IGNORED

Vocal Bristol City Fans

mozo

To be honest, I haven't considered changing from C block of the Dullmoan. I've had my seat for ten years and it's a great view. But the thought of a bit of an atmoshere & still being able to have a fag is starting to appeal. A block sounds good to me.

I have this impression of people who smoke and those who do not care about smokers as being a lot more care free and fun loving than that other lot of beings although i can base this on absolutely nothing.So perhaps Dolman A will for the first time in years wake up however i doubt it so i favour a move to the Old East End corner of the Williams to check if the pidgeons still do their worst.

Depends how many people we can inspire to congregate. The response to thios thread has been as tentative as the atmosphere at Ashton Gate thus far! Dolman A in theory, with non-smiking overspill in B makes perfect sense to me. I just hope we can get more interest/consensus.

I think the problem is that people become almost sentimental about their seat.

A mentality I've never understood.

Then of course you have to deal with the 'regulars' "who have had their seat for years" complaining because this rowdy bunch have just moved in. How dare they attempt to sing at a football match?

This is why vocalest's need a home, well away from anybody who has a problem.

Like safe standing or the return of City's traditional end to it's supporters this will not happen or more importantly will not be tolerated by Steve Lansdwon and his minions.You can buy a shirt, sit down listen to the thump thump of the officail supporters band but start supporting your club like we do on the road at places like Vale & Oldham and it's time for the intimidation to begin.Bristol City fc does not want part of it's support unless it fits in with their view of what a modern seated & virtually mute fan is.

True, unfortunately.

Have to admit I'm confused why you don't use the Ateyo to congregate, behind the goal being the tradition if you like.

people feel a bit odd when npbpdy around them joins in, so it puts them off.

As much as home supporters giving it large behind the goal is something of a tradition, the current rule makers at City have no respect for it. The Atyeo has now become the Family Stand well in tune with Dreary and all the rest of them.

''people feel a bit odd when npbpdy around them joins in, so it puts them off.'' - This is why all like minded vocal folk need to congregate together. Do the board at BCFC give a **** about these things?

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!

Seriously, AG's done nothing but become less fun since 1995 when I first started goin down un-accomponied.

Dunno what to say......without money what can I?

BRING FOOTBALL HOME!

Guest east dundry red

Lets be honest the simple answer is G black of the dolman, end of story, problem is the club have done everything to stop people getting in there.

Lets be honest the simple answer is G black of the dolman, end of story, problem is the club have done everything to stop people getting in there.

That sums it up.

But there's no point in giving up. No smoking in G-block might take effect. A-block is smokey and will be largely free if we want to congregate. There's a history of noise there and still has a small element of singers. Summat to build on perhaps.

We need to get some season ticket holders to move there and then the pay-on-the-day crew will follow. Sounds like the best option so far. Plus it's near R&W bar and we could join forces with the Atyeo noise-mongerers.

What do y'all think?

I will certainly be trying to buy tickets in Dolman A if I don't get a season ticket there.

To quote Public Enemy's Chuck D- Bring the noise

Let's hope more people get their s##t together then. It's a quality opportunity to arrange a good noisy spot.

Maybe Chuck D could come down to get the atmos going?

Let's hope more people get their s##t together then. It's a quality opportunity to arrange a good noisy spot.

Maybe Chuck D could come down to get the atmos going?

He said he was coming down when Flava Flav does the half time show. Dunno what the stewards would make of the S1W's though.

But there's no point in giving up. No smoking in G-block might take effect. A-block is smokey and will be largely free if we want to congregate. There's a history of noise there and still has a small element of singers. Summat to build on perhaps.

We need to get some season ticket holders to move there and then the pay-on-the-day crew will follow. Sounds like the best option so far. Plus it's near R&W bar and we could join forces with the Atyeo noise-mongerers.

What do y'all think?

Dear Mozo, keep this thread going. Some consensus might emerge. BUT WE NEED INFO AND A PLAN.

I see 2 possibilities :

1. All the "disreputables" (singers, smokers, shouters, laughers, people who encourage their team etc.) could move to and find a home in Dolman A. Especially if some A season ticket holders move because they are not looking forward to the smoke.

2. strengthen what we already have in G.

My daughter and I are season ticket holders in G where we scream and sing and shout and feel okay about it despite the hassles with the stewards because there are a fair few other people singing. I like being near the away fans and also we give the team vocal support in the first half when they are playing towards the away fans.

The stewards make a beeline for the young lads who want to sit at the top of G. Because they are treated like naughty boys they play up even more. Obvious isn't it?

If more singers who are season ticket holders moved to G it might well have an effect in reducing the hassles.

But as I said previously we do need info to find out where the vacant seats are in both A and G blocks so that we can assess which is the best option.

Keep it going MOZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mozo, keep this thread going. Some consensus might emerge. BUT WE NEED INFO AND A PLAN.

I see 2 possibilities :

1. All the "disreputables" (singers, smokers, shouters, laughers, people who encourage their team etc.) could move to and find a home in Dolman A. Especially if some A season ticket holders move because they are not looking forward to the smoke.

2. strengthen what we already have in G.

My daughter and I are season ticket holders in G where we scream and sing and shout and feel okay about it despite the hassles with the stewards because there are a fair few other people singing. I like being near the away fans and also we give the team vocal support in the first half when they are playing towards the away fans.

The stewards make a beeline for the young lads who want to sit at the top of G. Because they are treated like naughty boys they play up even more. Obvious isn't it?

If more singers who are season ticket holders moved to G it might well have an effect in reducing the hassles.

But as I said previously we do need info to find out where the vacant seats are in both A and G blocks so that we can assess which is the best option.

Keep it going MOZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm absolutely lovin the enthusiasm SK, we need more of that.

Don't get me wrong, I would say converge on G-block, but I reckon the smoking issue makes a difference.

The most positive responses I've had both here on OTIB and also on the Subbers forum is for Dolman A.

Smoking, Bar, good view...just needs rowdy fans.

Anyone wanna join the Dolman A-Team ?

Problem is; 2 main criteria for the aspiring vocalest - verbal support of the team - tick, Repartee with away fans - cross, they simply won't be able to hear us from the EE.

This is the main appeal of Williams E.

This is true.

Not many have shown tooo much interest so far though. I'm also sort of thinking that it might be a more natural move for some of the Dolman G-blockers who smoke to move across to A. Also in Dolman, it won't be a small group isolated, because the corner of the Atyeo joins in.

I have no personal preference, but but so far more positive response has come for Dolman A. More feedback would help...

My and about 8 mates are planning to get St's together in a "singing" area next season. I used to be in the B Block for 2 seasons and it was quite a good atmosphere there so if people congregated in the A block then i may go back to the B Block and spread the noise across there. :)

I'd be prepared to go in the williams though as you are closer to the away fans!

there or already quite alot of singers in the A and B block but there are not enough to keep the songs going. if all the singers did come up with us it could be a quality atmosphere as it would keep going and we would have people to start the songs

There you go boys...that sounds positive! :englandsmile4wf:

This is true.

Not many have shown tooo much interest so far though. I'm also sort of thinking that it might be a more natural move for some of the Dolman G-blockers who smoke to move across to A. Also in Dolman, it won't be a small group isolated, because the corner of the Atyeo joins in.

I have no personal preference, but but so far more positive response has come for Dolman A. More feedback would help...

Williams would be my preffered option purely because we would be closer to the away fans. having said that, so long as the vocal fans are together i shall be there and i shall be enjoying myself.

Williams would be my preffered option purely because we would be closer to the away fans. having said that, so long as the vocal fans are together i shall be there and i shall be enjoying myself.

I can honestly say I'm torn between the two. The proximity to the away fans and smoking makes Williams E very tempting, but I do worry that it's a harder option to sell to the majority of those interested. I really don't know.

HOWEVER : I really feel that we have enough people interested to start something that can in the long-term improve watching City.

Chalky, you and your eight mates are a very good addition to the cause. It's good to see that people are willing to be flexible on both alternatives too.

dolman is too high up and sounds good while your up there amongst yourselves but it's not so good while in other

stands which is why no one can hear each other.

what the subbers has found where it matters is getting low down (pitch side)

lower williams or lower dolman so THE PLAYERS can hear you and the players have admitted that themselves,

it also puts the wind up the other team, it does work a bit of encouragement pitch side,

we have found this to work well away from home to.

banter is good with away fans but the support message must get to the players, sod the away fans

and our 'who can out sing each others stand' amongst ourselves .

Pitch side is an interesting option.

I sat in the GWR block closest to the away fans against Swindon in the second half because i didn't want to put up with having to watch the stewards actions for 50% of the game! There were a few of us who were having a good sing along and it is quite effective atmosphere wise.

Two bad things about that suggestion though i feel, no roof over your head makes the noise just thin out really.

I and many others i'm sure prefer a higher up than pitch side view, you get a much better perspective of the game that way.

Keep this thread alive, we are planning on purchasing our ST's before May 20 so we need to have a good idea soon.

Gary johnson's cider army!

Has to behind agoal at oneend the Eastend is out,but I sat in the middleof the atyeo for acup game I reckon its idea place similar feel to it as the Eastend asyour fairly closeto thegoal,if you couldget 1000there singing every week it would be good,I haveheard thenoise in the atyeo when just 100 sing and it isquite loud,also the players come onto the pitch there so a lot ofcheering as they come out would be good for them,the more you get in that area singing would be good as for more support could easily sit to the sides of the central singing section so I say block c atyeo the new singing area I am sure this is the central block behind the goalmouth

Pitch side is an interesting option.

I sat in the GWR block closest to the away fans against Swindon in the second half because i didn't want to put up with having to watch the stewards actions for 50% of the game! There were a few of us who were having a good sing along and it is quite effective atmosphere wise.

Two bad things about that suggestion though i feel, no roof over your head makes the noise just thin out really.

I and many others i'm sure prefer a higher up than pitch side view, you get a much better perspective of the game that way.

Keep this thread alive, we are planning on purchasing our ST's before May 20 so we need to have a good idea soon.

Gary johnson's cider army!

In that case, we need as much feedback as poss in the next seven days before early bird season ticketers rush out to book their seats.

Dolman A and Williams E are the leading suggestions, but we seem torn between the two right now. I might do a poll in a few days.

In that case, we need as much feedback as poss in the next seven days before early bird season ticketers rush out to book their seats.

Dolman A and Williams E are the leading suggestions, but we seem torn between the two right now. I might do a poll in a few days.

should we not have a poll since these are the most popular options, otib cant be miles off from the general opinion

EDIT: managed to miss the fact that you said about a poll in your post :doh::doh::grr::grr:

should we not have a poll since these are the most popular options, otib cant be miles off from the general opinion

Oh, a poll - what a marvellous idea Joe :w00t: .

Yeh, I'll get it done on the weekend, but I still need more qualitative info. We need opinions!

One last idea on this one:

There are those who will want to go to/stay in Dolman Block A because smoking is allowed.

Others will want to stay in Dolman Block G because it's no-smoking/near the away fans.

Division then seems inevitable, so how about BOTH but with the following proviso:

Before the season, representatives of both groups agree ( it's easily done on here) that whichever of the 2 Blocks starts off a song, the other one at the opposite end of the Dolman will join in.

You've then got noise at both ends of the Dolman and the likelihood that those in between and in the GWR enclosure below will take up the chants too.

A veritable wall of noisy support cascading down from the length of the Dolman to pitchside, and i bet H Block Atyeo would join in too..... :)

One last idea on this one:

There are those who will want to go to/stay in Dolman Block A because smoking is allowed.

Others will want to stay in Dolman Block G because it's no-smoking/near the away fans.

Division then seems inevitable, so how about BOTH but with the following proviso:

Before the season, representatives of both groups agree ( it's easily done on here) that whichever of the 2 Blocks starts off a song, the other one at the opposite end of the Dolman will join in.

You've then got noise at both ends of the Dolman and the likelihood that those in between and in the GWR enclosure below will take up the chants too.

A veritable wall of noisy support cascading down from the length of the Dolman to pitchside, and i bet H Block Atyeo would join in too..... :)

Slight problem Nogbad. As i sat last season in A block of the Dolman you can barely hear ther G block if at all. I am of to the Williams E with two smokers in tow as we have been thinking about moving out of the Dullmoan for a while and think the a/b block have had their day.The a& b seem to be a real mixture of families, post 96 types and too few who remember what is was. So the wide open spaces of the Williams it is for me where i will be able to play spot the Hairy Northern one.

Opinions have been noted....looks like a few people have already made their minds up on sitting in the Williams E Block. I think that is definately a good idea as it's smoking so will attract the singers who like a smoke whilst watching the game and it's also close to the away fans.

Still think that the best view in the house is in the Dolman as the Williams has a few pillars, does that obstruct any areas of play?

Think we are going to get our tickets sometime midweek before next weekend...

If we could get Williams E from the back to the front heaving with vocalests - that would sound impressive and make for a decent matchday atmosphere as the away fans would be more likely to sing up in response.

The stand is linked to the EE and the acoustics are better than the Dolman anyway as it is a lower stand. It is fully covered as well. (I think)

The players most importantly would also be able to hear us.

I don't expect ANY co-operation from the Club with this but as has been mentioned else where by definition surely this is an issue the Supporters Club could have an influence on? Looking forward to when the ST gains a bit more power. City fans do need to unite.

Get that poll on the go Moz.

If we could get Williams E from the back to the front heaving with vocalests - that would sound impressive and make for a decent matchday atmosphere as the away fans would be more likely to sing up in response.

The stand is linked to the EE and the acoustics are better than the Dolman anyway as it is a lower stand. It is fully covered as well. (I think)

The players most importantly would also be able to hear us.

I don't expect ANY co-operation from the Club with this but as has been mentioned else where by definition surely this is an issue the Supporters Club could have an influence on? Looking forward to when the ST gains a bit more power. City fans do need to unite.

Get that poll on the go Moz.

I am probably in favour of the Williams E Block now after hearing a lot of responses over this and the subbers forum. I can definately see an overspill into the lower parts closer to the pitch. I can remember when i stood up there in a game against cardiff, a few seasons ago now and the place was heaving and the atmosphere was electric! The big games next season would also attract a lot of people to that area for the banter and singing whereas people paying on the day would go to the Dolman for the best view but not neccessarily want to sing!

This poll needs to get up and running and once it has got enough votes we'll buy our tickets in a few days time! I really hope we can make a good go of the atmosphere at AG next season, in the long-term a bit of recognition from the board wouldn't go a miss and possibly encourage people to join the E-BLOCK!

Gary Johnson's Cider Army!

Archived