IGNORED

Vocal Bristol City Fans

mozo

I don't care if I am the only one singing (frequently) but I wouldn't change from sitting in the Atyeo D Block. I really enjoy applauding the lads off at the end.

I also don't care too much for away fans and I'm not much interested in banter with them unless it's the usual cheerio cheerio cheerio when one of theirs gets sent off or they start creeping out before the end. I've been to too many away grounds where their lunatic fringe position themselves as close too us as possible and spend all game baiting and abusing us City fans.

I do miss standing behind the goal at The East End though but wouldn't swap now. Sadly as soon as all seater stadia came in the atmosphere disappeared with the exception of our hardcore away support. As stated earlier, the majority of our away fans are the hard core singers and much more noise is consistently made as they are forced to sit in a relatively small space.

The answer if you want atmoshere is too revert to standing behind the goals and seating along both sides. With regard to safety, if the Atyeo holds 5,000 standing, then you only let 5,000 in! No pay on the day with cash at the turnstile like the old days - thanks to computers it would not be possible to let more than 5,000 in. In these days without fences there wouldn't be the possibility of any repeat of that awful day at Hillsbrough.

I've just started a poll in the polls section so if people want to make their way over and vote it will be much appreciated.

I know Mozo said he was going to start one over the weekend but i think it will be better to allow more time for people to vote.

Cheers all, Chalky,

I am probably in favour of the Williams E Block now after hearing a lot of responses over this and the subbers forum. I can definately see an overspill into the lower parts closer to the pitch. I can remember when i stood up there in a game against cardiff, a few seasons ago now and the place was heaving and the atmosphere was electric! The big games next season would also attract a lot of people to that area for the banter and singing whereas people paying on the day would go to the Dolman for the best view but not neccessarily want to sing!

This poll needs to get up and running and once it has got enough votes we'll buy our tickets in a few days time! I really hope we can make a good go of the atmosphere at AG next season, in the long-term a bit of recognition from the board wouldn't go a miss and possibly encourage people to join the E-BLOCK!

Gary Johnson's Cider Army!

Dear Chalky, Mozo and all you other mad singers, having read all the posts on OTIB and the Subbers I'm coming round to 'E Block" of Williams (or F) as well. I'm just remembering how great it was in the 04-05 season.

If you remember the reason a lot of us moved to Dolman G was that the new stand was going to be built (??)and we were told that E block in the Williams was needed for the Away fans!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Lansdowne has not mentioned the new stand since this time.

I've checked with the ticket office and most of blocks E and F are free. Those that want to, could go to places near the pitch, at the front of F. Those that like the acoustic "bounce" off the walls and ceiling of the stand could go to the top of E. So the singers could occupy the whole section of the Williams from pitchside to the top of the stand.

Both blocks are also designated as smoking areas.

To me this seems the most obvious place to go providing there are no hassles with the Premiership set-up.

What do you think?

Dear Chalky, Mozo and all you other mad singers, having read all the posts on OTIB and the Subbers I'm coming round to 'E Block" of Williams (or F) as well. I'm just remembering how great it was in the 04-05 season.

If you remember the reason a lot of us moved to Dolman G was that the new stand was going to be built (??)and we were told that E block in the Williams was needed for the Away fans!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Lansdowne has not mentioned the new stand since this time.

I've checked with the ticket office and most of blocks E and F are free. Those that want to, could go to places near the pitch, at the front of F. Those that like the acoustic "bounce" off the walls and ceiling of the stand could go to the top of E. So the singers could occupy the whole section of the Williams from pitchside to the top of the stand.

Both blocks are also designated as smoking areas.

To me this seems the most obvious place to go providing there are no hassles with the Premiership set-up.

What do you think?

It's definately worth a crack in my opinion for next season. Is block F a block closer to the away fans or is Block E the closest?

If like you say there are plenty of seats avaliable there its seems like the most sensible option as the club won't recieve as many "complaints" from their own supporters about the noise levels, foul language etc.

Get voting on the poll chaps! It should be quite clear in a few days where people want to go!

I currently lurk in B Block Dolman, but will be moving down the road to G Block, and join the G Massive.

Up the G Dolman

I like the attitude but wouldn't you prefer joining the E Block massive if everyone moves over there instead?

It's definately worth a crack in my opinion for next season. Is block F a block closer to the away fans or is Block E the closest?

If like you say there are plenty of seats avaliable there its seems like the most sensible option as the club won't recieve as many "complaints" from their own supporters about the noise levels, foul language etc.

Get voting on the poll chaps! It should be quite clear in a few days where people want to go!

Chalky, well done for setting up the poll , I've just voted.

Block F, which is in two sections, one at pitchside and one half way up the stand, is directly below E block. So those in the pitchside section of F are closest to the Away fans.

So we should be able to cater for every taste in this part of the Stadium.

Come on you reds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get voting in the "Fans Polls" Forum

Chalky, well done for setting up the poll , I've just voted.

Block F, which is in two sections, one at pitchside and one half way up the stand, is directly below E block. So those in the pitchside section of F are closest to the Away fans.

So we should be able to cater for every taste in this part of the Stadium.

Come on you reds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get voting in the "Fans Polls" Forum

Good man, well if thats the case then people who don't think they can tolerate smokers but still want to sing with the majority can sit in the F Block carrying on the noise aswell as not having to put up with the smoke.

I can just see it now, "Draisey give us a wave, Draisey, Draisey give us a wave! "

:englandsmile4wf:

What do you think?

So this will be directly between the police surveillance shack and the new Premiership seating?

Not sure you'll be that welcome or get much peace from Stewards etc. there. :whistle:

Good luck anyway, hope it works out and a real atmosphere is created without undue interference from the "authorities".

So this will be directly between the police surveillance shack and the new Premiership seating?

Not sure you'll be that welcome or get much peace from Stewards etc. there. :whistle:

Good luck anyway, hope it works out and a real atmosphere is created without undue interference from the "authorities".

Looks like you won't be joining the possible E-Blockers?

Looks like you won't be joining the possible E-Blockers?

No, i'm settled where i am chalky with people i've sat with for years. I really don't like the upper part of the Williams, though the Old Enclosure used to be good.

If the singers DO end up somewhere in the Dolman, then i'll move across to join them occasionally like i have this past season.

If not i'll be viewing your animated and noisy support with some envy from the other side, hoping not to see too much movement of Stewards amongst the gallant chanters.

Have to say though, with the proximity of both the police control corrugated shack and the new Premier seating i fear that may not be the case.

Saw a few getting dragged out from there against Swindon, and reckon having "passionate" City fans near to the away fans puts the stewards and police on extra edge.

Chalks, i think we all have to come to an agreement of where to go, soon, because people will get anxious and just go where they want, like last season.

Because the majority of the noise comes from G Dolman, i think it will be unfair on them to be moved elsewhere, so why don't we just shut up and join them, and see how it goes?

Chalks, i think we all have to come to an agreement of where to go, soon, because people will get anxious and just go where they want, like last season.

Because the majority of the noise comes from G Dolman, i think it will be unfair on them to be moved elsewhere, so why don't we just shut up and join them, and see how it goes?

It would make sense, but there are problems with Dolman G, one being that some of the vocal fans want to be in or near a smoking area, hence Dolman A and Williams E/F.

It is a pain having to move, but you have to think about the benfits of joining a likeminded congregation. City fans have to reclaim the football supporting experience.

It would make sense, but there are problems with Dolman G, one being that some of the vocal fans want to be in or near a smoking area, hence Dolman A and Williams E/F.

It is a pain having to move, but you have to think about the benfits of joining a likeminded congregation. City fans have to reclaim the football supporting experience.

Well i'm hoping that if this season goes well atmosphere wise if we go to the Williams then we can all do the same next season with increased numbers...

Have the subbers come to a conclusion on where they will be next season, is anyone representing them here? Mozo??

Depending on how many G-Blockers have renewed ST's for next season there then a lot could possibly see the advantages of the E-Block...it is a dilemma on where to sit but we will come to a conclusion soon...

The more replies we get from these sort of threads from the more users the better..so if you're just reading the thread and plan to join us next season please do reply and tell us where you stand :)

:englandsmile4wf:

I've just started a poll in the polls section so if people want to make their way over and vote it will be much appreciated.

I know Mozo said he was going to start one over the weekend but i think it will be better to allow more time for people to vote.

Cheers all, Chalky,

26 people have voted so far. Many more people have expressed an opinion on this matter. Come on you singers, give us your vote.

Let's try to get our season ticket places together this year and not stay in our little factions.

If you haven't found the poll yet its under Main Forums>Fans Polls>Singing congregation

26 people would be enough to get a whole stand going but they would have to be a truly dedicated band

COME ON YOU TONSILS!!!!!!!

Archived