IGNORED

Add Odejayi To The List..

Bristol Boy

of strikers we're looking at providing they don't come up.......or maybe if they do.

GJ has shown that he fancies a big lump as a "club in his bag" and we've tried two in Savage & McCammon.

I'd be amazed if we didn't bring in at least one 6' 3" type target man for the coming season ala Parkin at Hull or Odejayi at Cheltenham who has the added advantage of being local, knowing City and having a turn of speed.

of strikers we're looking at providing they don't come up.......or maybe if they do.

GJ has shown that he fancies a big lump as a "club in his bag" and we've tried two in Savage & McCammon.

I'd be amazed if we didn't bring in at least one 6' 3" type target man for the coming season ala Parkin at Hull or Odejayi at Cheltenham who has the added advantage of being local, knowing City and having a turn of speed.

Why? Wasn't good enough then - not good enough now.

I don't think the use of McCammon and Savage indicate GJ likes big strikers, they were just all he could get hold of at the time. Yeovil weren't exactly full of jolly green giants.

• Admin

Doesn't Jevons fit the 'big lump' criteria?

Not if Soccerbase have his height & weight correct.................

Phillip Jevons

Height 5.10

Weight11.12

Date of birth 01-08-1979

Place of birth Liverpool

Position Forward

Nationality England

Scouser, a mate for Bradley Orr..............

I have often thought about him, although it would be large amounts of hassle to thing of a chant for the name Olukayode Odejayi :laugh:

i live in gloucester so ive seen a fair bit of Odejayi at cheltenham this season. Lazy, poor finisher, not alot of pace either. Good player for leauge 2 but not good enough for the top end of leauge 1. Would be very disapointed if we signed him!

Not if Soccerbase have his height & weight correct.................

Phillip Jevons

Height 5.10

Weight11.12

Date of birth 01-08-1979

Place of birth Liverpool

Position Forward

Nationality England

Scouser, a mate for Bradley Orr..............

And the rest...

:rolleyes:

correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt he linked with wolves in january?

seems as though he's been doing ok and maybe worth another look at the right price. i thought he looked a good prospect befor we released him.

Doesn't Jevons fit the 'big lump' criteria?

No.He's more in the Bob Taylor, James Hayter dare I say Junior Aggogo mould.

I think we'll bring in two of those and a big 'un! to accompany Brooker with DC as the "FIFTH" striker and first choice right winger.

You never know if Cotts really comes good, he might be Brookers regular partner :dunno:

Why? Wasn't good enough then - not good enough now.

I don't think the use of McCammon and Savage indicate GJ likes big strikers, they were just all he could get hold of at the time. Yeovil weren't exactly full of jolly green giants.

GJ signed Matt Harrold

and before that Bartosz Tarachulski

for Yeovil - both 6ft plus target man types...................so I think he does prefer to have one "big man" amongst the fowards.

I would be suprised if Johnson did not sign a player of this type in the summer.

CodeRed

I'd rather have stuck with McCammon if the best we could do was Odejayi

I agree - we will bring a tall target man.....................but would be very dissapointed if it was Odejayi

seems as though he's been doing ok and maybe worth another look at the right price. i thought he looked a good prospect befor we released him.

Did he ever play enough for the first team to able to make that judgement about him?

How about Dunc 'the drunk' Ferguson. He would keep the bars in Bristol thriving nicely :laugh:

I think Stewie and Peacock before him, have made sure Bristols Landlords have rather fat wallets. :laugh:

Would certainly cut down on the burglarys though!!

Guest Eamer

The only time I saw Odejayi perform well was on TV for Cheltenham this season against Newcastle. He was pretty awesome but never been as good as that ever before or since.

Was unimpressed wi him last time, and less impressed wi him on Saturday.......rather we went for Gillespie, or Guinanm, personally.

I like Senda, the Wycombe player too.

The only time I saw Odejayi perform well was on TV for Cheltenham this season against Newcastle. He was pretty awesome but never been as good as that ever before or since.

What when he missed a sitter from 5 yards?

Odejayi would be a step back for us. There are better options out there.

He was linked with Wolves & Plymouth, but for (in my opinion) silly money at £350k or thereabouts. From what I saw when I saw Cheltenham at Chester this year, he's improved since he left City, but not that much.

Are you sure it was GJ that likes a big lump up front and not his misses? :whistle::whistle:

don't know if its been mentioned but he has signed a new deal..

LINK

Hate to sound repetative but Peter Thompson, 48 goals this season for Linfield who will take part in the Champions League qualifiers this season. Will probably get hammered but he will have more experience than any current city player.

Big striker with good feet!

Come on GJ, book the Easyjet flight to Belfast and I'll pay!

Pete

Archived