IGNORED

Eurovision Contest.

kiwicolin

Cos your not allowed to, it has to be someone who hasnt had musical success before, hence Jordan going for it last year, otherwise say it was Robbie Willams, you might consider that they could have an advantage with fans of theirs from all over Europe and he would just walk it.

I have to put this as frankly as I can Dolly....

You're talking rubbish

There, got it out of my system.

What you might not be aware of is that many of the performers are quite successful in their home country.

And imagine if Robbie entered and didn't win. Career suicide, I think they call it.

Anyway, in other matters, I caught the semi-finals tonight whilst round my friend's. Lithuania are fantastic, a real class act. Keep an eye out for their tune with the great lyrics:

"We are the winners,

Of Eurovision!"

Pure genius. They're on just before us. I was hoping for Ireland before us, since they have the bland ballad that would act as a perfect foil for our song ("every song is a cry for love".... obviously never heard of 'Smack My Bitch Up' or 'Devil Woman').

Greece follow us up, and from the snippet I heard it's a true Eurovision song, which could be dangerous. On the plus side, I think we have a good chance, and the press out there supposedly love Daz and the song.

The French song sounds bollocks. So no change there then. Prepare to watch in amazement as other countries hand them points.

Lordi were great, the act including many douses of pyrotechnics, protraction wings on the lead singer and - best of all in my opinion - sparkly flame thingies coming from the guitarist's guitar.

These dudes are so hard they have no concept of health and safety.

The presenters were awful, and I checked and they will be presenting Saturday. The British commentator made a few choice quips about them to poke fun, but the veteran King Wogan will absolutely rip them to shreds, which should be a great laugh.

Another sad fact I know eh!! and anyone remember the year we got beat by 1 point by Celine Deon in 1988!!!! and she sang in French! :laugh:

As a point of interest, French is Celine's frst language and she is quality in French. If you get chance listen to (arguably) her best French song "Pour que tu m'aimes encores". I love it :)

Wasnt Daz our last sponsor for Bristol City? :laugh:

Nah, a washiong powder :)

I have to put this as frankly as I can Dolly....

You're talking rubbish

There, got it out of my system.

don't beat about the bush will you :crying:

Can you explain then why we don't have people who already have had songs released in the song for Europe competition. I appreciate they may have success in their own country, but not elsewhere.

don't beat about the bush will you :crying:

Can you explain then why we don't have people who already have had songs released in the song for Europe competition. I appreciate they may have success in their own country, but not elsewhere.

Plenty of people have done it in the past. As a recent example, Katrina and the Waves had a hit with "Walking on Sunshine". Remember that one?

People just don't do it because as I said, if they screw up it's career suicide.

Plenty of people have done it in the past. As a recent example, Katrina and the Waves had a hit with "Walking on Sunshine". Remember that one?

People just don't do it because as I said, if they screw up it's career suicide.

Surely going on the show in the first place is career suicide? Can't think of anyone that's been on it and been 'a hit' after... Although there was that Isreali tranny a couple of years ago, he/she/it is available for parties etc, pm me for the number.

Joke dude, keep your collar on!

Sorry, been a long day.... crap funeral, much weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth. Thankfully there's a game on at Salford tonight, can have a good yell at the bunch of doughnuts now representing Wigan RLFC :@

Werent the alleged Russian lesbians Tatu runners up in 2002 for Russia?

big brother is rubbish.

at least eurovision had some talent. :blink:

The winners didn't that's for sure. What won it for them was the act they put on. Take away all the costumes does anyone think they would really win?

the finnish group Lordi wasn't an act.that is them for real

as a group.they do that for a living.

Yea I know that but what I mean is if they didn't wear all that stuff and put on a performance like they did and just stood there and sang like many did does any really think they would have still won? I for one don't. The song was awful and a insult to European music and some of the previous winners of Euro Vision.

The song was awful and a insult to European music and some of the previous winners of Euro Vision.

I don't think any song could be an insult unless its one of our entries their song and Lithuanians song were my favourite. Finland were easily going to win anyway because they had a good song and its next to Norway and Sweden.

besides celine dion, ABBA, Cliff Richard? :whistle:

Other nationalities have had great domestic success too, there are worse ways to make a living. Brotherhood Of Man had enjoyed chart success before they won the contest in 1976, and are still doing the rounds today, as is Bucks Fizz.

Archived