IGNORED

Henry Staying

RED4LIFE

Reported on the news this morning.

Apparently Henry is staying with Arsenal for the foreseeable future.

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I'm pleased a player of his quality is staying in the english game. Not for just his footballing skills, but also for the way he behaves. I think he is a great role model for all future english footballers.

Well after that hilarious interview the other night (probably the funniest I've seen since Keegan's 'I'd luv it' moment a few years ago) I think Barcelona probably decided they didn't want him anyway. Slagging off your possible new team-mates (Ronaldinhio & Eto) isn't going to do you any favours is it ?

Well after that hilarious interview the other night (probably the funniest I've seen since Keegan's 'I'd luv it' moment a few years ago) I think Barcelona probably decided they didn't want him anyway. Slagging off your possible new team-mates (Ronaldinhio & Eto) isn't going to do you any favours is it ?

Please please give me a quick rendition of the interview I couldnt understand a word of it.

Please please give me a quick rendition of the interview I couldnt understand a word of it.

Refs a Barca fan and cant keep up with the pace of the english game and if he didnt want Arsenal to win he should have said so before the game, Eto'o and Ronaldinho are crap, but Larsson is quality, he wont dive 'like a woman', like Marquez and Van Bommel did. Arsenal players should be proud of themselves.

It was particularly funny, but you had to agree with everything he said. A top man in my eyes.

I think Barcelona probably decided they didn't want him anyway.

yeah, why would they want him anyway, he's only been most consistant scorer in the last 3 years in europe, plus as well as the goals he scores he sets just as many up. Personally i think he is the most complete footballer in the world

It's brilliant news for Arsenal and the national game. Henry is the best foreign player in the Premier League and is a pleasure to watch.

Barca seemed to have annoyed him immensely.

Henry has a great thing going for him and this is highlighted by the fact that opposition supporters clap him off the field.

Refs a Barca fan and cant keep up with the pace of the english game and if he didnt want Arsenal to win he should have said so before the game, Eto'o and Ronaldinho are crap, but Larsson is quality, he wont dive 'like a woman', like Marquez and Van Bommel did. Arsenal players should be proud of themselves.

It was particularly funny, but you had to agree with everything he said. A top man in my eyes.

Nice one cheers mate, all I could interpret was "if we'd had a proper ref" was funny as. He is in my eyes the best player in the world, on and off the pitch, anyone see him on that T4 thing? When he's messing around it is quite scary to watch, the amount of tallent he's got. The advert thing was just boring though.

The fact that Henry is staying with Arsenal and therefore the Premiership is the best news I've heard in ages.

The man is pure quality and also loved by virtually all the English fans who frequently chant his name.Pompey,Sunderland and Man City fans all paid tribute to the best striker the Premiership has ever seen.

He's the one player that has brought fans together.No matter where you go in the UK every football fan,regardless of thier allegience will tell you what a great ambassador and player Thierry Henry is.

I can't recall one single player in all the history of the English game that has done that.

No matter where you go in the UK every football fan,regardless of thier allegience will tell you what a great ambassador and player Thierry Henry is.

I can't recall one single player in all the history of the English game that has done that.

Tom Finney, Stanley Matthews, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton.................. :whistle:

The fact that Henry is staying with Arsenal and therefore the Premiership is the best news I've heard in ages.

The man is pure quality and also loved by virtually all the English fans who frequently chant his name.Pompey,Sunderland and Man City fans all paid tribute to the best striker the Premiership has ever seen.

He's the one player that has brought fans together.No matter where you go in the UK every football fan,regardless of thier allegience will tell you what a great ambassador and player Thierry Henry is.

Well i'm not telling anyone what a great ambassador and player he is so your kind of wrong there, I dislike him and I dislike the new Arsenal so I wont ever be praising either of them.

Players like, Zola, Cantona, Shearer, Ian Wright, Teddy Sheringham imo are true legends in the english game and they really helped promote the epl. All Henry has done is play abit of decent football compared to what all of them have done.

Well i'm not telling anyone what a great ambassador and player he is so your kind of wrong there, I dislike him and I dislike the new Arsenal so I wont ever be praising either of them.

Players like, Zola, Cantona, Shearer, Ian Wright, Teddy Sheringham imo are true legends in the english game and they really helped promote the epl. All Henry has done is play abit of decent football compared to what all of them have done.

WTF? Shearer, Sheringham - yes they may have done more for the Prem than Henry but he may yet in the fullness of his career eclipse both. The rest - No chance whatsoever. Henry has been superb entertainment, had an excellent attitude, and played every game with heart, skill and fight.

You're basically just being sad and bitter.

WTF? Shearer, Sheringham - yes they may have done more for the Prem than Henry but he may yet in the fullness of his career eclipse both. The rest - No chance whatsoever. Henry has been superb entertainment, had an excellent attitude, and played every game with heart, skill and fight.

You're basically just being sad and bitter.

So did the rest I mentioned. IMHO the Prem wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for some of them players.

Within 2-3 years Henry will be gone. Looks just like the Viera situation all over again.

Why am I sad and bitter? I just dislike Arsenal, Chelsea etc and generally the prem like many others do.

Tom Finney, Stanley Matthews, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton.................. :whistle:

Unfortunately the first two were before my time and the second two were Englishmen who won the World Cup in 1966.Its no suprise that they were rated as fans favourites along with the rest of the '66 squad.

The point I'm making is that in this day and age of tribalism and intense rivalry between clubs, Henry has united the football fan regardless of who they support.Even the most ardent and passionate Spurs fan will admit that Henry is a class act.There is not a club in the whole of Europe that would not sign Henry should he become avaliable.

He's a very special player who fans of this generation will be talking about in 30 years time in the same way that fans of my generation talk about Pele.

Unfortunately the first two were before my time and the second two were Englishmen who won the World Cup in 1966.Its no suprise that they were rated as fans favourites along with the rest of the '66 squad.

The point I'm making is that in this day and age of tribalism and intense rivalry between clubs, Henry has united the football fan regardless of who they support.Even the most ardent and passionate Spurs fan will admit that Henry is a class act.There is not a club in the whole of Europe that would not sign Henry should he become avaliable.

He's a very special player who fans of this generation will be talking about in 30 years time in the same way that fans of my generation talk about Pele.

How has he united fans'? He certainly wouldn't ever unite me with a Rovers fan or 99% of other club fans' in this country because I see it as a winner takes all game. No time for sentiment.

What has Henry done in his time at Arsenal that other players haven't done as I really fail to see it.

So did the rest I mentioned. IMHO the Prem wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for some of them players.

Within 2-3 years Henry will be gone. Looks just like the Viera situation all over again.

Why am I sad and bitter? I just dislike Arsenal, Chelsea etc and generally the prem like many others do.

Henry will play more games in the Prem with more goals than most of those you mentioned if not all.

You're sad and bitter because you fail to recognise the best player in English league football and you have a xenophobic dislike of Arsenal because they don't have many English players and you can't understand the perfectly logical reasons behind why.

How has he united fans'? He certainly wouldn't ever unite me with a Rovers fan or 99% of other club fans' in this country because I see it as a winner takes all game. No time for sentiment.

What has Henry done in his time at Arsenal that other players haven't done as I really fail to see it.

Well, he's broken Wright's goalscoring records for a start - yet you think Wright is a legend?!?

He's won 3 consecutive FWA Player of the Year awards.

He's played in a European final, won a World cup and European Championship - and NONE of the players you mention have done any of that.

Henry will play more games in the Prem with more goals than most of those you mentioned if not all.

You're sad and bitter because you fail to recognise the best player in English league football and you have a xenophobic dislike of Arsenal because they don't have many English players and you can't understand the perfectly logical reasons behind why.

Well, he's broken Wright's goalscoring records for a start - yet you think Wright is a legend?!?

He's won 3 consecutive FWA Player of the Year awards.

He's played in a European final, won a World cup and European Championship - and NONE of the players you mention have done any of that.

Henry may get close to Shearers apparences but I very much doubt he will beat him. Anyways like I said it's the whole Viera situation all over again and with 2-3 years he will be gone. He wont stay at Arsenal for the rest of his career. You just don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

To say he is the best player in the prem is debatable and a debate I can't be bothered with at this time of night.

Henry may get close to Shearers apparences but I very much doubt he will beat him. Anyways like I said it's the whole Viera situation all over again and with 2-3 years he will be gone. He wont stay at Arsenal for the rest of his career. You just don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

To say he is the best player in the prem is debatable and a debate I can't be bothered with at this time of night.

I see, so he might not break Shearer's records but he's not a legend despite the fact that presumably you concede he will out achieve all of the other players you mentioned.

He is not like the Viera situation because he just signed the deal that Viera didn't, and it's highly likely he will end his career at Arsenal because noone will come in for him when he's 32/33.

As to whether or not he's the best player in the Prem, there isn't any debate. Name a better one.

Virtually everywhere Henry plays in the Premiership the home fans applaud and often chant his name.I can't remember any other player having that kind of respect or impact upon the beautifull game in England.

When Henry scored 4 against Pompey in the cup awhile back the Pompey fans were chanting "we're going to sign Henry" and cheering him every time he got the ball - they were 1-6 down at the time.

What has Henry done in his time at Arsenal? Read Nibor's post...

When Henry scored 4 against Pompey in the cup awhile back the Pompey fans were chanting "we're going to sign Henry" and cheering him every time he got the ball - they were 1-6 down at the time.

Did they sign him? It's the type of thing you do when your 6-1 down. Terry Henry is a class act but saying he unites football fans is going a bit far.If Rooney is fit for the world cup surely he would unite the fans of England. :dunno:

Rooney :englandsmile4wf:

Its an interesting 'best player' comparison, Rooney or Henry?

If your talking about pace, skill and a sublime touch with the cool ability to finish and create goals then it has to be Henry.

Imo Henry is curently the best player in Premiership.He has it all.

Archived