IGNORED

£23 V Scunthorpe

Wurzel City

How can anybody justify £23 admission for Bristol City V S****horpe when this would have paid for a ticket for Croatia v England or France v England during euro 2004? Spain v England in Madrid was "TWELVE EUROS/£8"! This is S****horpe, i have a season ticket but anybody who pays that on the day must think the club really don't give an earthly.

How can anybody justify £23 admission for Bristol City V S****horpe when this would have paid for a ticket for Croatia v England or France v England during euro 2004? Spain v England in Madrid was "TWELVE EUROS/£8"! This is S****horpe, i have a season ticket but anybody who pays that on the day must think the club really don't give an earthly.

The ticket prices aren't set by the "value" of watching City. They're set by the amount of money the club needs to not make too big a loss.

The club isn't stupid. They know they can charge abit extra as they know what ever the way they will get 13000+ for the first game of the season.

Arrogant, disrespectful and uncaring spring readily to mind. I am sure they will almsot want a pat on the back for "only" charging £21 for Blackpool. Why stop there? Can't they put up the food prices and programme prices as well for what is after all S****horpe I do wonder if the pubs around the ground would do this for the opening day of the season just to see if their regulars can stomach it.

The ticket prices aren't set by the "value" of watching City. They're set by the amount of money the club needs to not make too big a loss.

£23 is too much to watch third rate football full stop and does nothing to attract some who may have been wavered by the world cup.My Mrs comes down quite regulaly and thinks people are mugs for paying it & she is the type the club should be trying to attract but she sucks her teeth at the price.

For £23 against sub-standard opposition IMO, i will not be attending. First game of the new season or not. Its just to expensive.

Heres a an idea of how much the prices are out. Was in France earlier in the year, was in the old capital city of Lyon. Went into a Quick Burger for a bite to eat. On buying the meal i was presented with a voucher to get a meal deal and a ticket to Lyons next match, all for something like 12 Euros....bargain! A bit of grub and a chance to see the 5 consecutive times French champions play...all that for about £8.50!

£23 :(

How much is it to pay for BCFC WORLD??. :yawn:

If it's still around the £30 mark, then i would rather invest for 12 months of that, then to travel down to the Gate to see a possible mediocre start to the season against the Irons!!, :razz:

There will be too much anticipation that this is going to be our season yet again!!, :grr:

Failure to win will be greeted on here as the seasons over before it has even started!!.

Gary will be lobbing grenade's!!.

Our rivals for promotion will already have a 3 point advantage!!.

:handbags:

Think I'll give Scunny at home a miss, play world on the computer with the volume on full, and have a BBQ in the Garden!!, :farmer:

(now awaiting the usual "You're a part time fan" response!.).

;)

My god....one minute people are on here saying provide this or provide that or sign him or improve the quality of that or improve AG instead of moving etc etc

The next they are moaning about paying for it all..

Out of interest I wonder what the prices are down the Mem?

Maybe you can go down there if it's cheaper

Personally I pay to watch my team not the opposition -

also I pay to give me the right to make comments about my club

To put it a bit more in perspective, £23 is the pay on the day price for part of the Dolman and Williams Stands. It is £24 in the centre of the Dolman and £21 in the Atyeo. There is a £3 reduction if you buy your ticket in advance.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HomeT...,,10327,00.html

It is slightly more expensive to watch City than some League One clubs but it is still cheaper than some. For example, Forest's POD prices are between £22-£26.

As a matter of interest it will cost Rovers fans £22 to POD to see Accrington Stanley.

£23 is too much to watch third rate football full stop and does nothing to attract some who may have been wavered by the world cup.My Mrs comes down quite regulaly and thinks people are mugs for paying it & she is the type the club should be trying to attract but she sucks her teeth at the price.

Yes it's too much.

Can you explain an alternative that doesn't involve the club making a bigger loss?

Yes it's too much.

Can you explain an alternative that doesn't involve the club making a bigger loss?

Perhaps a price that will not put off so many?

£20 per ticket would probably not deter so many. Every 1 person who comes who would not have at £23 would pay the difference for nearly 7 fans.

Perhaps a price that will not put off so many?

£20 per ticket would probably not deter so many. Every 1 person who comes who would not have at £23 would pay the difference for nearly 7 fans.

Do you reckon that dropping the on the day prices by £3 would change increase our attendances by one in seven? Can't see it myself.

I reckon if the board thought they'd generate as much cash from dropping the prices they would - what reason could they have not to?

Yes it's too much.

I can think of one straight away but Citys open minded Chairman will not even think about it even if Citys fans were 99% in favour of it and it is called terracing or to others safe standing. I honestly believe this could make the club money however it is not part of the mindset of BCFC.

Squeezing as much monmey out of the turnstiles from fans who are already paying throughthe nose for little is not healthy in the long run. Freeze the prices & for Christ sake do not put them up for the likes of S****horpe because that is not going to tempt more in.

Cuts are being made everywhere e.g cjs [good ideai think not!] & if you can't afford it tough is Bristol your City attitude.Why not consultation and consent with those who matter most because not so long ago Chesterfield were heading into the finacial abysss.The club brought their fans into the running of the club and now they make money from a club let's fac e it has less going for it than City. It can be done by other routes than screwing yet more money from peole many of which do not earn that much.Not modern that Chesterfield though!

Yes it's too much.

Paying their overpaid, over rated players less money?

You can see matches in the Bundesliga or Serie A for a lot less money than this so there is an answer somewhere.

I can think of one straight away but Citys open minded Chairman will not even think about it even if Citys fans were 99% in favour of it and it is called terracing or to others safe standing. I honestly believe this could make the club money however it is not part of the mindset of BCFC.

Squeezing as much monmey out of the turnstiles from fans who are already paying throughthe nose for little is not healthy in the long run. Freeze the prices & for Christ sake do not put them up for the likes of S****horpe because that is not going to tempt more in.

Cuts are being made everywhere e.g cjs [good ideai think not!] & if you can't afford it tough is Bristol your City attitude.Why not consultation and consent with those who matter most because not so long ago Chesterfield were heading into the finacial abysss.The club brought their fans into the running of the club and now they make money from a club let's fac e it has less going for it than City. It can be done by other routes than screwing yet more money from peole many of which do not earn that much.Not modern that Chesterfield though!

If you mean standing then I'm unsure how spending money to create a standing area so that fans (most of whom are probably paying for seats now) can pay less will make the club more money. If we were building a new stand or ground anyway then I'd be all for having the choice of a safe standing area but I don't think it makes sense to take out seats and do it now.

No amount of consultation with fans makes the club more money. The exercise at Chesterfield was about cutting costs by paying out less money and involving the fans was great because they understood why it was necessary and got behind the club. They didn't in any way increase their income.

The club seem to be making progress cutting the wage budget, and more still will be made if we can lose the transfer listed players, but I suspect that the only thing that will bring us into the black in the next accounts is the sale of Lita. Would you be happy with paying say... £18 if it meant we had to accept £400k for Brooker to balance the books at the end of the season? I certainly wouldn't.

We're competing against clubs for players, if we want the better players we have to pay the better wages. There's only so much cutting you can do if you want to try for promotion, which is what you and other fans want. That means we will pay slightly higher prices than the clubs we compete with. I disagree that the squad now is full of journeymen. I think there are several players in it that any team in this division would love to have.

I'm not saying your wrong that £23 is too much, I agree that it is. I just don't see an alternative and I don't think you've got a viable one either. You're pissed off, no doubt, but there's no easy solution and if there was I'm sure that SL would take it. I think your criticism of the board and SL in this case is unfair and unfounded.

£14.50 to stand in a shed and watch non league football a good deal :blink: You've just anwsered your own problem for next season ,would you like directions to the Mem?

You have sit at Ashton gate because it is an all seater stadia and it is the law-SL not really to blame!!

If you take your misses too football to deserve to get nagged-self inflicted and I have no sympathy for you :whistle:

You don't have to pay on the day there are other options, you could pay £14.30 to sit in the Dolman it just means investing for the season or you could watch the a lower standard and pay £14.50 to stand,bottom line- the choice is yours. :farmer:

I know where the memorial is i went there last July.

"SEATING IS NOT THE LAW"!

Because you live in such a rural area the opposite sex are scarce so i will sympathise with you.

I have a season ticket & there are clubs who offer terracing for £15 at this level and also seating . Now that is a real choice!

Paying their overpaid, over rated players less money?

That's pretty naive. If we pay less wages we will not be able to sign the players we want to. That being said, GJ seems to be pretty adept at getting value for money.

You can see matches in the Bundesliga or Serie A for a lot less money than this so there is an answer somewhere.

The answer is pretty obvious in that case isn't it? All we need is a crowd of 50,000 and about £15m in TV revenue. An absolute doddle.

I didn't say Chesterfield was an experiment and honestly nearly everything you've posted about them is incorrect.

They didn't increase their income, they cut their costs and most importantly got rid of the criminal that was bankrupting them. See here.

Despite operating under vastly tighter financial restrictions for players than us they don't run at a profit, they didn't introduce terracing either, they already had it. They're also looking at moving to a new all seater stadium in order to increase non matchday revenue.

My god....one minute people are on here saying provide this or provide that or sign him or improve the quality of that or improve AG instead of moving etc etc

The next they are moaning about paying for it all..

Out of interest I wonder what the prices are down the Mem?

Maybe you can go down there if it's cheaper

Personally I pay to watch my team not the opposition -

also I pay to give me the right to make comments about my club

you have to pay to give an opinion? So the less fortunate have less of am opinion compared to the more fortunate? Also, if you are comparing us to the Gas, are you suggesting the Gas are doing the right thing too? Both prices are disgusting for 3rd tier football and completly out of touch with reality.

I cannot warrant paying that money for 2 hours of 3rd division football. full stop. No matter how much I love this club, there is always a line where I cannot cross. If we were a league higher, those prices would be understandable, but until then they are not.

Archived