IGNORED

£23 V Scunthorpe

Wurzel City

If you don't want to Pay £23 then buy a season ticket its the easiest option - You can spread the cost over 6 months or even use a credit card to pay for it - If your really that bothered by the price then stay at home and miss the game which will annoy you even more!

If you don't want to Pay £23 then buy a season ticket its the easiest option - You can spread the cost over 6 months or even use a credit card to pay for it - If your really that bothered by the price then stay at home and miss the game which will annoy you even more!

Another one who is so simplistic in his thinking.

So,

should the people who can only make a few games a season buy a season ticket?

should the local people who are considering watching more sport, but, not decided or that committed yet buy a season ticket?

should the people on low-income who can only afford the odd match and cannot get credit buy a season ticket?

Or should they be able to go and watch their local side at a decent price that might make then come back?

No, they should stay at home and miss the game in annoyance; that'll sort out the club's financial plight.

Another one who is so simplistic in his thinking.

So,

should the local people who are considering watching more sport, but, not decided or that committed yet buy a season ticket?

should the people on low-income who can only afford the odd match and cannot get credit buy a season ticket?

Or should they be able to go and watch their local side at a decent price that might make then come back?

No, they should stay at home and miss the game in annoyance; that'll sort out the club's financial plight.

or they could spend £17 or £18 and still watch the City. :dunno:

or they could spend £17 or £18 and still watch the City. :dunno:

They could spend £18 (not £17) and have a crap view in the Atyeo; presuming they can get to the ground or are willing to pay the charges related to posting tickets. How much is that these days? (£1.70ish per ticket or is the postal charge only per application?)

They could spend £18 (not £17) and have a crap view in the Atyeo; presuming they can get to the ground or are willing to pay the charges related to posting tickets. How much is that these days? (£1.70ish per ticket or is the postal charge only per application?)

£17 for cat c games,i always thought you could pick your tickets up on the day of the game instead of having them sent out. :dunno:

£17 for cat c games,i always thought you could pick your tickets up on the day of the game instead of having them sent out. :dunno:

S****horpe is cat b as our club have put the prices up. I expect the Atyeo to be near full v S****horpe so i will give you a sceanario. My Mrs [ The enemy] often does not know if she can attend game till friday night so come saturday i can announce to save money she can head of to the Atyeo on her own :handbags:

Or pay £23 to join me as i have season ticket for the Williams :handbags::handbags:

If our club really is so desperate for cash they can make it public and we can dust off the "support Bristol City now or never" stickers and try and get some fence sitters down the Gate but with the prices City think are appropriate for this game there would not be many takers.

no, they should pay the price asked without questioning it, if they want to go then go if they feel its to expensive stay at home.

no, they should pay the price asked without questioning it, if they want to go then go, if they feel its to expensive stay at home.

should the people on low-income who can only afford the odd match and cannot get credit buy a season ticket

no, they should pay the price asked without questioning it, if they want to go then go, if they feel its to expensive stay at home.

a season ticket is what makes the most saving for any fan even if you missed a few games youd save a bit which is why they have the offers i wouldnt pay on the day so i bought a season ticket and stand to save alot I'm not going to all the home matches due to other commitments il still save :dance:

So that's low wage earners, students, those on income support, those receiving disability living allowance, families, oaps & those who may just not have much money to spare full stop.Colin Sexston would be proud of you.

I like it, shall we call it Bristol your City?

no, they should pay the price asked without questioning it, if they want to go then go if they feel its to expensive stay at home.

should the people on low-income who can only afford the odd match and cannot get credit buy a season ticket

YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A SAD BARSTEWARD

YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A SAD BARSTEWARD

whys that then, maybe i cant be bothered to moan about everything the club does, If you cant afford it then don't go thats all I'm saying, I would like to go to the carribean each year for holidays but guess what i cant as i don't earn enough - There are already concessions for most people who find money tight and if people are honest with themselves they could afford £23 if they went without other luxurys like beer and fags all the time.

I do agree that its quite expensive for a football match however looking at most of the clubs in our league it is an average. However I would like to see the club do more offers if we arent filling the stadium just to put bums on seats. The six of the best was something they used last season don't know how successful it was.

I like him and if you can't afford the platinum seating why would City be interested?

It sounded to me S.Bcity was taking the P out of fans who could not afford season tickets, and if you could not afford it stay at home because he wanted a better class of fan at the Gate.

Just received my season ticket renewal from Trowbridge Town - £40! And if I wish to include club membership and a programme for each home game then £60. A real bargain - and supporters are valued as such and not just numbers on a customer data base. One game at Ashton Gate - including petrol, refreshments, programme and hassle - costs the same as my local club's season ticket. OK - the quality of football doesn't compare but grass roots football is real football - as MOTD are so keen to point out on FA Cup Round 3 day!

whys that then, maybe i cant be bothered to moan about everything the club does, If you cant afford it then don't go thats all I'm saying, I would like to go to the carribean each year for holidays but guess what i cant as i don't earn enough - There are already concessions for most people who find money tight and if people are honest with themselves they could afford £23 if they went without other luxurys like beer and fags all the time.

You`re not very old are you :dunno: beer fags and yes holidays :o come before B.C.F.C for me now and a few more things.

As prev stated I did used to go to all home and most away games, even bought a season ticket for first few years the Dolman was open; now I am trying to see a few more things than the Gate.

C.T.I.D for sure and a big part of my life it will remain, as for moans and groans hey young gun thats called personal opinions and it what this forums for. Stay :D be :D

As well as being a long distance fan, I work approximately half of the home games, therefore a season ticket is somewhat of a waste of money. And I have being following this club regularly for twenty or so years..so don't question my commitment!

Just received my season ticket renewal from Trowbridge Town - £40! And if I wish to include club membership and a programme for each home game then £60. A real bargain - and supporters are valued as such and not just numbers on a customer data base. One game at Ashton Gate - including petrol, refreshments, programme and hassle - costs the same as my local club's season ticket. OK - the quality of football doesn't compare but grass roots football is real football - as MOTD are so keen to point out on FA Cup Round 3 day!

My village team play over the road from me and its FREE to watch. :farmer:

As well as being a long distance fan, I work approximately half of the home games, therefore a season ticket is somewhat of a waste of money. And I have being following this club regularly for twenty or so years..so don't question my commitment!

where have i question commitment?

where have i question commitment?

This do?

"no, they should pay the price asked without questioning it, if they want to go then go, if they feel its to expensive stay at home "

Taken from one of your replies above. :) .

Guest North Street

If you mean standing then I'm unsure how spending money to create a standing area so that fans (most of whom are probably paying for seats now) can pay less will make the club more money. If we were building a new stand or ground anyway then I'd be all for having the choice of a safe standing area but I don't think it makes sense to take out seats and do it now.

No amount of consultation with fans makes the club more money. The exercise at Chesterfield was about cutting costs by paying out less money and involving the fans was great because they understood why it was necessary and got behind the club. They didn't in any way increase their income.

The club seem to be making progress cutting the wage budget, and more still will be made if we can lose the transfer listed players, but I suspect that the only thing that will bring us into the black in the next accounts is the sale of Lita. Would you be happy with paying say... £18 if it meant we had to accept £400k for Brooker to balance the books at the end of the season? I certainly wouldn't.

We're competing against clubs for players, if we want the better players we have to pay the better wages. There's only so much cutting you can do if you want to try for promotion, which is what you and other fans want. That means we will pay slightly higher prices than the clubs we compete with. I disagree that the squad now is full of journeymen. I think there are several players in it that any team in this division would love to have.

I'm not saying your wrong that £23 is too much, I agree that it is. I just don't see an alternative and I don't think you've got a viable one either. You're pissed off, no doubt, but there's no easy solution and if there was I'm sure that SL would take it. I think your criticism of the board and SL in this case is unfair and unfounded.

Nibor I would agree with maximising profits to an extent but City need some serious input from the support as any money making scheme from Sexston sees yet more criticism directed at the club. lansdown polarises opinion more than any Chairman i have known as many seriously dislike the bloke and his employee/Director Sexston . These prices are short sighted and £23 for S****horpe should make even Sexston faces redden. £23 is a price that will and it really will put fans off attending which is lessening those profits not maximising. If City are eyebrows deep they have to be realistic and look at what the average man can afford.

Chesterfield have increased season ticket sales & there gates are the highest for twenty years which is a serious increase in revenue! It would need a very persuasive argument to change my mind that this is not linked to Chesterfield fans gaining a sense of pride in the involvement they in have in their club

I work in care and none of the clients i work with smoke and they are lucky if that can get out once or twice a moth such are the financial constraints the live with.Concessions you say?Hardly lavish for anyone on diasability allownance as still they are not be likely to watch City full stop.Try thinking before you post!

Guest North Street

I work in care and none of the clients i work with smoke and they are lucky if that can get out once or twice a moth such are the financial constraints the live with.Concessions you say?Hardly lavish for anyone on diasability allownance as still they are not be likely to watch City full stop.Try thinking before you post!

I work in care and none of the clients i work with smoke and they are lucky if that can get out once or twice a month such are the financial constraints they live with. Concessions you say? Hardly lavish for anyone on disability allowance as they are not be likely to watch City full stop as it can very easily cost their entire disposable income for a week for ninety minutes of football. Try thinking before you post!

Mistraks ahoy, i need to check my spelling before i post.

How can anybody justify £23 admission for Bristol City V S****horpe when this would have paid for a ticket for Croatia v England or France v England during euro 2004? Spain v England in Madrid was "TWELVE EUROS/£8"! This is S****horpe, i have a season ticket but anybody who pays that on the day must think the club really don't give an earthly.

I have a season ticket and have done for years.

However, I think we miss the point.

The real question is if the pay on the day price was ( say ) £15 would we get an extra 4 or 5 thousand on the gate. If yes it would make economic sense.

If no then the club is maximising revenue.

We all have a limited amount of money to spend.

Entertainment is expensive - you can pay £15 to watch Bath rugby with no seating, no cover and no facilities.

Having said that they are in the top flight division.

A couple of pints in my local will cost you a fiver.

However, if you go to AG with a partner and / or kids and add on the cost of getting there etc. it is a lot of money for 90 minutes entertainment ( even if you get it ).

I think that gate prices should be like hiring videos.

At season start make them average.

If we perform badly cut the prices - like a poor video.

If we are in the top six put them up a bit - like a top notch video.

Value for money is all and last season the pay at the gate people didn't get it.

The club cannot exist on season tickets alone so they should be a bit more inventive / flexible / fair.

I work in care and none of the clients i work with smoke and they are lucky if that can get out once or twice a month such are the financial constraints they live with. Concessions you say? Hardly lavish for anyone on disability allowance as they are not be likely to watch City full stop as it can very easily cost their entire disposable income for a week for ninety minutes of football. Try thinking before you post!

Mistraks ahoy, i need to check my spelling before i post.

So tell me what you would like the club to realistically do? We all want promotion and moan if we don't get the players we want - Ive seen plenty of critism on these pages because we have not gone for so and so, If you want the big name players (and we have a few for this division) then they come at a price and that has to be reflected somewhere as Lansdown wont bankroll this club forever.

Now i do feel sorry for people that cant afford it and I'm glad I'm personally not in that posistion but there are plenty of things i don't do because of finance.

I have a season ticket and have done for years.

However, I think we miss the point.

The real question is if the pay on the day price was ( say ) £15 would we get an extra 4 or 5 thousand on the gate. If yes it would make economic sense.

If no then the club is maximising revenue.

We all have a limited amount of money to spend.

Entertainment is expensive - you can pay £15 to watch Bath rugby with no seating, no cover and no facilities.

Having said that they are in the top flight division.

A couple of pints in my local will cost you a fiver.

However, if you go to AG with a partner and / or kids and add on the cost of getting there etc. it is a lot of money for 90 minutes entertainment ( even if you get it ).

I think that gate prices should be like hiring videos.

At season start make them average.

If we perform badly cut the prices - like a poor video.

If we are in the top six put them up a bit - like a top notch video.

Value for money is all and last season the pay at the gate people didn't get it.

The club cannot exist on season tickets alone so they should be a bit more inventive / flexible / fair.

Yeah quite right; start by openning the EAST END TO ALL :D:dance::dance::dance:

Just out of interest i thought i would look at some of the premierships lowest price ticket available.

These are the one's that i could find.

Man u £23

liverpool £30 and thats in the Kop.

Chelsea £40

villa £32

Blackburn £27

Everton £28

Fulham £25

Newcastle £27 but you can pay £22 for one row.

Reading £28

Sheff utd could only find out its £72 for the first 3 games which are against liverpool blackburn and reading Which works out £24

spurs £32

West ham £32

wigan £25

Just out of interest i thought i would look at some of the premierships lowest price ticket available.

These are the one's that i could find.

Man u £23

liverpool £30 and thats in the Kop.

Chelsea £40

villa £32

Blackburn £27

Everton £28

Fulham £25

Newcastle £27 but you can pay £22 for one row.

Reading £28

Sheff utd could only find out its £72 for the first 3 games which are against liverpool blackburn and reading Which works out £24

spurs £32

West ham £32

wigan £25

But you are not comparing like for like.

£23 is the price of a seat in the Williams and some blocks of the Dolman (I believe the POD price for the centre of the Dolman is £24). A better comprison would be between the Premiership's highest prices and City's highest price.

But you are not comparing like for like.

£23 is the price of a seat in the Williams and some blocks of the Dolman (I believe the POD price for the centre of the Dolman is £24). A better comprison would be between the Premiership's highest prices and City's highest price.

Worth noting that some of those prices are only theoretical anyway because the blocks are at capacity from season ticket holders and the club therefore never sell matchday tickets in them. ManUre are going to sell 48-51,000 season tickets this year.

Archived