IGNORED

Brooker, Orr, Brown And Parto Plead Guilty.

bh_red

Red Goblin,

I am sure you are a very nice man, but you really are on the wrong planet !

The Great Goblin has been entertaining us for many years with his fairly obsessive take on the monarchy and the British Class system. As a fellow republican (though a considerably more moderate one) I salute him, and send greetings to him up there on planet Tharg.

:D

The Great Goblin has been entertaining us for many years with his fairly obsessive take on the monarchy and the British Class system. As a fellow republican (though a considerably more moderate one) I salute him, and send greetings to him up there on planet Tharg.

Likewise Sir, I salute your entertaining posts, informed viewpoints and literary skills. :farmer: I'm not actually on planet Tharg though :D I'm at home in the Goblin grotto with Mrs Goblin and the mini Goblin is out somewhere playing football with some elves, trolls and other assorted sprites. :w00t:

Up the City

English and Republican :englandsmile4wf:

till people have seen the cctv we should all reserve judgement.

we'll agree to disagree on this.

but do you feel brooker, orr, brown and partridge should be sacked then?.

* on the cctv point - Of course I realise footballers sometimes get in spots because of who they are, etc - but 4 people just pleaded guilty. Means they were wrong, and broke the law due to thuggish acts. You can queue up the excuses for them because of who they are (or who they play for..!) - but 4 people saying "guilty" can't be ignored.

* for the "romeos is the OK Coral" point - makes them stupid as well as thuggish is that's really the case (my opinion - we'll definitely disagree on that one I think!).

* for the 'do you think they should be sacked?" question - no, not quite. Affray isnt serious enough for that, and they were not training the next day. Anything above ABH and I'd say yes - whilst what they do on their night off isnt our business, they still do have *some* responsibility to act as ambassadors to the club (considering how much we pay them, and how many kids look up to them..) and GBH and above, or getting hammered on a school night would be stepping over the line, in my opinion

so i'll cheer when they score, when they play well, etc. But as individuals - I see 4 blokes guilty of brawling, and i'll only change my opinion of them being thugs when someone proves they arent. And they pleaded guilty, so it wont be a court!

* for the "romeos is the OK Coral" point - makes them stupid as well as thuggish is that's really the case (my opinion - we'll definitely disagree on that one I think!).

But as individuals - I see 4 blokes guilty of brawling, and i'll only change my opinion of them being thugs when someone proves they arent. And they pleaded guilty, so it wont be a court!

Some slightly edited biblical text for the benefit of maidenheadred and all the others that criticize the 4 BCFC players currently up in court and at the mercy of the royalist courthouse.............

"Let maidenheadred and the others, who are 'obviously' without sin cast the first stones." :shifty:

"Do not tear your brother down, but rather build him up." :dance:

"Cheer your players, for they are chosen by Gary Johnson." :shifty:

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." :whistle:

* on the cctv point - Of course I realise footballers sometimes get in spots because of who they are, etc - but 4 people just pleaded guilty. Means they were wrong, and broke the law due to thuggish acts. You can queue up the excuses for them because of who they are (or who they play for..!) - but 4 people saying "guilty" can't be ignored.

* for the 'do you think they should be sacked?" question - no, not quite. Affray isnt serious enough for that, and they were not training the next day. Anything above ABH and I'd say yes - whilst what they do on their night off isnt our business, they still do have *some* responsibility to act as ambassadors to the club (considering how much we pay them, and how many kids look up to them..) and GBH and above, or getting hammered on a school night would be stepping over the line, in my opinion

so i'll cheer when they score, when they play well, etc. But as individuals - I see 4 blokes guilty of brawling, and i'll only change my opinion of them being thugs when someone proves they arent. And they pleaded guilty, so it wont be a court!

thugs to me are people who bully and beat people up for the sake of it most nights out on the lash every weekend and i've seen a few at it during my work,

but these lads got caught up in a one off punch up that snowballed and they got the balls to say they they were wrong and admit a mistake, and take their punnishment.

thugs would bend over backwards to get out of any wrong doing.

silly of them yes, mabe, but not hardcore thugs.

i respect your opinion but like i said we'll agree to disagree on this.

Some slightly edited biblical text for the benefit of maidenheadred and all the others that criticize the 4 BCFC players currently up in court and at the mercy of the royalist courthouse.............

"Let maidenheadred and the others, who are 'obviously' without sin cast the first stones." :shifty:

"Do not tear your brother down, but rather build him up." :dance:

"Cheer your players, for they are chosen by Gary Johnson." :shifty:

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." :whistle:

.. next time i'm in court for fighting son, you and everyone on here can have a ring-side seat to judge me!

thugs to me are people who bully and beat people up for the sake of it most nights out on the lash every weekend and i've seen a few at it during my work,

but these lads got caught up in a one off punch up that snowballed and they got the balls to say they they were wrong and admit a mistake, and take their punnishment.

thugs would bend over backwards to get out of any wrong doing.

silly of them yes, mabe, but not hardcore thugs.

i respect your opinion but like i said we'll agree to disagree on this.

fair enuff - points taken, and at the end of the season I'll still be legging it onto the pitch to pat Steve Brooker's baldy head when we're promoted as champions!

(and hopefully he wont deck me!)

Everyone slags off Stewart for alledged boozing which is completely unsubstantiated

Brooker can't put a foot wrong 'cos he is a really good player but I bet for the amount of time on the pitch the goals to minutes ratio is comparable to stewart's.

His pre season form despite playing with the second string is pretty good so he's at least worth a place on the bench.

Everyone slags off Stewart for alledged boozing which is completely unsubstantiated

Brooker can't put a foot wrong 'cos he is a really good player but I bet for the amount of time on the pitch the goals to minutes ratio is comparable to stewart's.

His pre season form despite playing with the second string is pretty good so he's at least worth a place on the bench.

Welcome to the forum Marcus.

RG you really should have been born in the 17th C. And you have a handy knack of ignoring questions as well. Who did OC GIVE control to when he decided he no longer wanted to be King ooops sorry Lord Protector?

I agree, I was born about 350 years too late to have witnessed the liberation of Bristol from the royalist tyranny and to have lived as a free citizen of the Republic of England. :D As for your question, Oliver Cromwell died as Lord Protector - he never abdicated, it is argued that his untimely death, did mean that the English Republican Army High command agreed to appoint Richard Cromwell as his successor. I personally would have preferred the rabid anti-royalist General Harrison as successor to Oliver Cromwell. :w00t:

There is probably not a supporter at this club that would not wish Marcus Stewart success in scoring the goals to help take BCFC to our first Championship since 1955 this coming season. I'm sure that if Marcus Stewart continues to do his best to impress Gary Johnson with his work rate and commitment then he'll get his chance again. :farmer:

Archived