IGNORED

Help Needed

GUERNSEY TAFFY RED

Please help me, i'm buying a small fishing boat on Wednesday and need to re-name it. The boat will be repainted red and white and i'm getting a signwriter to put the city crest on the side. However at the moment the boat is named 'Little Stephen' and i want to change the name to a city related one. Any ideas please, best idea will rename the boat and i'll buy the winner all his/her drinks in the Rising Sun prior to kick-off at the QPR game.

The Red Sea

Hooked on City (fishing boat reference)

Follow the City (over land and sea reference)

City on Tour

The Promotion Boat

City Fisherkings

Red Fish

My first suggestion has already been mentioned - "The Red Robin"

How about "The Ashton Great" or something simple like "The Bristol Packet" or you could have "Bristol Cities" with a topless mermaid drinking a pint of Thatchers.

That'll be £29 + vat please!... :D

Guest east_dundry_red
I reckon you should come back for an away game as well as Brendon doesn't sing anymore it's only me pete and dave
And me! I was trying to get the bottom teir going on saturday! Thats how i got a warning for being abusive (not to our own fans)

Guest east_dundry_red
Yeah but Jase we couldn't hear you up in the clouds. Why were you so late getting in anyway
went to the pub for a couple of drinks and it was cheeper on the bottom teir.

how about! "Eastenders" or "only one team in Bristol" or "Tinman is a ######## head" or "red n white side of Bristol" or "Bristol's Red flag" or just simply "BCFC footballs coming home" or "the red red robin"

They took me a long time to think of all those would like to see the boat when finished!

You sure you want to do this?

If you really must rename her, make sure you follow Vigor`s denaming ceremony first.

I have copied it below for you, just in case you`re unfamiliar with it.

"In the name of all who have sailed aboard this ship in the past, and in the name of all who may sail aboard her in the future, we invoke the ancient gods of the wind and the sea to favor us with their blessing today.

"Mighty Neptune, king of all that moves in or on the waves; and mighty Aeolus (pronounced EE-oh-lus), guardian of the winds and all that blows before them:

"We offer you our thanks for the protection you have afforded this vessel in the past. We voice our gratitude that she has always found shelter from tempest and storm and enjoyed safe passage to port.

"Now, wherefore, we submit this supplication, that the name whereby this vessel has hitherto been known (_____), be struck and removed from your records.

"Further, we ask that when she is again presented for blessing with another name, she shall be recognized and shall be accorded once again the selfsame privileges she previously enjoyed.

"In return for which, we rededicate this vessel to your domain in full knowledge that she shall be subject as always to the immutable laws of the gods of the wind and the sea.

"In consequence whereof, and in good faith, we seal this pact with a libation offered according to the hallowed ritual of the sea."

Archived