IGNORED

Team V Huddersfield

Bristol Boy

It gives me no satisfaction to say it I told you so........so I won't but, as GJ said himself "we need more from our wide players" and, as predicted, we kept almost the same team and lost.

I think GJ will stick to 4-4-2 and, depending on just how fit McAllister & Johnson are, I reckon we'll see them both at Huddsfld.We need the quality and our midfield is short of a left sided player and a play maker, so, barring injuries, illness or accidents, enter Johnson & McAllister :D

After Bradford, I reckon GJ will go:

.......................................................BASSO.........................................................................................

ORR....................................CAREY............................FONTAINE...........................................WOODMAN...

MURRAY..............................RUSSELL.........................NOBLE...............................................MCALLISTER.

..........................................BROOKER........................JEVONS................................................................

SUBS

REED

SHOWUMNI

WILLIAMS or SKUSE

JOHNSON

MCCOMBE

After the Bradford game, I would play

..............................................................BASSO....................................................................................

...............................CAREY.....................MCCOMBE....................FONTAINE...........................................

ORR.........................JOHNSON.................RUSSELL......................NOBLE.......................MCALLISTER.......

..............................................BROOKER...................WILLIAMS..............................................................

SUBS

REED

MURRAY

SHOWUMNI

JEVONS

SKUSE

We need pace up front and we only have Cotterill & Williams at the club who can be described as quick.

I'm sincerely glad you're not picking the team then.

Orr isn't a wing back. He is not going to beat people and without protection he's going to get beaten. His crossing is ok sometimes but not good enough for it to be all we have on the right.

Woodman doesn't deserve to be dropped, have you even see McAllister play?!?

Why Russell and Johnson ahead of Skuse?

Williams isn't worth a start yet, he needs to impress from the bench first. Showunmi can also be described as quick. Very quick in fact. Jevons isn't exactly a slouch either. Both should be ahead of Williams.

I'm sincerely glad you're not picking the team then.

That'll be you and GJ.

Orr isn't a wing back.

Played there last night and did OK.

He is not going to beat people and without protection he's going to get beaten.

Actually he did, looked quite good and better the further forward he went.It enables us to dominate, win more ball and takes pressure OFF the defence.

His crossing is ok sometimes but not good enough for it to be all we have on the right.

Whereas we currently pepper the box with quality right wing crosses, don't we :blink:

Woodman doesn't deserve to be dropped, have you even see McAllister play?!?

I've seen him play for Hearts and I know Craig is unlucky but he can't play wing back as well as McCallister.As you can see, I actually think GJ will play McCallister in front of Woody in a 4-4-2.I also trust GJ's judgement in signing McCallister AND I know that, deep down, he think Woody is limited.

Why Russell and Johnson ahead of Skuse?

Williams isn't worth a start yet, he needs to impress from the bench first. Showunmi can also be described as quick. Very quick in fact. Jevons isn't exactly a slouch either. Both should be ahead of Williams.

They were'nt very quick last night.

Bristol Boy you're definitely from the Brian Tinnion school of team selection with that one!

Five changes of personnel and a formation change after only two games :w00t:

Yes thinking about it, you're right.

Let's leave it the same and have three points from three games after Huddsfld.

Keep picking Cotts & Murray wide, no matter how well they play.

Loose out in midfield.........but hey, it's only two games, so let's keep that the same as well.

OK :blink:

How many times did Orr get skinned last night? He played there for 20 minutes against a team with their backs to the wall and you want to start him in that position?

I think having maybe caught one or two Hearts games a while back is not enough to judge a player on so I question why you'd put him in ahead of a player who is not a weak link.

It's hard to show off pace against a team playing deep trying not to concede an equalizer.

Basically you want to screw about with a tried and tested formula that worked well in the second half of last season for very little reason.

How many times did Orr get skinned last night? He played there for 20 minutes against a team with their backs to the wall and you want to start him in that position?

Orr got skinned MORE at the start as our midfield lost out and we played a flat back 4

I think having maybe caught one or two Hearts games a while back is not enough to judge a player on so I question why you'd put him in ahead of a player who is not a weak link.

I've watched him live whilst in Edinburgh and quite a few times on TV.I would describe him as similar to Micky Bell but far more aggressive.

It's hard to show off pace against a team playing deep trying not to concede an equalizer.

On occassions, players had plenty of opportunities and it was evident that they didn't posses the pace to outstrip the defence.

Basically you want to screw about with a tried and tested formula that worked well in the second half of last season for very little reason.

I want to win and, over ninety minutes last night, we didn't create enough or take the opportunities we did create.

GJ has signed two highly paid players from Hearts because HE, thinks we need them.......HE, thinks we need them.Not me.

So, is he screwing around?

Forget all this, "strenghthen the squad," tosh that managers say.We should only sign players who will improve on what we've got.How else do you move forward??

I think it should be

-------------------Basso------------------------

Orr ---------Carey -----Fontaine --Woodman

Cotterill ----------Noble ---------Skuse -----Jevons

--------------Brooker ----Showunmi----------

Bench

McAllister

Reed

Johnson

McCombe

Williams

:ranting: Thanks for telling everyone the Huddersfield score - can you not at least do the same as they do on the news and say 'if you don't want to know the score look away now.' :ranting: As you are so obviously always right I can see no point in me going now :crying:

Or just maybe there is the outside chance that GJ knows a bit more about this football management lark than you eh?

Of the five :w00t: changes you suggest I'd not give up on the Jevons-Brooker or Showumni-Brooker partnerships so quickly, would not give up on a solid back four so quickly, and don't think we have been overrun in midfield for anything other than short passages of play so far so would stick with Skuse-Noble in midfield.

Where I do agree we need a change is in wide midfield. Murray got back on the scoresheet when back to his natural position so would give him another runout on the right so that just gives us the LM problem to solve. Whilst I'd love to see us solve the problem once and for all by signing a left footed winger that isn't going to happen so I guess it is now McAllister's turn to show us what he can do.

The core of this team has shown itself to be better than most over the second half of last season but you want to throw all of that away after just two games? Go and join the 'scapegoat schoolkids' in the corner :disapointed2se:

I want to win and, over ninety minutes last night, we didn't create enough or take the opportunities we did create.

GJ has signed two highly paid players from Hearts because HE, thinks we need them.......HE, thinks we need them.Not me.

So, is he screwing around?

Forget all this, "strenghthen the squad," tosh that managers say.We should only sign players who will improve on what we've got.How else do you move forward??

You don't move forward by making 5 changes to the starting XI and switching formations 2 games in, that's for sure.

Orr got skinned more when Bradford weren't desperately defending a lead, nothing to do with the momentum of the game and everything to do with him moving to wing back? I doubt it very much.

Showunmi demonstrated his pace many times in the pre season. Not against great opposition but you don't suddenly become slower. Pace is more evident when we're breaking not failing to break a team down.

The facts say that we created enough opportunities to win the game (the same number as Bradford). That we didn't take them seems to me to be more the rub of the green and some excellent goalkeeping that anything else.

Of course you should only sign players that make the squad better, but that doesn't mean they could or should walk into the team. Much of our success in the second half of last season was down to mental attitude and dropping players who've done nowt wrong for unproven signings will not help that. Those new players will have to earn their places on the bench and then earn starts with sub appearances, and that is as it should be.

My basic disagreement with your team selection is that you're advocating making drastic, unnecessary changes, early on in a season, with little justification. That's exactly what got us a crap start last year and exactly what GJ will not do even if he has brought players in. You're massively overreacting to an away defeat against one of the better sides in this division that stemmed from 60 seconds of idiocy. It's no reason to go about it like a bull in a china shop.

They were'nt very quick last night.

Yes thinking about it, you're right.

Keep picking Cotts & Murray wide, no matter how well they play.

Loose out in midfield.........but hey, it's only two games, so let's keep that the same as well.

OK :blink:

.... erm, didnt GJ's current midfield have the best form in 2006 for the second half of last season? Making wholesale changes to your obvious first 11 after two games is madness, and fortunately GJ won't be doing it!

Safe, boring, consistency will win us promotion this year. If proven players do not affect the game after say 5 games in a row then yes, we should look to drop them - but we have a good basic first 11, and if it changes it will be through steady evolution, not radical revolution*.

* steady Red Goblin!

You don't move forward by making 5 changes to the starting XI and switching formations 2 games in, that's for sure.

Orr got skinned more when Bradford weren't desperately defending a lead, nothing to do with the momentum of the game and everything to do with him moving to wing back? I doubt it very much.

Showunmi demonstrated his pace many times in the pre season. Not against great opposition but you don't suddenly become slower. Pace is more evident when we're breaking not failing to break a team down.

The facts say that we created enough opportunities to win the game (the same number as Bradford). That we didn't take them seems to me to be more the rub of the green and some excellent goalkeeping that anything else.

Of course you should only sign players that make the squad better, but that doesn't mean they could or should walk into the team. Much of our success in the second half of last season was down to mental attitude and dropping players who've done nowt wrong for unproven signings will not help that. Those new players will have to earn their places on the bench and then earn starts with sub appearances, and that is as it should be.

My basic disagreement with your team selection is that you're advocating making drastic, unnecessary changes, early on in a season, with little justification. That's exactly what got us a crap start last year and exactly what GJ will not do even if he has brought players in. You're massively overreacting to an away defeat against one of the better sides in this division that stemmed from 60 seconds of idiocy. It's no reason to go about it like a bull in a china shop.

Nibor - i remember spending a lot of last season disagreeing with you, and now you've gone and written something i believe in 100%. Wos going on!?

I think it should be

-------------------Basso------------------------

Orr ---------Carey -----Fontaine --Woodman

Cotterill ----------Noble ---------Skuse -----Jevons

--------------Brooker ----Showunmi----------

Bench

McAllister

Reed

Johnson

McCombe

Williams

Id have Murrey to start and drop Cotts to the bench! Jevo would be a better striker than winger also.

.....if I need advice, then I'm more than happy to take it from any quarter.

Suggest you take some then, as from your team selection, it looks like you need it!

Just becuase you right match reports doesnt make you right.

I use to enjoy your reports, but of late they have deteriorated!!!

I don't believe there is any way GJ will want to change the system, The whole pre-season will have been built around playing 4-4-2 so there is no way he is going to change it yet. That would be crazy. I do think we need a change in midfield, I personally like to see balance throughout the team with left footed players on the left etc but it is clear that GJ is not concerned by it and as yet has no reason to be, we played very well towards the end of last season with right footed players on both flanks but in the end I think you get found out.

I do agree with Bristol Boy in that there is no way GJ has signed McAllister and Johnson to simply improve the squad, For starters they will I'm sure, Have both had other options and have already spent last season on the bench so I don't expect it to happen again. I personally think he will get them in at the earliest oppertunity.

I have been slightly dissapointed with Johnsons selection of subs and see no reason not to include Jennison Williams, Last night we had McCombe, Russell, Jevons and Brown. I cant work out why Brown and Russell both need to be there......Williams would offer something different with his electrifying pace and when your 2-1 down with 20 minutes to go I know Id rather have him coming on to liven things up.

:ranting: Thanks for telling everyone the Huddersfield score - can you not at least do the same as they do on the news and say 'if you don't want to know the score look away now.' :ranting: As you are so obviously always right I can see no point in me going now :crying:

Tell the truth, you weren't going anyway :D

Or just maybe there is the outside chance that GJ knows a bit more about this football management lark than you eh?

Membership card for the Blind Faith Possee is in the post.Maybe there's just a chance that GJ's signed two players because he thinks they're better than what we have, offer more tactical options etc.Ever thought of that.

Of the five :w00t: changes you suggest I'd not give up on the Jevons-Brooker or Showumni-Brooker partnerships so quickly, would not give up on a solid back four so quickly, and don't think we have been overrun in midfield for anything other than short passages of play so far so would stick with Skuse-Noble in midfield.

All of the second half against S****horpe and most of the first half against Bradford.......oh and some of the second half against Bradford.

Where I do agree we need a change is in wide midfield. Murray got back on the scoresheet when back to his natural position so would give him another runout on the right so that just gives us the LM problem to solve. Whilst I'd love to see us solve the problem once and for all by signing a left footed winger that isn't going to happen so I guess it is now McAllister's turn to show us what he can do.

McCallister WAS signed to play there.

The core of this team has shown itself to be better than most over the second half of last season but you want to throw all of that away after just two games? Go and join the 'scapegoat schoolkids' in the corner :disapointed2se:

OK, make sure that you register with the BFP.

I don't believe there is any way GJ will want to change the system, The whole pre-season will have been built around playing 4-4-2 so there is no way he is going to change it yet. That would be crazy. I do think we need a change in midfield, I personally like to see balance throughout the team with left footed players on the left etc but it is clear that GJ is not concerned by it and as yet has no reason to be, we played very well towards the end of last season with right footed players on both flanks but in the end I think you get found out.

Wilkshire was more suited to the role but he's gone.Scott Brown works hard but has little natural aptitude for the role long term.Murray got some goals from there until he got sussed....then injured at Rotherham.

I do agree with Bristol Boy in that there is no way GJ has signed McAllister and Johnson to simply improve the squad, For starters they will I'm sure, Have both had other options and have already spent last season on the bench so I don't expect it to happen again. I personally think he will get them in at the earliest oppertunity.

I have been slightly dissapointed with Johnsons selection of subs and see no reason not to include Jennison Williams, Last night we had McCombe, Russell, Jevons and Brown. I cant work out why Brown and Russell both need to be there......Williams would offer something different with his electrifying pace and when your 2-1 down with 20 minutes to go I know Id rather have him coming on to liven things up.

Williams is injured at present.Nothing to serious. :D

Thanks for a sensible debate.

It gives me no satisfaction to say it I told you so........so I won't but, as GJ said himself "we need more from our wide players" and, as predicted, we kept almost the same team and lost.

I think GJ will stick to 4-4-2 and, depending on just how fit McAllister & Johnson are, I reckon we'll see them both at Huddsfld.We need the quality and our midfield is short of a left sided player and a play maker, so, barring injuries, illness or accidents, enter Johnson & McAllister :D

.......................................................BASSO.........................................................................................

ORR....................................CAREY............................FONTAINE...........................................WOODMAN...

MURRAY..............................RUSSELL.........................NOBLE...............................................MCALLISTER.

..........................................BROOKER........................JEVONS................................................................

SUBS

REED

SHOWUMNI

WILLIAMS or SKUSE

JOHNSON

MCCOMBE

..............................................................BASSO....................................................................................

...............................CAREY.....................MCCOMBE....................FONTAINE...........................................

ORR.........................JOHNSON.................RUSSELL......................NOBLE.......................MCALLISTER.......

..............................................BROOKER...................WILLIAMS..............................................................

SUBS

REED

MURRAY

SHOWUMNI

JEVONS

SKUSE

We need pace up front and we only have Cotterill & Williams at the club who can be described as quick.

I think he will go with the same squad and we will end up with 3 ( or at best 4 ) from 9 - hardly the start I hoped for.

No wingers really as has been posted - Murray past his SBD, Cotts better in centre, Orr & Woodie and even McA not really suited to that role.

With PJ and Brooks being no quickies need pace out wide to provide !

BB, why do you insist on changing things? We beat s****horpe and lost to bradford. But we would have won if it wasnt for a silly 2 minutes and incompetent ref! We made a number of chances last night, and that was shown by their keeper being MOM. Bar the minute of madness we looked very strong at the back and cant really understand why you would change that.

Last seasons problem was that we kept changing things around, and it cost us big time. Give the strikeforce a cahnce who ever it may be. Its not easy to form a partnership after 2 games.

Give it time BB!

:city:

Membership card for the Blind Faith Possee is in the post.

OK, make sure that you register with the BFP.

Thanks for a sensible debate. But do I need to register or have you already signed me up?

I've said elsewhere that I believe that both McAllister and Johnson are likely to be good additions to the squad, and I'd add that I wouldn't like to guess on their positions in the team later in the season as they may both become fixtures in the side. I also said I'd have McAllister in the side in the next game so maybe I have considered that they might be better than what we have. :dunno:

What you have proposed is making five :w00t: changes to the team in one game which, IMO, is too drastic and would do more harm than good. As for being dominated in midfield for 90+ minutes in the last two games I think you'll find that we have not been on the ropes in either of those two games, the two goals we conceded last night came from switching off at a set piece and conceding possession in a dangerous position from the kickoff. Not outplayed or dominated for either of them. Whereas we genuinely did dominate the first 45 against S****horpe.

What makes you think that your five change team is so much better? Maybe playing a three man defence for the first time away against one of the favorites for promotion might be considered risky? When was the last time we went to 3-5-2 in a kneejerk reaction? Did I hear you say Swansea? The time before that? Did I hear Luton?

Maybe four full debuts might make the team play like a bunch of strangers? Maybe playing Williams ahead of Jevons is akin to playing Andrew ahead of Stewart away at Barnsley? You know how much you enjoyed that one...

I'd rather be a fully paid up member of the BFP than be in SSC :handbags:

BB, why do you insist on changing things? We beat s****horpe and lost to bradford. But we would have won if it wasnt for a silly 2 minutes and incompetent ref! We made a number of chances last night, and that was shown by their keeper being MOM. Bar the minute of madness we looked very strong at the back and cant really understand why you would change that.

Last seasons problem was that we kept changing things around, and it cost us big time. Give the strikeforce a cahnce who ever it may be. Its not easy to form a partnership after 2 games.

Give it time BB!

:city:

You may be right, however, you must consider that GJ has signed seven new players and he'll want to include more of them at some juncture.

I disagree that it was only a mad few minutes last night.

After scoring, we started to loose out in midfield, Bradford forced numerous corners and Basso made a great save at the feet of a striker only 8 yards out.

Overall I'd give us the first ten minutes of the first half and Bradford most of the rest.

We had to many players not doing it-Cotterill-Murray & Skuse to name three.

That invited pressure and Bradford cashed in.

In the second half we came back after a wobbly start but our pressure was asa result of whooshinf it forward and our players aren't 6'6" whoosh merchants-That and some decent goal keeping and defending kept us out.

If we're not panicing what would you call four formations in one game?

Time to take stock and think.

How do you know what Gj's team will be? :dunno:

Educated guess! :D

I've said elsewhere that I believe that both McAllister and Johnson are likely to be good additions to the squad, and I'd add that I wouldn't like to guess on their positions in the team later in the season as they may both become fixtures in the side. I also said I'd have McAllister in the side in the next game so maybe I have considered that they might be better than what we have. :dunno:

Dead simple.They left Hearts because they didn't want to sit on the bench.They ain't going to be happy to sit on the bench here, especially if we're losing.

What you have proposed is making five :w00t: changes to the team in one game which, IMO, is too drastic and would do more harm than good. As for being dominated in midfield for 90+ minutes in the last two games I think you'll find that we have not been on the ropes in either of those two games,

After being completly outplayed in the first half, S****horpe acheived 60% of possesion over 90 minutes.If they didn't dominate the second half, how did they manage that :dunno: .We could easily have drawn that game when we should have been home and dry by half time.

the two goals we conceded last night came from switching off at a set piece and conceding possession in a dangerous position from the kickoff. Not outplayed or dominated for either of them. Whereas we genuinely did dominate the first 45 against S****horpe.

I would give Bradford all of the first half bar about te minutes.We dominated the last 20 minutes of the second but only by whooshing it forward.No guile or creativety and little pace.

What makes you think that your five change team is so much better? Maybe playing a three man defence for the first time away against one of the favorites for promotion might be considered risky? When was the last time we went to 3-5-2 in a kneejerk reaction? Did I hear you say Swansea? The time before that? Did I hear Luton?

It's about the players and commitment.In the above games we sadly lacked both.

Maybe four full debuts might make the team play like a bunch of strangers? Maybe playing Williams ahead of Jevons is akin to playing Andrew ahead of Stewart away at Barnsley? You know how much you enjoyed that one...

I'd rather be a fully paid up member of the BFP than be in SSC :handbags:

I still reckon that an unchanged team at Huddsfld and it'll be three points from three games.....then the pressure will be on.

We can't carry any passengers and we had at least three over the ninety minutes at Bradford in Murray (Subbed) Cotterill (Subbed at HT) & Skuse (Subbed)

Murray was subbed for a centre back when we were looking for goals!!!

Who was subbed against S****horpe?

Murray, Cotterill, Jevons.

Common denominator?

Someone of these posts are far too long for me to bother reading but my team for Saturday would be:

Basso

Orr---Carey---Fontaine---Woodman

Cotts/Murray---Noble---Skuse---McAllister

Brooker---Jevons

I still cant decide on a right midfielder because neither seem to stand out . We need more balance on the left and although i have never seen McAllister play i think he should play on the left. Showumni played well last night but i thought that when Jevons came on he showed some really nice touches and wanted to play the ball on the ground.

There is no need to change the back four because apart from 1 minute of madness they looked very solid.

You may be right, however, you must consider that GJ has signed seven new players and he'll want to include more of them at some juncture.

I disagree that it was only a mad few minutes last night.

After scoring, we started to loose out in midfield, Bradford forced numerous corners and Basso made a great save at the feet of a striker only 8 yards out.

Overall I'd give us the first ten minutes of the first half and Bradford most of the rest.

We had to many players not doing it-Cotterill-Murray & Skuse to name three.

That invited pressure and Bradford cashed in.

In the second half we came back after a wobbly start but our pressure was asa result of whooshinf it forward and our players aren't 6'6" whoosh merchants-That and some decent goal keeping and defending kept us out.

If we're not panicing what would you call four formations in one game?

Time to take stock and think.

Educated guess! :D

Just watched a video of the game and you are wrong - it was the first 15 minutes not 10 !

Other than that I agree with everything you say !

SUBS

REED

SHOWUMNI

WILLIAMS or SKUSE

JOHNSON

MCCOMBE

SUBS

REED

MURRAY

SHOWUMNI

JEVONS

SKUSE

So your saying drop Woodman, who has been as good as anyone so far, completely from the 16 as well as our hottest prospect from the academy in Cotterill but yet keep Scott Murray a player you yourself have slagged out numerously above. Your logic is deluded.

I do agree that a 3-5-2 could work as Skuse has looked a little bit quiet in midfield and needs help therefore my side would be:

COTTERILL.................JOHNSON.................SKUSE......................NOBLE.......................WOODMAN.......

..............................................BROOKER...................JEVONS..............................................................

Subs

Reed

McAllister

Orr

Brown

Showunmi

Although to be honest the 4-4-2 suits our defense much better, which don't forget apart from 20 seconds last night has been outstanding over two games.

I still reckon that an unchanged team at Huddsfld and it'll be three points from three games.....then the pressure will be on.

We can't carry any passengers and we had at least three over the ninety minutes at Bradford in Murray (Subbed) Cotterill (Subbed at HT) & Skuse (Subbed)

Common denominator?

Does seem odd to take off a forward ( even an under performing one ) and bring on a centre back when you are 2 - 1 down.

But GJ's substitutions have always been weird to me - which is not to say they are bad - just incomprehensible !

Dead simple.They left Hearts because they didn't want to sit on the bench.They ain't going to be happy to sit on the bench here, especially if we're losing.

But that is not the debate. They will get a chance to nail down a place I'm sure. But they should not both get it, along with 3 other players, in our next game.

After being completly outplayed in the first half, S****horpe acheived 60% of possesion over 90 minutes.If they didn't dominate the second half, how did they manage that .We could easily have drawn that game when we should have been home and dry by half time.

Dominating possession is different from dominating midfield. S****horpe's GK dominated possession until we scored by keeping the ball for 5 mins every time he got it. S****horpe had six shots (four off target) and only two corners, hardly the result of playing us off the park.

I would give Bradford all of the first half bar about te minutes.

But that is to be expected when you take the lead after two minutes away from home against a good side. We still had the best chance of that period with Brooker's chance cleared off of the line.

We dominated the last 20 minutes of the second but only by whooshing it forward.No guile or creativety and little pace.

Would agree with that. But guile is difficult against 10 behind the ball and pace is not the most valuable attribute when we are camped in the opposition half with their defensive line 10 yards from their goalkeeper. Sometimes it has to be a case of forcing a mistake out of them. Again the two Noble chances and the Woodman miss were created in that spell so it can't have been too bad.

And how different is that side to the one you are proposing. Jevons vs Johnson for the front of the midfield, Showumni vs Williams up front and McAllister vs Woodman on the left.

And I still reckon that 5 changes and a switch to 3-5-2 would be more disastrous, the pressure would be on and we would be seen to have panicked. It is a tough game and if offered a point now I'd take it.

What are you implying? If I didn't know better I'd think you were suggesting it was mad to switch to 3-5-2?

Common denominator?

Yes we've had a poor start from the wide midfielders. Doesn't mean 4-4-2 doesn't work. Murray is better on the right than the left so play him there and bring in a lefty on the left. One change - keep it simple.

No way should Woodman be dropped, playing excellent defensively, rarely gives the ball away, distribution excellent, and also gets forward with quality crosses - for example for last nights goal.

Carey and Fontaine look immense together, and nearly everyone agrees Orr is a revelation as a RB in a back four. Our 2 league games this season, and the last 2 friendlies against proper teams (Southampton and Shrewsbury) , the only goals conceded have been an error by Basso, an unfortunate refereeing decision and yet another poor decision by Cotterill (see below). So no way should that back four be messed around with, and thankfully I don't think Johnson will do so.

Coterrill needs to be given a rest until he is able to know when to take players on (in the opposition half) and when not to (within 10 yards of our penalty area).

Johnson wont drop Skuse, he rates him highly, and rightly so.

Brooker has not been that effective for me, and Jevons looks a bit light weight.

This is what I think Johnson will do, and if so, I agree with:

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine Woodman

Murray Skuse Noble McCallister

Brooker Showumni

SUBS (5 out of the following 6)

Williams (if fit - and will come on)

McCoombe

Brown/Johnson/Rusell (2 out of those 3)

Jevons

GK

I also hope Jonners gives up the wierd policy of bringing on McCombe for a forward and reshuffling the defence with Woodman moving forward - Woodie gives us just as much going forward from LB as he does at left midfield, so I don't know what that is trying to achieve.

Archived