IGNORED

Team V Huddersfield

Bristol Boy

They certainly don't use OPTA stats, they cost a fortune. Not clutching at straws in the least, I remarked last season as did others how much bull those particular possession stats are, seems it hasn't improved.

Other clear cut chances: Woodman's half volley from 8 yards, Showunmi hitting it over from just inside the box. Add to that the two good long range efforts that were saved by excellent goalkeeping and plenty of balls into the box late on and there's more than enough to win most games.

I wasn't talking about switching formations, I was talking about where you said "So let me see if I've got this. You're expecting 3rd Division players to change their game from one week to the next depending of whether Brookers fit or not??" in this thread where you argue strongly that we need a targetman, something you now seem to be against... bit of a contradiction for a veritable football oracle eh?

Brooker was successful next to Lita because they complemented each other, same as next to McPhee, one strong powerful forward and one nippy striker creating space with runs and feeding off hold up play and flick ons. It's no coincidence that he scored the most goals with those two players, no matter how many times you've spoken to him.

The substitutions don't reflect that the formation doesn't suit our best XI at all, they reflect the manager trying to influence a game, once hanging on to a lead and once trying to break down a team that were hanging on to one. It's bloody obvious.

352 will only work with two excellent wing backs. We might have one in McAllister, we don't have one on the right.

Bottom line is, you're suggesting making massive changes to both the starting XI and the formation on the strength of us winning one game and losing one away to a strong side who were lucky to exploit two mistakes. It's a crap idea and one thankfully the manager will not have.

The new players will have to work their way into the team and compete to stay there as it should be, whether they're going to be happy to sit on the bench is irrelevant.

The new players will have to work their way into the team and compete to stay there as it should be, whether they're going to be happy to sit on the bench is irrelevant.

..........and as for Bristol Boy's opinion concerning all tatical matters in our Club, let him continue - ciber world,joker.

Utter load of bollocks.

Sometimes, BB must think the entire Bristol City-supporting public is against him.

The lone voice of reason and sense in a world of idiots.

The fascinating thing - from a sociological (?) perspective - is that BB's views generate more debate and dare I say pent up anger on here than the teams performances!

Still, BB, you know what Oscar Wilde said...........

-------------------------------------------------Basso------------------------------------------------------------

Orr-------------------------Carey------------------------Fontaine................................Woodman

-----------------------------------------------Skuse---------------------------------------------------------------

-----------Coterill---------------------------------------------------------------Showumni------------------

-----------------------------------------------Noble------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------Brooker----------------Jevons---------------------------------------------------

Archived