IGNORED

The Scott Brown Issue

Godzilla

Fine

Of course, you all know better..

I will gladly meet any of you and inform you where I got this stat from.

It's got nothing to do with knowing better, I just can't see how 9 can be correct. I've watched nearly all the games he's played in and I can remember him having a hand in 3 possibly 4 goals, and winning a penalty. I don't know why it's a big secret and why you can't explain how you arrived at 9 assists.

I've got nothing against Scott Brown, I like his energy and enthusiasm and I think he's a decent player. But I don't think we've really got problems in central midfield and I don't think he's better than what we're playing there at the moment because he gets caught in front of the ball a lot. I reckon some people over estimate his ability because they like to see him go in hard. You think different, fair enough.

It's got nothing to do with knowing better, I just can't see how 9 can be correct. I've watched nearly all the games he's played in and I can remember him having a hand in 3 possibly 4 goals, and winning a penalty. I don't know why it's a big secret and why you can't explain how you arrived at 9 assists.

I've got nothing against Scott Brown, I like his energy and enthusiasm and I think he's a decent player. But I don't think we've really got problems in central midfield and I don't think he's better than what we're playing there at the moment because he gets caught in front of the ball a lot. I reckon some people over estimate his ability because they like to see him go in hard. You think different, fair enough.

to be fair skuse is a bit over rated to :farmer:

i don't feel his best position is center midfield.

like i said we'll agree to disagree on this subject all i'll say is

john ward can see it in browner :farmer: and i bet they could well

finnish higher up the league than us.. hope not, but we are bristol city

it never goes to plan here.

So your saying if Nobel had pinged the ball straight through using "vision" to Brooker and got the assist then this as well is not important?

My point which as you missed as well, was to make the assist you not only have to have some sort of skill but you also need "vision" to be able to see the pass as well as make it.

I think what he is trying to say is, assists are important if any player apart from Brown makes them.

then replace murray with brown as murray is not playing well but skuse has done well solid in tackles and not caught out of position no need to make to many SOUTHEND AND COLCHESTER HAD WORST STARTS THAN US LOOK WHERE THEY FINISHED :rolleyes:

then replace murray with brown as murray is not playing well but skuse has done well solid in tackles and not caught out of position no need to make to many SOUTHEND AND COLCHESTER HAD WORST STARTS THAN US LOOK WHERE THEY FINISHED :rolleyes:

Ok fair enough, i don't care where he plays just belive that he will add something to this team at the moment and at lease deserves a chance to play :rolleyes:

Fine

Of course, you all know better..

I will gladly meet any of you and inform you where I got this stat from.

Why do you need someone to tell you how many assists Scott Brown got last season?

Why not check for yourself on the official site, an assists count is not secret information - it's there for everyone to see in the match reports.

Scott Brown could have told you he got 9 assists last season, that still doesn't make it a fact. If someone told you the world was square would you believe them?

... 67 replies means i've come into this very late, but for what it's worth I agree with the first post above 10000%.

Easy to eulogise a 'fans favorite' reserve when the first team arent doing too well*, but Scott Brown just isnt a top-of-league-one standard player in the centre of the field. He's shown himself to be a fairly useful winger, but in the middle, i've never seen him "affect the game". Goes missing, never in the right place at the right time (despite all his running around).

Stick with Noble, Skuse, Murray - with other place up for grabs between Johnson, McCalister and Coterill I say (excuse spellings..). JJ may be a central mid by trade, but he's going to have to do a lot to usurp Cole this early on.

*although two narrow defeats away from two places we have no right to demand a 3 points from is no way enough to ring any alarm bells!

lost 4-2 against a relegation tipped side at home :pinch:

do you still think our midfield is good enough??? skuse and johnson jrn :dunno:

still need a battler in midfield we again were out bossed in the middle.

Archived