IGNORED

The Scott Brown Issue

Godzilla

(2) If Noble plays the visionary pass to Brown who taps it to Brooker who taps it in then both Brown and Brooker did the easy bit.

And Brown would have got the assist! Thats why assist stats are no so important.

Me.

I'm sure if you do some research you will find the information.

I assure you this is correct.

Show us how you got the stats.That way they'll have some credibilty.

Me.

I'm sure if you do some research you will find the information.

I assure you this is correct.

Since you've done the research can't you just tell me where you got it? I'm interested cos I've not seen anywhere on the net at least that shows assists stats and I like to waste the working hours by looking up obscure things.

Since you've done the research can't you just tell me where you got it? I'm interested cos I've not seen anywhere on the net at least that shows assists stats and I like to waste the working hours by looking up obscure things.

I was informed of this information by someone. I trust they should know.

The Swindon WellRed had him on 8, I don't know where the 9th comes from. And I don't know who judged the assists for the program either...

:dunno:

Whenever he plays alonside Skuse he's the one who stands out and stands up. He may go missing for parts of games, but it's better than for weeks ala Skuse. Is Skuse, who doesn't score goals or create much, immune to criticism simply becasue he's a product of our academy?

I like Scott Brown, i think he's currently better than Skuse. Is he the definative answer to our midfield problems? No.

So what is? Well GJ seems to think it's Noble and Johnson. We don't need a holding player in our system but we do need up and downers. Brown fits the albeit 3/4 choice role but does Skuse?

If there is a Scott Brown luv thing going on, it's simply because he's a good player who's not playing and we've lost two games. It's different to the cries for Clist/Hulbert/Danny Wilson/Me/Anyone who can kick a ball two yards when Burnell was in the team and we were dull as.

So you have no hard evidence that Brown topped the 'assist' stats last season?

Hmmm.. :shifty:

I have hard evidence, just its my choice not to share it with you.

This is my choice. The stats are correct. You may write and ask the club if you wish. Please do. don't try and undermine this fact.

There is no need, its correct.

I have hard evidence, just I choice not to share it with you.

This is my choice. The stats are correct. You may right and ask the club if you wish. Please do. don't try and undermine this fact.

There is no need, its correct.

did you ever catch the person who gave you a slap outside the supporters club last season?

I'm not sure anyone will get in trouble for leaking the Scott Brown assist stat....

Right I've checked the last 23 games of last season (back as far as Rothy home 3-1 win) and according to the official match reports Scott Brown has zero assists.

Russell, Woodman, Orr and Murray all have 3+

So Brown must have got 9 assists in the first half of the season, but none after that. Fascinating if true, but I'm losing faith in your mystery source.

I just checked the final 7 games of the season in which Brown started most, and he did not make one assist or score a goal. FACT :dance:

Someone else can check the rest but I'd be very suprised if Brown was leading assist player on 9.

What is it with the use of the word FACT on here that it nearly always means FICTION?

Brown will be credited with an assist for winning the penalty against Oldham in that run of games.

Others I'm aware of include:

2 vs Port Vale(h)

2 vs Brentford(a)

1 vs Barnsley(h)

Can't find the others though...

Whenever he plays alonside Skuse he's the one who stands out and stands up. He may go missing for parts of games, but it's better than for weeks ala Skuse. Is Skuse, who doesn't score goals or create much, immune to criticism simply becasue he's a product of our academy?

I like Scott Brown, i think he's currently better than Skuse. Is he the definative answer to our midfield problems? No.

So what is? Well GJ seems to think it's Noble and Johnson. We don't need a holding player in our system but we do need up and downers. Brown fits the albeit 3/4 choice role but does Skuse?

If there is a Scott Brown luv thing going on, it's simply because he's a good player who's not playing and we've lost two games. It's different to the cries for Clist/Hulbert/Danny Wilson/Me/Anyone who can kick a ball two yards when Burnell was in the team and we were dull as.

Burnell suffered from the same problem that Bradley Orr had in midfield. I just think no-one thought of moving him to RB, where i am sure he could do a job.

However, thats another (and probably pointless) debate.

What is it with the use of the word FACT on here that it nearly always means FICTION?

Brown will be credited with an assist for winning the penalty against Oldham in that run of games.

Why, the penalty was for handball? Brown gets an assist for kicking the ball at an opposition players hand??!!

Slightly tenous methinks.

So all Brown assists were in about the first 10 games of the season when we were coincidentally playing complete shit.

Burnell suffered from the same problem that Bradley Orr had in midfield. I just think no-one thought of moving him to RB, where i am sure he could do a job.

However, thats another (and probably pointless) debate.

Joe was rubbish at right back where he started and broke into the team. He got shifted to a better position for him, right centre back of a three then to midfield.

Then to my favourite position for him.

Wycombe.

Why, the penalty was for handball? Brown gets an assist for kicking the ball at an opposition players hand??!!

Slightly tenous methinks.

As tenuous as winning the frekick at Brentford, but it's the only way he'll get to 8 assists ;)

So all Brown assists were in about the first 10 games of the season when we were coincidentally playing complete shit.

That about sums it up - I remember him leading the assists table from a very early stage in the season. It finished 8 for Brown, then Cotterill, Murray, Russell and Wilkshire all ended up with 7.

Murray, Cotterill, Wilkshire and Russell scored 27 goals between them. Scott 'sharp shooter' Brown got 1. (1 less than Cole 'what does he ever do?' Skuse).

Source - BCFC WellRed.

As tenuous as winning the frekick at Brentford, but it's the only way he'll get to 8 assists ;)

That about sums it up - I remember him leading the assists table from a very early stage in the season. It finished 8 for Brown, then Cotterill, Murray, Russell and Wilkshire all ended up with 7.

Murray, Cotterill, Wilkshire and Russell scored 27 goals between them. Scott 'sharp shooter' Brown got 1. (1 less than Cole 'what does he ever do?' Skuse).

Source - BCFC WellRed.

Bloody hell, well I don't count winning a free-kick or kicking the ball against someone's arm as an assist for a goal. That's tenous and ludacris to be honest.

I'll therefore credit Scott Brown with 6 assists last season, and frankly that's a lot more than I thought he'd got....but then I have kind of blocked out Tinnion's reign at the club :disapointed2se:

Bloody hell, well I don't count winning a free-kick or kicking the ball against someone's arm as an assist for a goal. That's tenous and ludacris to be honest.

Which is a much better argument than the one Robbored had against assist stats. What is and isn't an assist is always subject to debate.

I'll therefore credit Scott Brown with 6 assists last season, and frankly that's a lot more than I thought he'd got....but then I have kind of blocked out Tinnion's reign at the club :disapointed2se:

well if you block out the Tinnion reign you can probably get his assists down to 3 or 4 :dance:

Also 'assist' stats don't actually mean that much - after all the final ball would have to have been played to the passer in the first place.

Absolute rubbish. Are you saying that if it Brown wasn't playing and Savage was then Savage would be the man getting the assist? No I don't think so.

You have to have the ability to 1. See the pass and 2. execute it.

Assists mean a hell of a lot in football. Without them, you won't score any goals.

A major reason Van Nistelroy went off the boil at Man U was Beckham leaving for Real. Ronaldo simply couldn't provide the raking crosses for Ruud that Beckham once did.

Assist makers can make a team great.

You sir are very wrong doubting the importance of assists.

Life-long City fan Cole Skuse Vs Scott (massive Everton tattoo on arm) Brown :whistle:

don't mean a thing, the life long city fan stewart ain't doing it for city vs the Newport Pagnell born brooker

tattoo or no tattoo, colin cramb is scottish but has a city tatto a tatto, sorry it don't mean sod all

when playing your football.

reading the stat chat on here is crazy, what about browners assist to the assister and the

and the perfect assists that bas savage superbly messed up???

this thread is getting away from the real issue of that we do have a midfield and width problem

and turned in to a fans favourite player hand bag fight :yawn:

don't mean a thing, the life long city fan stewart ain't doing it for city vs the Newport Pagnell born brooker

tattoo or no tatto, colin cramb is scottish but has a city tatto a tatto don't mean sod all.

reading the stat chat on here is crazy, what about browners assist to the assister and the

and the perfect assists that bas savage superbly messed up???

this thread is getting away from the real issue of that we do have a midfield and width problem

and turned in to a fans favourite player hand bag fight :yawn:

Oliver Cromwell was from East Anglia and Thomas Fairfax was from Yorkshire - in the September of 1645 they were the men to liberate Bristol from the terrible Royalist tyranny.

Likewise, Scott Brown is a Scouser and Stevie Brooker is from Newport Pagnell and they in turn will liberate Bristol City FC from this poxy division and propel us to the Championship given the chance. :farmer:

To be fair, this is getting a bit tedious now. The figure is 9 he was the clubs leading assist player last season and that is a fact. People can try and belittle this all the want, it wont alter these facts.

You can repeat it as many times as you like, it still isn't a fact.

Which games did he have assists in?

Contraversial.

Have you no passion for the club? :me?::whistle:

I have plenty of passion, I'm not asking to be in the first XI :)

Archived