IGNORED

Leon Mckenzie

22A

"Wigan have offered £400,000 for the Posh striker and had it accepted. With clauses it could rise to £750,000 and Posh have accepted the bid, but the player cannot agree terms with Wigan.

The other clubs to appproach Posh about McKenzie in the last week are Norwich, Reading, Leicester, QPR and Bristol City".

That is the story in tonight's P'boro' Evening Telegraph. Why is it not in the EP or, gasp shock horror, the news section of City's website?

Good to know however, that City are currently searching for a striker proven at our current level.

I can't imagine that we had but any bid in. I know that we had a look at him in the summer but that was as far as it went. I personally wasn't to impressed by him when he came to the gate. If we are not willing to pay a feww thousand for robins I can't see us spending 400k on McKenzie

Two years ago I first mentioned McKenzie & his then Peterborough colleague Bullard,I really felt that they were the missing ingredients.

Wigan's capture of Bullard was a pretty smart piece of business and represented good value. Assuming McKenzie is really fit again he certainly deserves the chance again to operate in the 1st division,@400k linking up again with Bullard would be another smart piece of business by Wigan.

Alas,our best chance to sign the pair has long passed........

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I do think we should at least look at loaning a creative midfielder or two.

And maybe our scouts (Do we have any???????) should start looking at what players will be available in the summer

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Hopefully this is because a club is refusing to be held to ransom over player wages, Paul Jewl doesn't seem like a mug and thats good to see

On the other hand the JJB money pot is running out for Wigan. Maybe they'll be the next Huddersfield, nice ground, did well - Slip to Div 3 nothingness.

Or I could be I'm talking nonsense

On the other hand the JJB money pot is running out for Wigan.  Maybe they'll be the next Huddersfield, nice ground, did well - Slip to Div 3 nothingness.

Or I could be I'm talking nonsense

no, i think you could be right, it would be impossible for them to operate without there financial backer (whoever he is). look at their attendance for the boro match. just over eight thousand! wigan could not bring in enough income from the gates to run as first division club and cover all their costs.

the person who has been putting this money into them holds the key - if he decides to pull the plug, they'll be doomed!

Archived