IGNORED

Very Worried About Tuesday Night

Big Red Rich

If Basso starts and continues his clown like goalkeeping, I am very worried we are going to look like Billy Smarts circus in front of the Sky cameras.

I seriously hope we get someone with plenty of league experience on loan before Tuesday, whether that be at League 2 level or whatever. People are complaining that we are looking at Harper from Northampton on loan, why? Basso has come from Woking who are plenty lower than Northampton.

Anybody else worried about the presence of the cameras??

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

If Basso starts and continues his clown like goalkeeping, I am very worried we are going to look like Billy Smarts circus in front of the Sky cameras.

I seriously hope we get someone with plenty of league experience on loan before Tuesday, whether that be at League 2 level or whatever. People are complaining that we are looking at Harper from Northampton on loan, why? Basso has come from Woking who are plenty lower than Northampton.

no.

lets face it other than us and rovers fans who's going to watch it?

Not at all worried. If people laugh at us, then they laugh.

We'll still all wake up Wednesday; well most of us - harsh reality and all that.

Come Thursdays, the 182.5 threads moaning about everybody from Johnson to the tea-lady will fall off the bottom of the list and we'll be back to the we are a big club and we'll be fine posts.

It could be it depends which city side turn up I would imagine there will be 500 of us there as it is on sky,however we could look like lambs to the slaughter if the side that has played the last five games turn up.

I understand the implications of supporting city,but I do not expect to see us rolled over week in week out with gutless performances.

I'm not that worried to be honest, only because if you weren't a fan of either club would you be watching? Hardly a fixture to excite the neutral is it?

Yes we do tend to spectacularly underperform when on TV, that in itself isn't down to Basso. Even if we got a keeper in right now is there enough time to make much difference? We've left it too late again maybe? :(

I'm not that worried to be honest, only because if you weren't a fan of either club would you be watching? Hardly a fixture to excite the neutral is it?

You'd be suprised how many people who support other teams will be watching how the CITY play, so there is definately a possibility for a huge embarrasment if we play like we have done so far.

It'll be the same tedious soundbites...

Tedium? That's a bit rich coming from yet another one of your predictable doomsday posts! Change the record for god's sake.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be suprised to see a pretty decent performance from City. Some of the individuals we have will relish the opportunity to show off on Sky. Players like Brooks, Cotterill - oh and not forgetting Basso!

Guest MaloneFM

Camers love?

Not at all. As my good chum Johnny Noakes would say 'make sure your flies are done up'. Lovely old Noakey. Wonder where he's working now?

And we also get telly money.

Guest DrFaustus

some team who got relegated beat us by scoring when two of our players were off the pitch.

And THEN the mutants from Wiltshire shagged their sisters?

I've got my retaliation in first by billing it as such among colleagues and at my local. Situation comedy isn't what it was and City is as good anything these days.

I'm somehow confident about Tuesday..

Albeit the worst is we lost again, but other than that, surely theres nothing to lose?

We might aswell just go for it, and players will be fighting to keep their place by the sounds of it.

Northampton havnt not won at home for nothing, they cant find the net, and with Kirk suspended, captain'n'all I think our defense will play well for once.

We've had poor form, like last season, then the pressure went and we climbed the table.

I expect something similar this season, with the revival starting sooner than later.

Northampton 0 - 1 City, nail biting till the last minute like that Tranmere game.

:englandsmile4wf:

The worst thing about it is I can't ever remember us playing well on Sky.

your not wrong, we don't seem to like the exposure. however, the squad have had a whole week to have a good look at themselves and i don't think we're going to see major changes from the chelts game. maybe, just maybe, we will be able to walk away from this one with a bit of pride... :chant6ez:

The worst thing about it is I can't ever remember us playing well on Sky.

Oh I don't know, some of our more memorable recent games have been on Sky. There's the play-off semi v Hartlepool, the 2-0 win at Cardiff, where Tinnion scored a penalty and Roberts scored at the end, and who could forget that 3-2 win over the Gas, on a Friday night a few days before Christmas a few years back.

Granted we've also had a few shockers on there, like at home to Chesterfield a couple of years ago, but it's not all bad.

Archived