IGNORED

Scott Brown

Collis

Sorry if its already been posted but I thought Brown had a poor game last night. He shows glimpses of abiltiy sometimes but he is far from league one standard at the moment I feel.

I lost count at the number of times he gave the ball away and needlessly slided into challenges and gave away free kicks.

There is no faulting his efforts but I hope GJ is looking for a decent right sided player on loan. :pray:

Sorry if its already been posted but I thought Brown had a poor game last night. He shows glimpses of abiltiy sometimes but he is far from league one standard at the moment I feel.

I lost count at the number of times he gave the ball away and needlessly slided into challenges and gave away free kicks.

There is no faulting his efforts but I hope GJ is looking for a decent left sided player on loan. :pray:

But Brown played on the right!

personally and just judging forum comments, and the people I spoke to last night after the game and today about it, thought he had a very good game, he is always hard in the tackle but last night was just victim of a very fussy ref.

Used the ball very well when he got it, and showed good pace on a number of occasions when he was able to, unfortunatly he suffered from the defensive tactics in the 2nd half like the rest of the team

was one of the better players last night along with Enoch and McCombe

Scot Brown had two or three runs at the Orient defence and finsihed all of them with a weak or misdirected shot from outside the box with teamates better placed.Apart from that I can't recall him doing anything else.

He was poor imo.

The problem is that until Russell came on he was the ONLY midfield player who sticks his foot into a tackle. You have to have that kind of presence in the third division. To be fair, especially first half, he did link play nicely a few times. Second half he was playing as deep as the rest of them for the most part which can be interpreted as either carrying out or totally disobeying orders depending on who you believe!

I am amazed that two people who were at the game could write such nonsence about Scott Brown's performance last night. He was as lightening fast as always, was the only non-defender to tackle strongly and created a few chances running with the ball at pace. One of his shots was very hard and only just wide, although admittedly a couple of others were not too impressive. He did though create these chances himself. Many of our players could learn from his chasing back and commitment.

I thought with Enoch and McCombe he was MOTM and it seems that the majority of fans agree as he was voted such.

With some it seems Scott can do nothing right.

This is a FUNNY thread..

Collis.. again you have seen a differnt game compared to many of the supporters.. What is a bummer clud?!?! and are you really one.. strange that is.. So in your eyes you want Skuse on the right again.. What a great 45 mins he had there.... NEXT.

Robored- Chairman of the supporters club, the supporters voted Scott Brown MAN OF THE MATCH. You sir, should perhaps listen to the supporters a bit more.... NEXT

This is a FUNNY thread..

Collis.. again you have seen a differnt game compared to many of the supporters.. What is a bummer clud?!?! and are you really one.. strange that is.. So in your eyes you want Skuse on the right again.. What a great 45 mins he had there.... NEXT.

Where did I say I wanted Skuse on the right? I would like to see Skuse as a centre back if you really want my oppinion on him.

Its something we are going to have to agree to disagree on, I wonder if GJ rates Brown? I don't think he really does, I wouldn't be suprised too see him left out on Sat with Murray taking this place.

I have never been heard bummer clud before?! Top marks for originality Pilnin.

• Admin

This is a FUNNY thread..

Robored- Chairman of the supporters club, the supporters voted Scott Brown MAN OF THE MATCH. You sir, should perhaps listen to the supporters a bit more.... NEXT

Personally I would have voted the Man of the Match award to McCombe had I been bothered enough to text my vote.

That said, I think it's clear to most supporters that Brown's performances have been improving with every game since his reintroduction into the side and he is now in the side entirely on merit.

For Saturday I would continue with the wide selections from Tuesday, Scotty & Jenni.

I would have voted McCombe as my MOM.

But I did think Scott had a good game on Tuesday. The trouble is that he kept on cutting inside and shooting with his left foot and never looked like troubling their goalie. I guess he's not a natural winger, hopefully he can work on getting crosses in and giving us the width we need.

Scott Brown did something on Tuesday that has not happened at the gate for a long time. He was actually WIPPING the ball into the box which was causing a lot of problems for Orient. Ok, we didn`t score from any of them but it makes a change from watching the normal cross that gets floated in and headed away.

I would still like to see him in the middle / right of a Three man midfield for the extra bite. For some reason, people do not rate him but if he gets a run of say 10 consecutive games in the side then i think you will see the best of him.

Collis - I wonder if GJ rates him as a player???

Clearly he does as he is being picked for the team in the starting line up....... surely if GJ didn't rate him he wouldn't be in the squad or out on loan.

Stupid stupid comments

This coming from someone who appears to have watched a different game 'isn't there a scott brown who plays in goal in our league'.......

i thought Scott had a good game on Tuesday and unlike some who play in midfield he ain't afraid to go in for a challenge - he certainly would never be seen jumping out of one!!!!!!!!

So Robbored's personal views have to reflect the views of the 20 or so people that bother texting in their man of the match vote?

McCombe was without doubt man of the match in my view. Scott Brown did ok, he worked hard we know he can do that. Carried the ball on the break pretty well but unfortunately consistently made the wrong decision on when to release the ball. If he had done this successfully we may well have scored a late goal.

He's doing well on the flank, central midfield still definitely not for me.

Where did I say I wanted Skuse on the right? I would like to see Skuse as a centre back if you really want my oppinion on him.

Its something we are going to have to agree to disagree on, I wonder if GJ rates Brown? I don't think he really does, I wouldn't be suprised too see him left out on Sat with Murray taking this place.

I have never been heard bummer clud before?! Top marks for originality Pilnin.

I never said you did, but it is clear skuse is down the pecking order for the centre of the park he cant play on the left so that leaves right mid or right back.. he's to skinny to play centre back in this league.

If GJ didnt rate him then he would off let him out on loan, there were plenty of clubs who kept asking for him during the last couple of weeks. So you can wonder no more now i have put your mind at rest. And do you think a manager who apeears to not be having the best time with some of the fans is about to drop the man of the match from the last game?? wouldnt be the best thing to do. As people have said the players who win the game deserve to start the next game.

So Robbored's personal views have to reflect the views of the 20 or so people that bother texting in their man of the match vote?

Id like to know where you got the statistic that only 20 people texted in??? until you do confirm your fact there is not point having a discussion with you.

Id like to know where you got the statistic that only 20 people texted in??? until you do confirm your fact there is not point having a discussion with you.

Statistic? Fact? Sarcasm.

Why should RR's views reflect the (undoubted) minority of fans who text their man of the match at games?

I never said you did, but it is clear skuse is down the pecking order for the centre of the park he cant play on the left so that leaves right mid or right back.. he's to skinny to play centre back in this league.

If GJ didnt rate him then he would off let him out on loan, there were plenty of clubs who kept asking for him during the last couple of weeks. So you can wonder no more now i have put your mind at rest. And do you think a manager who apeears to not be having the best time with some of the fans is about to drop the man of the match from the last game?? wouldnt be the best thing to do. As people have said the players who win the game deserve to start the next game.

GJ was not going to let ANY player go on loan over the last few weeks due to the circumstances, albeit Stewart who will obviously never play for us again. So I think by saying that Johnson must rate him because he didn't let him go on loan is far from fact.

It is fact that when we had a full squad he was left out, so it will be interesting if he stays in the team with Brooker and Orr back.

Since being given the nod to start i think scott brown has scored the winning goal against brighton, played an excellent game against Tranmere (yes I was there) and got man of the match against Orient....

Clearly - can't be doing too bad!!!!!

I don't think having brooker and Orr back will make a blind bit of difference to GJ decisions on playing Scott Brown!!!!!

I don't think having brooker and Orr back will make a blind bit of difference to GJ decisions on playing Scott Brown!!!!!

Nor do I.

Brown got in the side in Cotterill's absence, whilst Murray was off form. Can't see Brooker or Orr being back changing that.

He might get switched to the left if Murray looks sharp in training.

:city: With Brooker & Orr having done their time they can now get on with playing without this issue hanging over their heads.

Poor Scott Brown has to continue doing his community service for god knows how long ,but I doubt if he's made a dent in the hours that he was given.

There's no way that we will see the best of Scott Brown until he has served his punishment. :PC_Plod:

:city: With Brooker & Orr having done their time they can now get on with playing without this issue hanging over their heads.

Poor Scott Brown has to continue doing his community service for god knows how long ,but I doubt if he's made a dent in the hours that he was given.

There's no way that we will see the best of Scott Brown until he has served his punishment. :PC_Plod:

I am under the impression he will end his community service in 6 months time. :ranting:

Archived