IGNORED

Hello Lads..

Wilksi

I just don't think he's a good enough central midfielder to be in the side in the middle ahead of any of the other four because he lacks positional sense and chases the ball too much.

Exactly why a run in the team is what he needs Nibor. He is commited, summat you cant always say about the others, Murray in particular right now. A run, and coaching is all he needs.

He is commited, summat you cant always say about the others, Murray in particular right now.

I don't see how anyone could ever accuse Scott Murray of not being commited? Fair enough he's not on a great run of form, but to say he's not commited without any evidence except that he isn't playing as well as he did 3 or 4 years ago is just stupid. Bearing in mind he is getting older and has always been a player who's main asset is his pace, is it really surprising he's not as effective as he once was? He's got Bristol City in his blood, in much the same way Brian Tinnion did by the time he left here, and, along with Scott Brown and Bradley Orr, Murray must surely be one of the most commited players to this club?

• Admin

Today was the first time that the Scott Brown manlove has been properly justified. He was always a threat on the ball, made good runs and was solid defensively. If he can keep playing like that then I've no problem with him staying in the team.

If he can keep playing like he did on Saturday then we won't miss Cotts at all whilst having the benefit of being paid £2m! :w00t:

What a stupid post. You seem to think I've got something against Scott Brown. Not in the least.

I'm pleased he played well, he's the best option on the right at the moment. I hope he carries on in a similar vein. His energy and tenacity and his bursting runs from midfield are great.

I just don't think he's a good enough central midfielder to be in the side in the middle ahead of any of the other four because he lacks positional sense and chases the ball too much.

Can't you handle someone thinking your mate isn't the best player in the squad?

80% of this forum is stupid posts, thought I would join in and be part of the "in" crowd.

And he's not my mate, i just apprecaite a quality player when I see one and felt the need for him in the team, some people on here are so blinded though that they see only what is put in front of them and cant form an opinion that is differnt from the norm. When someone is right and is proved to be right one feels the need to come and remind the doubters about your previous misgivens. :dance:

80% of this forum is stupid posts, thought I would join in and be part of the "in" crowd.

Ah more OTIB love, if people think so little of this forum I'd wonder why they bother reading it or posting here.

And he's not my mate, i just apprecaite a quality player when I see one and felt the need for him in the team, some people on here are so blinded though that they see only what is put in front of them and cant form an opinion that is differnt from the norm. When someone is right and is proved to be right one feels the need to come and remind the doubters about your previous misgivens. :dance:

Well, when he dominates the centre of midfield as a holding player in a 442 feel free to come say I told you so. He did well on the right but he lacks the positional sense for the middle IMO.

If he's not your mate then one of his family is, there's a great deal more to this thinly veiled campaign to get him a new contract than just thinking he's a quality player. What's the team for Saturday eh?

I don't have a problem with Scott Brown, or with people thinking he's a better player than I do, good luck to him and I hope he does well. I just don't think that he's as good a player as some of you do and I think your motives are not as simple as you make them appear to be - it looks a bit like manipulation from here and I don't like that.

Hello everyone...

Phatwil, Nibor, Collis,Robored oh and Jay .. Hows you all doing??

One goal and hit the bar.. Not a bad performance, considering hes had the flu for the last couple of days...

Robored, I am most disapointed in the chairman of the supporters club who wont speak to a member of the supporters club at half time about Scot Browns peroformace, you decided to put your head down and walk in the oposite direction.. Shame on you, You claim to reprsent me, yet you wont speak to me.. That could be a bad decision..

Anyway.. what a game, we won it and thats that, sure we could of had 5 or 6, but never mind.. I BET there are still people who come on here and bad mouth not only Scott but the team. You people should really just leave, not only Ashton Gate but here as well.. I'm fed up of the constanst moaning and birkering that goes on, on here, there is no need for it. All you do is put us down, this forum down and more importantly you put the club and the players down.. Just when we need to go out and get a win, u ***** comes on here and knock them all for six.. think about what your doing...

UP THE CITY.. Heres to next week..

And people.. I'm looking for you again... :whistle:

To be honest Wilksi, Browner would have always been in my line up and ive never said anything horrible about the lad.

Good man for starting this thread....Legend

i think this is festering and moving in to grounds of more than just about ''scotty brown''

i think you boys all should meet up for pint in the red and white bar and have a chat

and draw a line under this now.

it's looking more like who can get one over on who rather than the real topic,

browner is in the team and playing well alongside others who are playing well..

time to move on.....

Ah more OTIB love, if people think so little of this forum I'd wonder why they bother reading it or posting here.

Well, when he dominates the centre of midfield as a holding player in a 442 feel free to come say I told you so. He did well on the right but he lacks the positional sense for the middle IMO.

If he's not your mate then one of his family is, there's a great deal more to this thinly veiled campaign to get him a new contract than just thinking he's a quality player. What's the team for Saturday eh?

I don't have a problem with Scott Brown, or with people thinking he's a better player than I do, good luck to him and I hope he does well. I just don't think that he's as good a player as some of you do and I think your motives are not as simple as you make them appear to be - it looks a bit like manipulation from here and I don't like that.

Ah right, just because someone you don't agree with gives support to somone who you thought shouldnt of been in the team then there HAS to be another motive for it.. That is rather sad to think that this forum would have that amount of power is it not???

All i have wanted and stated in numerous posts was for Scott Brown the player to be given a chance as he had done so well last seaon. You shot me down, now Ive been proven right so far you come on here acusing me of things.

Please don't acuse me of things when you don't know me, just keep to the facts of this post and other posts.. You are being a tad sad now all becuase your proven wrong. :shutup::rolleyes::whistle:

it's looking more like who can get one over on wh rather than the real topic,

I agree with what you say but this whole thread was started with the idea of "getting one over" on people - so that is the real topic really.

Scott Brown is doing a good job at the moment and if he keeps that form up everyone will be happy, there's no denying that.

I agree with what you say but this whole thread was started with the idea of "getting one over" on people - so that is the real topic really.

How was it?? All it says to you is how are you doing?? You are reading things that arent in the original post. :farmer:

Ah right, just because someone you don't agree with gives support to somone who you thought shouldnt of been in the team then there HAS to be another motive for it.. That is rather sad to think that this forum would have that amount of power is it not???

So are you saying you don't know any of Scott Brown's family, they don't give you inside information on the team and that the whole campaign is purely 100% about thinking he should be in the side? If you're saying that then fair enough, I'll take you at your word.

There doesn't HAVE to be another motive just because someone disagrees with me at all, but there are plenty of hints in your and other people's posts that there was more to it than that. Obviously if I've got that wrong then I apologise.

I didn't really shoot you down when you said he should be given a chance I just said that I didn't think he was the best option in the centre. In fact if you look over BB's posts on starting lineups you'll see that when I've replied I've suggested playing Brown wide several times.

How was it?? All it says to you is how are you doing?? You are reading things that arent in the original post. :farmer:

Ah yes, very clever the way you did that, so hard to work out what you meant.

So are you saying you don't know any of Scott Brown's family, they don't give you inside information on the team and that the whole campaign is purely 100% about thinking he should be in the side? If you're saying that then fair enough, I'll take you at your word.

There doesn't HAVE to be another motive just because someone disagrees with me at all, but there are plenty of hints in your and other people's posts that there was more to it than that. Obviously if I've got that wrong then I apologise.

I didn't really shoot you down when you said he should be given a chance I just said that I didn't think he was the best option in the centre. In fact if you look over BB's posts on starting lineups you'll see that when I've replied I've suggested playing Brown wide several times.

Iam not passed on any inside information on the club or formations from any member of anybodys famillys. Is that clear enough. Whoever your "sauce" is, is wrong.

I'm confused. You say there are hints in other peoples post's but say that I have a motive. How could this be? I am slightly confused, easily done I know. If other people have agendas then fair enough and I'm sure there are people on this site that do and have, I am not one of them though and for you to say I have a motivive because of a feeling you have got from other peoples posts is rather strange.

I also said in those threads that you mention that ideally I would like him in the middle BUT all I really wanted was for him to be in the team and starting as I felt and still do feel that he would make a differnce. You are correct I wanted him in the centre and still think he should play in the centre, but I am more than happy for him to make the right midfield posistion his own, and he is proving a lot of people wrong with his performances. Thats all I care about..

Oh and since you ask, I DO think he should be offered a new contract but this is down to GJ and GJ along. There is nothinng wrong with singing on a saturday that you think he should be offered one though.

What, i was being polite and saying hello. :farmer:

Iam not passed on any inside information on the club or formations from any member of anybodys famillys. Is that clear enough. Whoever your "sauce" is, is wrong.

I'm confused. You say there are hints in other peoples post's but say that I have a motive. How could this be? I am slightly confused, easily done I know. If other people have agendas then fair enough and I'm sure there are people on this site that do and have, I am not one of them though and for you to say I have a motivive because of a feeling you have got from other peoples posts is rather strange.

I could go through and point out all the things that gave me that impression but if you say you're not mates with his family I'll take you at your word. I apologise.

I also said in those threads that you mention that ideally I would like him in the middle BUT all I really wanted was for him to be in the team and starting as I felt and still do feel that he would make a differnce. You are correct I wanted him in the centre and still think he should play in the centre, but I am more than happy for him to make the right midfield posistion his own, and he is proving a lot of people wrong with his performances. Thats all I care about..

Fair enough, he is certainly effective at the moment and I hope he keeps it up.

Oh and since you ask, I DO think he should be offered a new contract but this is down to GJ and GJ along. There is nothinng wrong with singing on a saturday that you think he should be offered one though.

Of course not, personally I'm not sure either way whether he's worth keeping but if he keeps on playing like he has in the last two games he will be. I don't think GJ will offer him a deal though, he's not selected him ahead of the other four in the centre.

• Admin

I could go through and point out all the things that gave me that impression but if you say you're not mates with his family I'll take you at your word. I apologise.

Of course not, personally I'm not sure either way whether he's worth keeping but if he keeps on playing like he has in the last two games he will be. I don't think GJ will offer him a deal though, he's not selected him ahead of the other four in the centre.

That'll be because GJ sees him as a wide-midfielder not a central midfielder and has been consistent in telling him this.

Guest jackhammered

If he is now our first choice right winger/left winger/ what has that got to do with the other four being picked ahead of him in the centre?And how does that mean he won,t be offered a contract?

On that subject.How do we know that he would accept the offer of a contract anyway.Everytime a player dons a shirt he is effectively in the shop window,especially with Sky coverage.His last performance won,t have gone un-noticed by other clubs.You can be sure of that.Same goes for a few others who are in their last year of their contracts.

If GJ wants this current squad as "his squad" and he is constantly telling us that he is very happy with them,then it might be an idea to tie them all up now before the vultures start to circle.Especially if we keep performing like we did on Saturday.

Time to be controversial... Scott Brown's failure to track his man on Saturday was one of the main reasons for Chesterfield's goal and demonstrates that he does not have the nous, quick thinking or defensive qualities required for a central midfielder :shifty:

Watch the World highlights if you don't believe me, the Chesterfield left-back plays a 1-2 with Allison and brown fails to stay with him. The left-back then crosses and it's a goal.

I'm not criticising him as I thought he played very well, just offering an alternative viewpoint ;)

• Admin

Time to be controversial... Scott Brown's failure to track his man on Saturday was one of the main reasons for Chesterfield's goal and demonstrates that he does not have the nous, quick thinking or defensive qualities required for a central midfielder :shifty:

Watch the World highlights if you don't believe me, the Chesterfield left-back plays a 1-2 with Allison and brown fails to stay with him. The left-back then crosses and it's a goal.

I'm not criticising him as I thought he played very well, just offering an alternative viewpoint ;)

IF we're apportioning blame, I would say the poor clearance (on his stronger foot unlike Tuesday) by Basso, straight to the Chesterfield midfielder inviting them onto us again when we were already on the back foot had a greater part to play in their goal.

But it would be very harsh to hold that goal against any of our players given the strength of the rest of our performance on Saturday.

Guest jackhammered

And having just watched the same highlights,Scott Brown's tracking back and timely challenge on their player enables Keogh to start the move that results in Russell playing a superb ball into Williams who finishes cooly.

Controversial but it's true :whistle:

If he is now our first choice right winger/left winger/ what has that got to do with the other four being picked ahead of him in the centre?And how does that mean he won,t be offered a contract?

He's doing a good job on the right at the moment but sometimes players out of position get found out after a few games, like Murray on the left. It remains to be seen if he's going to hold it down permanently. Some on here see him as a central player and that's what he was when he came here - and he's not near the front of that queue judging by selections so far. It's only a guess though and like I said if he carries on with that form he'll be fine.

On that subject.How do we know that he would accept the offer of a contract anyway.Everytime a player dons a shirt he is effectively in the shop window,especially with Sky coverage.His last performance won,t have gone un-noticed by other clubs.You can be sure of that.Same goes for a few others who are in their last year of their contracts.

He'll take the best offer he gets I'd imagine, and for him to get a better offer than a top end league one club he'll have to have a storming season.

If GJ wants this current squad as "his squad" and he is constantly telling us that he is very happy with them,then it might be an idea to tie them all up now before the vultures start to circle.Especially if we keep performing like we did on Saturday.

Murray, Basso, Brown, Carey? are the main ones whose deal is up as far as I can remember. Russell has an optional extension in his I believe. Of those I'd only be sure that Carey will get a new deal. Are there others?

All i have wanted and stated in numerous posts was for Scott Brown the player to be given a chance as he had done so well last seaon. You shot me down, now Ive been proven right so far you come on here acusing me of things.

Please don't acuse me of things when you don't know me, just keep to the facts of this post and other posts.. You are being a tad sad now all becuase your proven wrong. :shutup::rolleyes::whistle:

Have to agree on what you say about Nibor. He said he was going to reply to a post of mine (within 24hrs) on the non-footy forum with the whole intent of making me look stupid. That was around three weeks ago. I guess that makes him look stupid? :whistle:

Have to agree on what you say about Nibor. He said he was going to reply to a post of mine (within 24hrs) on the non-footy forum with the whole intent of making me look stupid. That was around three weeks ago. I guess that makes him look stupid? :whistle:

Didn't have time in one go to go through writing a long response and bucks posted something sensible that just about summed up what I was trying to get across. Sorry to disappoint you.

Guest jackhammered

I'm not sure if there are others in their last year apart from the four you have mentioned.Murray apart(and I wouldn't give up on him just yet)we should be looking to tie the other 3 up.

Apart from Skuse who I believe is a year in on a 4 year deal the other regulars can,t have more than 18 months left on their current contracts.

Apart from Lee Johnson of course.

Millen has re-iterated GJ's comments on how close the squad are and how happy the management are with them.If that is the case then offer longer contracts.

A settled squad is a rarity these days.

tie them all up now or at least start negoatians and players wont have to think about leaving the club. Which of course is bound to happen with the way they have been playing so far this season..

it also makes the player aware that they are wanted long term and are part of the plans which makes thier confidence grow, as we all know confidence plays a huge part on how a player will perform on a saturday

Wilksi, You accuse me of blanking you and yet you don't reply to my response earlier in this thread.

you blanked me so I'm blanking you. :shutup:

Apologies, I hadnt noticed your post, was to busy having a discussion with Nibor.

I have been ashmed once infront of you, don't know if I could go through the embarresment again :blush:

the chesterfields goal the WHOLE team fell asleep and let him through without

putting a foot in :farmer:

Archived