IGNORED

Wilson Must Leave

Bristol Boy

During our run I said continually that we haven't scored enough goals and it's come home to roost after performances against 23rd Stockport and 24th Wycombe.

As I said last week we will not gain automatic promotion and we will not win through in the play offs with this bunch of bottlers.

Time for a change of manager plus assistant and the end of the season can see a major change of players with many out of contract.

COMPLACENCY has cuased this and the managers she'll be right attitude and tactical naivety has caused this.

Look yeah we have had 2 poor results in the last 2 games, so what we still have a good chance. Give wilson till the end to the season and then see what he comes up with. If then we dont get promotion then I agree its not good enough. But dont start the wilson has to go campaign after just 2 bad games! :D

Surely no point changing the manager:

1. This is hardly a disaster. It's not good, but it's not as if we're bottom. But we were lucky today that both QPR and Plymouth failed to win.

2. At this late stage in the season - who would we get?

Guest Bootylicious

DW wont resign.

The board wont sack him.

We are stuck with him AT LEAST until the end of the season.

Unfortunately, Danny fails to see that the current team aren't scoring enough goals to win matches, which is ultimately going to cost us promotion.

I'm hardly surprised by our slump in form.

In fact, i half expected it.

Even the Sky Sports presenter commented on how we 'bottle' it come may, every season.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH DANNY.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

It's only three POOR results. I wish.. He is a good manager and i have never wanted him to leave. If we win our next four games we have a good chance of getting automatic promotion and if we do go up i wonder who will doubt him. Not me!

Lets wait to the end of the season to see if we get promoted which seems very unlikely and then sack him.

He has had money and time he has got to the end of the season to get us promotion if he fails he should go no question.

Guest Friday The 13th

How we didn't beat the bottom two clubs is beyond me. The squad Danny has at his disposal must be the envy of many managers and yet he continually sticks with the same people unwilling to use players such as M. Brown, Lita, Hawkins, Goodfellow (properly), Fortune et all.

End of the season, not gaining promotion this season is a big no no after the money he has been given to spend and he should leave if it isn't achieved.

Even during the run there were signs we weren't getting enough goals and now its finally come against us. After defence surely attack must be the most addressed area, why has he changed it soo much from last season!?

Unfortunately we dont look capable of scoring more than one goal......

Whilst when I've calmed down a bit I may feel that we are still in second spot so therefore have a good chance of automatic promotion the problem of scoring goals is not going to go away all the time we are slinging balls to two front men that are clearly unable to hit a cows A**se with a banjo at the moment......

Starting with Wilkshire wide right was I hoped put to bed in November,....Well clearly not LET ME ADVISE MR WILSON "HE IS NO GOOD THERE"...central midfield or not at all for gods sake for Luke

Aaron is not consistent enough as we keep saying and Goodfellow is a left footer... MMMM seems A DIFFICULT CHOICE TO MAKE THERE!!!!!?

Now is the time to start Leroy this is not panic as I'm sure someone will say but obvious as he unhinges deffenders whilst looking like he might get us a goal

Friday now becomes a massive game so lets make sure at least the supporters are up for it..........

What's total rubbish? 3 bad games but still being second?

Put it in perspective. We've succeded despite Danny, but there's no point in changing him with 12 games to go. I just hope the quality of the team shines through.

One perspective - the team with significantly cheaper players and no manager has performed better than us against stronger opposition.....

Wibble.

Wilso has gotta go, cos as soon as we hit a bad patch, he seems incapable of dropping his out of form favorites, motivating the team, baffles most of us by strange choices, and positions.

Wonder how many of this team will whack in transfer requests if (sorry when )we blow it all again.

Manager, and too many players aint pulling their ######* weight.

Now we'll get the pasty munchers, 'oops, and probably Swinedead drowing the site taking the p***. Know what, we aint got an answer, if we cant beat 23rd & 24th placed clubs. Incidentally our biggest defeats 3-0 & 2-0. Good enough to up troops??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Look yeah we have had 2 poor results in the last 2 games, so what we still have a good chance. Give wilson till the end to the season and then see what he comes up with. If then we dont get promotion then I agree its not good enough. But dont start the wilson has to go campaign after just 2 bad games!  :D
Three games 1 goal and 1 point.

Massive away followings let doewn over and over again.

Nuff said.

If we don't go up this year the bloke has had more than long enough.

He can't see what's in front of his eyes and didn't reason that the best time to strengthen is when you're going well.

HE MUST GO :me?:

It's only three POOR results. I wish.. He is a good manager and i have never wanted him to leave. If we win our next four games we have a good chance of getting automatic promotion and if we do go up i wonder who will doubt him. Not me!
YEH and Santa's coming down the chimney as well.

Guest SteveinNC

I think the board have been admirable in their support of DW so far. A cash strapped club like ours coming up with the money to buy players. That is great. So now it is down DW and his team to get it right. I think we should give DW until the end of the season, and then if we fail to gain promotion DW should be shown the door. He has had the time and money to get us out of this division. No excuses!!

I have held back on here recently aka Wilson, mainly due the 'Stop Moaning' Jibes that normally come as a result from the clappies.

And to be fair the 11 game run was great, but it is ancient history now. I openly applauded DW and the players during it. That said we werent exactly playing champagne stuff on the whole during the 11 matches and for that reason my opinion on DW was unchanged from prior to the wiining streak.

We all recognised that the real test was when the run ended, How would we react in the next game?

1 point from 6 against the 2 worst sides in the Division...Well Danny you have answered emphatically!

My opinion is that the 11 games were not a direct result of any DW changes to improve things (well maybe the odd substition). It was a change of fortune on the pitch. Now the luck has gone and we are seeing the Wilson of old.

It is simply not good enough Danny, shape up or ship out NOW

i am not saying anything until the end of the season. if we do not go up this year. sack him. if we go to the playoff final and lose what would we say
SACK HIM.

Anything but promotion from the position we were in is abject failure.

Bit like Wilson as a manager, really :D

I think the board have been admirable in their support of DW so far.  A cash strapped club like ours coming up with the money to buy players. That is great.  So now it is down DW and his team to get it right.  I think we should give DW until the end of the season, and then if we fail to gain promotion DW should be shown the door.  He has had the time and money to get us out of this division. No excuses!!
Unfortuneately, he has a three year contract with 2.5 Years left.

Poor decision by SL.

We cannot afford to sack him but he must leave, so resignation seems the only way. Can't see him doing it.

I have held back on here recently aka Wilson, mainly due the 'Stop Moaning' Jibes that normally come as a result from the clappies.

And to be fair the 11 game run was great, but it is ancient history now. I openly applauded DW and the players during it. That said we werent exactly playing champagne stuff on the whole during the 11 matches and for that reason my opinion on DW was unchanged from prior to the wiining streak.

We all recognised that the real test was when the run ended, How would we react in the next game?

1 point from 6 against the 2 worst sides in the Division...Well Danny you have answered emphatically!

My opinion is that the 11 games were not a direct result of any DW changes to improve things (well maybe the odd substition). It was a change of fortune on the pitch. Now the luck has gone and we are seeing the Wilson of old.

It is simply not good enough Danny, shape up or ship out NOW

100% spot on :D

SACK HIM.

Anything but promotion from the position we were in is abject failure.

Bit like Wilson as a manager, really :D

Clearly not everone agrees

A few weeks back I asked a mate 'If City don't go up automatically, would it be a failure?'

I was amazed when he said NO! (considering we were second in the table)

So I asked 'What If City lose in the PLAYOFFS' again will it be a failure?

again NO

I have no idea what some people think would be classed as failure this season?

Relegation? maybe, just!

WAKE UP, we ain't getting anywhere with this clown at the helm

Dont worry Danny. You can come and manage us if you like, where you would be appreciated! :D
For this whole post to have to get to a gashead to get a sensible comment is a joke.

11 wins in 14 games and you suckers want to sack him!!

I despair and I am going to the pub..... :Wave: :Wave:

Clearly not everone agrees

A few weeks back I asked a mate 'If City don't go up automatically, would it be a failure?'

I was amazed when he said NO! (considering we were second in the table)

So I asked 'What If City lose in the PLAYOFFS' again will it be a failure?

again NO

I have no idea what some people think would be classed as failure this season?

Relegation? maybe, just!

WAKE UP, we ain't getting anywhere with this clown at the helm

That sort of talk worrys me also.

People have to realise that being a profeesional football club is about winning. That is the main goal of every club.

My advice to your friend is join a scoial club or do something for charity if all you want is to belong to something - and believe me I do not mean to be disrespectfull.

My point is, this club is long overdue a winning mentality and that second best is not acceptable. This should be instilled to Managers, Players, staff and fans alike.

If you don't beleave that just fork out £50 and buy a sky seaon ticket!

I haven't bothered to read most of this thread, so apologies in advance to anybody that has made good valid points/criticism.

It's the same every single time we hit a small blip "Wilson out" "Wilson Must Go" etc etc.

I admit that I am not his biggest supporter, and to be honest I began to start doubting him a while ago when he refused to drop certain players, as well as carrying on with his strange tactics.

At the end of the day though, after taking maximum points from 11 games, we have only taken 1 from 9. Now fair enough after coming off of a run like the one that we had, that is disappointing. However the season isn't over yet.

Nobody was calling for Wilsons resignation a few weeks ago were they. Whilst we were clawing our way back towards Plymouth and QPR, nobody was shouting WILSON OUT were they!!?

Some people amaze me, they really do.

Archived