IGNORED

Wilson Must Leave

Bristol Boy

Nobody was calling for Wilsons resignation a few weeks ago were they. Whilst we were clawing our way back towards Plymouth and QPR, nobody was shouting WILSON OUT were they!!?

Not on the forum NO (for obvious reasons)

but away from it, YES, just ask frogred (even though he dont come on here anymore)

Nobody was calling for Wilsons resignation a few weeks ago were they. Whilst we were clawing our way back towards Plymouth and QPR, nobody was shouting WILSON OUT were they!!?

Some people amaze me, they really do.

No but most peoplepicked up on every single weakness that we have, while we were winning, while that strange bloke who is paid a very, very large amount of money to manage this club, failed miserably AGAIN to notice what a load of people who pay for the priviledge to watch city can.

Fans and Managers will always have differences ofer team selection, but for the fans to be prooved right on so many occasions and then for mr pillock to go back to what screwed us over as if he didn't realise that the god knows how many reasons that nearly everyone on here identified, wew what was causing us to be so unbelievably poo.

I'm not going to call for his head just yet, as the team may well gat themselfs together and get us up, because it certainly won't be willson that does it.

But personally i would have him gone at the end of the season whatever happens, as long as there is someone descent to replace him with, if we go up, we will get hammered, not necessarily because our team is not good enough, but Willsons complete lack of any idea of tactics will see us beaten a lot.

During our run I said continually that we haven't scored enough goals and it's come home to roost after performances against 23rd Stockport and 24th Wycombe.

As I said last week we will not gain automatic promotion and we will not win through in the play offs with this bunch of bottlers.

Time for a change of manager plus assistant and the end of the season can see a major change of players with many out of contract.

COMPLACENCY has cuased this and the managers she'll be right attitude and tactical naivety has caused this.

I've never thought Danny Wilson to be the right manager to get us out of poxy Div 2 and unfortunately I'm being proved right :me?:

Come on then Danny Wilson, prove me wrong :D

Bristol Boy that has to rank as one of the all time most ludicrous posts - we are after all still second and 3 games ago talking of achieving an all time league record of consecutive wins.

Comments like your show a complete lack of respect not only for DW but also for yourself.

Those that have chosen to endorse your ridiculous comments clearly must be very good at their day jobs or several sandwiches short of a picnic.

Just over a week ago the talk is breaking receords, promotion, Wilson, the team were all wonderful. 3 poor results, a bit of bad luck and the knives are out. TRY GETTING BEHIND THE TEAM calling for Wilson to be sacked is a joke.

I do think we have ended back to our early performances with Wiltshire on the right, you can only accomadate 2 from Doc, Tinman and wiltshire and have pace down the flanks and maybe up front with Lita or Roberts.

WE CAN STILL DO IT

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Edited for abusive language. Please be respectful towards other forum users when posting. Thank you.

Guest Lockerman

four games ago Danny Was God, the best manager ever, now because we have had a blip (I am not happy about the Blip but never the less there is one) you all want to get rid of him.

Just a couple of points really.

1. The players that are playing are the same players that played 11 and won 11

This tells me that we were either not good enough in the first place or we just had a lot of luck, or that the players themselves are just not pulling their weight.

2. We have on a number of occasions stated that we need a finisher a striker who can score goals.

The most experienced striker that we have is just not performing, as stated before he is a workhorse, but workhorses don't win games, people who put the ball in the net win games and that we ain't doing.

Basically, Peacock needs to be dropped, Roberts will never have it, and Lee Miller and Leroy Lita are getting there but are not quite the finishers that we need, they need a good targetman finisher to help them out.

So the moral to this story is we are supposed to sack Danny, what about the Board and all the players, it is always the easy option to blame the manager rather than get behind him and the team.

So leave Danny alone.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Edited for abusive language. Please be respectful towards other forum users when posting. Thank you.

Guest Spike

Ive got a good idea how about we sell our whole squad, sell the stadium, find a new team that dont ever lose and support them instead? :D

I'm so fed up all of this bullshit!

We still have to play Swindon, Plymouth and QPR and if we win those three its a good chance we could still take the title

And all this #### about a manager who doesnt know who to pick... look at alex ferguson... the endless amount of times he put Beckham out on the right and people said he shouldnt be playing there and as he played more he has become one of the best english players in years. The endless amount of times people said play Scholes as a striker he's better suited for the position but alex feguson kept him in midfiled and now he's an amazing midfielder

You see things go wrong on the pitch and seem to think Wilson cant see these.... he can and he does what he can to sort it out..... everyone seems to think they could do a better job but at the end of the day you dont know how those players are with Wilson himself... i mean whats the point in playing a player who doesnt like you or isnt 100% commited??

All this "lets get rid of our manager" talk the second things arent going our way is ####! just before mid season and most of us were hoping upon hope that we could get into the play offs because we doing so bad and then when Danny helped us atain 11 victorys in a row suddenly he was a great manager and we were getting what we deserved.

Wilson is going to be here untill atleast the end of the season and whilst people moan about cardiff going up and Wigan going up etc etc they seem to miss the fact Wigan were a team who were way above our quality and Cardiff had injected millions into getting promoted and are also probably a better team than us now.

How about supporting the manager through thick and thin because remember he's your only hope of promotion right now!

four games ago Danny Was God

Was he? really? I certainly didn't buy into that statement. No he has not suddenly got it wrong, he never really got it right.

Its over 18 months ago when my penny dropped with Wilson, he's simply not upto the job in hand. The 11 games did not change my opinion of him one jot. We were drab, predictable in most of those games too. Perhaps IF we were able to turn on the style OCCASIONALLY my opinion may have been been influenced the other way. No chance of that now, not any more, I've had enough.

Yes the side hasn't changed much, since the 11 game run, which to me suggests we rode our luck during it, the results were masking Wilsons flaws temporarily. Even during the run, crowds were hardly cramming Ashton Gate were they? why is that? Now the luck has vanished and we are seeing the old DW of pre-Christmas.

Cast your mind back to before the 11 games, we are witnessing all that garbage again.

:Sleep15: I am sorry, but what a pessemistic post.

In my eyes, Danny and SL have taken this club so far in the past few seasons. ok we might not be in Division one, but i genuinely believe this year is ours. I have not read most of the threads, but i know what will be said..

I like everyone on here is frustrated by the results, and more so by some of the performances of the players - but i knew this would happen.

In a way, the sky guy was right, we do bottle it, we do make things hard for ourselves, and we do lack the killer conviction - we never have looked like the "wigan" of last year or Norwich.

But getting rid of Danny - u must all be joking! :Fume:

Know this was in the past - but he was manager of the month and we have won 11 games on the bounce and are still 2nd in the league. 2nd is all we need.

Fed up with Danny out, lets give him time, its the same 11 players that took us to 2nd - now takje us to the title!

I'm fed up now, I'm off to my mates... :Cool27:

I've never thought Danny Wilson to be the right manager to get us out of poxy Div 2 and unfortunately I'm being proved right  :clap:

Come on then Danny Wilson, prove me wrong  :clap:

A couple of weeks ago I ate humble pie after critical comments made in the past.

I think it's time for a puke !!

Bristol Boy that has to rank as one of the all time most ludicrous posts - we are after all still second and 3 games ago talking of achieving an all time league record of consecutive wins.

Comments like your show a complete lack of respect not only for DW but also for yourself.

Those that have chosen to endorse your ridiculous comments clearly must be very good at their day jobs or several sandwiches short of a picnic.

I think you should have let Megan post because she may have more idea than you.

This guy has failed to get us promoted against sides who, in the main, have far more limted resources-Crewe, Walsall & Rotherham spring to mind, despite the financial backing of a Board on the back of heavy losses and an Academy structure that many Div 1 clubs would be proud of.

Add to that, magnificent support, away from home in particlular and you have the reasons to succeed, not fail.

Look at yesterdays gates in Div 2 if you want to criticise the level of home support because I won't.

I don't rate DW as a coach and his signings on the whole are not worth the money invested. I would suggest at least 50/60% of the squad will need to be ditched if we go up and around 40/50% if we stay down.

That's as sad an indictment of his tenure as 1 point and 1 goal in the last three games two of which were against the bottom two clubs, one of whom, Stockport, are 23rd in the current form league.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

BUNCH OF FICKLE ######S, just over a week ago the talk is breaking receords, promotion, Wilson, the team were all wonderful. 3 poor results, a bit of bad luck and the knives are out. TRY GETTING BEHIND THE TEAM calling for Wilson to be sacked is a joke.

I do think we have ended back to our early performances with Wiltshire on the right, you can only accomadate 2 from Doc, Tinman and wiltshire and have pace down the flanks and maybe up front with Lita or Roberts.

WE CAN STILL DO IT

Just remind me.

Who put Wilkshire on the right???

After 20games there, we were nowhere!!

Who doesn't play Roberts or Lita up front, so we have some pace and someone to run the channels??

Who signed another left winger when we needed a right winger??

Who spent £325k on a bloke who's scored 8 League Goals??

Wasn't me :clap:

four games ago Danny Was God, the best manager ever, now because we have had a blip (I am not happy about the Blip but never the less there is one) you all want to get rid of him.

Just a couple of points really.

1.  The players that are playing are the same players that played 11 and won 11

This tells me that we were either not good enough in the first place or we just had a lot of luck, or that the players themselves are just not pulling their weight.

2.  We have on a number of occasions stated that we need a finisher a striker who can score goals.

The most experienced striker that we have is just not performing, as stated before he is a workhorse, but workhorses don't win games, people who put the ball in the net win games and that we ain't doing.

Basically, Peacock needs to be dropped, Roberts will never have it, and Lee Miller and Leroy Lita are getting there but are not quite the finishers that we need, they need a good targetman finisher to help them out.

So the moral to this story is we are supposed to sack Danny, what about the Board and all the players, it is always the easy option to blame the manager rather than get behind him and the team.

So leave Danny alone.

Find a post from me saying he was God.

With a top scorer on 12 League Goals and a partner with 8, that's hardly rocket science, so why hasn't DW seen this.

Is this another Wilkshire on the right or TD/JB in central midfield scenario when 12,000 can see it and DW can't???

So leave Danny alone.

Cobblers.

Tell me this, why is he brilliant in your eyes when we win 11 and then it's not his fault when it goes t1t$ up??

If players were needed he should sign them in a timely manner. After all, he is the manager.

Ive got a good idea how about we sell our whole squad, sell the stadium, find a new team that dont ever lose and support them instead?  :clap:

I'm so fed up all of this bullshit!

We still have to play Swindon, Plymouth and QPR and if we win those three its a good chance we could still take the title

And all this #### about a manager who doesnt know who to pick... look at alex ferguson... the endless amount of times he put Beckham out on the right and people said he shouldnt be playing there and as he played more he has become one of the best english players in years. The endless amount of times people said play Scholes as a striker he's better suited for the position but alex feguson kept him in midfiled and now he's an amazing midfielder.

You see things go wrong on the pitch and seem to think Wilson cant see these.... he can and he does what he can to sort it out..... everyone seems to think they could do a better job but at the end of the day you dont know how those players are with Wilson himself... i mean whats the point in playing a player who doesnt like you or isnt 100% commited??

All this "lets get rid of our manager" talk the second things arent going our way is ####! just before mid season and most of us were hoping upon hope that we could get into the play offs because we doing so bad and then when Danny helped us atain 11 victorys in a row suddenly he was a great manager and we were getting what we deserved.

Wilson is going to be here untill atleast the end of the season and whilst people moan about cardiff going up and Wigan going up etc etc they seem to miss the fact Wigan were a team who were way above our quality and Cardiff had injected millions into getting promoted and are also probably a better team than us now.

How about supporting the manager through thick and thin because remember he's your only hope of promotion right now!

And all this #### about a manager who doesnt know who to pick... look at alex ferguson... the endless amount of times he put Beckham out on the right and people said he shouldnt be playing there and as he played more he has become one of the best english players in years. The endless amount of times people said play Scholes as a striker he's better suited for the position but alex feguson kept him in midfiled and now he's an amazing midfielder.

Yeh he also bought Veron for £28m and then sold him nine months later, for £12m, after playing Scholes out of position for three months.

Why did DW go on playing Wilkshire wide for 20+ games, if he can "see it all" and the two ronnies in midfield in Burnell and Doherty when it was clear to blind man that you couldn't do that ina 4-4-2???

So, on your theory about money and "injecting millions," how did Rotherham, Crewe, Preston & Walsall do it???

I'll always support the club and nobody pays me £250k a season to do it!!

To be honest the few mistakes that Danny Wilson makes with regards to team selection and tactics pales in insignificance to the gutless perfomances produced by our over-paid squad year on year when it comes to the crunch.

We could have A LOT worse managers than Danny Wilson. Some City fans seem to think they know all and could do a better job than DW. He is human, he makes mistakes...just like Alex Ferguson does.

Putting all the blame on DW for being a disasterous 2nd in the league is short-sighted.

Hey, did I miss something - been in Wales for a couple of days to watch the rugby!?? Sack Wilson - are we suddenly bottom of the division??

what happened whilst I was there??? Sorry but I thought we lost one game but still remain 2nd :clap:

Interesting points in some of the posts about tactics, sorry didn't read them all, but surely sacking the manager is a bit of an over-reaction?

Oh well, almost makes watching Wales lose to France seem like a good time on Sunday compared to reading the depressing cr*p on this forum :clap:

Guest Red_Rat

Umm

1 week 3 days ago he was be prased left right and centre from City fans. Not just our fans but other clubs fans,He got manager of the month.

How can 3 games change a manager.

We didnt deserve to lose at Sheffield, fair enough we were ########e,But we hit the post twice against Stockport.

Its a Goalscorer not a Manager that we need.

Just a thought, If we sack Wilson we may end up with someone like Pulis, Osman, Smith, (any other previous #### manager, enter here)!

Danny has done a reasonable job in the last 4 years, our squad is mainly made up of young Bristol born players and most of the dross has been shipped out (Beadle etc).

If we sack Danny, who's to say we wont end up back in the same situation as 5yrs ago! I for one have'nt forgotton those days and pray they never return.

We have no God given right to be in Division 1 and we will lose games that we expect to win, but lets not forget we are in second place and promotion is still in our own hands.

I still think we will gain automatic but whinging, booing, baying for the managers blood, scapegoating, being fickle, being nieve is not going to help.

UP THE CITY!!!!!

To be honest the few mistakes that Danny Wilson makes with regards to team selection and tactics pales in insignificance to the gutless perfomances produced by our over-paid squad year on year when it comes to the crunch.

Remind me, who signed and manages those over paid players?

Umm

1 week 3 days ago he was be prased left right and centre from City fans. Not just our fans but other clubs fans,He got manager of the month.

How can 3 games change a manager.

We didnt deserve to lose at Sheffield, fair enough we were ########e,But we hit the post twice against Stockport.

Its a Goalscorer not a Manager that we need.

Ummmm, So wouldn't you say that it was/is DW's responsibility to find one?

Although the Board did give him £325,000 for Miller and what a great investment that turned out to be!!

come on people we have 11 games left till the end of the season everyone whats to get out this rubbish division this is no time to sack our manager i am confident he has the abitly on knowlage which will get us out of this division like i said earlier this year if we dont get out of this division we need to sort out the staff which could quite possible mean sacking wilson but at the moment we need to be behind the side 110% to make sure we do make it out of this division so come on we need to support everyone in the team players and manager and we will get promotion have confidence

Come ON You Reds !!!!!!!

It's quite clear that for some on this forum DW can do nothing right.

If he were to resign now they would immediately come on this forum and moan about "how he was a rat that left a sinking ship" and "how could leave us at this time?"

Among all these anti Wilson post's I haven't seen any suggestion as to who should replace him.

ABW = Anybody But Wilson.

Archived