IGNORED

Wilson Must Leave

Bristol Boy

Guest Bawno

I say we give him till the end of the season. We have had a few poor results, but some good ones. I think we should give him his fair chance to prove himself. 2 bad loses is not enough to slag the poor fella off. He could come back with a great win for us on friday!

Guest UptheOwls

Dear me.

The wednesday fans are the same. Lose a game - sack the manager. With a different manager your still going to have the same staff, players and place to work with for a while - so why not stick with Wilson? He's a top manager, thats why your in 2nd. He also is a wednesdayite :clap::clap:

Disregarding current form (or lack of it), I think four seasons should be enough for a manager to build his side, get it playing how he wants. If we don't get up this year then maybe it's time to give someone else a go.

2 bad loses is not enough to slag the poor fella off. He could come back with a great win for us on friday!
How about the period from August to December then? The football played was akin to that endured during the Tony Pulis reign.

He could indeed come back with a 'great win' for us on Friday but Jesus Christ we're only talking about Rushden & Diamonds! Anything other than 3 points will be a disaster.

Its all well and good saying wait and see until the end of the season but do you honestly think we've got the bottle to win the play offs and we sure as hell wont score enough goals to go up automatically with the current incumbents of the front 6 shirts. When we inevitably fail to gain promotion what do you really think that Coles and Hill will want to waste another year in Div 2? Will Tinman want another season? Will we able to keep the academy?

The remainder of this season could be one of the most important in the clubs recent history. Unfortuantely we've got the footballing equivalent of John Major running the team.

If we win convincingly on Friday, I think most of this Wilson out will stop ****il the next bad patch). I like Wilson, and really hope he can get us up. But like I say, it depends on that for me as to whether he stays or goes.

What a ridiculous post, talk about generalisation

If he were to resign now they would immediately come on this forum and moan about "how he was a rat that left a sinking ship" and "how could leave us at this time?"

Well, dont bank on that, don't hold your breath Hornbeamred.

I don't think we are going to go up, I said it back in Sept/Oct/Nov. We simply are not good enough under the Wilson system. The 11 games raised hopes momentarily but in hindsight Wilsons inadequacies were masked only by s####ing odd goal wins, some late goals and good luck. It certainly wasn't down to his tactical prowess or his dazzling brand of football. If I am proved right, (which I hope I am not) we will have WASTED YET ANOTHER SEASON under DW.

Among all these anti Wilson post's I haven't seen any suggestion as to who should replace him.

ABW = Anybody But Wilson.

Why is it up to us to suggest who should replace him? Thats the boards job, and like they would listen to us anyway. That comment suggests that if Wilson does not get us promoted this season, you would keep him on because he the best of a bad lot. Well thats fantastic ambition on your part Hornbeamred. Well done, great logic!

Bristol Boy that has to rank as one of the all time most ludicrous posts - we are after all still second and 3 games ago talking of achieving an all time league record of consecutive wins.

Comments like your show a complete lack of respect not only for DW but also for yourself.

Those that have chosen to endorse your ridiculous comments clearly must be very good at their day jobs or several sandwiches short of a picnic.

Bristol Boy always waits for us to have a couple bad results and then comes out with the same old rubbish. Sometimes i despair at other City fans,we have promotion in our own hands and all the top teams have to play each other.I presume all the people on here who have GIVEN UP : :clap: for the season wont be out celebrating promotion when it comes :clap:

Disregarding current form (or lack of it), I think four seasons should be enough for a manager to build his side, get it playing how he wants. If we don't get up this year then maybe it's time to give someone else a go.

I agree, that's the voice of reason - 4 seasons is long enough for a former Premiership manager to get a Div 2 side promotion. :clap:

I said before Christmas that he should have until the end of the season and I stick to that.

You complain about my logic, but there are those on here that would sack a Manager who (by whatever roundabout route) has steered us to 2nd in the table and can only see that having a positive effect on the rest of the season.

All the complaint's about him seem to contradict themselves, for example some want him to play more of the youngsters, some want him to get more experience. By that token nobody would satisfy the doubters.

Our position has improved as has our squad, in the time he has been here. I think he may be one possibly two players off having exactly the right mix, whether that's his fault I'm not sure. I do think that even if we have to discuss his replacement in May, that whomever that may be will inherit some players that will be ready to produce what he sees as their potential.

I hope for his and our sake that they produce it sooner and more often.

Archived