IGNORED

Social City Forum?

bh_red

what is the point of this bloody social city forum? is it just a place where the "mods" on this forum just sweep stuff under the carpet that they don't want people talking about?

I posted perfectly valid questions asking what people feel the ST and SC actually do? come back thinking they have been deleted to find they have been bumped off into another forum that probably nobody looks at? (just took a look, 243 viewing the main forum, 7 viewing the "Social City"

I thought this was supposed to be a fans forum? where fans can actually DISCUSS/COMPLAIN/MOAN/PRAISE or whatever else about things about City, fair enough I can understand non-related City stuff being bumped off into another forum when it comes to stuff about former players and what's happening at the gas?

but looking at that forum there is a few threads that I just don't understand why they have been bumped? i.e

the forest league cup game - clearly city related?

a city fan asking how to get to the gate from temple meads - clearly city related?

someone talking about Arsenal v City DVD? - clearly city related?

questions about catering?

other topics such as people talking about how they are getting to Yeovil? and what pubs they were going to before games?

this is all clearly city related stuff, but because some "mod" doesn't like the posting it gets bumped off where know one reads it, just like my questions about what the ST and SC actually do?

instead we are left with a forum with 101 marcus stewart postings (love em or hate em!) and some other stuff which is quite simply boring, it is without doubt that this forum has lost it's appeal and fan base that it had some 6/7 years ago when I first came across it? but I think in the last year it has gone right down hill, basically since the ST have taken over the running, this forum used to be about free speech, fair enough anything there was some crap, but it is now well and truly a case that this forum is overmoderated by the ST.

And anything they don't like gets bumped elsewhere where no one looks?

what do other people think? or is it just me? personally if this is the way the trust want the forum to go, then I'll keep my £2.50 per month thanks very much, but it is currently dying on it's feet at the moment.

Do we want that? and does it matter? the supporters trust are killing this forum, some people say if it was down to the club it would be gone anyway but the ST saved it, all they seem to have done though is run it into the ground

I think the separate forum for things that aren't about City's current first XI is a pretty good idea. There was far too much unrelated stuff on here before it was put in. People need to just stop feeling insulted or hard done by just because a post gets moved to a different forum. It's not less important is it?

The only thing that's a real problem on this forum at the moment is posters that react with cheap shots or personal insults whenever someone disagrees with them.

what is the point of this bloody social city forum? is it just a place where the "mods" on this forum just sweep stuff under the carpet that they don't want people talking about?

I posted perfectly valid questions asking what people feel the ST and SC actually do? come back thinking they have been deleted to find they have been bumped off into another forum that probably nobody looks at? (just took a look, 243 viewing the main forum, 7 viewing the "Social City"

I thought this was supposed to be a fans forum? where fans can actually DISCUSS/COMPLAIN/MOAN/PRAISE or whatever else about things about City, fair enough I can understand non-related City stuff being bumped off into another forum when it comes to stuff about former players and what's happening at the gas?

but looking at that forum there is a few threads that I just don't understand why they have been bumped? i.e

the forest league cup game - clearly city related?

a city fan asking how to get to the gate from temple meads - clearly city related?

someone talking about Arsenal v City DVD? - clearly city related?

questions about catering?

other topics such as people talking about how they are getting to Yeovil? and what pubs they were going to before games?

this is all clearly city related stuff, but because some "mod" doesn't like the posting it gets bumped off where know one reads it, just like my questions about what the ST and SC actually do?

instead we are left with a forum with 101 marcus stewart postings (love em or hate em!) and some other stuff which is quite simply boring, it is without doubt that this forum has lost it's appeal and fan base that it had some 6/7 years ago when I first came across it? but I think in the last year it has gone right down hill, basically since the ST have taken over the running, this forum used to be about free speech, fair enough anything there was some crap, but it is now well and truly a case that this forum is overmoderated by the ST.

And anything they don't like gets bumped elsewhere where no one looks?

what do other people think? or is it just me? personally if this is the way the trust want the forum to go, then I'll keep my £2.50 per month thanks very much, but it is currently dying on it's feet at the moment.

Do we want that? and does it matter? the supporters trust are killing this forum, some people say if it was down to the club it would be gone anyway but the ST saved it, all they seem to have done though is run it into the ground

What is that well known saying; take it or leave it :dunno:

I think the separate forum for things that aren't about City's current first XI is a pretty good idea. There was far too much unrelated stuff on here before it was put in. People need to just stop feeling insulted or hard done by just because a post gets moved to a different forum. It's not less important is it?

The only thing that's a real problem on this forum at the moment is posters that react with cheap shots or personal insults whenever someone disagrees with them.

I can understand the need for it, but to a lesser extent fair enough you need somewhere to filter out the rubbish and dump it, but when it is clearly relevant stuff that is to do with the club? why does it get bumped? just looking at the other forum there is a few relevant postings in their, but because it is in this other forum no one actually bothers looking at it,

lets be honest, there was that rather recent 8 page essay that kept going and going and going and lets face it, re-reading it all it is possibly the most repetive posting ever from all sides of the coin, every couple of pages everything was getting repeats, previously a post like that would just filter away, but it just kept staying on page1 of the forum because other stuff that is relevant to the club gets bumped elsewhere and people would go back to it,

yes, stuff like the 500th posting of Lee Millers header against swindon and ha ha swindon lost and the plain weird postings gets bumped, but when it is of a relevant nature to the club? I don't understand, it just feels like at times that this place is seriously over-modded and over-censored

I can understand the need for it, but to a lesser extent fair enough you need somewhere to filter out the rubbish and dump it, but when it is clearly relevant stuff that is to do with the club? why does it get bumped? just looking at the other forum there is a few relevant postings in their, but because it is in this other forum no one actually bothers looking at it,

lets be honest, there was that rather recent 8 page essay that kept going and going and going and lets face it, re-reading it all it is possibly the most repetive posting ever from all sides of the coin, every couple of pages everything was getting repeats, previously a post like that would just filter away, but it just kept staying on page1 of the forum because other stuff that is relevant to the club gets bumped elsewhere and people would go back to it,

yes, stuff like the 500th posting of Lee Millers header against swindon and ha ha swindon lost and the plain weird postings gets bumped, but when it is of a relevant nature to the club? I don't understand, it just feels like at times that this place is seriously over-modded and over-censored

I think the problem is that you think the other forum is just where mods bung stuff that they don't want on the main one and you're insulted because your post got moved and you think noone will read it.

They're putting stuff in there that is city related but not to do with the first XI football team. Your post isn't worth less just because it gets moved. It's a pretty straightforward difference and it's as good a way as I can think of to make posts about current football easier to find. Look at the view figures, people do read it.

If anything this place is under modded, that 8 page thread you refer to should have been closed as being useless and so should a few others.

You complain about the "how are people getting to Yeovil", and "which pubs are you going in beforehand". Sorry, but if those things aren't "Social City" then what are?

Things in the Social City forum are still going to be about the club, just not threads about current first team players or goings on on the pitch as this forum should be.

I think the problem is that you think the other forum is just where mods bung stuff that they don't want on the main one and you're insulted because your post got moved and you think noone will read it.

They're putting stuff in there that is city related but not to do with the first XI football team. Your post isn't worth less just because it gets moved. It's a pretty straightforward difference and it's as good a way as I can think of to make posts about current football easier to find. Look at the view figures, people do read it.

If anything this place is under modded, that 8 page thread you refer to should have been closed as being useless and so should a few others.

it's all about the balance, spot on though that post should have been stopped at page 3/4

it's not just about my post though? there is plenty of posts in their similar and it's a case of why have those been moved? some of them are valid postings but have been moved?

why does it have to be to do with the "first xi" to be on this forum though? it doesn't actually say that anywhere? it just states "city only" if it did and this was a "first xi" forum then I can see you point, but it doesn't say that?

it's all about the balance, spot on though that post should have been stopped at page 3/4

it's not just about my post though? there is plenty of posts in their similar and it's a case of why have those been moved? some of them are valid postings but have been moved?

why does it have to be to do with the "first xi" to be on this forum though? it doesn't actually say that anywhere? it just states "city only" if it did and this was a "first xi" forum then I can see you point, but it doesn't say that?

There was a post describing the change pinned to the top of this forum for weeks but perhaps the description also needs updating.

It was definitely that City related stuff that was not about on the pitch first XI matters would get moved to the other "Social City" forum.

The City Social forum was designed & introduced in order to help users of the forum locate topics that are of interest to them with greater ease. The Social forum has been created for more indirect topics such as local pubs to grounds, ex-players etc etc, whereas the City forum is more for the direct & current affairs relating to the team, players & club.

It's as new to us as it is to you (Social forum) and there will be the odd thread that could exist in either forum. One or two people have been kind enough to drop us (mods) a PM suggesting that a thread be moved & we're grateful for such suggestions. We even considered a temporary 'Marcus Stweart' forum due to the number of threads & posts he attracted!

At the end of the day, we've had more compliments about the introduction of the Social forum than we've had complaints (2 to date including this thread). As for your remark about the Supporters Trust shaping this forum, you are mistaken. BCST deals with raising funds that keep this forum alive. Only two of the Mods are directly BCST related (myself & Chris) whereas the other 6 are either Clik employees or good old fashioned City fans. Moderating issues are discussed democratically & are not biased by BCST.

In fact, maybe this thread belongs in the Social Forum.....

There was a post describing the change pinned to the top of this forum for weeks but perhaps the description also needs updating.

It was definitely that City related stuff that was not about on the pitch first XI matters would get moved to the other "Social City" forum.

I read that pinned item on the Social City forum. Thought it was a good idea then and now.

Nibor that was very subtle, cheap shots, and personal insults. May well qualify for whoosh of the year.

I can see a need for it for some posts, but whoever is bumping over things like the DVD thread is actually doing the club a big disservice. Threads that debate a brand new DVD that the Club has just brought out will surely help sales if it stays on the main forum - tucking it away in a forum that nobody reads is basically undermining the club's commercial side and could well be affecting sales.

I'm sure that most fans who want to catch up on City news rely on the main forum rather than wade through the main site or the programme to see what's going on at the club and would have no idea about this DVD without seeing something on the main forum.

As for the thread about the Forest semi-final, whatever was the reason for that thread being moved? For a start its topical because we are away to Forest in the next week or so and a comparison of the 2 clubs and their fortunes then, now, and inbetween makes for an interesting debate in the run up to the match.

In every Matchday programme there is always a "flashback" to an old match between the clubs playing on that day - if this sort of feature is good enough for the club's programme surely its not going to be out of place on the main forum. Or are we going to end up having a "Social" matchday programme to deal with players and matches from the past, whats on sale in the shop, what players wear and what music they listen to. Come to think of it thats 90% of the programme contents.

But what is most worrying is that whoever bumped these posts does not have the perception of the way that the club's history is linked with its present and future. I would think that younger fans being aware of the some of City's achievements in the not too recent past gives some sort of optimism for the future.

Basically the mods have, by removing these 2 posts, consigned two of the clubs most iconic matches of the last 30 years to a place in the "Social City" dustbin!

Why does a thread being in the other forum make it somehow worse? The view figures don't look very different.

funnyily enough, you just need to look at the amount of people in the Social forum compared to the City Forum?

over 200 in main forum, less than 10 in the social.

for the top viewed few postings in the social forum such as the "clinton morrison, stewart's 1st half and the old forest game, they were in the main forum for a while before they got bumped over to the other forum take for example "bh_red's" 2 posting, both basically bout the same thing.

Social was posted at 7pm - 109 views.

City forum was posted at 8:30 - 207 views

you do the math?

people don't look at the other forum?

I can see the guys point though and yours, , if it was stated that this forum is for 1st team talk only then fair enough it is in the wrong place? but so is alot of other stuff? all the east end stuff, all the stewart stuff?

it's a case of one rule for one thing and another for something else.

fair point to whoever mentioned the arsenal video, surely something like that should be in the main forum? bumping it isn't going to help sales, you can bet more people took notice of the forum posting and thought about getting it than jsut some article on the website

I found it annoying recently - I posted about how to get to Cardiff West services by bus, concerning the swansea away game. It got moved. I can understand, it's social related I guess, but it's also current, and city related. Once it moved - hardly anyone viewed it. Luckily someone replied before it moved.

Meanwhile, threads discussing travel to the swansea game have remained in the city forum (ie the boycott threads and the train ones etc). So what's the difference?

No we don't, big nose! :razz:

[For those of a nervous disposition, I'm only joking. I have no idea how big Nibor's nose is.]

No we don't, big nose! :razz:

[For those of a nervous disposition, I'm only joking. I have no idea how big Nibor's nose is.]

what did you say bugger lugs? with ears like that, do they call you wing nut?

Hey,maybe we should have an anti-social city forum? then we could exchange insults all day long.

(as above - this was a light hearted post)

Here is chubba's tuppeny.

This is the only forum I can be arsed to read. If other people are like me they will not be bothered to look in other forums when discussing which pubs to go in etc, if they even know these forums exist.

Too many forums in my opinion. Can't be ****in arsed to look at all of them. If posts are of no use no-one will reply and the threads sink out of sight very quickly. Coming on here and only seeing 20 or so topics that have been replied to in a day makes the forum look under used and fairly dead.

Admins could do with chilling out a bit, the forum worked very well before and while it is nice to add your own touches now you are in control of it and have the thankless task of modding do be careful not to kill the atmosphere eh?

This number of posts regarding threads being moved or deleted needlessly must tell you all something...

So far, only 15 different people have involved themselves in this thread. As previously mentioned, we've only recieved 2 complaints (prior to this thread) about the Social Forum. More people have let us know that it is liked than disliked. However, that said, if there is enough support to either alter the names or the content then we'll take that on board as, after all, this is a fans forum run by the fans. At the moment though, as only 15 people have contributed to this thread and only a handful of those are asking for the Social Forum to either be scraped or changed, the forum may as well remain as it is.

So far, only 15 different people have involved themselves in this thread. As previously mentioned, we've only recieved 2 complaints (prior to this thread) about the Social Forum. More people have let us know that it is liked than disliked. However, that said, if there is enough support to either alter the names or the content then we'll take that on board as, after all, this is a fans forum run by the fans. At the moment though, as only 15 people have contributed to this thread and only a handful of those are asking for the Social Forum to either be scraped or changed, the forum may as well remain as it is.

the way I see it the more people who moan about it, the more chance of action happening? to be fair this post has only been on here just over 12hrs at the moment (most of which most people spent sleeping!) at you see that as a fair way to judging peoples views? says alot about what Mods actually think about the users, looking through I think it is 5 people so far don't like the social forum, of about 15 responses as you say, that is a 3rd?

Personally I don't see the point, this forum is littered with too many sub forums, I can see the need to filter out the rubbish, but surely that is the use of the "football talk" and "non-footy talk" forums?

all you are doing with this social forum is moving more and more relelvant postings off and basically making the forum worse as it looks as if there is less to talk about on the main forum, instead stuff is just bumped elsewhere.

this forum has without doubt gone downhill in the last 12mth or so, alot of good posters have moved on and stopped posting here, however on a side note, the subbers is growing and growing.

still it appears the mods don't actually care what regular posters actually think

the way I see it the more people who moan about it, the more chance of action happening? to be fair this post has only been on here just over 12hrs at the moment (most of which most people spent sleeping!) at you see that as a fair way to judging peoples views? says alot about what Mods actually think about the users, looking through I think it is 5 people so far don't like the social forum, of about 15 responses as you say, that is a 3rd?

The point I'm making is that 15 people is not yet enough to justify change. Agreed that this thread has only been in existence for a matter of hours & therefore we'll wait before making any further decisions. Secondly, people's views aren't being judged, they are being considered.

Personally I don't see the point, this forum is littered with too many sub forums, I can see the need to filter out the rubbish, but surely that is the use of the "football talk" and "non-footy talk" forums?

all you are doing with this social forum is moving more and more relelvant postings off and basically making the forum worse as it looks as if there is less to talk about on the main forum, instead stuff is just bumped elsewhere.

...and if enough people agree with this then we'll consider changing it or removing it. So far it's only a vocal minority.

this forum has without doubt gone downhill in the last 12mth or so, alot of good posters have moved on and stopped posting here, however on a side note, the subbers is growing and growing.

still it appears the mods don't actually care what regular posters actually think

Whilst it fills us with delight to read posts moaning about mods, the bottom line is that the administrators of this site do care what other people think. We can use this thread as an example if you wish. If there are enough strong arguements to change or remove the Social forum then we'll look at taking that on board. Why not set up a poll if you feel strongly about it? A simple: Do you like the Social forum? Yes/No poll might do the trick.

fair enough, given time a true view will no doubt become clear,

when the social forum 1st got mentioned I could see the understanding behind it, just to get rid of some of the silly postings, but when decent views and threads get bumped over there it doesn't make sense? postings for example about the forest game, taxi's to the gate, the Arsenal DVD and various others?

if this forum is about just the 1st xi then you have to question why postings about Brentford's new stand, the pinned east end and "we've been relegated" are still left on their? it's all about the balance?

it just seems that this forum has become very diluted with the same talk, lets be honest would those 4/5 stewart moster postings lasted as long if other stuff hadn't been bumped?

fair enough keep the Social forum going, but there needs to be more of a screening process before stuff is dumped over there, many users have posted stuff on here and then gone "why has my post been deleted? when infact it's just been bumped elsewhere

the fact is most people look at this forum, and this forum only, the views on the other forum show that, the only postings with alot of views spent a while on here, before they where moved? which I also don't understand? why is something that is on here for a couple of days with lots of replies then move?

the whole modding just makes no sense?

oh......and just looking at forum again.........Predection League update? surely this isn't 1st team related so should be bumped elsewhere? however I notice the poster is a Mod? is it just a case of one rule for one, one for another?

If you don't like it don't post. Simple as.

Or just don't read a thread?

Is it just a case that now the moaners cant moan about the performance on the pitch, they need to find something else to moan about?

People shouldnt take life, or even a bloody forum so seriously. Cant please everybody all of the time, and the mods/admin have a thankless job to do.

Archived