IGNORED

Forest And Their Referee 1 Bcfc 0

Mr Mosquito

Have to agree! but you slung the first stone. Stingray admits he is banned, says it all! I am CITY! :city:

Does it matter who "slung the first stone"? I don't think so. By all accounts it was our lot that started it after the game, but we don't know if that was new fighting, or something that had carried on from before the match. Before the game I was in Casa, where a load of us from the TalkForest forum meet up. The city "fans" in there were already starting to get tanked up and were throwing their beer glasses at us. You knew then there was going to be trouble.

He was very poor for sure and you are right about how his attitude looked; he seemed to be laughing at us. not the best of diplomats

i saw a merc on ebay for 300 quid - yeap the corruption remark must be true then!!!! :Sleep12:

Having a Mercedes is irrelevant, yes, but if it's true that he has a personalised 'ref' number plate then it would confirm the self-obsessed vanity driven approach with which he conducts himself and which makes it so likely that he will favour the home team in his quest to be popular and centre of attention.

This, of course, is the ref who on the night of May 30th 1999 in a hotel bar near Wembley Stadium, after the play-off final between Gillingham and Man City, joined in with Man City fans singing 'The Referee's a City fan' and then spent the night at the bar with them drinking and celebrating their promotion until the early hours.

You say not the best of diplomats, I'd say he has a history of this, this previous incident was on the day he found enough injury time for Man City to claim a late equaliser when Gillingham were headed for promotion. After such contention the last thing you'd expect is him to lap up adultation from one set of fans.

He was even quoted as singing along with the fans version of 'Thankyou very much for the Extra Time, thank you very much, thankyou very very very much'. This is not hearsay either - this was reported in the Manchester Evening News at the time, probably even a paper he reads himself, being from Lancashire.

The guy is unashamedly a stonewall homer and relishes pleasing the bigger/home support in an exuberant enough fashion to annoy away fans. He thrives off it, and the ridiculous succession of decisions on Saturday was merely par for the course, the person who called it before the match was spot on.

I wonder if Halsey found time to drink in Nottingham on Saturday night, you know the kind of thing, get noticed, have a few drinks bought for you, bathe in the warm glow of being known, sing a few Forest songs, remind everyone who you are. The man doesn't have a shred of impartiality in his body.

What i find amazing with mr (homer) halsey is that he played the advantage every time for forest but the twice we could have been through with an advantage he blew and pulled us back to take our free kick.He also let forest take quick free kicks but not once were we allowed to, at one point he was talking to lee johnson while forest took their quick free kick were half way into our half while he was talking to johnson on the half way line and still let them carry on.

The most inept refereeing display i think i have ever seen.

Just a quick note about the idiots that were fighting, i was outside with my 11 year old daughter and she was scared, so if there were kids in that pub when you attacked it i hope they find you and string you up by your B0ll0cks.

Exactly how much did Nottingham Forest bribe that referee for ???!!!!! It was THE most corrupt officialling I've ever seen in 35 years of watching Bristol City FC. We were denied 2 certain penalties with Keogh rugby tackled in the Forest penalty area and a blatant hand ball incident - it stinks of corruption.

Nottingham Forest should also be fined with points deduction for lack of segregation of home and away fans - with their idiot fans allowed to throw pies and coins down onto us.

I'm not sure about corruption. Although I know exactly where you're coming from.

For me there was only one certain penalty - but then that is one penalty City should have had. It would probably have changed the game. But the truth is I don't think City were that great on Saturday, not terribly creative in attack and it appeared to me the only way we were ever going to get a goal was with the ref giving us one of our several penaly claims.

As for the segregation of home/away fans - well, they are segregated, although possibly not in the best way possible. Forest fans in the upper Bridgford end (above the away fans) have been throwing missiles onto the fans below in recent weeks (so says the programme anyway) and the club are taking action in reviewing ticket sales in that area.

I might be disappointed in the referee and the score but I'm not going to blame the ref entirely. If anything the dismal performance of the man in black detracts from more serious questions about the quality and inventiveness of our attacking options.

I'm not sure about corruption. Although I know exactly where you're coming from.

For me there was only one certain penalty - but then that is one penalty City should have had. It would probably have changed the game. But the truth is I don't think City were that great on Saturday, not terribly creative in attack and it appeared to me the only way we were ever going to get a goal was with the ref giving us one of our several penaly claims.

As for the segregation of home/away fans - well, they are segregated, although possibly not in the best way possible. Forest fans in the upper Bridgford end (above the away fans) have been throwing missiles onto the fans below in recent weeks (so says the programme anyway) and the club are taking action in reviewing ticket sales in that area.

I might be disappointed in the referee and the score but I'm not going to blame the ref entirely. If anything the dismal performance of the man in black detracts from more serious questions about the quality and inventiveness of our attacking options.

That is the most sensible post I have read on here fella.

Exactly how much did Nottingham Forest bribe that referee for ???!!!!! It was THE most corrupt officialling I've ever seen in 35 years of watching Bristol City FC. We were denied 2 certain penalties with Keogh rugby tackled in the Forest penalty area and a blatant hand ball incident - it stinks of corruption.

Nottingham Forest should also be fined with points deduction for lack of segregation of home and away fans - with their idiot fans allowed to throw pies and coins down onto us.

at the time i was angry, but after the game playing back each in my head, i think none of the claims were stone wall penalties - it was more the number of claims we had that led to people bemoaning the ref, rather than our lack of firepower.

some of the shouts for handball were a little bit hopeful - if you blast a ball at 100mph at a defender two yards away, there aint much he can do about it!

will watch the replays with interest... gut feel is "unlucky" not "corruption": sometimes, you just lose football matches..!

Guest stingray316

Have to agree! but you slung the first stone. Stingray admits he is banned, says it all! I am CITY! :city:

How many ciders did you drowned your sorrows on last night brianred.If you look up the page it's kermit who said he's banned, l told you l was at the match at saw city thugs smash the bar with kids inside :ranting: .l've never been banned as l'm no troublemaker.Get your facts right. :angry:

FAO RED GOBLIN!!!

At risk of sending you 'over the edge' so to speak, I have dug out this photo for your perusal.

It is the Forest team celebrating our goal yesterday.

Unfortunatly just out of view, you can see Mark Halsey with his arms aloft, fists clenched, beaming smile and a small Forest pin badge under his lapel if you look really closely.

Honest.

Now watch that ticker!!!

IPB Image

:rofl2br:

Is that one of Dazzler's photo's?

Archived