IGNORED

Sexstone Says Fans Caught Will Be Banned!

Sticks

Sextone has announced on the news that fans caught for affray on saturday will be banned for life, I don't condone violence but know what it is like to be attacked you fight back.

The club always jump un the bandwagon to be whiter than white but I think he needs to look closer to home with the same rules he used to his own playing staff who committed the same sort of retaliation and although the jail sentence was severe they committed the same crime and are happily playing on a being paid a small fortune. One rule for one, one for another - bl88dy hypocrite. Maybe they should be banned for life!!

Any hooligan there intent on trouble has no place in football but as usual it will be the innocent that get caught on camera and banned who were caught up and defending themselves whilst the burberry boys will be free to continue.

Sextone has announced on the news that fans caught for affray on Saturday will be banned for life, I don't condone violence but know what it is like to be attacked you fight back.

If Sextone and Co had given GJ some more money to buy a decent striker or two, we might of won yesterday, and then the ugly events that marred the day, might not of happened!!

:farmer:

If Sextone and Co had given GJ some more money to buy a decent striker or two, we might of won yesterday, and then the ugly events that marred the day, might not of happened!!

Spending money on players! Why when he can spend it on 1000 nice padded empty seats!

Also the events yesterday would have taken place what ever the result,

If we had won - It may of been Worse!

Sextone has announced on the news that fans caught for affray on saturday will be banned for life, I don't condone violence but know what it is like to be attacked you fight back.

The club always jump un the bandwagon to be whiter than white but I think he needs to look closer to home with the same rules he used to his own playing staff who committed the same sort of retaliation and although the jail sentence was severe they committed the same crime and are happily playing on a being paid a small fortune. One rule for one, one for another - bl88dy hypocrite. Maybe they should be banned for life!!

Any hooligan there intent on trouble has no place in football but as usual it will be the innocent that get caught on camera and banned who were caught up and defending themselves whilst the burberry boys will be free to continue.

You have a good point here. I do not want any troublemakers at city, but if city did ban for life troublemakers, it would be hugely hypocritical with the decisions made on the players...

Leave those players alone that was completely different and you lot know it. They didn't go out to cause trouble they were sticking up for a mate Dave Partridge. God only knows what would have happened to him if they wouldn't have done. That sentence wasan't just harsh it was completely riddiculous!!!

People who go to games to cause trouble are not fans they are idiots and a ban is sufficient punishment.

Leave those players alone that was completely different and you lot know it. They didn't go out to cause trouble they were sticking up for a mate Dave Partridge. God only knows what would have happened to him if they wouldn't have done. That sentence wasan't just harsh it was completely riddiculous!!!

People who go to games to cause trouble are not fans they are idiots and a ban is sufficient punishment.

No, I don't know it - Nothing different at all drunken idiots fighting, same crime just different rules. I bet if you got banged up you still wouldn't have your job when you got out, if they catch the ring leaders great but it will be those who love the club who be caught and banne dfrom the thing they love the most following city

Yes this thread i can see was started because of Sexton but a dig was put in about those players and i don't think that is on. This is completely different and i will stick up for those players anytime a dig is put in about them.

Fair enough. But I am sure city will not consider indivdual cases with the fans the same way they did with the players. For example, if a guy got convicted for defending his son or little kid caught in the middle by chance, I wonder what would happen then. I have my opinions, but who knows...

I think it was silly of Sexton to make the comments the way he did (I saw the interview on the news) after what has happened not long ago. Hypocritical.

Fair enough. But I am sure city will not consider indivdual cases with the fans the same way they did with the players. For example, if a guy got convicted for defending his son or little kid caught in the middle by chance, I wonder what would happen then. I have my opinions, but who knows...

I think it was silly of Sexton to make the comments the way he did (I saw the interview on the news) after what has happened not long ago. Hypocritical.

Yeah i do see what you are saying. But i still think its a completely different situation to be honest.

Yeah i do see what you are saying. But i still think its a completely different situation to be honest.

Ok. I do want to point out that I really was'nt trying to have a go at those players. I do agree that they have probably been through enough. It's just when I see what I believe to be hypocracy, I hate it!

Ok. I do want to point out that I really was'nt trying to have a go at those players. I do agree that they have probably been through enough. It's just when I see what I believe to be hypocracy, I hate it!

I know you weren't you were just giving your opinion and that is fair enough. It was Sticks who got the dig in and i felt it wasan't on which is why i commented i certainly wasan't having a go at you.

Leave those players alone that was completely different and you lot know it.

Yes, the players were fighting outside a pub whereas the hooligans were, er, well..........anyway it's different, isn't it??

They didn't go out to cause trouble they were sticking up for a mate Dave Partridge.

Ahem, you are on very thin ice here.They went out, as was stated in court at 4pm (three of them) and were drinking until 11pm at least, with training the next day, under a new manager.Partridge, who got two months as he was to blame for starting the incident was far from blameless.

What if some of the City Fans were sticking up for there mates as, by common consent, Forest started it and City finished it? Lots of similarities here and you can't have one rule for one and one rule for another.......although sorry, you can, it's football

God only knows what would have happened to him if they wouldn't have done. That sentence wasan't just harsh it was completely riddiculous!!!

Yes, for me they should have given the herbert freedom of the city of Bristol. :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

If he hadn't got as pi$$ed as a wheel after drinking for seven hours and started acting like a knob, the incident would never have happend.I've always said I'd never take the moral high ground as we've all been young, drunk and daft, but there is another saying that goes "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

And people in glass houses (Sexstone) shouldn't throw stones, as far as acceptable employee or supporter behaviour goes

It's very easy to innocently be going about your business and get caught up in these things and neither you, nor Colin, should get caught up in it and start aportioning blame.If two weeks in clink is "ridiculously harsh" (your words) for what the players did, isn't it a tad harsh to ban someone for life for what could have been a one off, spur of the moment case of defending yourself or a mate??

SarahB you have basically argued that it was bad for the fans to get involved, and therefore they should all get blanket bans. Yet what the players did was OK because they were sticking up for a mate. :blink: What about any people who may have been trying to protect their kids (I think you will find it has been decided that kids were present). I personally don't have any kids, but if it was another young family member in danger I would probably step in. Also I know of people in the past who due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time have got in trouble/fights. For example a group of lads I know detained for their part in a street brawl late at night in town. However they were quickly let off after it was proven (witnesses, CCTV etc) that they were stepping in to help a couple (who they didn't know) who was being badly beaten by another group of people. So to argue that anyone near this incident should be banned seems a bit unusual, and not being funny but what BCFC player(s) did was far worse than this.

Yes, the players were fighting outside a pub whereas the hooligans were, er, well..........anyway it's different, isn't it??

It wasn't at a football match. If these toss pieces want to go and have a fight somewhere away from football or from the rest of the public who don't want in it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Why don't they just pick an empty field somewhere to meet up for a ruck in? Is it perhaps because they're more interested in looking hard and in reputation?

It's very easy to innocently be going about your business and get caught up in these things

Which is exactly why the people who willingly take part in "these things" should be dealt with harshly not have excuses made for them.

and neither you, nor Colin, should get caught up in it and start aportioning blame.

Anyone who was taking part in it was to blame. It's unbelievably simple.

If two weeks in clink is "ridiculously harsh" (your words) for what the players did, isn't it a tad harsh to ban someone for life for what could have been a one off, spur of the moment case of defending yourself or a mate??

Yes, I'm sure that launching furniture through the window of a bar comes under the heading of defending yourself.

There's a country mile of difference between punching someone back and legging it when attacked and dismantling a bar mob handed.

Perhaps the pathetic thugs that do that sort of thing should get a few weeks bird as well as a ban.

What the players did they were punished for. They knew the consequences before they did it.

What the muppets did in Nottingham they will hopefully be punished for. They knew the consequences before they did it too.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can even dream of being an apologist for these imbeciles. They're the reason why the 98% of honest football fans get treated like criminals and herded like cattle. Still I guess if you like travelling on coaches and not being allowed in the East End anyway...

By this managments own comments i.e E.E closed "because it attracts trouble" should not now all fans be banned from away games "as that attracts trouble" :dunno: then a few more of you will have YOUR freedom of choice taken away because of a few :o

It wasn't at a football match. If these toss pieces want to go and have a fight somewhere away from football or from the rest of the public who don't want in it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Why don't they just pick an empty field somewhere to meet up for a ruck in? Is it perhaps because they're more interested in looking hard and in reputation?

Which is exactly why the people who willingly take part in "these things" should be dealt with harshly not have excuses made for them.

Yes, I'm sure that launching furniture through the window of a bar comes under the heading of defending yourself.

There's a country mile of difference between punching someone back and legging it when attacked and dismantling a bar mob handed.

Perhaps the pathetic thugs that do that sort of thing should get a few weeks bird as well as a ban.

What the players did they were punished for. They knew the consequences before they did it.

What the muppets did in Nottingham they will hopefully be punished for. They knew the consequences before they did it too.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can even dream of being an apologist for these imbeciles. They're the reason why the 98% of honest football fans get treated like criminals and herded like cattle. Still I guess if you like travelling on coaches and not being allowed in the East End anyway...

The fact that you had to write this post to explain the facts to some people is simply unbelievable. Perhaps these people were throwing the chairs at their attackers in self defence, missed, and hit the bar window instead!!!!!!!!!! The media are already having a field day with the club on this issue and look out for the 30 page spread in the Evening Post that will drag the club through the mud again. Is it any wonder we seem to attract little new support from football supporting "immigrants" that come to Bristol to work from other parts of the country when all they do is open the local rag and see constant negativity associated with the club. Would you take your 7 year old son to Ashton Gate to start supporting the local side if you were one of these people?

By this managments own comments i.e E.E closed "because it attracts trouble" should not now all fans be banned from away games "as that attracts trouble" :dunno: then a few more of you will have YOUR freedom of choice taken away because of a few :o

I don't know what context you are making the comment in but nevertheless you are correct. Because of the actions of a minority of muslim extremists, a number of the more peaceful majority will get strip searched at Airports etc. etc. They are having their freedom of movement restricted because of the actions of a few. But you can argue that this is a necessary evil. Until the muslim extremists can be rooted out then this will continue to happen.

Why am I saying this? Well, until the football community act together and root out the thugs once and for all then our freedoms will be diluted too. The situation could be very similar. Our freedom to follow our football team could be dissolved into official coach travel only, being bussed right into the away turnstiles so you can't even have a pre-match pint and only being able to buy a ticket if you are an "Away Club" member.

If you want the above to happen then continue making the usual excuses for the trouble makers (why is it that the overwhelming majority of us do not accidentally get caught up in these things and arrested?). And then don't come on here bleating and whingeing like a spoilt brat when the Authorities introduce these measures.

It wasn't at a football match.

And Amici's isn't the City Ground, so the same could apply

If these toss pieces want to go and have a fight somewhere away from football or from the rest of the public who don't want in it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Why don't they just pick an empty field somewhere to meet up for a ruck in? Is it perhaps because they're more interested in looking hard and in reputation?

Looks like the situation involved more than "looking hard"

Well, going back to the original point, so were the players.Nobody forced them to get involved or indeed, forced Partridge to start it-My point was that if 2-4 weeks in clink was "ridiculously harsh" so is a life ban for a similar incident of "helping your mate out"

Nonsense.So Nibor, you're walking past that bar with your missus/ a mate and somebody clumps her/him and is going to do so again, what would you do and, if you took the action I admit I would, should you then be banned for life.Of course not, that's utter nonsense.

Who said it was?

Agreed

No doubt if they're caught they will

I actually think they probably didn't think at the time, at all.That's not the way these things start or pan out.They are moments of madness, not planned events in the vast majority of cases.

Agreed.However I would differentiate beween an unprovoked agressor and someone defending themselves and others.That is a difficult but necessary function of law enforcement.Of course, as the law states, only reasonable force can be used

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can even dream of being an apologist for these imbeciles.

I can't see anyone doing that.Certainly not me

They're the reason why the 98% of honest football fans get treated like criminals and herded like cattle.

On rare occassions-possibly one game a season out of 46, based on this season.

Still I guess if you like travelling on coaches and not being allowed in the East End anyway...

The East End's being rebuilt at which point City Fans will occupy it.That's a result.

I don't like travelling on coaches and rarely do..I prefer car, plane or train.

However, as a loyal supporter of 40 years+ I consider it my duty to support the club home & away and if that means swimming to Swansea or anywhere else, I'm not going to let the actions of others or Police imposed restrictions stand in my way.

It's easy to sulk, moan and spit your dummy out, but if everyone does that, the lads will have no "12th Man" at Swansea and you could see how City reacted, ultimately to no avail, when they were roared on Saturday.

I'll turn up at Swansea let's hope the team do as well.

Always the case.

What's the alternative?

It's always a nuisance.That's why I hate the whole "Airport" expereince-Treated like a naughty schoolboy or worst, a criminal maniac.

Trouble is there are two words you can use as a get out of jail free card-Security & Safety.Throw in the word "related" and you get away with anything-Try it the next time a Motorway is closed-never happened ten years ago-never-happens every week now.

The problem is, if they don't do it, on rare occassions, people will get hurt, maimed and killed, so given our litigious culture, people cover their ar$es at all times-Sad but true and if our govts with all of our money, armys and the like can't solve problems simply, I don't think City can.

The EE is being rebuilt in the near future and at that point it'll be used, according to SL/CS to house City Fans.That's the best outcome.

BB it seemed to me you were saying that people taking part in the violence shouldn't be banned for life just because the club didn't sack the players involved in a brawl last year.

If that's what you were saying then I wholeheartedly disagree. Anyone willingly taking part in that sort of thing should be banned for life, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If you're saying that an innocent passer by who got attacked and hit someone back before legging it shouldn't get banned for life then I agree. I'll be wholly amazed if there is anyone who genuinely fits into this category, other than people who had the misfortune to be sat in the bar when the ######s turned up.

sorry i don't believe that. doesn't matter if we went out and bought a striker

and we won the game, there a people that go to matches and are just there

to cause trouble weather we win or not.

It's very easy to innocently be going about your business and get caught up in these things and neither you, nor Colin, should get caught up in it and start aportioning blame.If two weeks in clink is "ridiculously harsh" (your words) for what the players did, isn't it a tad harsh to ban someone for life for what could have been a one off, spur of the moment case of defending yourself or a mate??

All i was saying was that this post was started by Sticks because of Sextone which is fair enough but i don't think it was fair for him or anyone else to get a dig in about Steve and Bradley. Whast happened at Forest was completely different so there was no need for anyone to get in any digs about Steve or Bradley. They have paid for what they did so i don't see why any digs had to be made about them. That is what i think and I'm sticking to it. Any time anyone gets in a dig i will defend them end of.

sorry i don't believe that. doesn't matter if we went out and bought a striker

and we won the game, there a people that go to matches and are just there

to cause trouble weather we win or not.

Exactly!!

I just think to bring up this about our players again is not on. As i say if Steve and Bradley wouldn't have stepped in god only knows what would have happened to poor Dave Partridge. I would do exactly the same for one of my mates and i hope you would too.

This with the so called fans is completely different if you care about the club then don't cause trouble.

Steve and Bradley are not drunken idiots.

If people love the club they shouldn't be causing trouble.

don't make excuses for them.... they're ######s as much as the idiots outside: passage from the EP report re Brooker:

Mr Davies told the court Partridge had "clearly been enraged" by his treatment and was held back by the others.

Mr Davies said: "He lost his shirt and he charged at the doormen outside the fire doors.

"Mr Brooker got involved by throwing bottles at people in and around the fire doors. He lifted an empty wheelie-bin and threw it towards the bouncers."

.... thats more than helping a mate out: that's being a thug.

don't make excuses for them.... they're ######s as much as the idiots outside: passage from the EP report re Brooker:

Mr Davies told the court Partridge had "clearly been enraged" by his treatment and was held back by the others.

Mr Davies said: "He lost his shirt and he charged at the doormen outside the fire doors.

"Mr Brooker got involved by throwing bottles at people in and around the fire doors. He lifted an empty wheelie-bin and threw it towards the bouncers."

.... thats more than helping a mate out: that's being a thug.

Steve Brooker is not a thug. He was sticking up for a mate. Don't you dare call him a thug.

Archived