IGNORED

Strikers Stats

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

The current lack of goals has had me looking at the career stats of our strikeforce.

Career goals per game (includes substitute appearances)

M. Brown - 0.05

Lita - 0.16

Matthews - 0.14

Roberts - 0.19

Peacock - 0.29

Miller - 0.36

Compare this with some that have graced our side in the recent past.

Bob Taylor - 0.34

Goater - 0.41

Akinbiyi - 0.31

Cole 0.5

And some who (sadly) have no connection with our club.

Earnshaw - 0.5

Owen - 0.54

Shearer - 0.53

Henry - 0.43

Van Nistlerooy -0.61

So Peacock isn't too far off of Akinbiyi and Bob Taylor, although a proportion of their careers have been at a higher level.

I'm sure that if Miller was receiving better service from the flanks, his stats would be even better, maybe even up near the magic 0.5.

What wouldn't we give for a current pair of strikers with career stats of 0.5+.

Yes but this isn't accurate as some will have played more of a game than others.

For example if you class Lita's 20 odd subs apperances each for at most 10 minutes each thats only just over 2 games for Miller or peacock.

For me, if you could get a stats thing up for minutes on pitch to goals that really does show a accurate goal scoring rate.

What the stats clearly show is that Peacock and Miller are not scoring enough goals between them. 20 for the pair at this stage of the season is dire.They should be on at least 5 more each.

In defence of Miller - he gets taken off after about 65 mins of most games so his ratio is bound to be lower.Its anyones guess how many more he'd have if played as many mins as Peacock.

What the stats clearly show is that Peacock and Miller are not scoring enough goals between them. 20 for the pair at this stage of the season is dire.They should be on at least 5 more each.

In defence of Miller - he gets taken off after about 65 mins of most games so his ratio is bound to be lower.Its anyones guess how many more he'd have if played as many mins as Peacock.

20 goals at this stage of a Championship winning season is quite poor!!

I would place a bet though Miller would have scored more if he was playing with a small pacey striker in the mould of Roberts/Lita!!

Miller might not have scored more himself personally, but i am positive his total with his partner, be it Lita/Roberts would have been alot more than 20!!

But I think Peacock is holding back Miller!! He needs Roberts/Lita to allow him to prove his worth!! Wake up Danny Wilson

• Admin
Yes but this isn't accurate as some will have played more of a game than others.

For example if you class Lita's 20 odd subs apperances each for at most 10 minutes each thats only just over 2 games for Miller or peacock.

For me, if you could get a stats thing up for minutes on pitch to goals that really does show a accurate goal scoring rate.

Just for you Tommy..........

This Season Only:

M. Brown.

Goals: 0

Played in: 2

Completed 90 mins: 0

Minutes played: 74

Goals per hour played: 0

C. Roberts.

Goals: 2

Played in: 34

Completed 90 mins: 8

Minutes played: 1872

Goals per hour played: 0.06

L. Miller.

Goals: 8

Played in: 39

Completed 90 mins: 9

Minutes played: 2683

Goals per hour played: 0.18

L. Peacock

Goals: 14

Played in: 37

Completed 90 mins: 32

Minutes played: 3157

Goals per hour played: 0.26

L. Lita.

Goals: 4

Played in: 26

Completed 90 mins:1

Minutes played: 572

Goals per hour played: 0.42

L. Matthews

Goals: 3

Played in: 13

Minutes played: 235

Goals per hour played: 0.76

Thus proving that Lee Matthews is our best striker and should immediately be recalled from the g*s :)

Chris Roberts figures are surely distorted due to the fact that when he has played, he has been played as a right midfielder / winger, I'm convinced that he would have more goals if he had played the same length of time in his favoured striking role.

Just for you Tommy..........

This Season Only:

M. Brown.

Goals: 0

Played in: 2

Minutes played: 74

Goals per hour played: 0

C. Roberts.

Goals: 2

Played in: 34

Completed 90 mins: 8

Minutes played: 1872

Goals per hour played: 0.06

L. Miller.

Goals: 8

Played in: 39

Completed 90 mins: 9

Minutes played: 2683

Goals per hour played: 0.18

L. Peacock

Goals: 14

Played in: 37

Completed 90 mins: 32

Minutes played: 3157

Goals per hour played: 0.26

L. Matthews

Goals: 3

Played in: 13

Minutes played: 235

Goals per hour played: 0.76

Thus proving that Lee Matthews is our best striker and should immediately be recalled from the g*s  :)

Chris Roberts figures are surely distorted due to the fact that when he has played, he has been played as a right midfielder / winger, I'm convinced that he would have more goals if he had played the same length of time in his favoured striking role.

.... excuse me Chris but isn't someone missing here.

and anyway Matthews only scores when we get five!

• Admin
.... excuse me Chris but isn't someone missing here.

and anyway Matthews only scores when we get five!

" .... excuse me Chris but isn't someone missing here."

Oops!! All present and correct now.

" and anyway Matthews only scores when we get five!"

5, that seems a dim and distant memory :)

20 goals at this stage of a Championship winning season is quite poor!!

I would place a bet though Miller would have scored more if he was playing with a small pacey striker in the mould of Roberts/Lita!!

Miller might not have scored more himself personally, but i am positive his total with his partner, be it Lita/Roberts would have been alot more than 20!!

But I think Peacock is holding back Miller!! He needs Roberts/Lita to allow him to prove his worth!! Wake up Danny Wilson

At ######* last, someone else who can see this!! :) Thank you Whitey!!

Thank you- I feel like I'm the only one who thought this. :)

Part of the reason we aint scored is Peacock, everything has to revolve round him. Maybe this can be done at a higher level, but not at ours. Miller has one problem which is he seems to fade around 75-80 mins, wether thats because we aint using him right, I aint sure, others will be able to say.

Freed up I'm sure Robbo, and Miller, with Leroy ready for who ever tires, loses form is the way forward, not Leee Peacock.

At ######* last, someone else who can see this!! :D Thank you Whitey!!

Thank you- I feel like I'm the only one who thought this. :D

Part of the reason we aint scored is Peacock, everything has to revolve round him. Maybe this can be done at a higher level, but not at ours. Miller has one problem which is he seems to fade around 75-80 mins, wether thats because we aint using him right, I aint sure, others will be able to say.

Freed up I'm sure Robbo, and Miller, with Leroy ready for who ever tires, loses form is the way forward, not Leee Peacock.

I'm going on experience here!

I watched Miller last year playing up front with Owen Coyle, he is in the mould of a small ( used to be ) pacey striker who can find the back of the net without any problem!! This coupled with the fact that Miller has received his best credit in the few games when he played with Roberts upfront!! During these games, he was scoring and setting up goals :D !! Peacock comes back, and Miller slips back into inconsistency!! :)

Ive also read that when Miller & Lita were paired against QPR, they had the makings of a devastating partnership :) , with movement, pace & the reading of each others games!!

Although I am fighting Millers corner, I'm sure the little and large partnership would work with Peacock instead of Miller aswell, but based on comments made that Peacock doesnt like playing up front with some strikers, then the solution must be simple!!

Play Miller with Roberts or Lita, and you goal scoring worries will be over!!

Archived