IGNORED

It's Allright Lads

Bristol Boy

Good to see the club have lept to allay our fears about not acheiving automatic promotion.

We've got the Wurzels against QPR!!

We're saved!!

The last time, they had no instruments, mimed, were on the pitch for about ten minutes and were so far away it could have been four old tramps from Ashton Park!!

I go to f.f.f.f. farnham!!

The last time, they had no instruments, mimed, were on the pitch for about ten minutes and were so far away it could have been four old tramps from Ashton Park!!

I go to f.f.f.f. farnham!!

Would have been more entertaining.

Just think of the spin offs. Forget the Three Tenors, we've got the Four Old Tramps.

That is indeed great news. I have to be at a meeting in London at 11.30 on the day of the QPR game. I'll be struggling to get back in time for the kick off and have been getting very stressed about maybe having to miss the game altogether. But now I know I'll miss the Wurzels I feel an awful lot better. :clap:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I hate the Wurzels image, I hate the image they give Bristol and I can't understand why they're so popular.

Did have some great nights in Mckluskys watching them though

I hate the Wurzels image, I hate the image they give Bristol and I can't understand why they're so popular.

One of the reasons City aint taken seriously...sorry!!

Why this obsession with said wurzels?? 20 years ago, but today??

I am shocked - and deeply distressed...

How can you say that the Wurzels are a bad image and you dont wanna see them?!

I love being called a farmer, I'm proud to come from the Westcountry and love to have the "farmer image"! and I'm pretty sure that any other city in the country know that we are not in the fields all day with Betsy the cow..

The Wurzels are quality - I'm 22 and love all of it!! Especially living in London now!

Come on, that concert should be a right laugh, a chance to laugh at ourselves - Where has our sense of humour gone?! I thought u needed one to support BCFC..!

Its worth £3.50 to see them sing Drink up ye cider before the big game...

I'm still shocked, but hey, thats the view of a young un!

I agree with you but have been slagged in the past on here for daring to say anything against the Wurzels. Basically I think they're brilliant fun, have seen them live and own one of their albums. All good for a laugh.

BUT I've never understood what they've even got to do with Bristol - a huge, modern, cosmopolitan City, devoid of farmyards, cows and tractors. AND a cultural melting pot of original and brilliant musical innovation.

But hey, each to their own :clap:

They sing of times gone by! We were all fields once! This is 70s music!

My mum, still reminds me of the times Filton was all fields, before the Mall and everything - so to her, the Wurzels do represent something!

and they sing the Bristol song etc, all to do with Bristol - AND sing songs about BCFC - loads to me which have to do with this fine city!

This is going to be quality! Get in the spirit, have some fun! We werent all born in a suit...

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"BUT I've never understood what they've even got to do with Bristol - a huge, modern, cosmopolitan City, devoid of farmyards, cows and tractors. AND a cultural melting pot of original and brilliant musical innovation. "

I was just about to say that :clap:

The Wurzels are great fun, late me state that - However I wish they weren't used as some sort of figure head for BCFC

<and they sing the Bristol song etc, all to do with Bristol - AND sing songs about BCFC - loads to me which have to do with this fine city!>

In their "One for the Bristol City", the classic lines "Spend an hour or two, In a bloody gert queue" is a reminder of so many of the big games from the mid 70s. If we want Bristolian music with a City connection, is Fred Wedlock still around?

In their "One for the Bristol City", the classic lines "Spend an hour or two, In a bloody gert queue"

At last someone with my views!! ha ha!

Just you lot wait till the Cider Gliders come on ere my lovers, then u will be in for it!

"get in the ground and sing ooh aar ooh aarr!"

Hmm, come to think of it, can we not make Louise Redknapp from Eternal the figure head of BCFC?

Shes fit, and with the way things are going "lets go round again" could be our song!

Hmm, come to think of it, can we not make Louise Redknapp from Eternal the figure head of BCFC?

Shes fit, and with the way things are going "lets go round again" could be our song!

Well I'd prefer anybody other than the Wurzels :clap:

Apart from her being more attractive to the eye, perhaps she could then persuade her husband to sign for us :P (That is of course providing he is completely over his injuries - don't want another Matthews :clap: )

Well I'd prefer anybody other than the Wurzels  :clap:

Apart from her being more attractive to the eye, perhaps she could then persuade her husband to sign for us  :P (That is of course providing he is completely over his injuries - don't want another Matthews  :clap: )

Maybe Posh spice could be up for it then...

:clap: Could someone please tell me which part of somerset / westcountry does the one with the scottish accent come from, ? also I would not expect any of them to play real instrument's at the gate as they mime on stage to backing track's or at least they do at the harvest homes !! :clap:

Shame we can't get Massive Attack instead. They did sponsor a game a number of years ago. Have the Wurzels ever done anything like that? Not criticising just interested if they support the club or not.
thought they were egg chasers and supported Bath.. Dunno if thats true - but if they arent up for it - what about Roni Size - ha ha!

:clap: Could someone please tell me which part of somerset / westcountry does the one with the scottish accent come from, ? also I would not expect any of them to play real instrument's at the gate as they mime on stage to backing track's or at least they do at the harvest homes !! :clap:

Edinburgh, North Somerset! :clap:

IMAG0005.JPG

thought they were egg chasers and supported Bath..  Dunno if thats true - but if they arent up for it - what about Roni Size - ha ha!

Massive - or at least 3D - is a well known season ticket holder at AG. Ryan Williams (Size) is a 'nominal' gas head, i.e. he doesn't really like football :clap:

thought they were egg chasers and supported Bath..  Dunno if thats true - but if they arent up for it - what about Roni Size - ha ha!
Definite BCFC links. We get a mention on their album credits - Forza Napoli and BCFC - or something like that. Robert Del Naja is the fan.

Archived