IGNORED

Red Goblin

cider head

So, to follow your line of reasoning, would you care to tell me which national newspaper said that the Leicester players are rapists?

I'm not sure I follow where removing a post with that content and banning the user for a few days can be considered petty minded bureaucracy or pc. It is merely common sense, something Red Goblin and a few others on here clearly lack at times.

So........I've got to be more careful with my wording in future so as to be more legally and politically correct or else risk another ban :ph34r: Yes it's a matter of 'semantics' dear Orj. I read most of the national newspapers and most of them carried a main headline with many column inches and pictures devoted to the allegations about the Leicester players making allegedly unwelcome sexual advances toward 3 women. I.e. RAPE allegations !!!!!!

Analysing what fct, bucksred and the BCFC sub mariners have written it's clear they see the wider picture of the threat to our freedom of speech and expression posed by lawyers. :dunno: Orj - Let us also not forget that it was the resolve and fight in Oliver staunch royalist and his men, 350 years ago, that won ordinary citizens their freedom of expression by defeating a tyrannical Scottish King that did try to cuddle the English people. Today we see many parallels with that bygone age with Scottish born lawyer 'King' Tory Blair and his cronies attempting to cuddle us by undermining our right to freedom of speech and expression.

Forgeting the half-wits that are LCFC and Tory Blair for now - let's hope that Elvis_dolman and his yellow submarine crew help torpedo Oldham today with their chanting :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thanks for your support lads.

Up the City

I read most of the national newspapers and most of them carried a main headline with many column inches and pictures devoted to the allegations about the Leicester players making allegedly unwelcome sexual advances toward 3 women. I.e. RAPE allegations !!!!!!

And there you have it, in one word, allegations. The papers reported the allegations whereas you just called the players rapists. Use the word semantics all you like but the distinction is clear.

Dearest Goblin. let us also not forget that less than 2 years after staunch royalist's death, Charles II was instated as King anyway, restoring the previous lineage and rendering staunch royalist's efforts futile. So much for winning anything...

And there you have it, in one word, allegations. The papers reported the allegations whereas you just called the players rapists. Use the word semantics all you like but the distinction is clear.

Dearest Goblin. let us also not forget that less than 2 years after staunch royalist's death, Charles II was instated as King anyway, restoring the previous lineage and rendering staunch royalist's efforts futile. So much for winning anything...

Might have been wiser to have dropped the i.e. and put a question mark after the word rape. This would be more open to interpretation as oppossed to making a statement that they are or did any such thing etc.

On the subject of the re-instatement of the ( so called ) monarchy...... yes they did and we (the peasants) have suffered for this mistake.

Probably best not to go there?

Welcome, back, fellow subversive!! Do hope you will maintain your standards on here, to annoy the PC crew and their lawywer man buddies......... :dunno:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

bucksred, I reckon it's the politically correct brigade that are the subversives and we're the ones that represent the mainstream opinion :ph34r:

Guest east_dundry_red
If this were the first time, I'd agree, but surely a line has to be drawn somewhere and no amount of discussing boots, hooligans or Oliver staunch royalist should earn someone preferential treatment when they make blatant allegations of criminal offences on here.

Treat him like an adult? I would argue that the onus is on him to behave like one first.

It's called freedon of speach. We should be able to say what we want when we want and how we want.

If we want to talk about hooligans we should be able to, if Oliver staunch royalist comes up in the conversations then let it come up. If RG wants to call Leicester players rapists then he should be able to. Lets face it if we play leicester sometime soon were going to sing songs about it. Ive allready got 3 songs lined up.

Grow up, EDR. Do you really, sincerely, think you should be able to say anything you like about whoever you like without any repurcussions or sense of responsibility.

I could upset you here and now by saying things about you which you find offensive or by making up lies or false rumours about you, it really wouldn't be that hard. Surely freedom of speech is about being able to put forward alternative views without fear of persecution and not about giving people a license to call other people who are currently presumed innocent in the eyes of the law, rapists. It really astounds me when I hear buffoons intent on causing hurt and upset to people playing the 'free speech' and 'free country' cards as these are the very same people that invariably protest when someone says something offensive about them or a member of their family or go chasing compensation for slander or libel.

Lets face it if we play leicester sometime soon were going to sing songs about it.
You might find singing songs about rape, that trivialise the whole subject, acceptable. I don't. If you had someone close to you who was a victim of a vicious rape, and I implore you to pause for a second to think about the brutal reality that rape is, then you might think twice about singing songs about it too.

Ive allready got 3 songs lined up.
Good for you. I hope you feel really big and clever. There are people out there whose lives have been destroyed by rape and other forms of brutal sexual assault that may think otherwise.

I could upset you here and now by saying things about you which you find offensive or by making up lies or false rumours about you, it really wouldn't be that hard. Surely freedom of speech is about being able to put forward alternative views without fear of persecution and not about giving people a license to call other people who are currently presumed innocent in the eyes of the law, rapists.

Three Leicester players were held in custody for a week and they have been released on bail !!!!!!! There's guilt there somewhere !!!!! The newspapers rightly picked up on the story with LCFC yet again under investigation. LCFC also defaulted on payments for their brand new stadium by going into administration - seems that this dodgy action has got them a brand new stadium for nothing. The situation at Leicester stinks and we're well within our rights to comment on them.

Like EDR I've also got several songs lined up for any game we play against the Leicester sly git foxes :angry:

Three Leicester players were held in custody for a week and they have been released on bail !!!!!!! There's guilt there somewhere !!!!!

Using your magic crystal ball, are you? There may be guilt there but the simple fact of the matter is that we don't know right now.

The newspapers rightly picked up on the story with LCFC yet again under investigation.

Yes, and at no point did they call the players rapists. They simply reported the story that there were allegations.

LCFC also defaulted on payments for their brand new stadium by going into administration - seems that this dodgy action has got them a brand new stadium for nothing.

And I had a jam sandwich on Tuesday. The relevance of this to you calling people rapists is?

The situation at Leicester stinks and we're well within our rights to comment on them.

I agree, with regard to the stadium stuff, but your pathetic attempt at trying to muddy the waters by introducing this into the argument would be laughable were we not talking about something so serious as rape.

Like EDR I've also got several songs lined up for any game we play against the Leicester  sly git foxes :angry:

Well, that makes two of you that are really big and clever then. Here's an idea why don't you both sit together and have a right little snigger with each other? Hey, you could even pretend you are in the back row at school and throw stuff at the back of people's heads just to make it feel even more realistic. Hmmm, perhaps I'm doing a disservice to schoolchildren here? Like I said before, if you had someone close to you tht was a victim of rape then you might view the idea of singing songs about it a little differently.

Guest east_dundry_red

Like I said before, if you had someone close to you tht was a victim of rape then you might view the idea of singing songs about it a little differently.

Ok well i do see your point on that one.

though i do still belive in freedom of speach. I dont think rasisum is a good thing either before you start on that but there are a fe wthings there within those laws i thinks hould be changed.

Have you ever noticed if a black person is killed by a white person its racist murder but if a black man kills a white man the media start going on about gangs.

and vice verca.

I dont like people being labeld by the colour of their skin but what i do hate is how asians and other forginers can get hand outs in this country and move here because of it. Surley we can put something into the laws banning forginers from getting benifits until they have WORKED in the country for 10 years?

People who want to immigrate into Australia have to have a profession and certificates; or those who don't have to spend a year in a camp in the tropical part (I think its an island).

Britain ought to have a similar arrangement. What with our unemployment situation and housing shortage its folly to keep on admitting hordes of unskilled and unemployable people into this country on the pretext that someone with a grudge is going to shoot them elsewhere.

If we continue to admit people regardless into this country, where will the money to pay for them going to come from ultimately? Tax payers can only tolerate so much hiking of rates to pay for their free housing, benefits and any other assistance that indigenous people in this country are denied by THEIR own government.

Its all very well feeling sorry for these people but honestly, only 5% of the political refugees are actualy genuinely political refugees; the other 95% are spongers who smell an easy way to cream money from a weak and naive government.

I dont like people being labeld by the colour of their skin but what i do hate is how asians and other forginers can get hand outs in this country and move here because of it. Surley we can put something into the laws banning forginers from getting benifits until they have WORKED in the country for 10 years?

Not all foreigners get hand outs mate beleive me, My family never did (despite serving Britain in WW2), and I have only ever claimed dole once, not all of us ponce off the state.

Just ot let people know not all of us ponce.

Thanx.

Archived