IGNORED

Red Goblin

cider head

Red card!!! I had no idea that could happen.What he do??
just had another text from goblin to as to why he was suspended..

being careful what i say here but it was in the thread of what team

are you looking foward to next season if city get to div.1, (without

going in to detail) he was looking foward to leicester city and a comment

made about their current predicament off the pitch :)

(thats if leicester get relegated and we go up :) )

Bearing in mind the current situation regarding Leicester and the legal wrangling that will be going on, I suppose its no surprise he's been sin-binned; we live today in a culture of fear, fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong people, which is purely down to the power lawyers wield.

I long for the day they are muzzled.

Its not a question of whether the three players concerned actually DID the wicked deed they are accused of, its how good their lawyers are and what loophole they can utilise to allow the three to return to England. We've seen plenty of such accusations recently in connection with footballers and not one has yet been found guilty by law of doing it.

Which either goes I suppose to show that people have it in for innocent footballers or that footballers lawyers are the best there are.

Allegedly.

I'd better cover things here by saying my views do not in any way represent Bristol City FC; they are purely my own views. There, that should do it. Lawyers wouldn't prosecute me as there's no money in it but a club is much more of a likely target so its no surprise RG has been suspended for BCFC's concern that some money/headline-grabbing lawyer might sue the club.

just had another text from goblin to as to why he was suspended..

made about their current predicament off the pitch :D

(thats if leicester get relegated and we go up  :D  )

You what!!!! :):):D:D

Is it still ok to think anymore?? For Fox sake, whatever next?? :D:D

No criticsm of team/manager/board/Govt????????????????????????? :D:):)

made about their current predicament off the pitch

banned for that - what a sad age we live in - land of the free - I don't think so

Why not just delete the offensive post and mail a personal message advising of the dodgy content. The papers have already published the allegations and done the story to death so why the heavy-handed attitude.

RG has provided a large amount of quality posts and stimulated a lot of reasoned debate on this forum(as well as teaching me all I need to know about Oliver staunch royalist )so why treat him like an imbecile.

Yours disgusted

because those responsible for the forum could be held responsible in law for it's content - would you be willing to go to court for something someone else said.

RG obviously crossed the legal line that many of us don't fully appreciate(allegedly) so has to be slapped on the wrist - no more than that.

Like I said ,delete the post and advise by PM that he's out of order.Treat him like an adult,not like a naughty boy.
If this were the first time, I'd agree, but surely a line has to be drawn somewhere and no amount of discussing boots, hooligans or Oliver staunch royalist should earn someone preferential treatment when they make blatant allegations of criminal offences on here.

Treat him like an adult? I would argue that the onus is on him to behave like one first.

In that case ban every national newspaper.It's all public domain for Christ's sake.

Oh my God I'll probably get banned for blasphemy now.

This kind of petty minded bureaucracy is all that's bad in this politically correct society. :)

So, to follow your line of reasoning, would you care to tell me which national newspaper said that the Leicester players are rapists?

I'm not sure I follow where removing a post with that content and banning the user for a few days can be considered petty minded bureaucracy or pc. It is merely common sense, something Red Goblin and a few others on here clearly lack at times.

I don't wish to get dragged into the semantics of the wording of the text,my suggestion was purely that a PM giving a warning as to content of the posting should be a more appropriate to modify future behaviour.

Good night for now.

Like I said, I would agree if it were the first time. The fact that is isn't shows that, in RG's case, that isn't a solution.

Goodnight.

Archived