IGNORED

Phil Jevons

i_am_red

Have been very critical of him but today I thought he played well and showed class, unlucky not to score after a great save from their keeper and selfless play to set up showumni. Hopefully this may be the start of a good patch of form as it's obvious he plays better with a big man!

Have been very critical of him but today I thought he played well and showed class, unlucky not to score after a great save from their keeper and selfless play to set up showumni. Hopefully this may be the start of a good patch of form as it's obvious he plays better with a big man!

i completely disagree with that statement, Jevons was awful today, he makes it look good by moving about alot on the pitch, he should have buried the 1 chance he had, i feel a spell in the reserves or somewhere where he can recapture the goal scoring ability would do his confidence the power of good.

i completely disagree with that statement, Jevons was awful today, he makes it look good by moving about alot on the pitch, he should have buried the 1 chance he had, i feel a spell in the reserves or somewhere where he can recapture the goal scoring ability would do his confidence the power of good.

I completely disagree with your statement, Jevons was NOT awful today.

He made the keeper work when a chance came his way.

He did great to give Enoch the chance to put us in front.

I'm not saying he is brilliant, but i do think we are going to see alot more from him. Its been hard for Jevons to play along side JMW, but today with Enoch his overall performance was anything but awful!

Apart from setting up the goal I think he was awful.

The chance he had was as clear cut as any and any average striker in this League (Vernon, Porter, Fallon, The Chief, Hall etc) would have burried it.

He needs something to boost his confidence in front of goal because he was shocking today.

Another negative is his bottling out of challenges.

I'd say more often than not today, Gillingham were able to break at us due to Jevons bottling out of a very winnable 50/50 challenge.

He simply turns his back, jumps and sticks in a heel, and its pathetic.

Personally tackling is part of the fun of football so god knows what hes thinking.

I'd say more often than not today, Gillingham were able to break at us due to Jevons bottling out of a very winnable 50/50 challenge.

Personally tackling is part of the fun of football so god knows what hes thinking.

But can i just underline "We Won Today".............

And now time to....... :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Are you sure your not talking about lee johnson????

because when it comes to bottling tackles lees your man

Jevons did very well for Enoch's goal but other than that he was poor.

I think he is not an "out & out" forward as he is certainly not the bravest, he is abysmal in the air and generally does not look like scoring in open play.

What really annoys me is how easy it is to brush him off the ball, at this level you need your forwards to be strong and willing to run through brick walls, lightweight clever players MIGHT do well in a higher standard with better players around them, but at the moment Jevons is nowhere near the standard required.

Apart from setting up the goal I think he was awful.

The chance he had was as clear cut as any and any average striker in this League (Vernon, Porter, Fallon, The Chief, Hall etc) would have burried it.

He needs something to boost his confidence in front of goal because he was shocking today.

Before he was getting slated for not getting into the shooting positions, now hes getting slated for getting in them, with the keeper making a brilliant save :dunno:

There's no pleasing some people.

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves

Jevons worked his socks off today.

Didn't impress so much on the left early on, but when he went more central, he was prepared to run at the Gills defence & we looked far more threatening.

Before he was getting slated for not getting into the shooting positions, now hes getting slated for getting in them, with the keeper making a brilliant save :dunno:

There's no pleasing some people.

I am quite confident that if he scores a hattrick he will please everyone.

Alas, Jevons scoring a hattrick is as likely as me getting asked out by Nicole Kidman.

I completely disagree with your statement, Jevons was NOT awful today.

He made the keeper work when a chance came his way.

He did great to give Enoch the chance to put us in front.

I'm not saying he is brilliant, but i do think we are going to see alot more from him. Its been hard for Jevons to play along side JMW, but today with Enoch his overall performance was anything but awful!

Au Contraire, mon ami...he was his usual indifferent self today. compared to Showumni he was poor. Enoch isnt even fully match fit, and made Jevo look very average.

Are you sure your not talking about lee johnson????

because when it comes to bottling tackles lees your man

Spot on that man, Citys other weak player today.

I think Johnson put himself about today, remember hes a foot shorter than the others.

He certainly goes up for, and wins, more headers than Jevo and does more tackling than that fairy Russell.

Johnso kept fulling on his ass, if approached with intent. sorry for me he was our worst player by miles. hopefully noble will be back ASAP!, but cant see that happenening any time soon, sadly :(

Kin falling. sorry!

Until we get closure on the st----t farce, so called fans will nit pick at jevons and also the johnsons and generally have digs at the team, what is it some sort of crusade, mission,i don't know ,but there are some unhappy bunnies around that wont shut up until jevons the johnsons are gone and the above restored to the team, thats the way i see it. I for one will be glad when it is sorted and we can watch the boys and give an unbias view of the game without the st----t factor...

We have a midfielder already taller than johnson, quicker than Johnson, can pass as well as Johnson, can actually score goals and tackle, plus, quoted by GJ as being very close to selection. Thats Frankie Artus, and the only thing keeping him from selection is his surname.

Guest MaccaJK

agree.

the blokes been on bad form thats just it, it happens to all players. although i thought yesterday was still below par i can see a definate improvement. superb play to set up enoch aswell.

:city::city: I thought Jevo had one of his best games for us, he worked really hard, but is not going to create a great deal, when at one stage he was back covering for McAllister.He is too often too deep and lacks pace to then make sure he is in the danger zone.Enoch was ok, but obviously needs match fitness.

The problem today was in midfield.Skuse was ok, Myrie-Williams is the new Marvin Brown, Johnson was the joint worst player on the park with th equally abysmal Russell. We were totally overran at times and Johnson seemed incapable of finding another red shirt, while Russell must have spent half the game spinning about to see where the ball ended up after it skewed off his boots.

I'm keep coming back to this theme, and whilst I appreciate and to an extent agree with the clamour for wide men and another striker, I think our momentum could be undone on mid-winter pitches with such lightweight central midfielders.We need some grit ala Tommy at his peak.

Still 3-1 playing indifferently aint too bad, bet this would all read differently bar those 2 late goals!!!!!

I thought he was weak again today apart from one excellent bit of skil to set up Enoch, to me he's a player waiting to be dropped.

Archived