IGNORED

The Lesser Spotted Ms(has It Been Seen)

Greener

A few days have passed now since he's been back,has anyone seen him yet,at the training ground or at AG?

No gossip,no sightings,it seems to have gone a bit quiet,could he be off somewhere else?.Personally i wont be loosing to much sleep if he doe'snt sign,i'll thank him for what he did in the few months he was with us,but it's not the be all and end all that he signs,think we'll survive in our 2nd season of Div 1,and see what happens next year. :farmer:

A few days have passed now since he's been back,has anyone seen him yet,at the training ground or at AG?

No gossip,no sightings,it seems to have gone a bit quiet,could he be off somewhere else?.Personally i wont be loosing to much sleep if he doe'snt sign,i'll thank him for what he did in the few months he was with us,but it's not the be all and end all that he signs,think we'll survive in our 2nd season of Div 1,and see what happens next year. :farmer:

Think you,ll see a decision by the end of the week Greener, or at worse early next.

Will sign for a club and train with them untill he can play in Jan.

And that club?

Yeovil.........

Think you,ll see a decision by the end of the week Greener, or at worse early next.

Will sign for a club and train with them untill he can play in Jan.

And that club?

Yeovil.........

well.....according to my friend........gone within 48hrs............no further comment

great shame - shabbily handled with MS poorly treated

Poorly treated? If I was a manager of a business and someone told me I did not have a clue what I was doing and tried to undermine me in front of other staff I know what I would do-show them the door..........

Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson have once again got it right and dealt with the situation impeccably.

well.....according to my friend........gone within 48hrs............no further comment

yes he will sign for us this week thats why he is not playing for your reserves against us today and this is taken from the western daily press

The Glovers are also hoping to finally tie up a deal which will bring Marcus Stewart to Huish Park from Bristol City later this week.

yes he will sign for us this week thats why he is not playing for your reserves against us today and this is taken from the western daily press

The Glovers are also hoping to finally tie up a deal which will bring Marcus Stewart to Huish Park from Bristol City later this week.

Excellent-the sooner Marcus is off our wage bill the better.

Poorly treated? If I was a manager of a business and someone told me I did not have a clue what I was doing and tried to undermine me in front of other staff I know what I would do-show them the door..........

Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson have once again got it right and dealt with the situation impeccably.

I wouldn't agree with the second part of your post but the first part is absolutely spot on.

The question you need to ask though, is why did he say what he is supposed to have said ? there had to be a good reason........ surely, ......what if there were others involved ? would they not be trying to undermine the manager as well ? just a thought.

spot on.........just look at the team now the trouble makers have been booted out the club, we have a team now who want to win for each other! and look how we are doing now! Good Work Johnson........keep it up!

But if it was more than one person saying this to you, would you just pick out who you wanted to stay and get rid of the others???

Would not agree with any of Hudd post. This could and should have been dealt with much better- so Marcus questioned a manager who delivered 9 straight defeats and made some very dodgy loan signings- if what he said was out of order he should have been fined and dealt with and then everyone could have moved on. He wasn't so it could not have been that bad. Double standards that have seen players go to jail and yet be welcomed back, while one who has the audacity to question GJ is frozen out- if that's not shabby don't know what is....not arguing against the treatment of the former just the very poor handling of the latter.

If Marcus does go I for one wish him well and frankly from the comments made by some on here he is probably better off at a club where he is wanted.

G.J. & M.S. come out of this poorly.S.L.though I fear along with our club and its fans is the real loser.Bust-ups occur all over the country in all types of businesses every day of the week,invariably an issue of passion,desire,or commitment can fuel such situations. A professional competitive sport is inevitably prone to such an event much more so than the routine of trades and activities that we mortal posters are involved with.

That S.L.had neither the ability himself or foresight to employ professionals with skills in conflict resolution is alarming for a business the size of which he heads.That we were then denied a real opportunity of making last seasons play-offs through fielding some of the most bizarre striker selections in the history of our club riddiculed and excaserbated the situation to pantomine levels.Insulting paying fans with mis-truths such as "I've no problem with Marcus"has I believe weakened G.J.'s standing when the over whelming need was to heal the wounds and to get back on the same page and score some goals.

The fact that for some its now become all about wages simply clouds the real situation,moving up a division is essential and with it comes another million in revenue.S.L. passionately craves that step yet sadly it is his legacy that he failed to grasp the nettle when it was most needed in maximising all the resources available within our club.

Steve Lansdown and Gary Johnson have once again got it right ...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha har ha ha ha hrharharharhahahahahahaha hahahaha haha

hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah...ahem...sorry..ha ha...I do apologise.

Let me re read that one more time 'Steve Lansdown has once again got it ri....hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.......sob

G.J. & M.S. come out of this poorly.S.L.though I fear along with our club and its fans is the real loser.Bust-ups occur all over the country in all types of businesses every day of the week,invariably an issue of passion,desire,or commitment can fuel such situations. A professional competitive sport is inevitably prone to such an event much more so than the routine of trades and activities that we mortal posters are involved with.

That S.L.had neither the ability himself or foresight to employ professionals with skills in conflict resolution is alarming for a business the size of which he heads.That we were then denied a real opportunity of making last seasons play-offs through fielding some of the most bizarre striker selections in the history of our club riddiculed and excaserbated the situation to pantomine levels.Insulting paying fans with mis-truths such as "I've no problem with Marcus"has I believe weakened G.J.'s standing when the over whelming need was to heal the wounds and to get back on the same page and score some goals.

The fact that for some its now become all about wages simply clouds the real situation,moving up a division is essential and with it comes another million in revenue.S.L. passionately craves that step yet sadly it is his legacy that he failed to grasp the nettle when it was most needed in maximising all the resources available within our club.

Well said Lotus, that is probably one of the most honest and most sensible postings I have read on this forum for a long time, you have got it spot on mate, we (the Fans) are going to be the losers..... again, don't forget, one day Johnson will be gone, so will Lansdown, we wont !!!!!

You say that SL did not have the foresight to employ professionals ( but presume you mean Johnson?)with skills in conflict resolution for a business the size of which he heads, and I also presume you are referring to the Bristol City business here. If so, then tell me what skills training football managers get in personnel matters? I worked for a major UK Financial Services Business and had training left right and centre on compliance, sales skills etc. etc, but never once received any personnel management training so when it came to managing conflict situations it was down to what I thought best and confesss to having handled one situation badly, although at the time I genuinely thougth I was doing the right thing. We are talking about football managers and their "professional" experience is usually having been footballers, and learning their trade at football clubs and picking experience up from other football managrs, none of whom have had any training either. I doubt that many will have Business Studies Degrees or qualification in Personnel Management.

Using your argument you could ask the same of, say, Martin Edwards, the then Chairman of Man U, who appointed Ferguson. So how good was Ferguson's conflict resolution when he read what Jap Stamm printed about him in his autobiography? He transferred him out ASAP despite the fact that Stamm was arguably one of the best defenders in the prem, let alone Man U at the time . They couldn't replace him and Man U's performance went downhill thereafter. Not exactly a good example of conflict resolution, but do you doubt Ferguson's ability to be a successful manager or Edwards' to be a sucessful Chairman at that time? I don't think so.

You are absolutely right that noone comes out of this smelling of roses. However, when this situation first blew up I think that Johnson was trying hard to instill discipline and this was the firdt true test of his authority. If he had been seen in anyway to back down against Stewart he could/would have lost all authority in the dressing room and would have struggled to regain it, as Stewart's presence alone would continue to undermine him, and he would have become virtualy a lame duck. In hindsight it probably could have been handled better, and I am sorry that Stewart has suffered the consequence the way he has. However, Managers do make mistakes, but making mistakes is only a problem if you keep making the same ones time and again.

In closing , and to put Johnson's position context I remember a plaque in the office of a solicitor I used to deal with, and it said...

There are only 2 rules in this office.

Rule 1: The boss is always right.

Rule 2: When the boss is wrong , rule 1 applies.

We might not like it, but most of us know that in real life that's the reality and the reality that Marcus forgot when he decided to take on Johnson a year ago. As I've said before, Marcus has been round the block as a footballer, so must know the facts of life and that when there is dispute between a manager and player there is invariably only one winner,( see the Stamm v Ferguson example above for proof). In view of this, I am still surprised at his naivety, whatever his original justification may have been.

Would not agree with any of Hudd post. This could and should have been dealt with much better- so Marcus questioned a manager who delivered 9 straight defeats and made some very dodgy loan signings- if what he said was out of order he should have been fined and dealt with and then everyone could have moved on. He wasn't so it could not have been that bad. Double standards that have seen players go to jail and yet be welcomed back, while one who has the audacity to question GJ is frozen out- if that's not shabby don't know what is....not arguing against the treatment of the former just the very poor handling of the latter.

If Marcus does go I for one wish him well and frankly from the comments made by some on here he is probably better off at a club where he is wanted.

Absolutely correct - neither party comes out of this sad affair well but on balance I think MS handled the situation better than GJ.

MS has scored goals in our division but his " better " replacement scored just one ( by accident ) and currently doesn't have a club.

Still not convinced that the GJ ego is good for our club.

We will see I guess !

Whooppeee Doooooooooooooooooo

Who,s the next player to get a hard time arsehole?

Thanks for the personal insult, very childish.

I'm sure more than enough people would have jumped down my neck if my comments had been in-correct, so why not the opposite

Thanks for the personal insult, very childish.

I'm sure more than enough people would have jumped down my neck if my comments had been in-correct, so why not the opposite

Cant stand the gloating.

Like your proud of thewhole situation.

That aint what Bristol City fans should be about.

Anyway, your choice, and tomorrows another day.

Pleased its all TBH

Cant stand the gloating.

Like your proud of thewhole situation.

That aint what Bristol City fans should be about.

Anyway, your choice, and tomorrows another day.

Pleased its all TBH

not gloating, just glad the situation has finally been resolved in a correct and respectable manner, the team will move forward without him

I am a fan of Bristol City Football Club, no one player is bigger than the club, you have made a great big deal about the player and have created endless threads about him on a regular basis and had no doubt more to say about him than anyone else on here.

move on, it's just one player.....more players will come here and not do the business in the future, it's football

not gloating, just glad the situation has finally been resolved in a correct and respectable manner, the team will move forward without him

I am a fan of Bristol City Football Club, no one player is bigger than the club, you have made a great big deal about the player and have created endless threads about him on a regular basis and had no doubt more to say about him than anyone else on here.

move on, it's just one player.....more players will come here and not do the business in the future, it's football

I aint knocking that, more to say about him maybe more than most agree.

Endless threads, yes........endless replys by yourselve to be honest.

I hope your right that the club will move on without him.

I WANT THE CLUB TO MOVE ON WITHOUT HIM.

HE AINT BEEN APART OF THE CLUB FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS ANYWAY.

Thats why close this subforum down NOW, because things will/do get personall.

only person getting personal is yourself, perhaps if you aren't happy with what is happening you should walk away and leave it for a few hours to cool down and compose yourself

Why?

I don't get hot headed untill people irratate.

Compose myself? School teacher by any chance?

Mate i don't know what you do for a living but come and have a couple days with me in the building trade.

Full of composed clever and strong men to be honest.

Why?

I don't get hot headed untill people irratate.

Compose myself? School teacher by any chance?

Mate i don't know what you do for a living but come and have a couple days with me in the building trade.

Full of composed clever and strong men to be honest.

Be the bigger person if he's irritating you.

If theres a good reason, report him to the mods. If not, have a little self respect and don't resort to personal insults.

Thankyou Mum..... :rolleyes:

Hard though.............Arn

just for the record? I made a simple statement and you have responded to personal abuse and swearing via PM? I have no clue where/why this has happened?

as for other guy said, no need for Personal Abuse?

Archived