IGNORED

I've Seen The Future Of Football...

no_merde

Yes, I'm going to phone thousands of strangers, what a brilliant suggestion. Maybe you could work for the UN and sort out Iraq. Tool.

The phone call is to the ticket office at Bristol City to book your seat in the same area of the ground :rolleyes: If individuals generally care so much about sitting together they won't mind being pro-active and doing something to ensure this can happen.

The clubs stance is that the Atyeo is where us "like minded people" should gather. The Atyeo is virtually full of season ticket holders, making it hard to provide a realistic space.
Who suggested the Atyeo?

Over the past 3 years the subbers have tried to utilise an empty block in the Williams, a nearly empty block in the Dolman and neither area has attracted an open East End does. I have remained in the Williams, and we could fit hundreds in E and F block. It wont happen because (1.) The club wont want such an area next to away fans and (2.) So close to the tranquillity of the premier club.

Don't really see how they can stop you(see point one)

" constant insults of our Chaiman"

If he ran the club better I'm sure he would not receive so much criticism.

You mean if he let you get your own way he would'nt receive so much criticism :doh:

"and other forum users."

Those that fish deserve all they get.

Is that what your doing Mr Moomin 'giving me what I deserve' :rofl2br: Just for the record I hate fishing and I thought my original post was reasonably sensible,shame you have to decend to name calling again :disapointed2se:

The phone call is to the ticket office at Bristol City to book your seat in the same area of the ground :rolleyes: If individuals generally care so much about sitting together they won't mind being pro-active and doing something to ensure this can happen.

People don't want to move, unless it is to the East End. I heartily agree with this stance

Who suggested the Atyeo?

I think "The clubs stance" my give a clue there.

Don't really see how they can stop you(see point one)

By refusing to sell tickets or swap tickets. This has happend for various areas in the past 3 years.

You mean if he let you get your own way he would'nt receive so much criticism :doh:

Really, lets forget the badge situation for example, and a host of others, some far more worrying.

Is that what your doing Mr Moomin 'giving me what I deserve' :rofl2br:

I find your nitpicking contempable, you make wide ranging assumptions and present them as facts, while not knowing what you're on about.

Just for the record I hate fishing and I thought my original post was reasonably sensible,shame you have to decend to name calling again :disapointed2se:

Sensible? More like ill informed opinion

....One more thing, its often quoted on here that the Supporters Club exists solely to provide & donate money for Bristol City FC, thats fine but like all football clubs nowadays BCFC is a business (not unlike cinemas/theatres etc its an entertainment business & they get all their funding by providing services their customers want -unlike football clubs they don't get extras donated to them out of sentiment & loyalty) so what would be wrong in asking that some of the (extra)money raised by Bristol City Supporters and donated to the 'business' side of the club be used to offset the percieved 'extra costs' involved in providing what so many of its customers want...ie Access to the EAST END?...

That's a very good point. I'm not a member of the Drinkers Club but if I were I would be asking "Why is my money going to the business of BCFC and what do I get for it?".

Perhaps SC members should ask that their money is used to offset the cost of opening up the EE as you suggest.

Hello Gents, Millwall fan here.

Always respected you lot, proper football club, proper fans and proper ground.

I am interested to see that you seem to have the same problem as everyone else nowdays..........non existant atmosphere and going to the football is boring and not what it was.

I know times change but we go to the football for three main reasons

- To watch and support our team

- For the atmosphere and buzz that only football can produce

- To get away from the misses! (joke)

Without the second point, football just isnt the same.

Chelsea is the biggest example of what is wrong with football......on and off the pitch.

I am surprised Bristol has this problem as everytime ive been there, the atmosphere has been quality, proper old skool.

But then again, that brings into play the taboo subject of without the so called 'lads' the football atmosphere we all love is not there.

Seriously, ask yourself, is the atmosphere always better at a game that is 'lively' shall we say?

It certainly is at Millwall.

Good luck in your campaign for a better atmosphere chaps...........

It'll be quality for you visit Mr Life.

It's true to say without a bit of needle it becomes abit sterile, however I wouldn't say a tense atmosphere is strictly needed to produce a good atmosphere.

I hope so mate, the 2001 game was electric.

Sometimes a nothing match produce's a good atmosphere, i agree.

Can't wait for 16 Dec, i love Bristol away!!!

Hello Gents, Millwall fan here.

Always respected you lot, proper football club, proper fans and proper ground.

I am interested to see that you seem to have the same problem as everyone else nowdays..........non existant atmosphere and going to the football is boring and not what it was.

I know times change but we go to the football for three main reasons

- To watch and support our team

- For the atmosphere and buzz that only football can produce

- To get away from the misses! (joke)

Without the second point, football just isnt the same.

Chelsea is the biggest example of what is wrong with football......on and off the pitch.

I am surprised Bristol has this problem as everytime ive been there, the atmosphere has been quality, proper old skool.

But then again, that brings into play the taboo subject of without the so called 'lads' the football atmosphere we all love is not there.

Seriously, ask yourself, is the atmosphere always better at a game that is 'lively' shall we say?

It certainly is at Millwall.

Good luck in your campaign for a better atmosphere chaps...........

I posted this message after we played Forest away back in October . You can guarantee that the one game we will have a good atmosphere at this season , we be against you lot .

All the media coverage about the after match shenigans on Saturday , show just how much we 've changed as a football supporting society.

I can remember Mounted Police charging the Park End ( was it against Luton ? ) pitched battles in the park , serious trouble in the Williams car park , chants of Aberfan in the 70s when we played Cardiff ,Firebombs against Millwall etc. I am not saying those things were right or wrong .But I will tell you one thing - no one ever said The Gate was a morgue then .

Now ,one pub gets done over and everyone acts like their ashamed of our club . Well I am not .The authorities can do all they want to try and get rid of Football violence . But it will always rear it's head , when the police are not on the ball at a high profile game .It's a fact of life .

The people who get on their high horses and condemn others , are the same who always moan that the Gate is too quiet and lacking atmosphere .

As an example , which 3 home games will we have a decent atmosphere at this season? Millwall , The Jacks and Forest . Which 3 games have the highest risk of public disorder ?

And before anyone says they want to take their kids to football in safety without fear of violence , so do I .

I have 2 teenage daughters that have been going down the Gate , since they were 5 years old . But I know which games to take them to and which ones to avoid . They have n't been to The Vetch on a cold , wet Tuesday night . I have . It's called common sense.

Caldicot Red.

I posted this message after we played Forest away back in October . You can guarantee that the one game we will have a good atmosphere at this season , we be against you lot .

All the media coverage about the after match shenigans on Saturday , show just how much we 've changed as a football supporting society.

I can remember Mounted Police charging the Park End ( was it against Luton ? ) pitched battles in the park , serious trouble in the Williams car park , chants of Aberfan in the 70s when we played Cardiff ,Firebombs against Millwall etc. I am not saying those things were right or wrong .But I will tell you one thing - no one ever said The Gate was a morgue then .

Now ,one pub gets done over and everyone acts like their ashamed of our club . Well I am not .The authorities can do all they want to try and get rid of Football violence . But it will always rear it's head , when the police are not on the ball at a high profile game .It's a fact of life .

The people who get on their high horses and condemn others , are the same who always moan that the Gate is too quiet and lacking atmosphere .

As an example , which 3 home games will we have a decent atmosphere at this season? Millwall , The Jacks and Forest . Which 3 games have the highest risk of public disorder ?

And before anyone says they want to take their kids to football in safety without fear of violence , so do I .

I have 2 teenage daughters that have been going down the Gate , since they were 5 years old . But I know which games to take them to and which ones to avoid . They have n't been to The Vetch on a cold , wet Tuesday night . I have . It's called common sense.

Caldicot Red.

Agree 100% mate.

I take my kids to some games but wouldn't even think of taking them to Bristol.....is that bad? No, of course not. My old dear took me to some mental games when i was younger, did i ever get hurt, no, did my family ever moan about it, no because that is football!

The fact that every week was different, every game different, every club different, every ground different and every set of fans different made football what it was, now it is being ruined by the health and safety nazis, the police and big business.

It's too short notice now, but for the Millwall match the fans should've aimed to get in the ground about 20 minutes before kick off, and they should kill the ###### tanoy, and have 15 minutes of City songs v Millwall songs on terraces.

It would be class.

Guaranteed to get the atmosphere going, and would get everyone into the right frame of mind....and we wouldn't have to listen to any ###### piped pop shit music.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of opening the East End there are clearly a large number of supporters (2,000 I believe have signed the petition) who want to have it opened. The board simply cannot ignore 2,000 people unless it fancies losing potentially in the region of £700,000 per season in income. Even if it is impossible for the board to open the East End at present (say, on Police advice) then surely they need to set aside a couple of it's staff to look into this problem and see if they can find a workable alternative. What is annoying many is that the party line seems to be "it isn't opening, get on with it". That is not sensible customer relations, in fact it is bloody suicidal and just about sums up what we have come to expect from our football club.

Before certain people reply, I have no intention of going in the East End myself as it currently stands but can see the point of the 2,000 people who have signed this petition and want to drum up some atmosphere in Ashton Gate. We support a football club that treats it's customers pretty poorly overall if you look at things and it would not go amiss if Mr Sextone ignored the non-existent prawn sandwich market that he is trying to attract into the Premier Club (why didn't he wait until we attained a decent standard of football) and instead focus his attentions on a market that is OUT THERE AND WANTS TO COME TO ASHTON GATE.

Agree 100% mate.

I take my kids to some games but wouldn't even think of taking them to Bristol.....is that bad? No, of course not. My old dear took me to some mental games when i was younger, did i ever get hurt, no, did my family ever moan about it, no because that is football!

The fact that every week was different, every game different, every club different, every ground different and every set of fans different made football what it was, now it is being ruined by the health and safety nazis, the police and big business.

You lot got any travel restrictions or ticketing restrictions for the game on the 16th ? How many do you expect to bring down ?

Really looking forward to it .

Caldicot Red.

You lot got any travel restrictions or ticketing restrictions for the game on the 16th ? How many do you expect to bring down ?

Really looking forward to it .

Caldicot Red.

Well, except for the change of KO, only the usual.

Every Millwall away game is all ticket and members only. To be a member, you have to be police checked, provide proof of residence, passport etc etc.

It has done nothing to stop trouble or our firm, all it has done has p1ssed people off. Most Millwall fans accept that our 'boys' are part of the club and no one wants the pathetic members thing.

I think we'll bring 700 ish...........the club is in utter turmoil, on and off the pitch and people have had enough.

On the pitch we really are dogsh1t, gutless as well as clueless. Should be an easy win for you.

Well, except for the change of KO, only the usual.

Every Millwall away game is all ticket and members only. To be a member, you have to be police checked, provide proof of residence, passport etc etc.

It has done nothing to stop trouble or our firm, all it has done has p1ssed people off. Most Millwall fans accept that our 'boys' are part of the club and no one wants the pathetic members thing.

I think we'll bring 700 ish...........the club is in utter turmoil, on and off the pitch and people have had enough.

On the pitch we really are dogsh1t, gutless as well as clueless. Should be an easy win for you.

The thing is , when the media etc say the "lads" are n't real fans they are talking b0110x. Went to Colchester a few years back where we got stuffed 4-0 . Saw a well known City lad there - he would n't have been there for anything other than watching City , as there was n't anything happening off the pitch .

Can 't believe the grief you lot go through to follow your club . Armchair football "fans" will never understand . Like you said , it's a way of Life.

Caldicot Red.

don't know if you lads have seen this but i think this video sums it up nicely

That sums it up nicely.

The sad thing is, kids these days havent ever known what it was like to be stood on terracing, where the only people who were in seats, were the team on the bench and the few rich people in the 'posh' stands, and where singing, chanting and goading the opposition were (almost) actively encouraged. They only know the sterile, crap atmosphere served up now, by chairman who are more interested in making money than pleasing fans, and if the football's crap they can just watch the latest 'stars' from the Prem on Sky.

I have been spat at by opposing fans, chased by Police dogs and abused verbally by other fans when I was younger, and I loved every minute of it. I have never been, or never will be a 'hooligan' as such, but there is a shatload of difference between vociferous support and actually fighting. Its just a matter of when the people who CAN change things wake up to these facts. I wont hold my breath though.

That sums it up nicely.

The sad thing is, kids these days havent ever known what it was like to be stood on terracing, where the only people who were in seats, were the team on the bench and the few rich people in the 'posh' stands, and where singing, chanting and goading the opposition were (almost) actively encouraged. They only know the sterile, crap atmosphere served up now, by chairman who are more interested in making money than pleasing fans, and if the football's crap they can just watch the latest 'stars' from the Prem on Sky.

I have been spat at by opposing fans, chased by Police dogs and abused verbally by other fans when I was younger, and I loved every minute of it. I have never been, or never will be a 'hooligan' as such, but there is a shatload of difference between vociferous support and actually fighting. Its just a matter of when the people who CAN change things wake up to these facts. I wont hold my breath though.

Spot on RED4LIFE! :chant6ez:

To be honest, it's only the memory of how football once was....and the hope that football may one day be able to recreate that :pray: ......that keeps me going to games now.

Archived