IGNORED

1 Man = Massive Difference Today

cheshire_red

good thing at the moment is that Enoch/Jevons are playing well at the moment and getting goals, which means we can ease brooker back into the team, alot of games have been played recently so this week is good for all as they can have a few days good rest and re-group for the saturday game, whether that is too soon for Brooker we will see, but in the meantime it is good that Jennison is also getting a rest now

Was you at the match snake?? Oh no you are going by what was said on the radio :rolleyes: Brooks was the difference in the game yesterday my mum was listening to the commentary and she said they said just that on there too so you must have pretended you didn't hear that bit or something :dunno: Trust me i was there and he was the difference. If he would have been bought on any earlier i reckon we may well have come away with all 3 points.

Oh yes, forgot.. you go to every game don't you, so you're by far the more loyal supporter... silly me. If you're so right, why isn't anyone backing you up? :dunno: I'd much rather believe will, who doesn't have such a biased view of brooker, than you who obviouly does. And he actually was at the game. Get over yourself sarah, you're wrong, admit to it for once.

No doubt if brooker was to leave in the jan window you would stop posting all together.

Oh yes, forgot.. you go to every game don't you, so you're by far the more loyal supporter... silly me. If you're so right, why isn't anyone backing you up? :dunno: I'd much rather believe will, who doesn't have such a biased view of brooker, than you who obviouly does. And he actually was at the game. Get over yourself sarah, you're wrong, admit to it for once.

No doubt if brooker was to leave in the jan window you would stop posting all together.

Can somebody make me a TeamBrooker signature?

No because i will always be a Bristol City Supporter no matter what happens.

I think you will find this thread wasan't even started by me so obv other people DO think the same. He was the difference yesterday which is why he needs to start on Saturday!!!

Shouldn't you be doing the dishes or ironing?

Football..........its not for girls.

Oh is that right? I think you will find i can do the dishes and ironing and go to football. Being a woman i can multi task ;)

good thing at the moment is that Enoch/Jevons are playing well at the moment and getting goals, which means we can ease brooker back into the team, alot of games have been played recently so this week is good for all as they can have a few days good rest and re-group for the saturday game, whether that is too soon for Brooker we will see, but in the meantime it is good that Jennison is also getting a rest now

Yeah Jennison does need a rest that is for sure. I think the best system up front is Brooks/Jevons with Enoch outwide as proved when Brooks came on yesterday. If only it would have been done sooner we could have sneaked a win. I really hope GJ starts with this on Saturday.

No because i will always be a Bristol City Supporter no matter what happens.

I think you will find this thread wasan't even started by me so obv other people DO think the same. He was the difference yesterday which is why he needs to start on Saturday!!!

Yes, but since you've started your defence on the matter, no one has backed you up, and i'm sure you would of started a post about it if no one else already did. So i'll say again, on this arguement you're wrong.

Yeah Jennison does need a rest that is for sure. I think the best system up front is Brooks/Jevons with Enoch outwide as proved when Brooks came on yesterday. If only it would have been done sooner we could have sneaked a win. I really hope GJ starts with this on Saturday.

Well he may be resting but thats due to the injury he has in his groin.

Yes, but since you've started your defence on the matter, no one has backed you up, and i'm sure you would of started a post about it if no one else already did. So i'll say again, on this arguement you're wrong.

Yes but you weren't even at the game so you are not even in a position to judge whether i am right or wong. I'm right anyway the system that was played when Brooks came on needs to be what we start with against Millwall.

Yes but you weren't even at the game so you are not even in a position to judge whether i am right or wong. I'm right anyway the system that was played when Brooks came on needs to be what we start with against Millwall.

Yes, you're right on that respect and i'm sure everyone else thinks the same so i wouldnt get to carried away. and i'm judging my opinion on Wills comments like i already told you. And i still say you're wrong :rolleyes: (which you are)

Yes, you're right on that respect and i'm sure everyone else thinks the same so i wouldnt get to carried away. and i'm judging my opinion on Wills comments like i already told you. And i still say you're wrong :rolleyes: (which you are)

I am afraid i am right and that is the system we will need to be playing if we want promotion this season.

He did make the difference. You can quote as much rubbish as you like mate. If you don't agree you can't have been watching the match with your eyes open.

"If you don't agree you can't have been watching the match with your eyes open. " - stupid comment.

Start respecting other people's opinions even if you don't agree with them. The point I was making (if you look at the EPost site) was they they have credited Brooks with the goal. :disapointed2se:

"If you don't agree you can't have been watching the match with your eyes open. " - stupid comment.

Start respecting other people's opinions even if you don't agree with them. The point I was making (if you look at the EPost site) was they they have credited Brooks with the goal. :disapointed2se:

Yeah the same way people should do with my opinions!!

Ha ha yeah ive just seen that. I do appologise i thought you were being sarcastic towards me.

I am afraid i am right and that is the system we will need to be playing if we want promotion this season.

Brooker played well yesterday, and his presence on the pitch inspired his team mates and caused rotherham difficulties, he held the ball up well. Enoch also started to have a bigger impression on the game moving to the right. Brown isn't 100% and that showed.

Rotherham are a very good side and played good passing football and they wern't afraid of letting the city players know they were in a game either.

As for what system will win us promotion, it depends on who we play and how we adapt our style to gain the advantage. One single system will win us nothing.

No worries - I am a big fan of Steve Brooker. As I said - his name would be first on my teamsheet.

Just hope GJ agrees with us and starts him on Saturday. I'm pretty sure he will i think Enoch is more effective outwide than he is upfront anyway.

When Brooker came on I noticed we started playing the ball into his feet, he took a few touches and played it out wide to Murray or Enoch, knocked it back to Russell or Skuse, or attempted a little run. Now I didn't see Jevo or Enoch do that once the whole game. Everytime Enoch got the ball into his feet up front he flicked it up and struggled to control it. Jevo simply hasn't got the strength to hold up the ball.

In the first half Facey held the ball up like this and Fontaine gave away a few free kicks doing this, whereas in the 2nd half we could play a bit of football through Brooker. He didn't have a great game, but he didn't a have a rubbish one, more of a solid game. But he helped to bring out a few other players e.g. Murray, Enoch and Jevo all picked up their game when Brooker came on.

Sarah B you must remove your Rose Coloured Spectacles, It is O.K to have an Idol but you do take it a little bit to far.

I have seen nothing as yet to say that Steve Brooker is back to his best, he works tremendously hard, runs everywhere but always seems to get nowhere, I feel that he is highly overated.

He is not going to be the one and only Saviour of this club, I know it is nearly Christmas but he is not the Messiah. :xmas:

Just hope GJ agrees with us and starts him on Saturday. I'm pretty sure he will i think Enoch is more effective outwide than he is upfront anyway.

Enoch is more effective on the left????

How do you work that one out?

Play a centre forward out of position on the left side of midfield??

Enoch has proved this season that he can score goals when playing up front so why suddenly switch him to left midfield??

Enoch has proved this season that he can score goals when playing up front so why suddenly switch him to left midfield??

Because she wants the whole team to revolve around brooker so he can play in his favourite position, duh.

I think he was effective when he was switched out to the left side of midfield on Saturday. Brooks and Jevo uptop with Enoch out on the left works as was proved last Tuesday night when Brooks came on and it was proved again on Sat so this is what i think we need to start with against Millwall.

Because she wants the whole team to revolve around brooker so he can play in his favourite position, duh.

Well i think the team play better when Brooks is out there yes and as his position is centre forward thats where he will be playing.

Sarah B you must remove your Rose Coloured Spectacles, It is O.K to have an Idol but you do take it a little bit to far.

I have seen nothing as yet to say that Steve Brooker is back to his best, he works tremendously hard, runs everywhere but always seems to get nowhere, I feel that he is highly overated.

He is not going to be the one and only Saviour of this club, I know it is nearly Christmas but he is not the Messiah. :xmas:

But he does make a difference surely even you can see this. I do not have rose coloured spectacles on as you put it. He has just proved twice in a week that he is needed on that pitch.

When Brooker came on I noticed we started playing the ball into his feet, he took a few touches and played it out wide to Murray or Enoch, knocked it back to Russell or Skuse, or attempted a little run. Now I didn't see Jevo or Enoch do that once the whole game. Everytime Enoch got the ball into his feet up front he flicked it up and struggled to control it. Jevo simply hasn't got the strength to hold up the ball.

In the first half Facey held the ball up like this and Fontaine gave away a few free kicks doing this, whereas in the 2nd half we could play a bit of football through Brooker. He didn't have a great game, but he didn't a have a rubbish one, more of a solid game. But he helped to bring out a few other players e.g. Murray, Enoch and Jevo all picked up their game when Brooker came on.

Yes this is correct couldn't have put it better myself. Jevo's game relies on Service which Brooks can provide more so than Enoch i feel.

To be fair, Enoch's scored a couple from left wing. Obviously we need to play all our players in the position which they are most effective in. With the current team we have, we need a left footed player on the left wing. This basically leaves Jevo and Enoch (or maybe Woody), and both are currently on a decent bit of form. I think I'd prefer Enoch on the left wing out of those 2, because he's pacey, skilful and can come in at the back post and win headers. From having real striker problems when they were injured, we've now got 3 players who are, in effect, undropable.

(That last bit's going to get some people who disagree I bet!)

Yes this is correct couldn't have put it better myself. Jevo's game relies on Service which Brooks can provide more so than Enoch i feel.

Sorry.... Sarah, what did you think of Brooker's impact on Saturday? You've been surprisingly quiet on this subject...i'd have thought you'd be more active in this thread..... :whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

Sorry.... Sarah, what did you think of Brooker's impact on Saturday? You've been surprisingly quiet on this subject...i'd have thought you'd be more active in this thread..... :whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

Oh ha ha!! i think he gave the rest of the lads a lift when he came on on Saturday as he did Last Tuesday night against Carlisle he was holding the ball up superbly, running all over the place, Bringing the best out of the other players. Enoch was much more effective outwide and Jevo much more effective with service from Brooks.

I would say unless there are knocks start on Sat with what we fnished with against Rotherham.

Archived