IGNORED

1 Man = Massive Difference Today

cheshire_red

Guest MaccaJK
Brooker.

same can be said in first half vs swansea. wasn't there today but sounded like he made an impact. he makes the rest of the squad look mediocre and thats when he's off form! when he's on form he is one of the best players city have had this decade. at least on good thing came from tinnions management!

Brooker.

Hmmm...he's like the effect of taking painkillers. Yes we played better when he was on the pitch...but what did he actually do???? Shocking touch and generally looked far from match fit.

Bit sick of the Brooker love-in to be honest.

Some lads out on the pitch today deserved far more credit than he did, that's for sure.

Type of comment I'd expect from a northern exile to be fair, who doesn't watch City enough on a regular basis.

Brooker.

Oh yes definately!! I'm glad you said this as if i said it you would all accuse me of being biased. He needs to start against Millwall up top with Jevo and Enoch outwide. It works!!!!

Hmmm...he's like the effect of taking painkillers. Yes we played better when he was on the pitch...but what did he actually do???? Shocking touch and generally looked far from match fit.

Bit sick of the Brooker love-in to be honest.

Some lads out on the pitch today deserved far more credit than he did, that's for sure.

Type of comment I'd expect from a northern exile to be fair, who doesn't watch City enough on a regular basis.

We played better when he was on the pitch but what did he actually do you say? That doesn't even make sense he was the difference yesterday which is why he needs to start on Saturday. If he would have been bought on earlier yesterday i reckon we could have gone on to win the match.

Oh yes definately!! I'm glad you said this as if i said it you would all accuse me of being biased. He needs to start against Millwall up top with Jevo and Enoch outwide. It works!!!!

The thing is t hough, you are biased.

We played better when he was on the pitch but what did he actually do you say? That doesn't even make sense he was the difference yesterday which is why he needs to start on Saturday. If he would have been bought on earlier yesterday i reckon we could have gone on to win the match.

What did he do then Mrs brooker? Will has said he did nothing, and by the radio commentary he didn't do a awful lot either. Enlighten me.

The thing is t hough, you are biased.

What did he do then Mrs brooker? Will has said he did nothing, and by the radio commentary he didn't do a awful lot either. Enlighten me.

He lifted the rest of the players when he came on and the way he controlled the ball and laid it on for the other lads was second to none. Its mainly his prescence as well. The system of him and Jevo uptop with Enoch outwide works and thats what we need to start with on Saturday!! If only he would have been bought on earlier yesterday i reckon we could have came back with all 3 points.

In my pre 10 years, we had a street gang of 11 with some part timers. Like every post war gang we had a heavy dude, an enforcer, not always our best footballer or cricketer, but definately "the man".

We had such a lad, called ****** Newbury. We relied on him, and always felt more comfortable when he was around............ the Brooker factor !

He lifted the rest of the players when he came on and the way he controlled the ball and laid it on for the other lads was second to none. Its mainly his prescence as well. The system of him and Jevo uptop with Enoch outwide works and thats what we need to start with on Saturday!! If only he would have been bought on earlier yesterday i reckon we could have came back with all 3 points.

Yes his 'prescence' may well have lifted the lads, that's what I meant. But his footballing contribution was average. He had a few misplaced passes and was on his arse for half the time he was on the field it seemed to me.

Yes his 'prescence' may well have lifted the lads, that's what I meant. But his footballing contribution was average. He had a few misplaced passes and was on his arse for half the time he was on the field it seemed to me.

Yes well that was because as happens every game the oposition seem to be able to do what they like to him and never get pulled up!! Its makes me so mad no wonder he suffers with injury problems he doesn't get any protection from the officials!! He was even accused of backing into their player at one point absolutely ridiculous!!

His footballing contribution was excellent didn't you notice how he was holding that ball up!?!?

I hope we all agree that a fit, sharp Steve Brooker would probably be the first name on the team sheet. Yesterday he looked a little sluggish and certainly not at his sharpest. IMO he's probably 90 mins away and another weeks' training before Millwall will help - nothing to worry about :cool:

Yesterday he was the difference!!! and if Little Gary is the intelligent man I'm sure he is Steve Brooker's name will be the first on that team sheet on Saturday!!

Actually McCallister's great ball and Scottys' superb control and finish was the difference but the side certainly improved when Brooks came on. IMO that was because Enoch was wide left and gave us the attacking option that was missing when Scott Brown was on the park.

Can't remember a Brooks attempt at goal - even you SarahB can't tell us that Brooks is back to his terrific best yet???????? :yawn:

Actually McCallister's great ball and Scottys' superb control and finish was the difference but the side certainly improved when Brooks came on. IMO that was because Enoch was wide left and gave us the attacking option that was missing when Scott Brown was on the park.

Can't remember a Brooks attempt at goal - even you SarahB can't tell us that Brooks is back to his terrific best yet???????? :yawn:

Yes well i did say thats what we should have started with Brooks and Jevo uptop and Enoch outwide. It really does work and thats what we need to start with on Saturday.

Brooks was holding the ball up superbly for others to shoot at goal. Yes there is undoubtably more to come from Brooks. But there is no getting away from the fact he was the difference yesterday.

Yes well i did say thats what we should have started with Brooks and Jevo uptop and Enoch outwide. It really does work and thats what we need to start with on Saturday.

Brooks was holding the ball up superbly for others to shoot at goal. Yes there is undoubtably more to come from Brooks. But there is no getting away from the fact he was the difference yesterday.

Sarah - I take it all back! Just been to the EPost website and I quote -

"City battled back and in the closing stages Steve Brooker came off the bench to salvage a point. The 25-year-old unleashed a 30-yard thunderbolt which gave Neil Cutler no chance."

You're right after all - it was Brooks who made the difference! :rofl2br:

Sarah - I take it all back! Just been to the EPost website and I quote -

"City battled back and in the closing stages Steve Brooker came off the bench to salvage a point. The 25-year-old unleashed a 30-yard thunderbolt which gave Neil Cutler no chance."

You're right after all - it was Brooks who made the difference! :rofl2br:

He did make the difference. You can quote as much rubbish as you like mate. If you don't agree you can't have been watching the match with your eyes open.

He did make the difference. You can quote as much rubbish as you like mate. If you don't agree you can't have been watching the match with your eyes open.

So because he has a different opinion to you, he wasnt watching the game properly? Get a grip sarah, you're not always right. Everyone has their opinions and they use this forum to voice them, he didn't really make any difference atall, seeing as it was Mccalisters brilliant ball, and murrays finish. No mention of brooker on the build up to the goal?

Yes well that was because as happens every game the oposition seem to be able to do what they like to him and never get pulled up!! Its makes me so mad no wonder he suffers with injury problems he doesn't get any protection from the officials!! He was even accused of backing into their player at one point absolutely ridiculous!!

His footballing contribution was excellent didn't you notice how he was holding that ball up!?!?

You're blinded by the light shining off Brooker's bald head I'm afraid. I can remember at least 2 occassions when he mis-controlled the ball, getting it tangled up in his feet or falling over.

He's not back to his best by any stretch (worryingly he didn't look particularly sharp earlier in the season either) and it's a disservice to the other players yesterday to say 'Brooker made all the difference', we've coped well when he hasn't played ie when he was in jail.

Brooker needs games under his belt but I'm not sure if he'll start against Millwall. I think Johnson will stick with Jevo and Showumni.

Rumour circulating yesterday that Brooks could be off in January as City are still keen to secure the services of Grant Holt

So because he has a different opinion to you, he wasnt watching the game properly? Get a grip sarah, you're not always right. Everyone has their opinions and they use this forum to voice them, he didn't really make any difference atall, seeing as it was Mccalisters brilliant ball, and murrays finish. No mention of brooker on the build up to the goal?

Was you at the match snake?? Oh no you are going by what was said on the radio :rolleyes: Brooks was the difference in the game yesterday my mum was listening to the commentary and she said they said just that on there too so you must have pretended you didn't hear that bit or something :dunno: Trust me i was there and he was the difference. If he would have been bought on any earlier i reckon we may well have come away with all 3 points.

You're blinded by the light shining off Brooker's bald head I'm afraid. I can remember at least 2 occassions when he mis-controlled the ball, getting it tangled up in his feet or falling over.

He's not back to his best by any stretch (worryingly he didn't look particularly sharp earlier in the season either) and it's a disservice to the other players yesterday to say 'Brooker made all the difference', we've coped well when he hasn't played ie when he was in jail.

Brooker needs games under his belt but I'm not sure if he'll start against Millwall. I think Johnson will stick with Jevo and Showumni.

Rumour circulating yesterday that Brooks could be off in January as City are still keen to secure the services of Grant Holt

He did make all the difference though. He needs to start on Sat uptop with Jevo and Enoch outwide it works!!!!!!

Stop all this rubbish about him going in January he is staying here to fire us to the Championship!!

Guest jackhammered
He did make all the difference though. He needs to start on Sat uptop with Jevo and Enoch outwide it works!!!!!!

Stop all this rubbish about him going in January he is staying here to fire us to the Championship!!

Shouldn't you be doing the dishes or ironing?

Football..........its not for girls.

Archived