IGNORED

Negative Support At Rotherham

Wilksi

I had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting near BB at the game on saturday, If you spent half the time you spent on moaning supporting your team youd be a lot more useful..

I'm not being funny, but I never heard somone so negative at a football match in all my life.

Before you ask, you were 3 rows up from the front in the middle of the goal.

And to be fair you were moaning about Murray ALL game, the second he scored those moans went away......

Not knocking your posts, just thought that maybe your energy could be used slightly better at a game.

I know there were some other lads around by where you were sitting who werevery very very annoyed with you.

I'm a big fan of Browner but yes he was below par on saturday he will bounce back though

What struck me about BB was that on hear generally he talks alot of sense but at the game he was the most negative annoyin little ####### ive sat near yes it wasnt good saturday but constanstly moaning and whinging at the game helps no-one

Generally our fans stayed behind the lads well

I was sat half way up to the left of the goal as we looked at it. Most of the abuse i could hear was about Scott Brown. In fairness he didnt have a great game, to be expected though as he's been out for so long.

No one really had a storming game, but the pitch wasnt the best and was very very heavy on the players legs. Milmoor is a very tough place to go and get anything out of the game. So instead of getting on thier backs from the outset they need as much support as they can to get them going..

Support like this isnt needed and is not appricated AT ALL.

I think BB got confused and thought Milmoor was the Nou Camp and thought every player was Ronadinho.....

I'm not surpirsed he goes on his own...

It seems to me, the concept of support is an alien concept to a huge swath of City fans.

I'm bored of hearing how x player is a C word for a missed placed pass, or how the guy behind has never rated half the players. ****ill we score of course)

Within the first min of the game kicking off he was up shouting and slating Keogh for a bad touch.... give them a fing chance...

Guest North Street
Within the first min of the game kicking off he was up shouting and slating Keogh for a bad touch.... give them a fing chance...

Any chance of me getting hold of that megaphone Wilski then i will show what negative support is all about as there is somebody who is still not getting the message?

I had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting near BB at the game on saturday, If you spent half the time you spent on moaning supporting your team youd be a lot more useful..

As a paying supporter, or customer, I'll speak my mind and if you don't like it that's absolutely fine.You can post contrary opinion and say what you like, free world.When I see something good I'll say so and write so and the opposite applys when I see something poor.......like Russells ball to Keogh nearly putting the kid in hospital instead of releasing him down the wing, Keogh giving the ball away in a dangerous area with a mazy dribble out of defence or Murray & Brown continually tucking infield and depriving the team of any width in attacking situations.That's directed at the coaches as much as the team.

I'm not being funny,

True

but I never heard somone so negative at a football match in all my life.

Try following City as long as I have and you'll hear plenty worse home & away.Support isn't unconditional love or blind faith and that's why, irrespective of our league position, the crowds aren't flocking to AG and our away support isn't what it was even a few years ago.A large number of our fans including those displaced from the Grandstand and people I used to see all over the country for years at away games have walked away.That's got nothing to do with me and a whole lot to do with performance, standards and being stuck in the poxy division for nine seasons.How many people have you heard & read talking about not enjoying their "matchday experience?" The attitude of some is "Don't go then"......and that's exactly what's happening people have said......."OK then!"

Thanks, but I don't need you to tell me where I was

And to be fair you were moaning about Murray ALL game, the second he scored those moans went away......

Nonsense.I was actually complimentary about Murray in the first half, see the review & ratings and was berating our central midfield for not getting the ball to him quickly enough

Not knocking your posts,

No just me, thanks

just thought that maybe your energy could be used slightly better at a game.

And perhaps, "maybe" the same could be said for lots of players, coaches etc, etc.Perhaps you can support as you wish to and leave others to do the same

I know there were some other lads around by where you were sitting who werevery very very annoyed with you.

And a few dozen I spoke to during & afterwards that agreed and actually said far worse.I've even been told that the reviews are far to polite these days, so it seems I can't win.Lots of people have been annoyed with me over the years and lots haven't.The frank exchange of views is something that football, in these sanitised media friendly days lacks.I've lost count of the times I and others have even broken up fights between our own fans because of differing opinion over players, managers.........where to sit.I don't want to see that return, but perhaps it's gone to much the other way now?

Bristol Boy.

I have no problem with people who "support" the team.

In my eyes and the number of people who were around that area the "support" you were giving was anything but that.

and don't give me that "if you been following city as long as i have" crap. I'm sorry I'm not as old as you. before i could walk i was going to away games, is this a fault of mine not being as old as you? I have been to near enough every game this season including Forest in the LDV with the other 139 people, doesnt give me the right to some out with the "ive been to more games with you and watched this team and that team" bollox.

If you feel that you need to moan as much as you do then maybe you should buy hospitality tickets for each game. You'd fit in much better with them.

You maybe complimentay about Murray in your report, but you were ANYTHING but complimentry during the game, "Murray your Crap" Pathetic Murray" "get off the pitch Murray" were just a few of your comments. I cant even print what you said about Aggy and Keogh... I don't think there was any player who didnt get the wrath of your abuse in the first half.

You may here worse at other games, doesnt mean that you should join in.

I havent said you shouldnt go to footaball, just think about what your saying more and how you say. Constructive critisim is fine, but abuse when its not deserved is not what is needed..

No one really had a storming game, but the pitch wasnt the best and was very very heavy on the players legs.

So how come several Rotherham players had good games? They played some nice one touch stuff and built up through midfield in far shorter passes.Same pitch.As for players being heavy legged, City actually finished the stronger team, so I can't see that.After we finally came to life after Rotherham has scored and started playing like we now they can, albeit in patches.

Milmoor is a very tough place to go and get anything out of the game.

Actually, whilst their record against the top teams is good.Millwall, Brighton & Northampton have all won there so perhaps it's more to do with how we play.

So instead of getting on thier backs from the outset they need as much support as they can to get them going..

Ah, that old chicken & egg argument.Do the fans get the players going or vica versa? I'm actually in agreement with GJ there, who said "It's up to us to give them something to shout & sing about" Spot On.And that could be clearly seen as City pressed at Forest, Swansea & Rotherham

Support like this isnt needed and is not appricated AT ALL.

OK, you've convinced me.I'll stop going.

I think BB got confused and thought Milmoor was the Nou Camp and thought every player was Ronadinho.....

After over forty years of following City, I am accutely aware of where we are and the standard of the players.Having said that, it doesn't make it any less frustrating when someone earning £2kpw can't trap a ball or pass it five yards.If you cheer that, fair play to you because if you cheer that, you'll plat sawdust

I'm not surpirsed he goes on his own...

Well if anyone would like to drive 130 miles from Bristol to pick me up and then drop me home, I'd be greatly obliged.Until then, I suppose I'll have to do what I've done.....apart from some memorable train outings with some great old faces........Millwall was the best when we won 2-0 and Goater scored, over the last fifteen years and make my own way.

People always play the "ive paid my money, I can moan if I want" card.

But a few years ago, I went in the home end at Brighton. They were absolutely hammered 4-1 by us, but they didnt moan, they got right behind their team, and tried their best to create an atmosphere. They expressed their anger at the final whistle but until then, they were positive and urged their team on.

The same at Yeovil the other week - You didnt hear groans at every misplaced pass, or long ball. So why does it happen at City??? It baffles me quite frankly, because when we want to, we can create one hell of an atmosphere (Forest and Swansea away a perfect example)

I was under the impression not a single punch was thrown.. just lots of glasses.

Then your impression is wrong.

In any event, until glass throwing becomes a pub game or legal, I wouldn't have thought the Yorkshire Constabulary were overly impressed and decided not to take any chances, particulary after what happened at Forest.

As it turned out, I don't think Rotherham sang a single song and didn't even glare at the City Fans so it was probably as case of overkill.

Then your impression is wrong.

In any event, until glass throwing becomes a pub game or legal, I wouldn't have thought the Yorkshire Constabulary were overly impressed and decided not to take any chances, particulary after what happened at Forest.

As it turned out, I don't think Rotherham sang a single song and didn't even glare at the City Fans so it was probably as case of overkill.

My impression is not wrong. Were you in the pub at the time?

I wasnt saying it wasnt needed or that it wasnt overkill. Just stating you saying it was a "punch up" is incorect.

People always play the "ive paid my money, I can moan if I want" card.

That's because they have paid their money and thank God they do and they are CUSTOMERS.

But a few years ago, I went in the home end at Brighton. They were absolutely hammered 4-1 by us, but they didnt moan, they got right behind their team, and tried their best to create an atmosphere.

And a fat lot of good it did them :D

They expressed their anger at the final whistle but until then, they were positive and urged their team on.

Happened quite a few times at AG.When we got stuffed by Chesterfield during the hand grenade period, the players got no stick at all........from those who stayed behind and didn't walk out........and no, I wasn't one who walked out.Over the years I can remember quite a few occassions when City have been stuffed and the City fans have applauded the opposition off the pitch!!

The same at Yeovil the other week - You didnt hear groans at every misplaced pass, or long ball. So why does it happen at City??? It baffles me quite frankly, because when we want to, we can create one hell of an atmosphere (Forest and Swansea away a perfect example)

Both away and both were decent performances, at least in part.At Yeovil the City fans were silent throughout.......well apart from the fight which livenened things up :whistle2::D:rolleyes: and nobody could blame them.It was dire as GJ agreed.Funny that, that game attracted 9,000 with only 1,900 City Fans and when they played Scunny the crowd was below 6,000 including the away fans.........couldn't have been that many City Fans in their bit.

Cant be bothered to quote you each time so here goes:

with regards to the heavy pitch comment. I don't remember seeing you out there running around playing on it. The comment about the heavy pitch i got from a number of players.

Somehow, now don't quote me on this, i think they MAY know a little better than you whether a pitch is heavy or not..

But of course i forgot.. Bristol Boy knows more than the players playing the game.. DOH.

how did thier goal come? long built up play through the pitch??? No hang on... jevo lost the ball and thier defender boooted it Long ball style to the other end and scored.. Made use of that nice passing pitch didnt they.

Oh no.. the 40 years following City comment came out agian.... Ive already covered that one. No need to go there again!!!

For the second time, i never asked you to stop going just to TRY and be supportive of the team.

I'm a big fan of Browner but yes he was below par on saturday he will bounce back though.

Agreed and it doesn't help not having regular competitive reserve football.In fairness, he's not a left winger and is one of a number of players who can do a job there

What struck me about BB was that on hear generally he talks alot of sense but at the game he was the most negative annoyin little ####### ive sat near yes it wasnt good saturday but constanstly moaning and whinging at the game helps no-one.

Wow I must have been on form

Generally our fans stayed behind the lads well

Nearly always do away

Cant be bothered to quote you each time so here goes:

I can't really be bothered to reply-but here goes

with regards to the heavy pitch comment. I don't remember seeing you out there running around playing on it. The comment about the heavy pitch i got from a number of players.

What, you need someone to tell you what you're watching?? The pitch was obviously heavy as it has been raining heavily all week just about everywhere.My point, that you've chosen to ignore, is that didn't seem to trouble Rotherham, therefore it's not an excuse.

Somehow, now don't quote me on this, i think they MAY know a little better than you whether a pitch is heavy or not..

I wouldn't quote you on anything.They may well know a great deal more than me about a great number of things, however, I feel adequately qualified to comment of the wetness of grass, moreover, what part that is playing in players ability to pass the ball.As I have said and I'll say it again, Rotherham played a far shorter passing game than we did, so, in theory, if you are correct-and you're clearly not, their game should have floundered.It didn't.

But of course i forgot.. Bristol Boy knows more than the players playing the game.. DOH.

I'll reiterate-I can see if a pitch is muddy or not.

how did thier goal come? long built up play through the pitch??? No hang on... jevo lost the ball and thier defender boooted it Long ball style to the other end and scored.. Made use of that nice passing pitch didnt they.

It was more of a clearance than a pass and the good bit was what Facey did.Every team plays the odd long ball, some more than others and doing it once or twice in a game doesn't mean that you're a long ball team.In the same way, our goal didn't come from a mindless punt up field it came from a superb cross field pass.That doesn't mean we were pinging 40 yard cross field passes all game.Both are therefore examples of what could be done, not what was done overall

Oh no.. the 40 years following City comment came out agian.... Ive already covered that one. No need to go there again!!!

Now you're really showing your age :whistle2:

For the second time, i never asked you to stop going just to TRY and be supportive of the team.

Tell you what, we'll both keep going, but we'll sit a few hundred yards apart, then we'll both be happy-How's that?

I'm not being funny, but I never heard somone so negative at a football match in all my life.

Not knocking your posts, just thought that maybe your energy could be used slightly better at a game.

Well if you were fed up with BB on Saturday, you want to try sitting near him every home game!! :whistle2:

In fairness to BB, he desperately wants our under-achieving club to start fulfilling its potential, and there is 40 years of frustration coming out - I think thats the point hes making.

Having said that, I agree with Wilksi - get behind the team during the game, you can always moan afterwards.

BB has mentioned last seasons Chesterfield game later on in this thread, a game that will live in my memory for ever. With City in the middle of the record breaking 9 game losing run, and 4-0 down at home to a mediocre team, a small band in the corner of the Atyeo started up "City till I die", a chant which spread around the entire ground and continued for quite a time. Even normally reserved and quiet folk joined in. Brought quite a lump to my throat, it did, and if the players couldnt respond to that, there would be no hope. As it happens, I think we got 2 back and the players apparently were talking about that amazing display of support after the game.

I think most players would say that positive support helps, particularly when things aren't going well, so if we want our club to succeed, and want to do our bit to achieve that, being positive during the game has to be the way forward. One person having a moan isnt going to make a lot of difference, but if everybody does it, that feeling is soon transmitted on to the players, and cannot possibly help.

I fail to see how you can be happy that people are annoyed at you.. do you not see that as being a bit weird.

Yeh, downright kinky now you come to mention it :innocent06:

It depends largely on who it is and frankly, whilst it doesn't make me happy, I couldn't care less.

If they're annoyed with me they may leave some other poor soul alone, so I'll go for that.

BB mind:

"quick think of another comment to counter act what ive said previously, irony, what is this, know no such thing".

I'm not comenting about what you have said SINCE the game ended just what you commented on during the game. I know it was a heavry pitch, your now telling me that you as well knew it was a heavy pitch and hard to run/pass on for a team who are used to playing quick fast paced passing football..

But yet during the game you abusing the players, for thier passing/running/not playing one touch football etc, where other people could see it was heavy pitch And we werent going to get the sort of football were used to. Now there is no need to abuse the players for this maybe you should be screaming at the groundsman all game for such a crap drainage system?!?!?!

Or perhaps your just making up eveything as you go along after reading my comments? No where have you said you knew it was a heavy pitch, but when i say it was you "of course knew, i have a degree from the up in the air university on such things"..

Well if you were fed up with BB on Saturday, you want to try sitting near him every home game!! :whistle2:

I told you to move........Actually the referee got some last week for penalising Keogh after a perfectly good tackle :D

In fairness to BB, he desperately wants our under-achieving club to start fulfilling its potential, and there is 40 years of frustration coming out - I think thats the point hes making.

Couldn't have put it better myself......In fact I didn't, so thanks. :rolleyes:

BB has mentioned last seasons Chesterfield game later on in this thread, a game that will live in my memory for ever. With City in the middle of the record breaking 9 game losing run, and 4-0 down at home to a mediocre team, a small band in the corner of the Atyeo started up "City till I die", a chant which spread around the entire ground and continued for quite a time. Even normally reserved and quiet folk joined in. Brought quite a lump to my throat, it did, and if the players couldnt respond to that, there would be no hope. As it happens, I think we got 2 back and the players apparently were talking about that amazing display of support after the game.

Having said that Nick, I can clearly remember about 2/3,000 walking out....I didn't and neither did you, however I think there was something akin to "Gallows Humour" going on amongst City fans at times during that run and the thought that things really couldn't get worse seemed to bring our fans closer together in the same way that the Jail sentences seemed to with the players.

I think most players would say that positive support helps, particularly when things aren't going well, so if we want our club to succeed, and want to do our bit to achieve that, being positive during the game has to be the way forward. One person having a moan isnt going to make a lot of difference, but if everybody does it, that feeling is soon transmitted on to the players, and cannot possibly help.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that most of the people who were fed up after the Millenium debacle,last season and the fiasco surrounding The Premier Club have left and we are now left we a hard core of support.I don't see that changing much until we arrive in The Championship and then the biggest change will be in two areas-Corporate/Premier Club and in the away support which will swell about 8/10 fold.

Archived