IGNORED

Negative Support At Rotherham

Wilksi

Along with thousands of others!

Sit virtually anywhere in AG and you'll hear lots of supporters slagging off the players.Some of it is very bigoted and racist as well.

Why should BB be 'named and shamed' and not all the others ?

Because hes known, He writes a match review and as such people are aware of him. Its a bit different to some nomark who sits in row q seat 29 in block F of the so and so stand.

You have been on the receiving end for exactly the same reason with the supporters club. Thats not to suggest its right that you should be abused on a public forum such as this but while these channels of communication are open and you are in the public eye in some capacity then you are there to be shot at deserved or not!

For what its worth I can never understand why people abuse players during the game, BB surprises me as I believe he is a fully qualified FA coach? As am I and a major part of coaching is based around the encouragement of players. I will leave the abuse to the manager who I'm sure can pick much better phrases than "your shit" and "your f..ing useless" etc

Fair enough. I was trying not to critise his previous post's on other topics and other items, as he has written previous things in the past that i agree with. and 70% of the time i agree with his team selection. And he has stuck up for Scott Brown in the past which I like :whistle: . I was just disapointed with Saturdays reaction

Fair enough?

Because hes known, He writes a match review and as such people are aware of him. Its a bit different to some nomark who sits in row q seat 29 in block F of the so and so stand.

You have been on the receiving end for exactly the same reason with the supporters club. Thats not to suggest its right that you should be abused on a public forum such as this but while these channels of communication are open and you are in the public eye in some capacity then you are there to be shot at deserved or not!

Sure - I've taken lots of critism regarding the SC but by and large very little of it has been personal.That which has I have reported and its been removed or I have pm'd the individual concerned.Most back track and apologise.

Give me stick in my capacity as Chairman of the SC by all means but lay off the personal stuff.

Fair enough. I was trying not to critise his previous post's on other topics and other items, as he has written previous things in the past that i agree with. and 70% of the time i agree with his team selection. And he has stuck up for Scott Brown in the past which I like :whistle: . I was just disapointed with Saturdays reaction

Fair enough?

now about lee johnson :innocent06::innocent06::innocent06::innocent06:

mabe not :rofl2br:

Cracking debate, this.

I particularly liked the side debate about who know what a muddy pitch is like better than anybody else.

But also the "my town is better/worse than yours", "I have a better degree than you" "I've got more mates than you", someones managed to bring a bit of racism morals into it, the list is endless.

Theres even been a debate within a debate about whether it should have been closed or not.

A definite late contender for funniest thread of the year.

I actually think a bit differently to some people on this subject.I don't consider my views or comments are any more relevant than Mr Nomark in row q seat 29.Neither, I will add are they less relevant than any other paying customer at AG.

When Robbored is on here he's not speaking as Chairman of The Supporters Club and as such, shouldn't receive abuse.People wonder why channels of comment such as this are closed down and that is the very reason.It is also the reason a lot of people walk away from similar jobs are they're not worth the hassle.

For what its worth I can never understand why people abuse players during the game, BB surprises me as I believe he is a fully qualified FA coach? As am I and a major part of coaching is based around the encouragement of players. I will leave the abuse to the manager who I'm sure can pick much better phrases than "your shit" and "your f..ing useless" etc

You'd be very suprised at what's said but I'll say no more than that.I think there is a massive difference between such things as abuse which is, for example, racially motovated and calling someone a **** from 80 yards away, when he can't hear you, for booting a ball over the bar from a yard out. Still, wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same and I'd love to be more happy clappy.......just not me, I'm afraid.

If we do that we better add a very long list of others to it - every game I have ever been to at AG, no matter where I sit there have always been a number of supporters sitting there slagging off the players before the game even starts. In the past Burnell, Miller, Peacock, Roberts just had to run on the pitch for fans to be shouting at them to tell them how useless they are. Now it seems Murray comes in for some of the same.

Why pick on one person (Bristol Boy) when we have a stadium littered with fans who do the same?

At one point during DW's last season I'm sure I heard us booed ON

I never thought you would lower yourself to such crap BB.

Whilst I know that Weston is a poo hole (I live there I can make this comment) it certainly isn't worse than many other areas of the country. Also very easy for you to make such comments when we don't know where you live??

It was a joke and I actually quite like the place.

London & Bristol-Fire Away

True - there is a huge difference between "Player you're sh*t" and the collective groam that leaks out when someone makes a poor pass. The former is really dumb as there are none of our players who are sh*t.

Not sure what we can do about the disappointment groan :dunno:

You could jump up and cheer when a poor pass is made. You might get the odd funny look but at least it will counteract the groaning.

Great thread, btw. Reminds me of Richieb vs. Edson etc. :handbags:

Well this thread has brightened up my day somewhat. People attacking one of the vast minority of City fans who actually have some clear idea what they are actually talking about.

Most City fans wouldn't have a clue if a how to play football guide slapped them in the face. I don't always agree with what BB says, but what he does say is reasoned and he clearly knows what he is on about. It's all the people who bleat on about how terrible it is if people boo the players off the pitch, or inform them in whatever maner that tey are playing crap. If it really does affect them then frankly they are in the wrong line of employment, and should think of getting out of football now as they are never going to make it anywhere if they can't take stick.

Guest MaccaJK

i agree with bb. support isn't showing blind faith, but if you want to get the best out of your team you must cheer and sing rather than moan. you can be a fan without singing. you can be a fan who's always moaning. but if you moan AND don't sing then you are a fan but a crap fan. and bb is just a crap fan. it's not everyones talent but he has a nack for negativity.

i agree with bb. support isn't showing blind faith, but if you want to get the best out of your team you must cheer and sing rather than moan. you can be a fan without singing. you can be a fan who's always moaning. but if you moan AND don't sing then you are a fan but a crap fan. and bb is just a crap fan. it's not everyones talent but he has a nack for negativity.

And I was here before you and I'll be here long after you're gone, part timer.

Who are you to say, who'd crap and who's not on this Forum after some of the drivel you've posted?

Do you know Ian (BB) personally Macca?

I very much doubt it, and for that reason wonder why you should make such a rash comment.

Reading into your personal profile, i can personally assure you that BB was on the terracing following our beloved club, long before you were a twinkle in your mothers eye!!!!!

Trust me, he,s done his fair share of singing in his time to!!! (albeit out of tune ;) )

And may i ask where you travel from each Saturday to folllow the boys?

Lets just say BB travels a fair old way further than most.

And finally, you mention "negativity".

Are you 100% what that word means?

He,s far far from that! You don't win poster of the year, write weekly Citys match report for the Forum, and gain much respect from fellow posters for his comments!!!!

And I was here before you and I'll be here long after you're gone, part timer.

Who are you to say, who'd crap and who's not on this Forum after some of the drivel you've posted?

So, once again, without pretending you've not seen this..

If hes a part timer, what are you, after declaring you wont be purchasing a season ticket due to bad performances?

:rolleyes:

Archived