IGNORED

Spot The Difference?

Ian M

More shameless "propaganda" from me, using results and suchlike to judge a manager :sleeping:

spottr2.jpg

I Suppose you are trying to make the point that GJ is doing a splendid job.

Interesting that yeovil, Scunny and Blackpool were also at the bottom with us last season. Suppose thier managers are doing an equally good job as well then.

What, so you think he's doing a bad job?

No I don't think that he is doing a bad job. Certainly not happy with the quality of the football we are watching or the excitement being generated but its difficult to be too critical with us 4th in the table. The point I was trying to make was its not only us who have turned things around from last season. If Madgers original post was saying that the change in our fortunes was down to GJ then I would suggest that the managers of Yeovil and Scunny deserve more credit that GJ given the difference in resources between us and them.

No I don't think that he is doing a bad job. Certainly not happy with the quality of the football we are watching or the excitement being generated but its difficult to be too critical with us 4th in the table.

What would you prefer going up playing "ugly football" or stay down and play the so called "sexy football" I know what I would prefer.

Other interesting stat, :innocent06::innocent06::innocent06: Oldham, S****horpe Blackpool and Yeovil all down there with us last season, tenuous conclusion... crap league 1 this season!!!!! Seriously turn around only significant because we should never have been down there in the first place. Well done GJ etc, now can we have some football!!??

I Suppose you are trying to make the point that GJ is doing a splendid job.

Interesting that yeovil, Scunny and Blackpool were also at the bottom with us last season. Suppose thier managers are doing an equally good job as well then.

Add Rotherham as well if you forget their ten point deduction and Oldham just about qualify.

That's six managers in total who have " turned things round " - quite a high percentage !!

Add Rotherham as well if you forget their ten point deduction and Oldham just about qualify.

That's six managers in total who have " turned things round " - quite a high percentage !!

But what about Huddersfield and Swansea who were in or around the automatic places for most of last season (Swansea addmittedly are on the up now.) Surely this indicates that the league is harder this year?

Also note that Crewe, Millwall and Brighton were playing in a league higher last year and they are struggling now in this, a lower league. Why doesn't that prove that this league is far far far harder than last year????

I would suggest that the managers of Yeovil and Scunny deserve more credit that GJ given the difference in resources between us and them.

I would suggest that is a bullshit statement for two reasons.

Firstly, we are in debt and consequently sold one of our brightest prospects earlier this season.

Secondly, how much has GJ spent on players since he's been here?

S****horpe's 'resources' can't be that bad as they've fended off major offers for Sharp thus far. They've also had 2 managers this season so not sure who you're giving the credit to?

What would you prefer going up playing "ugly football" or stay down and play the so called "sexy football" I know what I would prefer.

That isn't the choice. :ranting:

It's as daft as the "Well, at least we're better than the Rovers" or "If you don't want Wilson we'll have to have Pulis" arguments.Completely fatuos.

We were playing far better football for the last 20+ games of last season under GJ, winning, effective etc, etc.

<That's six managers in total who have " turned things round " - quite a high percentage !!>

Indeed it is, but Sky Sports singled out Blackpool's manager for turning things around. On the review programme, some B'pool fans reckon they are going up automatically. Getting back to the original post, I am grateful City are in this year's position compared to last year's.

<That's six managers in total who have " turned things round " - quite a high percentage !!>

Indeed it is, but Sky Sports singled out Blackpool's manager for turning things around. On the review programme, some B'pool fans reckon they are going up automatically. Getting back to the original post, I am grateful City are in this year's position compared to last year's.

Yes - I fear Blackpool more than any other team at the moment.

If they maintain there current form then only one auto slot will be up for grabs !

I would suggest that is a bullshit statement for two reasons.

I'd suggest your wrong, given these facts.

Firstly, we are in debt and consequently sold one of our brightest prospects earlier this season.

SL confirmed that DC was not sold because of debt or financal problems so the sale was not a consequence of being in debt.£2m was judged as being more important to the club than DC.Every player has his price and in the same Q&A SL confirmed that the sale of Lita was more on financial grounds than Cotterill's.Those other clubs are also in debt

Secondly, how much has GJ spent on players since he's been here?

That's down to him and GJ said that he hadn't asked the Chairman for any money.SL confirmed that and has also confirmed since that funds are available subject to all the usual factors.I'll be very interested to see what he buys when he has funds (Holt would be good) and, moreover how well he manages those players if they are Ex-Championship players who are "bigger names" than the lads we have

S****horpe's 'resources' can't be that bad as they've fended off major offers for Sharp thus far. They've also had 2 managers this season so not sure who you're giving the credit to?

Both men deserve creidt bu primarily Brian Laws who was there for a while and it took him ages to build that team up.....I think he got relegated once and then promoted during that time. :dunno: The new manager was there as an assistant and has kept the ship steady.In terms of offers I would be amazed if they could reject the kind of deal we were offered for DC, so let's see what happens in Jan :D .

28122006075oq5.jpg

Is that picture there to emphasize that the players have started to acknowledge that there has been a complete lack of positive support for the team recently? I hope it is, because it's embarrassing.

I've always been of the view that we're all entitled to our opinion, and even if you're not a fan of a particular manager or player, it doesn't make you any less of a supporter. It's even OK to make your feelings known, providing it doesn't have an affect on their performance. There are always times when we're pissed off about how things are being done, and as fans we have every right to voice this opinion.

But it's a sad day when this negativity transfers from the message boards into the stands; despite having a team that gives absolutely everything for this football club, whilst actually not performing too badly in the league and cups. (I use the phrase 'not too badly' quite loosely - 4th in the league, and still in 2 out of 3 cup competitions going into January is actually bloody good work in my book).

The pressure that is building comes as a result of years of underachievement and a lack of success; something that's little fault of the current manager and players. That's not to say Gary Johnson hasn't made a few wrong decisions himself, of course he has.

Nonetheless, I was appalled at the way Lee Johnson was singled out for so much abuse on Tuesday; deny it all you like, but it's inevitable that a large part of it came because he is the son of the manager. Of course he had an abysmal first half, though I actually thought apart from a shaky first 5 or 10 minutes, he had a decent 2nd half, and kept the ball pretty well. I admire his attitude in responding to the crowds reaction in creating two superb goals... both came through the type of imagination and boldness that usually falls by the wayside when put under so much pressure to do better. That's the kind of courage I want to see from our players, and I applaud it. The hand to the ear goes to show he heard the taunts, and the players are willing to respond. (By the way, though I'm quite aware a large percentage of the dissapointment was directed at Gary, I'm fairly sure hearing the crowd shout that they feel you're rubbish and that you should be hauled off the field probably has a negative effect on you. Just guessing there).

How long that sort of determination will last is less clear, and that's what concerns me.

We need to get behind this group of players. Whatever you think of them, I for one am always confident that each and every one of them is giving everything for the cause, and that's what deserves our encouragement.

Nonetheless, I was appalled at the way Lee Johnson was singled out for so much abuse on Tuesday; deny it all you like, but it's inevitable that a large part of it came because he is the son of the manager. Of course he had an abysmal first half, though I actually thought apart from a shaky first 5 or 10 minutes, he had a decent 2nd half, and kept the ball pretty well. I admire his attitude in responding to the crowds reaction in creating two superb goals... both came through the type of imagination and boldness that usually falls by the wayside when put under so much pressure to do better. That's the kind of courage I want to see from our players, and I applaud it. The hand to the ear goes to show he heard the taunts, and the players are willing to respond. (By the way, though I'm quite aware a large percentage of the dissapointment was directed at Gary, I'm fairly sure hearing the crowd shout that they feel you're rubbish and that you should be hauled off the field probably has a negative effect on you. Just guessing there).

How long that sort of determination will last is less clear, and that's what concerns me.

We need to get behind this group of players. Whatever you think of them, I for one am always confident that each and every one of them is giving everything for the cause, and that's what deserves our encouragement.

The fact the managers son has never been dropped since his debut will always prompt accusations of nepotism from the ignorant.No doubt the same accusations were made at Yeovil from time to time and I'm sure both Johnson senior and jumior have heard it all before.

Imo it only becomes an issue when the other players don't feel that Johnson Junior isn't earning his place.You then get resentment,bad feeling and the manager losing his credibility.Bad news all round in other words.Gary Johnson will be very aware of that.He's picking LJ regularly because he feels he's the best option - not because he's his Dad.

Some fans feel that LJ hasn't been worth his place lately and in BB's excellant post it was pointed out that the Noble/Skuse combination has a proven track record but the bottom line is that we don't pick the team.....

Archived