IGNORED

Mr Johnson

Wilksi

you are so clever arent you. supposed you have read it corectly then. Its ok for a manger to pick out the wrong people?

your the one full of tripe my son, perhaps you ought to eat it.

Wilksi, do you not think that if it were, say, your brother who was managing and being criticised for this, you'd be telling everyone that he was under pressure, made a mistake, and it shows that we're dealing with a human being here who's doing the best he can and clearly feels that despite getting us to 4th in the league, the LDV semi, and the FA Cup 3rd round, he's still getting abuse and so are his players.

I know the issue is mistaken identity, but I don't understand why you're so angry about it. Really. Why are you so angry about it? Why does it matter at all, except to show that Johnson's feeling under attack and it may result in him leaving / the team underperforming. Why do you care? I don't get it.

Wilksi, do you not think that if it were, say, your brother who was managing and being criticised for this, you'd be telling everyone that he was under pressure, made a mistake, and it shows that we're dealing with a human being here who's doing the best he can and clearly feels that despite getting us to 4th in the league, the LDV semi, and the FA Cup 3rd round, he's still getting abuse and so are his players.

I know the issue is mistaken identity, but I don't understand why you're so angry about it. Really. Why are you so angry about it? Why does it matter at all, except to show that Johnson's feeling under attack and it may result in him leaving / the team underperforming. Why do you care? I don't get it.

Nice and insightful that...

These things happen....

Human error, none of us are perfect etc etc..

As for Wilksi this was part of the process of getting it out of his system...venting his anger..... fair enough.....

Peace Out now though innit bruv's...

I didnt see the incident, being sat down the other end, but I'm not surprised in a way.

I think it would be fair to say that LJ has not been accepted very easily by a significant section of City fans, and there are a number of reasons for that.

For a start, there is inevitably a feeling to a degree that there is a bit of favourtism going on, brought about in no small part by LJ starting every game and until recently had never been brought off, whereas all the other midfielders have been rotated - all very well if he is our best player, but I think it is also fair to say that there is a general feeling that LJ is no better and no worse than any of the others.

I think also the way he was brought into the team in the first place, with Skuse, who had done well in the middle, being moved out to right wing at home to Blackpool, playing (almost inevitably) badly, and being dropped in the next game - many thought that was very unfair on Skuse.

If I have caught the general mood correctly, I don't think Johnners has any right to be disappointed with City fans.

Surely GJ must have realised that bringing his own son here, following a failed spell at another club, was a different proposition to having him at Yeovil?

Furthermore, was it not GJ himself who told most of the team they were crap, or something similar, around the time of the "grenades"? Whats good for the goose........

However, that said, I hate to see any City player booed when he is on the pitch, or manager come to that, and can honestly say I have never done so, and just wish those that do would stop. We also have to remember that the players and manager may be professionals paid well to do a job for us, but they are also human beings and have feelings just as anyone else.

Having briefly spoken to Johnson Senior, and knowing somebody who knew him quite well, he seems ok, though I do think the Stewart saga displayed a bit of an ego issue that might not have been for the good of the club - our position at the end of this season will be the judge of that. And having also had a brief chat with Junior Johnson, he seems a really nice lad - I don't think its fair on him that some fans have a bit of a dig, he's done nothing wrong.

There obviously was a problem, there are too many people saying the same thing, and I think Wilksi has a right to be aggrieved. I think the best thing GJ could do would be to come on here, say what he has to say, whether it be misunderstanding or whatever, to get all the people who saw this incident back on his side, and hopefully Lee's as well. GJ probably quite rightly doesnt want to get dragged into debates on internet forums, for many reasons, but this one is a bit different, its about the fans perception of our manager having a go at the fans - a rarity and definite no-no.

Whatever, I think Wilksi and all the others that witnessed this have to forget about it and if anything give GJ and LJ an extra cheer on Saturday. The best chance we have of success, not to say an enjoyable experience at matches, is if we are united.

:city:

To answer the question, blatently speaking out of place here - Wilksi's peeved because he was harshly treated like a **** by somebody who shouldn't be harshly treating him like a ****.... City through and through that boy..

Hope it all ends amicably.

when gj arrived last year i think most would agree we were in the shit, going nowhere but backwards, in 18 or so months we have become a side that no one want's to play, believe it or not we are feared in this division, you just have to read other managers thoughts on playing city to know just how far we have progressed in gj's time here, no wonder he is a bit peeved about the stick he and a couple of his players get. When LJ first arrived a yeovil he got as much stick as he gets here but he won them over and you'd be hard pressed to find a supporter there even now to say he wasn't a major

influence in their success and I've a funny feeling come the end of this season we'll be carrying the little fella of the pitch on our shoulders. We all moan and groan when we feel we haven't played well but some seem to revelle in it and carry it on into the next match no wonder at times the atmosphere at the gate is subdued a bit like smoking hard to stop once you've started. Gj's ashes probably won't be spread over the pitch but that's the nature of football but whilst he's here and we are doing fine I personally think we have got to get behind him and the players, with a real positive feel about the place we can surely this season reach the holy grail which in this instance is the championship.

Archived