IGNORED

Mr Johnson

Wilksi

I'm in the Atyeo but I saw that too - not clever. Mind you maybe he reacts to criticism! 2 goals and 2 assists later - what do we know??? :dunno:

We know nothing, were just stupid people who have no right to sit and pass comment, positive or negative.

I can see what your saying, but all he did was look at him!!! He didnt shout, swear, kick, punch, he shook his head and looked.... I was at the match and l saw.

Anyway l better go the boss is looking at me........

But it was the manner in which he did it - He personally gave me a look I found out of order.

he did exchange words with one fan who gave his opinion just after half time...

the guy said ' johnson, bring williams off and get brown on.......

GJ replied - how about you support the players that are out there - fine, didn't moan at that

GJ - muttered a bit under his breath - again fine....

5 mins later - GJ brings williams off and puts Brown on????????

You don't honestly think you have the right to pass comment after travelling 150 miles, giving up your whole day and spending the thicker end of £75 do you?

well no, i wouldnt of thought so.

you mean we people are allowed to have opinions?

Thats cant be right surely??

I know its 2007 and all that, but isnt that a bit too left wing?

We know nothing, were just stupid people who have no right to sit and pass comment, positive or negative.

Will you be taking my advice and getting in touch with Gary Johnson then?

I think your response to this question would clarify the usefulness of this 'debate'.

I'm not the slightest surprised at the accusation towards GJ.The impression I get he is a very immature man.if it is'nt his way then its not at all.First its with players and now its with fans.

If someone verbally abused GJ then he has every right to answer back but to react to fans over this is ridiculous.Every manager up and down the country listens to fans comments EVERY saturday and GJ should learn to just accept it.

Agreed.

Losing faith in Johnson after this.

Seems to be a bit 'I'm always right' in what he does.

Agreed.Losing faith in Johnson after this.

Seems to be a bit 'I'm always right' in what he does.

Mixing the way the guy is with the way he does his job is a dangerous thing to do, I said before that I don't necessarily like the guy, but he clearly has us on the right track.

In a perfect world we would have a manager who was successful and a nice guy, I'll settle for 1 out of 2 as long as it's the successful bit.

I think your response to this question would clarify the usefulness of this 'debate'.

Exactly what sort of response if any do you think he'd get..... Wilksi would write a letter to the club, no doubt it would go into a 'filing system'....... never to be heard of again

do you really beleive Johnson gives two hoots about how we the fans felt/feel....... after yesterdays display I severley doubt it

This is certainly what has happened when I have written to the club before....

Mixing the way the guy is with the way he does his job is a dangerous thing to do, I said before that I don't necessarily like the guy, but he clearly has us on the right track.

In a perfect world we would have a manager who was successful and a nice guy, I'll settle for 1 out of 2 as long as it's the successful bit.

I cant fault him for getting us where we are, but you can question the way he does it.

Eg. Playing favorites, Gesturing to fans unecessarily, playing 5 defenders for 20 mins at home against crap teams..

He seems to do his best to rattle the fans at the moment..

I cant fault him for getting us where we are, but you can question the way he does it.

Eg. Playing favorites, Gesturing to fans unecessarily, playing 5 defenders for 20 mins at home against crap teams..

He seems to do his best to rattle the fans at the moment..

Omelettes and eggs? I don't really worry about it to be honest, in 40 years of supporting City We haven't had one manager with whom I have agreed 100% of the time. Everyone on the terraces around me knew better than Alan Dicks even when we got promoted! Terry Cooper was probably the closest to being popular and successful and he had a couple of hard spells especially at the beginning.

GJ having a go at some fans is long overdue in my opinion the countless time he gets slagged off about substituitions and the players he plays amazes me. So if you don't like a look that you get from GJ ask the question as to why he is doing it. Its because he is sick and tired of listening to the alleged supporters moaning and groaning when we are 4th in the league so to GJ I say well done

GJ having a go at some fans is long overdue in my opinion the countless time he gets slagged off about substituitions and the players he plays amazes me. So if you don't like a look that you get from GJ ask the question as to why he is doing it. Its because he is sick and tired of listening to the alleged supporters moaning and groaning when we are 4th in the league so to GJ I say well done

Well done, well done.

So you think Johnson is right to have a go at fans who did NOTHING but SUPPORT the TEAM for 90mins?

Sorry PhatWill, only just saw this.

Writing a letter would be pointless, Id never get a responce.

I will have a word with him, but doing this before a match would be counter productive. After the next match perhaps?

maybe, just maybe he could post/pm a responce on here. We all know he reads it!

It also was to do with the fact that just before Johnson equalised (when the sub was going to be made) there was some bloke that shouted " this sub best be for your f*cking son Johnson" then when we equalised he also turned to the area at the back! i don't think it was from down the front most of the abuse was from the back!

Who else saw what happened yesterday????

I was disgusted and appalled at MR Johnsons behaviour yesterday.

Its all well and good people saying he had a right to do so if we were slating his son etc etc.. WE WERENT.

I was sat right at the front right next to the dug out yesterday, at half time someone from higher up in the stand shouted out to get Williams off and Brown on. He turned round and said don't worry about them get on and support the ones that are out there.

So we did. gave more support and encourgament than Johnson did. And when Scott Brown came on we clapped and gave encourgemnet as per MR JOHNSON had asked.

Then when David Noble was coming on we did the same thing. "Come on Noble you can do it, head up mate show them what you can do".

At this point MR Johnson turned around and shook his head at us and tried to stare me out. He turned back round shook his head another 5 times and decided to stare at Mrs Wilksi instead. As Little Lee came off he pointed towards the fans shrugged his shoulds and shook his head again.

Now I'm not saying this is what he said but from the impression it was something along the lines of "sorry son, them up there have called for you to come off so i have had to, not my decision it's thiers".

from his body language this was the way it appeared.

Now if we had given Mr Johnson or Little Lee ANY stick during the game I could understand it and even he could be slightly justified. BUT we hadnt, we had given MR Johnsons team NOTHING but support for 90 mins and this is the way he treats the Fans, who will be here a hell of a lot longer than MR Johnson will ever be.

Iam dis heartened and discusted by the actions of this man.....

Just goes to show some of the stories are true......

Mr Johnson comes across as posion...

Still if he gets us promoted no one will care, thats the sad thing.

1)Would you have said the same thing if Johnson had heard you call him a "Conference Manager" and gave you a bit then because I imagine that would have p1$$ed him off big time?

(2)Using your own logic, do you accept that your remarks were therefore those of someone who knew very little at the time?

(1)Johnson and I have since 'had a chat' about that particular thread.Several months ago in fact.

(2)The infamous 'Conference Manager' thread was written on the back of a run of defeats and loads of dressing room upheavel .I,like many fans at the time wondered just what was going on and were suprised to say the least at the way Johnson was handling the situation.When I wrote that thread I was seriously worried about how it all might end up.The post was cultivated out of my passion for BCFC. It wasn't that I knew very little at the time - it was based on what I and others could see and hear going on.

I said at the time that Johnson would start this season with a clean sheet in my book and so far I have had no reason to compile another critical thread aimed at him.Our league position is good and the squad are united - what more can anyone ask at this stage of the season?

For about the 10th time - the area of fans he gave the 'look' to - not one of those fans said a negative word the whole game!!!!

the whole point of this thread is ''mistaken identity'' rightly or wrongly fans shouted out at the players/manager

and rightly or wrong the manager gave the evil eye back to fans, but the evil eye fell on the wrong people,

best thing for johnson to do was ignore it, by reacting like he did is making the moaners know they got to him,

fans will moan it's part and parcel of the game but if there is to be a reaction then at least the gaffer should get the right

people as too his son doing the ayatollah to the dolman when it's quite clear in this thread that GJ was peed off with comments

from behined him in the williams before at home games, so the fans are peed off with ''mistaken identity''

I think one of the basic problems GJ is having here is that he is used to fans being grateful.

Yeovil were a non league side, they're now in league one, and GJ was a god for them because he did extremely well. Yeovil fans didn't have high expectations when he joined them and he massively exceeded them.

He came here thinking in his head that he knew what to expect but I don't think he fully appreciated the level of expectation there is here. Not hunger for success or ambition - expectation.

Your average City fan expects to be fourth in this league. It's acceptable but it's no great shakes and we'll never win in the playoffs anyway. Real happiness only sets in when we're in an automatic spot and clear by a few points AND playing flowing football that's good to watch. The Gas call that fickle, but we call it ambition and laugh at the fact they haven't lynched their board yet for getting relegated.

Because the expectations here are so high, frustration boils over easy amongst supporters and GJ isn't used to it. Yeovil fans never did that, but then they all knew they were punching at least a division above their weight - we know we're below ours. He can't understand why there's an audible groan at a misplaced pass, or how fans can boo their own team off or leave with 5 minutes to go if they're playing crap.

So he takes it personally and ends up doing stupid things like getting into a row with the fans, the wrong ones in this case too. One of the players being his son just complicates things - I don't think that's why he reacted badly at all, I think he'd have done the same for any player. I do think that LJ gets disproportionate stick because his dad's the boss, he's just the type of player that has moments of brilliance and the odd complete shocker of a game.

When we win promotion the problem will fix itself because in the division above, where we believe we should be, your average city fan will be far more forgiving and patient. At least, I think they will!

Wilksi I reckon PhatWill is right and if you write a letter to GJ explaining what happened you might be surprised. SL etc might ignore that kind of thing but I don't think GJ will, he'll see it as an opportunity.

What tripe. He gets this every home game no wonder he has a go. Would you take it.

Let him get on with his job. Its disgusting

you are so clever arent you. supposed you have read it corectly then. Its ok for a manger to pick out the wrong people?

your the one full of tripe my son, perhaps you ought to eat it.

I think one of the basic problems GJ is having here is that he is used to fans being grateful.

Yeovil were a non league side, they're now in league one, and GJ was a god for them because he did extremely well. Yeovil fans didn't have high expectations when he joined them and he massively exceeded them.

He came here thinking in his head that he knew what to expect but I don't think he fully appreciated the level of expectation there is here. Not hunger for success or ambition - expectation.

Your average City fan expects to be fourth in this league. It's acceptable but it's no great shakes and we'll never win in the playoffs anyway. Real happiness only sets in when we're in an automatic spot and clear by a few points AND playing flowing football that's good to watch. The Gas call that fickle, but we call it ambition and laugh at the fact they haven't lynched their board yet for getting relegated.

Because the expectations here are so high, frustration boils over easy amongst supporters and GJ isn't used to it. Yeovil fans never did that, but then they all knew they were punching at least a division above their weight - we know we're below ours. He can't understand why there's an audible groan at a misplaced pass, or how fans can boo their own team off or leave with 5 minutes to go if they're playing crap.

So he takes it personally and ends up doing stupid things like getting into a row with the fans, the wrong ones in this case too. One of the players being his son just complicates things - I don't think that's why he reacted badly at all, I think he'd have done the same for any player. I do think that LJ gets disproportionate stick because his dad's the boss, he's just the type of player that has moments of brilliance and the odd complete shocker of a game.

When we win promotion the problem will fix itself because in the division above, where we believe we should be, your average city fan will be far more forgiving and patient. At least, I think they will!

Wilksi I reckon PhatWill is right and if you write a letter to GJ explaining what happened you might be surprised. SL etc might ignore that kind of thing but I don't think GJ will, he'll see it as an opportunity.

Ok I will send a letter and hope that he responds to it.

Guest ashtonyate
well done very clever.. arent you good... where did i ever get on his sons back?

Come back when you read things properly.

I was responding to to pete the legend email not your's

Get over it!! Maybe GJ thought he looked like Graham Norton or something with the big girly fuss he's making???

Stop getting your knickers in a twist and worry about our league placement and how little points we are off 1st/2nd.... moan moan moan... Tell you what, lets sack him... I'd have Tinnion back anyday.

Bunch if idiots, lets get on GJ back for having emotions, it was only last year we were fighting for your lives.....

I wont expect a reply, Trishas on...........

Yep, and Trisha being on about sums your mentality up don't it....GJ is way too sensitive. could it be hes aware he aint exactly set the Gate alight lately?

I noticed the saracastic cheers when LJ was taken off and I felt there was no need for them really. Whoever did it could of easily said that to his mate instead. That's why GJ turned round and stared at the crowd behind him to see who it was. I didn't see if he did see them, but I did feel sorry for GJ and LJ.

Has anyone else noticed 2 out of the last 3 times we've tried to bring Noble on we've scored? Try and bring him more often IMO.

And to the fella who sat a few rows behind me and was constantly shouting at their No.16, you sir, were by far and away the funniest guy all day! Especially shouting at their fans to stop insulting Carey. :laugh:

Yep, and Trisha being on about sums your mentality up don't it....GJ is way too sensitive. could it be hes aware he aint exactly set the Gate alight lately?

Do you know me? no.

Guess you cant tell sarcasm

I think you've got a very short memory bucksred, just remember where we were this time last year, give the bloke some credit.

Do you know me? no.

Guess you cant tell sarcasm

I think you've got a very short memory bucksred, just remember where we were this time last year, give the bloke some credit.

Where the **** did I say I wasnt. I'm happy he sorted the pyssheads out, I'm happy hes got us playing neat football in spells. I'm happy we got McCombe, McAllister. glad we got Carey as skipper. glad we're top five.

I aint happy we let the other side take the lead before we play anything like a promotion seeking side. I aint happed we dropped 6 points out of nine against three of the bottom five sides. I aint happy johnson plays regardless of how well he is actually playing (shades of Wonderson and that pillock Leapy) I aint happy about our powderpuff midfield, and our misfiring strike force. I aint happy we aint takin advantage while other sides round us fork it up. I aint happy GJ gets the sulk at fans, for no apparant reason- well actually we know why. I don't rate Jevons or Johnson-seen nowt to suggest they are that good. My opinion shared by others.

And actually I've a very long memory of the long years in the wilderness, I can remember the last three promotions, and what happened subsequently-and I don't want a repeat of the Ward variety again. OK by you?

Who else saw what happened yesterday????

I was disgusted and appalled at MR Johnsons behaviour yesterday.

Its all well and good people saying he had a right to do so if we were slating his son etc etc.. WE WERENT.

I was sat right at the front right next to the dug out yesterday, at half time someone from higher up in the stand shouted out to get Williams off and Brown on. He turned round and said don't worry about them get on and support the ones that are out there.

So we did. gave more support and encourgament than Johnson did. And when Scott Brown came on we clapped and gave encourgemnet as per MR JOHNSON had asked.

Then when David Noble was coming on we did the same thing. "Come on Noble you can do it, head up mate show them what you can do".

At this point MR Johnson turned around and shook his head at us and tried to stare me out. He turned back round shook his head another 5 times and decided to stare at Mrs Wilksi instead. As Little Lee came off he pointed towards the fans shrugged his shoulds and shook his head again.

Now I'm not saying this is what he said but from the impression it was something along the lines of "sorry son, them up there have called for you to come off so i have had to, not my decision it's thiers".

from his body language this was the way it appeared.

Now if we had given Mr Johnson or Little Lee ANY stick during the game I could understand it and even he could be slightly justified. BUT we hadnt, we had given MR Johnsons team NOTHING but support for 90 mins and this is the way he treats the Fans, who will be here a hell of a lot longer than MR Johnson will ever be.

Iam dis heartened and discusted by the actions of this man.....

Just goes to show some of the stories are true......

Mr Johnson comes across as posion...

Still if he gets us promoted no one will care, thats the sad thing.

I am not sure it will be sad if we get promoted and no one cares about his attitude.

He is quite obviously a small man with a big ego - many small men ( and women ) compensate that way.

His dislike of any player who has been places he has not and his rubbish loan signings bear this out - how come his previous club Yeovil ( only 40 miles away so not a geography problem ) have got a guy on loan from Soton who is scoring goals for fun but we end up with basically crap ?

I have never been his greatest admirer and remain doubtful he will deliver the goods but if he does then I don't care if he is the worlds biggest w****r and in truth we will all be VERY HAPPY so why is that sad ?

I would be happy for Satan to get us out of this lousy division and so would most true fans I would suggest.

In football management success is EVERYTHING - who cares what sort of person he is if he delivers ( which I agree he hasn't yet ) ?

(1)Johnson and I have since 'had a chat' about that particular thread.Several months ago in fact.

(2)The infamous 'Conference Manager' thread was written on the back of a run of defeats and loads of dressing room upheavel .I,like many fans at the time wondered just what was going on and were suprised to say the least at the way Johnson was handling the situation.When I wrote that thread I was seriously worried about how it all might end up.The post was cultivated out of my passion for BCFC. It wasn't that I knew very little at the time - it was based on what I and others could see and hear going on.

I said at the time that Johnson would start this season with a clean sheet in my book and so far I have had no reason to compile another critical thread aimed at him.Our league position is good and the squad are united - what more can anyone ask at this stage of the season?

But surely that is why Wilksi, Greebo and others are upset at the managers reactions Yesterday,

I'm sure they have as much a passion for Bristol City as you have Robbo.

Guest jackhammered
Get over it!! Maybe GJ thought he looked like Graham Norton or something with the big girly fuss he's making???

Stop getting your knickers in a twist and worry about our league placement and how little points we are off 1st/2nd.... moan moan moan... Tell you what, lets sack him... I'd have Tinnion back anyday.

Bunch if idiots, lets get on GJ back for having emotions, it was only last year we were fighting for your lives.....

I wont expect a reply, Trishas on...........

You get over it nobhead

Archived