IGNORED

Grant Holt

RedTop

Looks like we're going to sign Grant Holt after all, according to reports. £300k is the supposed figure. A colleague who is a Forest fan is not happy about it and reckons they're mad to be selling him, which is a good sign I guess. Says he's got a good attitude and is a real handful.

Still a hell of a lot of money, in my opinion. Personally I don't think we should be splashing out so much when we are skint - but I guess at least those of you who still insist on accusing Steve L of lacking ambition or having short arms and deep pockets can no longer complain!

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves
Looks like we're going to sign Grant Holt after all, according to reports. £300k is the supposed figure. A colleague who is a Forest fan is not happy about it and reckons they're mad to be selling him, which is a good sign I guess. Says he's got a good attitude and is a real handful.

Still a hell of a lot of money, in my opinion. Personally I don't think we should be splashing out so much when we are skint - but I guess at least those of you who still insist on accusing Steve L of lacking ambition or having short arms and deep pockets can no longer complain!

From what I heard from a work colleague & big Forest fan, they would take £50k for him.

And I must admit from what I have seen, I think £300k is OTT.

Plus he didn't want to come here, so is his mind really set on being part of what Johnson is building.

As for Lansdown, well some fans have seen top players sold for big bucks & little laid out on bringing quality back in. And lets be fair, Lansdown hasn't gifted the club anything. He could recoup much of what has been loaned at anytime.

We are in good hands, as the club won't sink with him at the helm, but don't kid yourself that he is ever going to give, without getting back.

What reports? Source...

Holt has everything and more of a trademark GJ signing.

Would be great to see him and Brooker in the same starting 11.

But who's to say Holt isn't a replacement for Brooker? :noexpression:

New Year, same old rumours....

Why would we spend 300k on a player thats not bothered in coming to play for Bristol City? He had his chance to sign and seeing that he is now back in Notts Forest's team he won't be coming here

His wife was eight months pregnant at the time so it is perfectly understandable to me why he didn't want to move then.

Just because someone is getting picked doesn't mean they won't be sold, does it? I also would have thought yesterday's 5-0 defeat might well have changed Calderwood's plans about his team strengthening myself.

New Year, same old rumours....

Why would we spend 300k on a player thats not bothered in coming to play for Bristol City? He had his chance to sign and seeing that he is now back in Notts Forest's team he won't be coming here

I am not so sure, GJ made it clear that he would be back in their local press, and Holt didn't come because of his persoanl circumstances at the time. Anyway, after yesterday, he may have seen the writing on the wall and want to come to a better team. :whistle2:

edit: sorry Sipowicz posted at the same time I guess.

Firstly I think there's a big difference between being in debt and being skint and I remember Rupert Murdoch once confirming that he was over £2bn in debt across the business empire.Debt is OK as long as it's managed and I'm equally positive that SL wouldn't let GJ spend anything we couldn't afford.

I suppose that if all clubs in debt stopped transferring players the game would be saner but a great deal less interesting.

At current market rates, I think £300k is very reasonable and at least he's fit, match fit and in form.I wouldn't like it if we sold Brooker for anything near that amount and he's played nine games all season, been subbed in 3 or 4 and only scored twice!!

On the basis that MK Dons turned down £1m for Izale McCleod, £300k is very sensible..........Now for the left winger!!

His wife was eight months pregnant at the time so it is perfectly understandable to me why he didn't want to move then.

Just because someone is getting picked doesn't mean they won't be sold, does it? I also would have thought yesterday's 5-0 defeat might well have changed Calderwood's plans about his team strengthening myself.

All I'm saying is, that Jermaine Easter wanted to sign but Johnson didn't like his personality.

Holt refused to sign because of his wife being pregnant....but Johnson will try to sign him again? I can't see it but would be more than happy to eat my words if he does sign & I just hope he would be totally committed.

All I'm saying is, that Jermaine Easter wanted to sign but Johnson didn't like his personality.

Holt refused to sign because of his wife being pregnant....but Johnson will try to sign him again? I can't see it but would be more than happy to eat my words if he does sign & I just hope he would be totally committed.

But what if Holt said - "look i cant move now (in november) as Mrs Holt due to drop - however talk to me in Jan iand ill reconsider."

remember he came down for talks before - so he must have been interested.

But what if Holt said - "look i cant move now (in november) as Mrs Holt due to drop - however talk to me in Jan iand ill reconsider."

remember he came down for talks before - so he must have been interested.

The over arching issue with Holt is a simple one and it's the same as GJ & Stewart.The manager doesn't rate him/like him-take your pick and there's normally only one winner in that situation......and it ain't the player.

Forest need the cash from us for Holt to buy Hoskins, who, in all honesty, I'd rather see here as well.

The over arching issue with Holt is a simple one and it's the same as GJ & Stewart.The manager doesn't rate him/like him-take your pick and there's normally only one winner in that situation......and it ain't the player.

Well lets hope it works to our advantage then!!

Forest needs the cash from us for Holt to but Hoskins, who, in all honesty, I'd rather see here as well.

I cant see us forking out the cash required for him. Now if we sell Brooker......

I cant see us forking out the cash required for him. Now if we sell Brooker......

We agreed £300k before, so the cash is there and it won't be a lump sum more like 50% down and 50% over twelve months.

Don't forget we'be brought in over £4m in transfer fees over the last season and a half.

From what I've seen of Holt he's a decent player and would be a good signing but I can't help but think we need pace up front a lot more than we need another big strong striker.

He looked OK for pace when I saw him against us, not lightening but OK. I don't think he is the only target though, do you?

He looked OK for pace when I saw him against us, not lightening but OK. I don't think he is the only target though, do you?

I think if we sign him he'll be the only striker we sign unless one of ours is leaving and I find that unlikely. I think the best combination you can have at this level in a 442 is a quick striker playing off a big strong one, like Lita off Brooker, so I'd rather get someone quick in and play them off Brooker or Showumni.

Hopefully we'll be in for a left winger too (which might be a way to get more pace into the side) and maybe even a midfield hard man if Lansdown pushes the boat out.

Balls. We don't need to sell anyone to finance signings. Not saying Holt won't come to BC, but now he's a regular in the side it's less likely than it was before.

If Brooker is leaving then I'd like to see him here. If Brooker isnt then I don't want him, we need someone quicker than Holt. But who knows really whats going on eh?! People pretend to but............

I think if we sign him he'll be the only striker we sign unless one of ours is leaving and I find that unlikely. I think the best combination you can have at this level in a 442 is a quick striker playing off a big strong one, like Lita off Brooker, so I'd rather get someone quick in and play them off Brooker or Showumni.

That's fine, but what do you do for the thiry games a season SB & ES will miss?? Season In, Season Out!!

Hopefully we'll be in for a left winger too (which might be a way to get more pace into the side) and maybe even a midfield hard man if Lansdown pushes the boat

out.

Amen Brother-Amen :pray::pray:

Archived