IGNORED

Does Gary Johnson like us?

mossey

I don't know if Gary Johnson likes the fans or not and he would probably say himself...The fans pay his wages and so have a right to be heard...

However as a group of supporters City fans are well known as being among the most negative, thus when they moan and bitch about being 4th in the table being in the hat for the 4th round of the FA Cup and having another outstanding chance of getting in the final of the LDV (or what ever trophy) its little wonder the bloke might think privately....What a bunch of ######s!....

I too do not like the idea of some of his substitutions at times but the upside is there is often a coherent thought process that has gone it to it...Unlike BT and one or two other managers I could name....

As I see it....the manager has been told by the board get us up at all costs...Bugger the stylem, entertainment value and feelings of the players and supporters....And if I was bank rolling the club that is what I would say....So next time somebody attacks Gary Johnson for his decision making they might want to think a little more about the brief he's got from the Chairman....

We are in there with a very decent shout this season we are hard to beat and never give up...Lets just see if we can do enough in front of goal to get us where we all want to be next season!

Nice post - are you Peter Pan ?

and true. He aint proved jack at this level. So Far. We're waiting.

and yet, has he actually had a FULL SEASON at ONE CLUB yet? No. so to early to be judgemental, however if you look at the basics of his win/lose ratio it suggests that if he continue in the same vein has had so far, that we could be promoted this season

and yet, has he actually had a FULL SEASON at ONE CLUB yet? No. so to early to be judgemental, however if you look at the basics of his win/lose ratio it suggests that if he continue in the same vein has had so far, that we could be promoted this season

and if we continue to play like we did against Cheltenham, Bournemouth and Orient, we wont be.

I don't know if Gary Johnson likes the fans or not and he would probably say himself...The fans pay his wages and so have a right to be heard...

However as a group of supporters City fans are well known as being among the most negative, thus when they moan and bitch about being 4th in the table being in the hat for the 4th round of the FA Cup and having another outstanding chance of getting in the final of the LDV (or what ever trophy) its little wonder the bloke might think privately....What a bunch of ######s!....

I too do not like the idea of some of his substitutions at times but the upside is there is often a coherent thought process that has gone it to it...Unlike BT and one or two other managers I could name....

As I see it....the manager has been told by the board get us up at all costs...Bugger the stylem, entertainment value and feelings of the players and supporters....And if I was bank rolling the club that is what I would say....So next time somebody attacks Gary Johnson for his decision making they might want to think a little more about the brief he's got from the Chairman....

We are in there with a very decent shout this season we are hard to beat and never give up...Lets just see if we can do enough in front of goal to get us where we all want to be next season!

Very Good Post RedOXO, totally agree with what you are saying.

unfortunately the only responses you had some far have been from

Red to the world/Rod12 - 2nd biggest moaner on the forum

Arny/RedLegend - One of the most annoying people on this forum

if you don't like someone's postings don't respond, no need for petty comments!

keep up the good postings OXO and don't let fools like this put you on the forum, every place has it's idiots

• Admin

Arny/RedLegend - One of the most annoying people on this forum, not funny and dirty old pervert, judging by his avator!

and you sir don't have a "fisherman" by mistake as your avatar !

Are you into pschology by profession ?

and if we continue to play like we did against Cheltenham, Bournemouth and Orient, we wont be.

it's easy to pick out 3 random results and be critical, however promotion and relegation is decided over 46 games of a league season, not a poor spell over xmas, personally apart from the 2 points dropped against Bournemouth I feel we had a decent xmas period.

FACT is after 26 games we are 3 points off of 1st and 2 points off automatic promotion. This is a fact.

OK, performances haven't been convincing this season and some players haven't performed and some results could have been better

But Points win prizes and if most City fans were offered our league postion now, in August, you can bet majority would have been more than happy.

unfortunately some think we should be 20 points clear by now, however they are either too young to know better or just plain stupid. (not that I'm accusing you of either just to clarify!)

it's easy to pick out 3 random results and be critical, however promotion and relegation is decided over 46 games of a league season, not a poor spell over xmas, personally apart from the 2 points dropped against Bournemouth I feel we had a decent xmas period.

FACT is after 26 games we are 3 points off of 1st and 2 points off automatic promotion. This is a fact.

OK, performances haven't been convincing this season and some players haven't performed and some results could have been better

But Points win prizes and if most City fans were offered our league postion now, in August, you can bet majority would have been more than happy.

unfortunately some think we should be 20 points clear by now, however they are either too young to know better or just plain stupid. (not that I'm accusing you of either just to clarify!)

If you say so. Personally, I'm heading for the river Thames for a bit of sport.

Arny/RedLegend - One of the most annoying people on this forum

keep up the good postings OXO and don't let fools like this put you on the forum, every place has it's idiots

:clapping:

I think the reason GJ is unpopular is because he isn't as sensitive to the fans sensabilities as the likes of Ward and Wilson who were both very polished media performers. He can come across as a bit of an arrogant know it all but so can the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson and they're very successful managers.

I read somewhere an article about Gits. The idea was that if you want something done well you should always ask a Git. A Charmer will tell you what you want to hear but won't necessarily be any good. The Git doesn't have any charm so he actually has to be good at what he does if he is to stay employed /keep customers.

What this means for GJ is that he won't be able to fail for 4 years like Wilson. GJ really has this season or next season to get us up or he'll be a gonner.

Wilson and Ward were nice guys and I'd happily go for a drink with either but neither has consistently achieved in management. I wouldn't particularly want to go for a pint with GJ but up to know he's had a pretty successful record. Will this continue and carry on to bigger and better things? Time will tell...

I've recently noticed ( been going on a little while though ) more and more negative comments by GJ about us fans. Although he's yet to launch a full scale attack in the press it can only be a matter of time now !!

I don't think he appreciates the general rumblings of discontent that often accompany his substitutions or tactics (paticularily those in the latter stages of games ) and tends to dismiss these with the 'well what do they know anyway?' approach.

Should we just be more gratefull ( well we are quite handily placed in the table aren't we ?) or do we often have a point!

The fans have never really taken to Johnson in the same way that they did to some of our previous managers (evidenced by the lack of one Gary Johnson style chants ). Hopefully a successfull promotion season will change all this for next year and we can all get along a bit better!

i've been a city fan for all my life, and i don't like us much - so could definitely understand if Gary shares my view!!

moaning, miserable, arrogant, un-realistic bunch the lot of 'em* - anyone notice the singing and general support the liverpool fans game their team when being humped twice by arsenal at home?? Not a single boo when they walked off at half time 0-2 down... if only!!

*apart from most people who go away, and probably 30% of people on the forum.

i've been a city fan for all my life, and i don't like us much - so could definitely understand if Gary shares my view!!

moaning, miserable, arrogant, un-realistic bunch the lot of 'em*

A quite exceptional point maidenhead.

At Ashton Gate - most don't sing up, too many boo, many childishly bicker amongst themselves (on here), some play that petty 'who's the biggest fan?' contest, there seems to be a lack of genuine unity, we seem like a jury not a support group, some seem baffled that a third flight team doesn't put in more Barcalonaesque shows, we are 3 points off top and completely transformed from 15 months ago and there is still a debate about GJ's suitablility for the job, etc etc.

That, and I must make clear, does not mean to say that I have not met many a sound person through BCFC.

Arny/RedLegend - One of the most annoying people on this forum, not funny and dirty old pervert, judging by his avator!

Ummmeee 6.7% of the votes for most annoying poster, surely says 93.3% are happy with my posts and comments.

Ummmeee 6.7% of the votes for most annoying poster, surely says 93.3% are happy with my posts and comments.

or perhaps alot of people felt some like Sarah "the stalker" B was even more annoying, either way, the votes stand for themselves and alot of people find you annoying!

still at least you are popular for your pretty pictures, if not for your constant hammerings of GJ

Getting rid of Scott Brown is making him very unpopular I think it is his way of sticking two fingers up at the fans and it not the first time there has been a falling out between Johnson and the fans, we should of given Danny Wilson another season maybe..

I think what people tend to forget, is that Johnson is not there to please the fans and make our £20+ afternoon more enjoyable, so come on folks get real!

moaning, miserable, arrogant, un-realistic bunch the lot of 'em* - anyone notice the singing and general support the liverpool fans game their team when being humped twice by arsenal at home?? Not a single boo when they walked off at half time 0-2 down... if only!!

Not what was said on 606 the other evening, Liverpool fans openly admitting that they Booed there team off at half time and full time.

Ok, all you Johnson moaners. Who else is better that we could realistically attract?

At the time we got GJ, he was by far the majority of the fans choice to become the next manager. At present he has only been in charge for 17 months. He has yet been able to get the 'squad' he desires but has been active in every transfer window that has opened and made loans when not.

For once we have and need stability within the club and GJ has yet even complete a full season with this club which was on the verge of relegation!

We are 4th, with a group of palyers who actually play for each other and not for themselves.

Why then do people act like glorified witch-hunters in hope of forcing Johnson out or in hope of being able to change his methods of management? If I was him i'd personally think '**** it'. 99% of the time I am so proud to be a BCFC fan amongst friends that support other higher placed football side. 1% of the time I feel like an idiot due to some complete prats who 'speak' on behalf of everybody by bullying and shouting their mouths off and I don't just mean this forum!

If we are all in the effort of 'believing' why don't we take a moment to 'remember' what has happened in the past 5/6 seasons and then lets see how bad we have it.

Nice post - are you Peter Pan ?

No wish I was...I am in fact a hard nosed business man and Vice President of a good sized US corporation....Life long City fan who stood on the East End since the age of six....and someone who thinks he knows what it takes to succeed

And yourself sir?....

My god that does sound like a bite doesn't it.... :innocent06:

Ok, all you Johnson moaners. Who else is better that we could realistically attract?

At the time we got GJ, he was by far the majority of the fans choice to become the next manager. At present he has only been in charge for 17 months. He has yet been able to get the 'squad' he desires but has been active in every transfer window that has opened and made loans when not.

For once we have and need stability within the club and GJ has yet even complete a full season with this club which was on the verge of relegation!

We are 4th, with a group of palyers who actually play for each other and not for themselves.

Why then do people act like glorified witch-hunters in hope of forcing Johnson out or in hope of being able to change his methods of management? If I was him i'd personally think '**** it'. 99% of the time I am so proud to be a BCFC fan amongst friends that support other higher placed football side. 1% of the time I feel like an idiot due to some complete prats who 'speak' on behalf of everybody by bullying and shouting their mouths off and I don't just mean this forum!

If we are all in the effort of 'believing' why don't we take a moment to 'remember' what has happened in the past 5/6 seasons and then lets see how bad we have it.

I agree with you, i am not a G Johnson lover but am quite happy with the league position. Whether he can get us up only time will tell. Now, is a crucial time of the season and it is up to the manager to get the team to go out and play POSITIVE football.

Going back to the choice of manager, my choice ( and i voiced it on here at the time) was Martin Allen.

I agree with you, i am not a G Johnson lover but am quite happy with the league position. Whether he can get us up only time will tell. Now, is a crucial time of the season and it is up to the manager to get the team to go out and play POSITIVE football.

Going back to the choice of manager, my choice ( and i voiced it on here at the time) was Martin Allen.

Phew, that was close. You almost put 'positive football'. And 'Martin Allen' in the same sentence.

Hi Arny - best to ignore Ashtonsmate - the bloke / child just isn't worth the effort - a prime example of a nobody who can insult others on the net without fear of retribution.

Just the price we pay for the advance of technology - any person can hide from the consequences of his sick vitriol.

I see both posts were toned down - I guess by the mods and probably correct - but if avatars are going to be used by this person to define who is a pervert / thief / gay or whatever then perhaps we should seriously consider a formal complaint - avatars are fun and there are lots that I enjoy but know they say NOTHING about the poster.

Having said that he / she is almost certainly not worth the effort !

Hi Arny - best to ignore Ashtonsmate - the bloke / child just isn't worth the effort - a prime example of a nobody who can insult others on the net without fear of retribution.

Just the price we pay for the advance of technology - any person can hide from the consequences of his sick vitriol.

I see both posts were toned down - I guess by the mods and probably correct - but if avatars are going to be used by this person to define who is a pervert / thief / gay or whatever then perhaps we should seriously consider a formal complaint - avatars are fun and there are lots that I enjoy but know they say NOTHING about the poster.

Having said that he / she is almost certainly not worth the effort !

I don't hide from anyone and stand by my views and comment, looking back nothing has been modifed by the mods, It's funny that you can come on here and make petty comments such as "peter pan" but when someone responds in an equal fashion you threaten action, If you can't make worth while comments don't make them, but doesn't expect people not to respond in equal measure, this is a place for discussion and debate, not a kids playground.

your reputation speaks for itself, so much so that people have voted accordingly, guess it's time for you to change your username again hey! and you say I'm hiding behind on the net without fear! :laugh:

I don't hide from anyone and stand by my views and comment, looking back nothing has been modifed by the mods, It's funny that you can come on here and make petty comments such as "peter pan" but when someone responds in an equal fashion you threaten action, If you can't make worth while comments don't make them, but doesn't expect people not to respond in equal measure, this is a place for discussion and debate, not a kids playground.

your reputation speaks for itself, so much so that people have voted accordingly, guess it's time for you to change your username again hey! and you say I'm hiding behind on the net without fear! :laugh:

Peter Pan - never, never land - get it now - not offensive or petty - just a bit above your intellect I guess.

The person to whom it was addressed understood and responded with manners - don't think he / she needs your protection.

No wish I was...I am in fact a hard nosed business man and Vice President of a good sized US corporation....Life long City fan who stood on the East End since the age of six....and someone who thinks he knows what it takes to succeed

And yourself sir?....

My god that does sound like a bite doesn't it.... :innocent06:

Hi REDOXO - no offence was intended - Peter Pan reference was to never, never land - I didn't get to stand on the East End till I was 10 and since then that Peter Pan world is mostly where we have been - bit obscure humour I know but 2 glasses of red so....!

I was a ( junior ) director of IBM so I also know what it takes to succeed - we will obviously agree to differ on whether or not GJ has that capability !

Think your wrong.........."again".

Your post has been modified, as was mine in my reply to you.

Say what you want, but personal abuse i wont stand for.

Why youve had to kick off 2007 as you finished 2006 i just don't know.

If Rod and i get so far up your a r s e, don't reply, its simple.

I find it strange that you always speak for others, drumming up support i guess.

But if you do reply, obstain from personal abuse, i wont put up with that.

For one it aint big behind a computer screen, and no one will give you credit for it.

Like ive told you before, rather than spilling you stuff on here, in front of other forum members who don't deserve to be witness to it, meet me any time you want to discuss.

It really dosent get any simpler than that does it."Now was that rude" ???????

Archived