IGNORED

lack of OTIB regulars

The Batman

... of people not being around, i aint seen anything from Dagest for a while. perhaps he's plotting summot against the state. I do miss his anti-"everyone on the forum except Mozo" attitude.

He had good taste that Dagest! Basically he decided that the forum addiction was just a waste of time. Near the end of his time on here, he just started having a go at Rod12, who let's face it posted some absolute gubbins.

mozo, i just think can't be arsed, he never rated opinions on here anyway, and I think he lost his home connection or something. Not seen at AG in months. Permanently skint that boy though.

Got off the dole, got away from skintness, got away from the Williams.

As for mozo, and 'not being seen at AG for months', well that's something i could never willingly contemplate, following City is a happy addiction for me.

You're just not looking close enough. Been making noise in the Dolman for some time.

With so many posters constantly slating the team/management/board/stewards/policing and every other bloody thing on the main City forum, I cant be bothered arguing with such short-sighted people.

Exactly, if I read some negative, miserable diatribe, can't help but offer the counter argument. Obviously, you end up going round in bloody circles. I don't feel enough people make reasoned debate, so why bother debating. Negativity just irritates me. Be happy for ######s sake!

I first started using this forum when Tinnion got sacked, cos I like the rumours. I slowly got dragged into the football debates. A few arguments with Robbored later, I discovered that Barry_manc, WTF and Dagest were putting amusing stuff on non-footy. This was about a year ago, I was between jobs and had the luxury of leaving the forum on my PC and just coming back to it sporadically in between doing stuff. This was the golden age of non-footy, for me. There were some good running in-jokes that the regulars understood, the whole Trev thing came from nothing and after a while we were trying to get people to sing songs about him at games! The 'crap poetry' thread was my favourite, along with the jokes about Barry pulling Llama-face.

The forum's a handy way to kill time, but you can't kill time too much.

There arent any 'non-footy' regulars here now because of the beaurocratic nature of censorship shown on this forum, I beleive. I am still on moderater preview cant remember why or anything, so that stops me, a lot of others are in similar positions so have gone else where. I think mozo got a life which is why he don't post on here, as well as becoming non-english (tut tut), as for others, you know, needs must, most are on here through boredom due to work etc and things change isn't it. It used to be funny on here, it isn't now, I only read this cos a pm said there was something about it and I reckon that's my otib dose done this year. I'm not having a pop at anyone as quite honestly I couldnt give a rats arse. :city:

He had good taste that Dagest! Basically he decided that the forum addiction was just a waste of time. Near the end of his time on here, he just started having a go at Rod12, who let's face it posted some absolute gubbins.

Got off the dole, got away from skintness, got away from the Williams.

You're just not looking close enough. Been making noise in the Dolman for some time.

Exactly, if I read some negative, miserable diatribe, can't help but offer the counter argument. Obviously, you end up going round in bloody circles. I don't feel enough people make reasoned debate, so why bother debating. Negativity just irritates me. Be happy for ######s sake!

I first started using this forum when Tinnion got sacked, cos I like the rumours. I slowly got dragged into the football debates. A few arguments with Robbored later, I discovered that Barry_manc, WTF and Dagest were putting amusing stuff on non-footy. This was about a year ago, I was between jobs and had the luxury of leaving the forum on my PC and just coming back to it sporadically in between doing stuff. This was the golden age of non-footy, for me. There were some good running in-jokes that the regulars understood, the whole Trev thing came from nothing and after a while we were trying to get people to sing songs about him at games! The 'crap poetry' thread was my favourite, along with the jokes about Barry pulling Llama-face.

The forum's a handy way to kill time, but you can't kill time too much.

Suppose the main reason is the fact that people just have more important things to do, ie a family or work, i wont be as much of a regular after the summer because i go on this in my lunch break at work, but as i'm leaving it's going to have to be whenever i'm at home. I agree with mozo about the attitude of some posters on here, however nothing is going on in the world at the moment that hasn't already been discussed on here, not like the good old days where we'd chat about PC-ness, war in Iraq, Immigration, Trev etc. Still, we still got some regulars hanging around, Dorset cider, Dolls, Browner, Red M, it's just there aint nothing to chat about in the non-footy world. Shame really, i enjoyed the debates we used to have, whereas now, it's more conversation based, and i think people just get bored if nothing controversial is being said, then people get interested in it.

I have found some of the funnier posters have left or post much less than before (Mozo, Dagest, Dr F, Malone, Red Goblin, Barrymanc, crack-addled Trev), and this impacts on the quality of threads. Its nice to see WTFIGO! still posting, but you can see he's lost a bit of passion for it, and if someone as easy-going as him is feeling it somethings wrong.

OC 1645 - is the Red Goblin. 'OC 1645' is a tribute username to Oliver Cromwell and Co's liberation of Bristol from the Royalist tyranny in September 1645 :icecream:

I've been very - and sometimes extremely controversially - active in lots of topics on the main message board in recent days. Join the fun by replying to the topics on the following URLs...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry701657

And....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=76119

And....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t=0&start=0

Guest MaloneFM

Whatever happened to...ooh..don't tell me...funniest poster TWO YEARS RUNNING....old chap...mental...bri nylon yellow jumper........nope its gone.

i think people just get bored if nothing controversial is being said, then people get interested in it.

You mean Trev isn't real !!

Well that's controversial enough to get me talking!

Btw, I keep thinking you're Old Dazzler with your avator.

The twelve man was played, smoking's being banned, there was the story of the 400 Ib 7 year old... ''nothing going on therefore there's nothing to talk about'' I don't buy into, it's not the life and World that I've learnt to grow and love. I think it's just circumstance and nature doing it's thing to be honest with you.

My silly gubbins has been transferred to the Sub, barrymanc got sick and tired of being banned and has a seeming inability to 'behave himself', his energy is missed on here, mozo's more or less buggered off, dagest has, Rog got the hump, Sir Colby's found a niech on the sub too. The non-footy traditionalists are still kicking about.

The sub is the current place for my general cyberworld chit-chat and like was cuttingly accused of this place could be considered a little cliquie, it's nice and imformally non-regulated so that suits I. At the end of the day no one really cares, it's only a forum, easy, cheap form of entertainment and a social utensil.

Trev's still smoking the crack, evidence that some things never change.

He still pops down the Sandringham for a pear cider every now & then.....long-necked freak.

I thought they banned raffe's in there after he and some of his pals smashed their heads through the ceiling?

Was a good time for the non-footy forum that, used to give me a chuckle and pass the days. Guess all the wasters like Mozo and Bazza got jobs and stopped the drugs?

*Nod's of agreement all round is a given*

You Crout bastard

Gott in Himmel -you mean Sauerkraut Schweinhund, surely? :dunno:

German's the best language for abusing people, "You Pigdog" doesn't have quite the abusive ring to it.

Blighter's sure to scare unwanted cats away though.

I'm trying. I used to be a regular on Rivals as Eddie Hitler. It's still my favourite board (good mix of people from this and other clubs, relatively few 12 year olds, and many quality posters) but the vastly intrusive software has defeated me as it either won't recognise me or crashes my browser. Shame but there you go.

• Admin
I'm trying. I used to be a regular on Rivals as Eddie Hitler. It's still my favourite board (good mix of people from this and other clubs, relatively few 12 year olds, and many quality posters) but the vastly intrusive software has defeated me as it either won't recognise me or crashes my browser. Shame but there you go.

I've had several attemts at using Rivals, but I have had problems with the software not recognising me, not allowing me to log in etc. Lifes too short to waste it battling with forum software

I've had several attemts at using Rivals, but I have had problems with the software not recognising me, not allowing me to log in etc. Lifes too short to waste it battling with forum software

It has definitely got worse. I had a gap of about 4 years when I didn't have a computer at home and I couldn't really use it at work so I don't know when they changed it. I know it's out of Cheshire Red's hands what software the Rivals network use but it is unusable.

Lads ive noticed you both signed up for the sub recent

Thoughts? Do u think its something other fans on here would Enjoy

www.subcider.co.uk/subb :englandflag:

Anybody who wishes the non-football forum was a bit livelier will find a much better one on subcider where it is the main forum.

I prefer it that way round because most days of the week nothing of note happens at the club; the players come in, they train, they go home. So if the main forum is the club then unless there is a game or a transfer there is nothing new to talk about and you continually recycle the same old chestnuts week after week.

I wouldn't suggest anybody abandon OTIB (unless you get banned as some of the subbers are) as it has many more pure football posters but subcider is a good complement.

Not for the kiddies or easily shocked though; there is a lot of gratuitous swearing and nudity. This isn't big or clever but it's preferable to having your post deleted for something innocuous. Or arbitrarily shunted out to a rarely used subforum so even you have difficulty finding it.

Archived