IGNORED

Lansdowns Lack of ambition

Franklin CITY

Strange that his record ref promotion from this Division is better than GJ's and he's an in demand manager that has kept teams in The Championship and now may be in the play offs with Stoke at the end of this season.

His performance here was abysmall and I wonder why.

considering every signing, press conference and substitution that man made was utterly baffling, i think the question should be more "his performance everywhere else wasnt abysmall - i wonder why".

the man was an utter utter fool, and whilst i don't think you can point to any one individual as the reason for our continual faliure*, i think that Tony Pulis is most probably the most damaging over the past 20 years. Moreso than Osman, even (at least he gave us anfield!).

* and it's certainly not SL! a good chairman let down by his players and his managers. the originator of this post is an absolute idiot, and i'd much rather he and all his mates just ######ked off, and left us with smaller gates, but a better atmosphere. Like away games, maybe.

With £2 million banked from sales at the start of the season you would of thought that we could do bette than a left back/right back/right winger no left winger from the mighty Cheltenham.

Us season ticket holders have yet again been taken for a big ride. I know that we are a captive market and will never defect to another club but this is taking the pi$$.

Yes we are 4th in the league and still in 2 cups (Who cares about the Freight Rover) but we should be walking that league. As long as Lansdown is in carge and as long as he continues not to invest in the club, stating that he wants financial stability then we will continue to under achive.

Johnston is a limited manager who needs the help of a Chairman with ambition. Not one who views mear survival as a great success.

Lansdown's legacy will be that of continued under achievement and the sooner he goes the better for all concerned with the club

exactly yawn ,money doesnt always win you leagues ...players who have heart and passion will. we are 3 -2 up from 2 nil down ..is that good enoughgt for you or do you want landsdown to spend 2 mill on players and when he fails you can moan at him for something else..

funny people moan about SL not pulling and his chequebook and getting players in

Johnson then goes and say's thanks to the chairman for backing him on EVERY PLAYER HE'S WANTED!

I am now going to post my I Love Steve Lansdown bit.

People harp on about Scott Davidson and all his ambition, where exactly did it get us?? One season in the then first division before relegation and some terrible managerial and player signing decisions. Admittedly most is not Davidsons' fault but he did help bring in Benny which is where the wheels sarted falling off.

As for SteveL, name me one manager he has NOT financially backed during his time as Chairman??

Yes he has made some mistakes and at times upset a large number of Bristol City fans, but to say he has no ambition is ridiculous. How much profit - I.E how much more money will he get back than he has put in - will SteveL get if he sells his stake in Bristol City. You can harp on about all these loans etc but really how much profit do you think he makes? Not a bean because ultimately he can't call the loans in as the club would fold and despite the fact some bonds may be reedeemable in a few years I expect most will be renegotiated.

So SteveL I salute you but draw a line at having your children........

Archived