IGNORED

Lansdowns Lack of ambition

Franklin CITY

Totally disagree. Best chairman ever had. Loads of common sense. Once we get some bloody luck we will be greatly rewarded. I wan't my grandchildren to have the possibility to watch City - not bankruptcy.

I apprecite what Landsdown is trying to do for our club but to say he is the best chaiman we've ever had is way off the mark. Theres a certain Harry Dolman and Des Williams to name but two better. Maybe you should campaign to rename one of the stands "The Landsdown Stand".

I apprecite what Landsdown is trying to do for our club but to say he is the best chaiman we've ever had is way off the mark. Theres a certain Harry Dolman and Des Williams to name but two better. Maybe you should campaign to rename one of the stands "The Landsdown Stand".

We are not in the Stone Age anymore. Things nowadays are far more complicated which (almost) everyone is aware of. Look forward - there is only one direction.

yawn, if you are going to moan about the quality of a signing moan at Gary Johnson he is the one who decides what players we buy and sale.

£2m Sale, is it all up front? and perhaps it is going towards losses the clubs made yet again due to our over inflated wage bill,

please clarify how and why we should be walking this league? is it some devine right that we should be promoted? perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think football works that way

Ashton. I have to say that your avatar and Arny's are doing funny things to me. :noexpression: You're a legend sir. :clapping:

We are not in the Stone-Age anymore. Things nowadays are far more complicated which (almost) everyone is aware of. Look forward - there is only one direction.

Stone Age??? You said he was the best chairman EVER?? I strongly disagree. So if we all took your forward thinking output on life that would make Johnson our best ever manager, Basso our best ever keeper etc etc.

At least explain to me what he has done which ranks him higher in your estimation that Dolman or Williams. I am not slating Landsdown - I genuinelly think he is doing all he can to make this club successful and I appreciate what he is attempting. The fact is we have achieved nothing yet so to build him up like that is nothing short of ridiulous. If he goes on to leave a lasting positive impression on our club then I will happily alter my opinion and agree with your comment - I just think statements like that are a bit premature.

and who has been in charge of the club whilst these losses have been made ??

Johnston does what he can with the resorces he has made available to him and that aint much and will continue whilst we faff around buying second rate players.

Nothing aginst Brian Wlson who has always looked a reasonable player but his signing smacks of the limit of Lansdown's ambition

I thought you were serious until i read this JOHNSTON who the fek is JOHNSTON ?

Would you have billy sharp in our team ? of course you would and guess were scunny got him ? leeds youth acdemy so he must be sh1t.

Is there no one on here who went to the share holders meeting ? or do you just want to gloss over the fact that this chairman has taken a club that was 6 million in debt (mostly because of scott davidsons big money buys) and reduced that debt to in his words " if we have a good run in one of the cups the club will almost be free of debt", i personally think thats one hell of a legacy and i thank steve lansdown for that.

Our club in other words was running head long into bankruptcy but now the is a future for the city supporters still to come.

Lets just wait and give the lad a chance before we all start slagging him off, i feel he will bring an awful lot to our team.

Stone Age??? You said he was the best chairman EVER?? I strongly disagree. So if we all took your forward thinking output on life that would make Johnson our best ever manager, Basso our best ever keeper etc etc.

At least explain to me what he has done which ranks him higher in your estimation that Dolman or Williams. I am not slating Landsdown - I genuinelly think he is doing all he can to make this club successful and I appreciate what he is attempting. The fact is we have achieved nothing yet so to build him up like that is nothing short of ridiulous. If he goes on to leave a lasting positive impression on our club then I will happily alter my opinion and agree with your comment - I just think statements like that are a bit premature.

Stone Age yes. I say Lansdown is our best chairman ever because he handle the current circumstances, which are far more complicated than those in the "good old days", with loads of common sense. Nothing condescending about Dolman or Williams though. It's always hard to compare players over the years and I strongly believe that most players who made it in their time would make it today given the circumstances. The same goes for the chairmen. Feel a lot more confident about the clubs long term future today than "in the good old days" though. Twentyfive years ago but not forgotten.

Stone Age yes. I say Lansdown is our best chairman ever because he handle the current circumstances, which are far more complicated than those in the "good old days", with loads of common sense. Nothing condescending about Dolman or Williams though. It's always hard to compare players over the years and I strongly believe that most players who made it in their time would make it today given the circumstances. The same goes for the chairmen. Feel a lot more confident about the clubs long term future today than "in the good old days" though. Twentyfive years ago but not forgotten.

Hellu Meester. I leeke-a zee vey yuoo poot "zee guud oold deys" in speech merks. Vhu ere-a yuoo qoouteeng? I cun tell yuoo thet it's nut me-a! I eccept yuoo theenk Lundsdoon is zee best ifer cheurmun becoose-a he-a hundles cumpleeceted curcoomstunces better thun uny Breestul Ceety cheurmun ifer, elthuoogh he-a hes echeeefed nutheeng - yet!

Joost oooot ooff interest vhu is yuoor best ifer muneger und guelkeeper?

Poot zee cheeckee in zee oofee (surry I meunt beck ooff zee net!)

http://www.tuco.de/home/jschef.htm

Hellu Meester. I leeke-a zee vey yuoo poot "zee guud oold deys" in speech merks. Vhu ere-a yuoo qoouteeng? I cun tell yuoo thet it's nut me-a! I eccept yuoo theenk Lundsdoon is zee best ifer cheurmun becoose-a he-a hundles cumpleeceted curcoomstunces better thun uny Breestul Ceety cheurmun ifer, elthuoogh he-a hes echeeefed nutheeng - yet!

Joost oooot ooff interest vhu is yuoor best ifer muneger und guelkeeper?

Poot zee cheeckee in zee oofee (surry I meunt beck ooff zee net!)

http://www.tuco.de/home/jschef.htm

If you wan't the last word you have to do better than that.

Your good health.

If you wan't the last word you have to do better than that.

Your good health.

Goodness you're a spiky little fella aren't ya?

The subject of this post is "Lansdowns Lack of ambition" and if you actually read what i've written we are both in agreement with eachother in our defence of SL. I just felt the "best chairman ever" line was a bit OTT. If you interpret that as me harping on about the "good old days" then you are simply wrong. I would love SL to be our best ever chairman - it would mean that in my lifetime I would witness some of the greatest achievements our club has ever made. But up to this point all I have witnessed is some near misses and underachieving. Sorry that's not even an opinion or something to debate - that is a fact!

I will also apologise if you interpret my replying to this post as "wanting the last word". But if you want to convince me that Lansdown is the best chairman our football club has ever had ..... "you'll have to do a better than that!"

Goodness you're a spiky little fella aren't ya?

The subject of this post is "Lansdowns Lack of ambition" and if you actually read what i've written we are both in agreement with eachother in our defence of SL. I just felt the "best chairman ever" line was a bit OTT. If you interpret that as me harping on about the "good old days" then you are simply wrong. I would love SL to be our best ever chairman - it would mean that in my lifetime I would witness some of the greatest achievements our club has ever made. But up to this point all I have witnessed is some near misses and underachieving. Sorry that's not even an opinion or something to debate - that is a fact!

I will also apologise if you interpret my replying to this post as "wanting the last word". But if you want to convince me that Lansdown is the best chairman our football club has ever had ..... "you'll have to do a better than that!"

Lansdown is a cleaver man. He is not gambling with the long time future of the club at a time when pressure for short time achievements are bigger than ever. For that I rate him best chairman ever.

With £2 million banked from sales at the start of the season you would of thought that we could do bette than a left back/right back/right winger no left winger from the mighty Cheltenham.

Us season ticket holders have yet again been taken for a big ride. I know that we are a captive market and will never defect to another club but this is taking the pi$$.

Yes we are 4th in the league and still in 2 cups (Who cares about the Freight Rover) but we should be walking that league. As long as Lansdown is in carge and as long as he continues not to invest in the club, stating that he wants financial stability then we will continue to under achive.

Johnston is a limited manager who needs the help of a Chairman with ambition. Not one who views mear survival as a great success.

Lansdown's legacy will be that of continued under achievement and the sooner he goes the better for all concerned with the club

Your post comes across as simplistic at best, making out if you spend big you get results just dosent add up.

Remember we are a 3rd division club so attracting these better players is not easy when we have to compete with championship clubs for the better signatures, also please don't forget Wilson from 'Mighty Cheltenham' was wanted by a championship club not to far from here but was influence to choice us over Plymouth, well done I say, why would you turn that into a negitive.

Remember these:

McCombe-Quality

Noble-Quality

Fountaine-Quality

Jevons-Not Quality but you can't get it right all of the time!

Enoch-Quality

McAllister-Quality

Basso-Quality

Point being not bad for a Chairman with no ambition to support his manager. I m not sure what people like yourself expect? would you of liked SL to of been on the phone to Beckhams agent prior to the LA deal!!

Personally, I think it is an absolute disgrace that Steve Lansdown sits there putting his own money into the club when there is queue of billionnaire oligarchs waiting to plow money in when he steps aside...

oh wait, sorry, meant when there are queue of millionnaire businessmen waiting to step in and stick money in when he steps aside...

Nope...wait...I meant when there was a local businessman with £500,000 waiting to take up the challenge..

No...sorry..stil not quite there....I really meant to say when there is a faction of moaning idiots who complain about £2.20 for a coffee being prepared to doing something constructive rather than talk about paying £750,000 for an ex player who would most likely not really be up for playing for the badge on a wet Tuesday in Chesterfield....

He's a disgrace, no doubt about it, he should step aside and let us drive ourselves back to the great days of 1982...I am so excited about watching City struggle to a draw against teams like Dulwich Hamlet in the cup, that would top my freaking year it really would

Idiots

:disapointed2se:

Lansdown is a cleaver man. He is not gambling with the long time future of the club at a time when pressure for short time achievements are bigger than ever. For that I rate him best chairman ever.

he certainly is a 'cleaver' man - he's chopped all the flair and promise from our club.

as NickJ says, £12 million and counting.......

With £2 million banked from sales at the start of the season you would of thought that we could do bette than a left back/right back/right winger no left winger from the mighty Cheltenham.

Perhaps the best idea is to actually see the chap play and then make a judgement.It's handy to have a player who can play in a number of positions and I still think we're short of a wide player in our squad if Scott Brown doesn't return.BW was player of the season for Chltm IN THIS DIVISION last season, playing WIDE LEFT MIDFIELD.

The other thing to do is wait and see at the end of the month.If a quality striker (at this level and able, hopefully to move up) doesn't come in and, possibly a midfielder, then it will be fair comment to say that we haven't had a proper go.That will be completly justified if we are promoted and have more to invest when we are in The Championship.

If not,another season of what might have been will creat further maliase and put more pressure on SL/GJ.

Us season ticket holders have yet again been taken for a big ride. I know that we are a captive market and will never defect to another club but this is taking the pi$$.

Yes we are 4th in the league and still in 2 cups (Who cares about the Freight Rover) but we should be walking that league.

After nine seasons, why should we be walking it? I agree that a club that as spent as we have and has invested in The Academy SHOULD have done a lot better.That we haven't is down to poor leadership & management.I care about the JPT because it will be a great two legged final if it's against the Gas, earn the club £500,000 and be a great day out, hopefully with a win against Doncaster or Crewe in Cardiff.

As long as Lansdown is in carge and as long as he continues not to invest in the club, stating that he wants financial stability then we will continue to under achive.

Johnston is a limited manager who needs the help of a Chairman with ambition. Not one who views mear survival as a great success.

Lansdown's legacy will be that of continued under achievement and the sooner he goes the better for all concerned with the club

OK.Let's examine that.

Tomorrow morning at 9.00 o'clock SL jacks and puts the club up for sell.

Then what?

OK, If someone like Abramovich turns up then I'm sure the bloke would sell up and go.Fair enough but there has to be someone who has both the cash and the best interests of the club.Like a Steve Gibson.The lack of that type of guy is the only difference between BCFC & Boro.

The point that you make about under acheivement is a valid one.Problem is that it's been valid for about THIRTY YEARS and that isn't down to SL. :(

yawn, if you are going to moan about the quality of a signing moan at Gary Johnson he is the one who decides what players we buy and sale.

£2m Sale, is it all up front? and perhaps it is going towards losses the clubs made yet again due to our over inflated wage bill,

Who decides the wages and signs off the wage budget :whistle2:

The sooner someone with money and ambition comes in to try and undo the mess, the better.

Where are they?

And while you're at it, tell me where they've been for the last THIRTY YEARS

And, please, please, please, don't come out wth that old line about Archie Gooch because that is notorious pub talk

Where are they?

And while you're at it, tell me where they've been for the last THIRTY YEARS

And, please, please, please, don't come out wth that old line about Archie Gooch because that is notorious pub talk

Theres no money in football though is there unless your Chelsea or Man U and play in Europe. Thats why so many foreigners are buying clubs these days. Take the Blackpool manager for example hes been given money to spend and hes foreign. Isnt the chairman loaded there too? Think I remember him being in the top 100 richest people in 4-4-2 a few years ago.

Interesting views, that must mean that Paul Agostino, at £50k was a bad buy, Adam Locke, on a free transfer from Colchester was a bad buy, whereas Steve Jones, £425k from Charlton, and Ian Baird £295k from Hearts must have been real quality signings for us?

Yes but you've forgotten

Paul Holland £175k

Tony Thorpe £1m

Sebok £400k

Lee Peacock £600k

You gets what you pays for..........er :ermm: hang on, I'll have another go at that :blink:

As I've said it about finance (most times), leadership & management-look at Bolton, Middlesboro, Wigan.....then look at our record over the same period.Sad really

Totally disagree. Best chairman ever had. Loads of common sense. Once we get some bloody luck we will be greatly rewarded. I wan't my grandchildren to have the possibility to watch City - not bankruptcy.

Best Chairman ever?

Have you ever heard of Harry Dolman.

Or even Scott Davidson or Des Williams fot that matter.

I assume this is a joke. Pulis is a f*cking idiot and always will be!!

Strange that his record ref promotion from this Division is better than GJ's and he's an in demand manager that has kept teams in The Championship and now may be in the play offs with Stoke at the end of this season.

His performance here was abysmall and I wonder why.

Yes but you've forgotten

Paul Holland £175k

Tony Thorpe £1m

Sebok £400k

Lee Peacock £600k

You gets what you pays for..........er :ermm: hang on, I'll have another go at that :blink:

As I've said it about finance (most times), leadership & management-look at Bolton, Middlesboro, Wigan.....then look at our record over the same period.Sad really

I recall all of those and just gave two examples as you could go on and on and on, Dyche, Kuhl and Torpey to name three are others we didn't get our money's worth from, just as I could have mentioned Barnard, Nicky Morgan, Goater, Shelton, Bob and Shaun Taylor and Allison as real VFM.

One further point, you mentioned Wilson was player of the season at Cheltenham last year in our division, they were in the league below and won the play offs.

Best Chairman ever?

Have you ever heard of Harry Dolman.

Or even Scott Davidson or Des Williams fot that matter.

A lot of post on this matter and hard to get the overview. I'm not saying anything condescending about Dolman or Williams (or Davidson). Dolman where chair for more than thirty years starting in 1949. He gave us the clubs best football and success since 1909. However, more than thirty years from 1949 sounds leading to 2nd February 1982 in my ears. In that case (correct me if I'm wrong) it was a sad end for a big man. Can't say when Williams became chair but close to 2nd February 1982 I reckon. Survival was what it was about at the time and he to did an excellent job.

Archived