IGNORED

Lansdowns Lack of ambition

Franklin CITY

With £2 million banked from sales at the start of the season you would of thought that we could do bette than a left back/right back/right winger no left winger from the mighty Cheltenham.

Us season ticket holders have yet again been taken for a big ride. I know that we are a captive market and will never defect to another club but this is taking the pi$$.

Yes we are 4th in the league and still in 2 cups (Who cares about the Freight Rover) but we should be walking that league. As long as Lansdown is in carge and as long as he continues not to invest in the club, stating that he wants financial stability then we will continue to under achive.

Johnston is a limited manager who needs the help of a Chairman with ambition. Not one who views mear survival as a great success.

Lansdown's legacy will be that of continued under achievement and the sooner he goes the better for all concerned with the club

yawn, if you are going to moan about the quality of a signing moan at Gary Johnson he is the one who decides what players we buy and sale.

£2m Sale, is it all up front? and perhaps it is going towards losses the clubs made yet again due to our over inflated wage bill,

please clarify how and why we should be walking this league? is it some devine right that we should be promoted? perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think football works that way

With £2 million banked from sales at the start of the season you would of thought that we could do bette than a left back/right back/right winger no left winger from the mighty Cheltenham.

Us season ticket holders have yet again been taken for a big ride. I know that we are a captive market and will never defect to another club but this is taking the pi$$.

Yes we are 4th in the league and still in 2 cups (Who cares about the Freight Rover) but we should be walking that league. As long as Lansdown is in carge and as long as he continues not to invest in the club, stating that he wants financial stability then we will continue to under achive.

Johnston is a limited manager who needs the help of a Chairman with ambition. Not one who views mear survival as a great success.

Lansdown's legacy will be that of continued under achievement and the sooner he goes the better for all concerned with the club

I'll watch this debate with semi-interest...

You'll get the ''ah, but he's 'bankrolling' this Club - why are some City fans such bastards?'' brigade.

Then you'll get the side that I sway too, ''In term's of success for BCFC the bloke has proved himself a joke, not to mention the discontent him and his chief-executive have caused amongst many long term deep-routed City People''

The sooner someone with money and ambition comes in to try and undo the mess, the better.

and who has been in charge of the club whilst these losses have been made ??

Johnston does what he can with the resorces he has made available to him and that aint much and will continue whilst we faff around buying second rate players.

Nothing aginst Brian Wlson who has always looked a reasonable player but his signing smacks of the limit of Lansdown's ambition

SIGH. Yet again the automatic assumption that BIG TRANSFER FEE=GOOD PLAYER, SMALL TRANSFER FEE=BAD PLAYER.

For all we know Johnson may have a transfer budget of 2 million but if he can bring good players on the cheap then surely that's a GOOD thing?

Johnston does what he can with the resorces he has made available to him and that aint much and will continue whilst we faff around buying second rate players.

Nothing aginst Brian Wlson who has always looked a reasonable player but his signing smacks of the limit of Lansdown's ambition

BCFC seemed more of a club with ambition when Scott Davidson was Chairman. The wheels really came off the BCFC cart when Goater and then Wardy left and then we were relegated and have been languishing in this poxy division ever since with Steve Lansdown as Chairman.

To be fair, I suspect Johnson has had the call on the players brought in, not Lansdown. Johnson doesnt exactly like egos, so we wont spend big on that front.

For once Lansdown is innocent ( God help me, I just supported him!! :shocking: )

Why is it Lansdowns lack of ambition?

He has said that he will support GJ in the transfer market and so far he has. SL can only fork out what is asked of him. Lets be honest what big money player is really going to want to join a league one club??

......Adi Akinbiyi ???!!!!! We sold him for £millions and we could have recently brought him back for a few hundred thousand !!!! :farmer:

Why is it Lansdowns lack of ambition?

He has said that he will support GJ in the transfer market and so far he has. SL can only fork out what is asked of him. Lets be honest what big money player is really going to want to join a league one club??

a former premiership forward/journey man forward looking for the easy life and a decent payday............oh wait, we just got shot of one of them

Interesting views, that must mean that Paul Agostino, at £50k was a bad buy, Adam Locke, on a free transfer from Colchester was a bad buy, whereas Steve Jones, £425k from Charlton, and Ian Baird £295k from Hearts must have been real quality signings for us?

......Adi Akinbiyi ???!!!!! We sold him for £millions and we could have recently brought him back for a few hundred thousand !!!! :farmer:

Yeah but we don't need him back do we??? I don't think Adi coming back would be a good thing. We don't really need another striker for a start and even if we did why him?? I think he has moved on from us and we have moved on from him.

Interesting views, that must mean that Paul Agostino, at £50k was a bad buy, Adam Locke, on a free transfer from Colchester was a bad buy, whereas Steve Jones, £425k from Charlton, and Ian Baird £295k from Hearts must have been real quality signings for us?

Forgot Leapy at 600,000 in there

Lansdown will not buy his way out of this division.

I expect IF we get promoted to see the ££££££ rolling. We have a team and a manager that can get us there, but I don't think he will throw money around just to attempt us getting promoted as it may fall flat and then left with nothing to show for it.

MM

I expect IF we get promoted to see the ££££££ rolling. We have a team and a manager that can get us there, but I don't think he will throw money around just to attempt us getting promoted as it may fall flat and then left with nothing to show for it.

MM

We'd need to MM, we'd need to, hence why I say we should be starting now. doesnt look like we are so far though

Good point. As far as I'm aware the "limited" Johnson and the "ambitionless" Landsdown spent very little on the two Jamie Mac's - so according to certain views on this thread they must be sh!t@. Anyone else agree with the assessment of these budget buys?

Wilson has not even turned out in the mighty red shirt yet people are describing the people at the helm as "limited"? Lets see what he can do first before casting him aside as a poor value for money signing.

MM

Very true !! we've been there and done that and it didn't work.

Thats how we got the debt and the big wage bill !!

SL will spend as needed when we get promotion !!

A couple of points-

1- GJ wont buy anyone with a reputation, he likes youngsters he can groom his way.

2- SL has backed previous managers with cash for signings.

3- The same old mistake is being made regarding signings from 'smaller' clubs. In the past we have signed plenty of talented players from lesser clubs than us.

Look in the team now , McCombe - What a signing from the mighty Lincoln!

4- SL will back GJ if he wants funds for signings, But its up to GJ to name names.

5- Some talk on this forum saying sign this player and that player, they only cost £400,000. We may be able to find the cash to sign these players but quite simply cant afford the wages.

-Finally i have confidence in the way GJ is going about his dealings and hope that by May we will be in the championship. Then we will be able to offer wages to lure more players to BCFC.

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves

MM

This seems to be the message.

Lansdown has said that when we get to the Championship, it will then be time to invest to keep us where we should belong.

Would the money get us up, if Lansdown was to splash now, would it get us up. I think he has put faith in Johnson to manage his way out of this league.

I assume this is a joke. Pulis is a f*cking idiot and always will be!!

Here here!! And no doubt supporters of Portsmouth, Plymouth, Stoke and any other club who has had to endure his mind-numbingly negative brand of football will agree with your description of Pulis. You could put his biatch Lyndsay Parsons in that category as well!

Totally disagree. Best chairman ever had. Loads of common sence. Once we get some bloody luck we will be greatly rewarded. I wan't my grandchildren to have the possibility to watch City - not bankruptcy.

Best chairman we ever had ?????????

What legacy will he leave us ??

Its that sort of attidude which will keep us in this poxy league until your grandchildren are old enough to see sense

Best chairman we ever had ?????????

What legacy will he leave us ??

Its that sort of attidude which will keep us in this poxy league until your grandchildren are old enough to see sense

Forget it. This club has hardly achieved anything over the last one hundred years. We are bloody unlucky at the time but our luck will come..

You bet!!!!

Archived