IGNORED

Poor attendence again

Robbored

Despite some very good games lately down at BS3 and City sitting fourth in the league, it was very disapointing to see that the gate was only just over 10k today.

I don't know what the team has to do to encourage the staways and partimers to start turning up and supporting the club. :dunno:

I guess with a lot of people being paid monthly, paying for so many home games over the Christmas and New Year can be difficult.

There is another Cup game in 3 days time...maybe some chose to go to Coventry on Tuesday instead of AG today.

Maybe it is down to the cost.

Definately. I went today for the first time this season, match ticket cost £21 plus I bought a program and drink which added about another fiver onto the cost. Spending £26 just to spend a couple of hours at a league 1 football match with little atmosphere is not something I am able or willing to do every week, loyal fan or not.

Despite some very good games lately down at BS3 and City sitting fourth in the league, it was very disapointing to see that the gate was only just over 10k today.

I don't know what the team has to do to encourage the staways and partimers to start turning up and supporting the club. :dunno:

Lower the prices, open the EE and maybe give an indication thet the fans matter?

Maybe I am just a cynic.

Definately. I went today for the first time this season, match ticket cost £21 plus I bought a program and drink which added about another fiver onto the cost. Spending £26 just to spend a couple of hours at a league 1 football match with little atmosphere is not something I am able or willing to do every week, loyal fan or not.

er...NOT, obviously!

Yes it does , we all have bills, one game is part time

We all have bills, and we all have different wages, some more than others.

Some will have higher bills, kids, and other commitments before City.

Some people can simply not afford to attend as many games as they would like to, it in no way makes them less loyal.

For the record, i was there today, and i am a season ticket holder.

Weather..........January......Skint........?

If were top 4 in March , watch the Red Army fill the stadium, and take thousands away.......Arn

Why penalise fans who don't know if they can go to games till the actual day of the game, why charge kids £10 on the day when we have a HALF EMPTY stadium. We all don't live in Bristol and if were not sure if we can get to a saturday game why should we have have to pay extra on the day.

Example.. my boy plays football on a saturday morning and if i am not sure i can get to City on time i wont book tickets online in advance. His game gets called off and to pay on the day will cost me and 2 kids an extra £12.

Does that encourage me to go?

Robbered theres an example. Get your supporters club to encourage the chairman to drop prices and FILL the stadium.

Why penalise fans who don't know if they can go to games till the actual day of the game, why charge kids £10 on the day when we have a HALF EMPTY stadium. We all don't live in Bristol and if were not sure if we can get to a saturday game why should we have have to pay extra on the day.

Example.. my boy plays football on a saturday morning and if i am not sure i can get to City on time i wont book tickets online in advance. His game gets called off and to pay on the day will cost me and 2 kids an extra £12.

Robbered theres an example. Get your supporters club to encourage the chairman to drop prices and FILL the stadium.

Totally agree, and if you check the championship teams we are all ready paying the same or more in some cases to watch a lower grade of football!

WAKE UP Higher gas and electric charges, soon higher rate charges.Then there is the little thing about HIGHER INTEREST

RATES hiked up the other day.Got a mortgage, then you pay more.

Ashton Gate an option to many it is not!Entrance prices need to be reduced but they will not because like everyone else the club overheads are also increasing.So get use to lower gates and a sterile atmostphere in a ground that has far too many restrictions on true City fans.That are inflicted by over zealous stewards the police and the oppressive regime at the helm of the club. :noexpression:

I guess with a lot of people being paid monthly, paying for so many home games over the Christmas and New Year can be difficult.

There is another Cup game in 3 days time...maybe some chose to go to Coventry on Tuesday instead of AG today.

There is another solution. Become a turnstile operator at Ashton Gate. The club is crying out for turnstile staff, and you get paid plus you get to see the games for nothing. There are other benefits as well , so pm me if you want more details.

Shame as the stay-aways have missed 11 goals and 2 cracking matches.I have every sympathy regarding cost. I am a S/T holder but have a family and a fairly crappy job, so rarely can afford away games.Many City fans live long distances away as well so, so many games in a short period does hit the pocket with train fares/fuel etc. Club should be applauded for the offers they do offer, but it's an expensive luxury now compared to the 70s/80s.

Bill, do stop talking sense now. Robbored and his mates Lansdown and Sextone aint interested. The fact youre right is quite beside the point now.

What the team has to do is play the sort of football we saw last week and the kind we saw SECOND half today. People will start coming back - make no mistake. But if we see similar football to the first half today and the general whooshball with 10-15 minutes of decent play thrown in that has summarised our season so far then some people, for whom perhaps money, family commitments, work commitments etc. make attendance at football harder to justify than the rest of us, will carry on deciding that the price for admission can be better spent on other forms of ENTERTAINMENT/more time with the family/earning overtime at work.

Thats not the point I'm trying to make.

The point is, that at £20 + a game, its too expensive.

Labelling someone as "not loyal" because they cannot afford to attend as much as you or I is unfair.

I'm not knocking people who genuinely can't afford it, but there are people (I'm sure we ALL know some) that claim to be fans, plead poverty , then spend the rest of the afternoon DRINKING in the local!

I wasn't there today as it was a family members birthday and they wanted to see us all and get together.

If putting a family members wishes before Bristol City Football Club makes me a poor fan, then so be it.

Better that IMHO, than football is my only thing in life saddo types.

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves

I think the attendances may be slightly massaged :shocking:

Taking in consideration we have over 8000 season ticket holders, so including few 100 from Trannie, that means a couple of 1000 pay on day attendee's.

Many teams include season ticket holders whether they turn up or not. Not sure that City do this.

Something a little strange - somewhere. :disapointed2se:

I agree with most of the above. I love City through and through and have been atending games for 25 years. As a family man I can manage about one game a month, and I bring the kids along for about half of them. With the mortgage etc...blah blah blah.. you can't always do it. Fair play to the city though for the incentive to bring the young ones, without it I wouldn't be bringing the kids and they certainly wouldn't grow up wanting to watch the City. As it is, it's in their blood and they are fans of the future. Lets have even more of it please.

PS I think that we are going to do it this year, bring on the Oldham!

:chant6ez:

Archived