IGNORED

Poor attendence again

Robbored

The cheapest would be £29 (£17+£6+£6) advance payment to sit in the Atyeo (Cat. C game)

The dearest would be £55 (£31+£12+£12) Platinum seating in the Williams (Cat. B game)

I think these figures are correct.

And explain two coffee,s..........£2. 40.......joke.

Small cup water with a bit of the black stuff.

Hardly Starbuck,s.....

Much as I think prices are too high, that is ridiculous.

You could buy an adult and 2 child season tickets for approx £400. That's about £16 per game - £8 per hour in your language.

And you don't have to buy a programme. You ought to be able to go 2 hours without a drink and food, and even if you cant, I presume you would eat/drink something if you were somewhere else.

Yes you are right....we could all go 2 hours without something to eat/drink....but for most, it's the "matchday experience" we want.

Just like going to the cinema, without buying £5's worth of popcorn......or to the sweet factory without buying £10's worth of "home-made" sweets.

Also: £16 per game in "my language" works out at £10.66 per hour as the game last 90 mins.

Took me two boys up yesterday, online bookings = £30 programme £3, 2 pasties and a pie £7, 3 drinks £4, petrol. approx £10.

In total it cost me about £54 and i didnt even have a pint. Mind you if i had paid on the day it would have been £70 :disapointed2se: . Thats crazy. I didnt even realise it cost that much till now. Hope my mrs doesnt get to read this :shocking: .

People will say that you don't need to eat and drink but you have to try and keep your kids happy when your 2-0 down and they want to go home :disapointed2se: :noexpression: .

Took me two boys up yesterday, online bookings = £30 programme £3, 2 pasties and a pie £7, 3 drinks £4, petrol. approx £10.

In total it cost me about £54 and i didnt even have a pint. Mind you if i had paid on the day it would have been £70 :disapointed2se: . Thats crazy. I didnt even realise it cost that much till now. Hope my mrs doesnt get to read this :shocking: .

People will say that you don't need to eat and drink but you have to try and keep your kids happy when your 2-0 down and they want to go home :disapointed2se: :noexpression: .

It cost you 60p per minute......every 10 mins was costing you £6.

or £36 per hour.

City don't decide food prices, that's all done by the catering firm, it's been completely outsourced and city have no control, all they can do is pass on complaints.

rightly or wrongly that's the situation

More and more people are bringing their own food and drink into the ground....

One bloke near us on Saturday had Fish & Chips and a can of coke......brought in under his jacket!!!

Regards the caterers.....Who takes the profit from the sales then? What money does the club get?

More and more people are bringing their own food and drink into the ground....

One bloke near us on Saturday had Fish & Chips and a can of coke......brought in under his jacket!!!

Regards the caterers.....Who takes the profit from the sales then? What money does the club get?

Your aving a laugh.............fish and chips?

Cold or what........steward must of smelt it............or did he give umme a chip :whistle2:

Despite some very good games lately down at BS3 and City sitting fourth in the league, it was very disapointing to see that the gate was only just over 10k today.

I don't know what the team has to do to encourage the staways and partimers to start turning up and supporting the club. :dunno:

atmoshpere and numbers.

all down to 7 years of leting us all down, often at the final hurdle.

we all still loves em.

Cold or what........steward must of smelt it............or did he give umme a chip :whistle2:

Arny, I'm sorry mate.but your avatar, it's causing me problems.

Who is she?, where can I view it or ones like them?, can you remove it?, my laptop appears to have become a bit wobbly!.

The thread oh yeah..........I see plenty of people in the Dolman get out flasks and snacks at half-time.............It is a really nice avatar. :tongue:

I tell you..the whiff was so strong......I thought we was playing away to Grimsby :rofl2br:

Arny, I'm sorry mate.but your avatar, it's causing me problems.

Who is she?, where can I view it or ones like them?, can you remove it?, my laptop appears to have become a bit wobbly!.

The thread oh yeah..........I see plenty of people in the Dolman get out flasks and snacks at half-time.............It is a really nice avatar. :tongue:

That avatar just sorted out my big problem :innocent06:

Yes you are right....we could all go 2 hours without something to eat/drink....but for most, it's the "matchday experience" we want.

Just like going to the cinema, without buying £5's worth of popcorn......or to the sweet factory without buying £10's worth of "home-made" sweets.

Also: £16 per game in "my language" works out at £10.66 per hour as the game last 90 mins.

Sorry mate, you have a point and on reflection I think my original reply was a little curt.

I agree, what you mention is all part of the matchday experience. However, I rarely spend more than a price of a cup of coffee at the ground. The food as you say is overpriced and the beer is crap (I would like to know why it is possible for barrels and barrels of Bass to be put on for the rugby match but City games get supplied with the putrid Worthington!).

I don't see any reason why you can't buy food and drink outside the ground and bring it in, though no doubt there will be a petty ground regulation that says you cant. (I took pie and chips from a chippie into the ground with me at Cheltenham the other week, the stewards didnt seem to have any problem with it).

And you are correct, your maths is more accurate than mine - and I'm an accountant!

Sorry mate, you have a point and on reflection I think my original reply was a little curt.

I agree, what you mention is all part of the matchday experience. However, I rarely spend more than a price of a cup of coffee at the ground. The food as you say is overpriced and the beer is crap (I would like to know why it is possible for barrels and barrels of Bass to be put on for the rugby match but City games get supplied with the putrid Worthington!).

I don't see any reason why you can't buy food and drink outside the ground and bring it in, though no doubt there will be a petty ground regulation that says you cant. (I took pie and chips from a chippie into the ground with me at Cheltenham the other week, the stewards didnt seem to have any problem with it).

And you are correct, your maths is more accurate than mine - and I'm an accountant!

No need to be/say sorry.... I was having a spell on the calculator working out prices for someone else.

I wonder what the reaction would be if no one bought any food or drinks at the kiosks for just one game?

Some people waste over 30 minutes trying to get served and probably miss 10 minutes of each half in doing so.

Many missed the first City goal on Saturday!!!

Your point about petty ground regulations reminds me of trying to enter the Millennium Stadium where stewards were lined up across the entrances and were stopping people from bringing plastic bottled drinks through the turnstiles, due to safety regulations.

Once inside, the kiosks were selling the very same brand of drinks and in the same sized plastic bottles at over twice the RRP!!!

Safety regulations my bum.

No need to be/say sorry.... I was having a spell on the calculator working out prices for someone else.

I wonder what the reaction would be if no one bought any food or drinks at the kiosks for just one game?

Some people waste over 30 minutes trying to get served and probably miss 10 minutes of each half in doing so.

Many missed the first City goal on Saturday!!!

Your point about petty ground regulations reminds me of trying to enter the Millennium Stadium where stewards were lined up across the entrances and were stopping people from bringing plastic bottled drinks through the turnstiles, due to safety regulations.

Once inside, the kiosks were selling the very same brand of drinks and in the same sized plastic bottles at over twice the RRP!!!

Safety regulations my bum.

Absolutely spot on.

I recall a home match right at the beginning of last season, it was so hot, most people were buying cold drinks outside the ground - a physical necessity if you didnt want to pass out through dehydration.

At the turnstiles, the stewards were "confiscating" said drinks from everyone - there were literally bags and bags full of harmless bottles of water and fizzy drinks. I did have a few choice words for the steward who took ours away, but I suppose he was only acting on the instructions of those at the club who issue the petty ground regulations I mentioned earlier.

Inside the ground, as you say, the same drinks were being sold, at twice the price, with the top removed. We all know why the tops are removed, after all of the 15 million people that attend football across the country each season, all of 5 or 6 had been known to throw one on the pitch. But why the hell they just couldnt remove tops from bottles at the turnstiles defies belief - but there you have it.

I think one day, in the unlikely event that I fall out of love with football and Bristol City, I'm going to smuggle a Fanta top into the ground with me, buy a Fanta inside the ground, put my top back on and launch it at the first person I see in a red or yellow jacket bearing the legend "Bristol City Events", just for the hell of it.

Sorry, bit of a rant and a bit off topic - or is it? I cant be the only one fed up with the Big Brother approach to every law abiding citizen at football.

So there's another reason for you, Robbored!

Absolutely spot on.

I recall a home match right at the beginning of last season, it was so hot, most people were buying cold drinks outside the ground - a physical necessity if you didnt want to pass out through dehydration.

At the turnstiles, the stewards were "confiscating" said drinks from everyone - there were literally bags and bags full of harmless bottles of water and fizzy drinks. I did have a few choice words for the steward who took ours away, but I suppose he was only acting on the instructions of those at the club who issue the petty ground regulations I mentioned earlier.

Inside the ground, as you say, the same drinks were being sold, at twice the price, with the top removed. We all know why the tops are removed, after all of the 15 million people that attend football across the country each season, all of 5 or 6 had been known to throw one on the pitch. But why the hell they just couldnt remove tops from bottles at the turnstiles defies belief - but there you have it.

I think one day, in the unlikely event that I fall out of love with football and Bristol City, I'm going to smuggle a Fanta top into the ground with me, buy a Fanta inside the ground, put my top back on and launch it at the first person I see in a red or yellow jacket bearing the legend "Bristol City Events", just for the hell of it.

Sorry, bit of a rant and a bit off topic - or is it? I cant be the only one fed up with the Big Brother approach to every law abiding citizen at football.

So there's another reason for you, Robbored!

Top post!

(sorry for the pun) :innocent06:

I think cost and apathy are a barrier to getting +15,000 for the non "big games".

It is hard to argue the issue on cost on here, as as most go to every game, so seemingly have no problem with it. I agree that season tickets are good value, however I think match day tickets are too expensive, especially those bought on the day. I know floating fans take this view, having recently arranged a get together for a group.

I think apathy set in following the play-off debacle, people have simply had enough of this league, and the level of teams therein.

I appreciate your point, apologies for initial misunderstanding.

I guess for some people an afternoon in the pub might be higher priority than an afternoon at AG.

Perhaps it would be cheaper as well, for the cost of said ticket, pasty and pint at AG, you could have a good 10 pints at the local.

Maybe something can be said about the club here, if people are choosing to stay away, for whatever reason. It doesnt neccessarily mean theyre not loyal. Perhaps the club should be endevouring to make an afternoon at Bristol City more attractive than a few beers in the local.

It is cost, nothing more or less.

I don't reckon we're over-priced at AG, I mean we're paying close to £21 for a ticket for most of the away games I have attended this season. Forest for example was £28 if memory serves me right?

It's just pure and simple time of year, people with commitments and also many games close together.

Personally I went to the game but don't have any kids so am not stretched like a lot of others. There will come a time when I may well be in the same boat.

It was in the program notes as well so the club recognise that (maybe a price reduction along with recognising it may have helped?).

Just the way of life - some people are "con-sid-er-ably richer than Yow", does make anymore more or less of a supporter.

Archived