IGNORED

Brooker and Jevons

no_merde

I didn't see the 'shaking head, walking back to the touchline, dropping his knitting' incident, as it shall forever be known. But I did see Brooker sulk, moan and generally complain throughout the entire match if he didn't get his own way.

Passes to feet instead, of to head: complain. Passes to left foot, instead of right: complain. Passes to run onto, instead of to feet: complain. Basically, unless he scores from a move he complains about the service he gets. Whether it's Skuse, who being the youngster is the easy target, Showumni or Orr, who's usually off-target with his passing anyway.

And Sarah B, please don't selflessly defend him; he's not perfect, despite what you make out.

My own personal opinion is that one of the reasons we struggle on occasions up front, is that we haven't found anyone to play alongside Brooker - and I'm not sure if there is anyone. He's too individual. Lita worked ok, but then he was very individual as well. Probably the best partnership we've had up front so far this season was PJ and ES as they acted as a partnership.

Anyway, just a thought...

I never once said the man was perfect. But come on this is unfair he worked his socks off for the team yesterday as he always does when he plays and his hard work set up two of the goals. He may get frustrated out there but its not personal to anyone he just wants to be scoring and the team to be successful whats so wrong with that?????

I never once said the man was perfect. But come on this is unfair he worked his socks off for the team yesterday as he always does when he plays and his hard work set up two of the goals. He may get frustrated out there but its not personal to anyone he just wants to be scoring and the team to be successful whats so wrong with that?????

You might as well be saying the guy's perfect - every criticsim of him is defended by you! Yep, he worked well and had a good second half after a very quiet first half. I'm just making an observation that there are other players who work better in partnerships than he does, that's all Sarah B.

It's not pal. I'm sorry for being so subtle. I wanted to see whether anyone else had seen the incident without me giving it away.

Basically, after Jevons scored Brooker's reaction was unbelievable - he shook his head, turned around and walked off. The rest of the players went off to congratulate Jevons, and Brooker walked in the opposite direction and didn't even shake his hand when he returned to the semi-circle.

There's something going on there, and I don't know what it is. But the prison incident has got something to do with it. :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

sometimes players like people just don't get on, wasn't it Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham a few years back for Man U, didn't even speak off the field as they just didn't get on with each other? didn't stop them winning games and trophies though?

sounds to me like people just trying to make a big deal out of nothing, quite similar happened when Jennison scored, alot of the players went to Brooker and not jennison? don't see any issue,

perhaps because Brooker played in a key part in the goal and Jevons didn't thank him he was understandable peve'd

sometimes players like people just don't get on, wasn't it Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham a few years back for Man U, didn't even speak off the field as they just didn't get on with each other? didn't stop them winning games and trophies though?

sounds to me like people just trying to make a big deal out of nothing, quite similar happened when Jennison scored, alot of the players went to Brooker and not jennison? don't see any issue,

perhaps because Brooker played in a key part in the goal and Jevons didn't thank him he was understandable peve'd

Well said!!!

What is the 'prison incident' that everyone is talking about?

As I understand it, Dave Partridge almost had his ear kicked off outside Romeo Brown's nightclub by a bouncer. The bouncer had the assault charge against him dropped and Dave Partridge got 3 months prison. Steve Brooker and Bradley Orr got a few weeks prison and Scott Brown got community service for trying to save Dave Partridge getting more of a kicking from the half-wit oaf of a bouncer. If I saw a mate taking a kicking from a bouncer I'd intervene as well. Thanks to the hopelessly corrupt toff/snob royalist filth Crown Prosecution Service lawyers we can now expect a prison term for defending friends/ work colleagues from thuggish bouncers. :disapointed2se:

I didn't see the 'shaking head, walking back to the touchline, dropping his knitting' incident, as it shall forever be known. But I did see Brooker sulk, moan and generally complain throughout the entire match if he didn't get his own way.

Passes to feet instead, of to head: complain. Passes to left foot, instead of right: complain. Passes to run onto, instead of to feet: complain. Basically, unless he scores from a move he complains about the service he gets. Whether it's Skuse, who being the youngster is the easy target, Showumni or Orr, who's usually off-target with his passing anyway.

And Sarah B, please don't selflessly defend him; he's not perfect, despite what you make out.

My own personal opinion is that one of the reasons we struggle on occasions up front, is that we haven't found anyone to play alongside Brooker - and I'm not sure if there is anyone. He's too individual. Lita worked ok, but then he was very individual as well. Probably the best partnership we've had up front so far this season was PJ and ES as they acted as a partnership.

Anyway, just a thought...

Red Mat, you have summed up perfectly just what me and my daughter thought of Brooker

yesterday. Granted in the second half he along with the team started to play like a championship side but in my opinion there were a number of other City players better than him. I still maintain that Jeavons works his socks off in most games and what he lacks in pace makes up with his very intelligent footballing brain. I also agreed for once with Johnson substituting him for Jennison's pace and before Sarah B's once again leaps to Brookers defence I did think that as the game progressed and Tranmere's defence tired he would have scored or set up the winning goal.

I know that much, but why would Brooker and Jevons in particular have a problem with each other because of it?

They haven't got a problem with each other. What makes me laugh is most of the people on this forum have a problem with Jevons but its unnaceptable for Brooks to have a problem with him apparently!! not that he has because I'm sure he hasan't.

I was accused of standing up for Jevons yesterday. Do i stalk him too then? :noexpression:

Well you DO constantly go on about them......... :whistle2:

all joking aside, BCFC World commentry did mention, what I think is the incident referred to here, and did wonder what it was all about.

So no merde may have a point?

Maybe instead of running off and congratulating eachother for equalising perhaps Brooker felt that whilst the momentum was with City he just wanted to crack on and try to get the winner. Which he nearly did!

I think you are spot on. If you look after the first goal, Enoch runs back with the ball straight away.

When the 2nd goes in, both Enoch & Brooker are looking pissed off because they want to get the ball back on halfway line as quickly as possible while the momentum is still with City. Meanwhile Jevons is running over to the corner spot wasting valuable time of the game. I honestly think it's nothing more cynical than that.

Also, to back this up - at Full Time there was none of the heroic hugs between the players or big celebrations with the fans. The players knew they had let themselves down with the performance in the first half and while they had dug themselves out of it - it didn't deserve them lording it up like they'd won the FA Cup Final.

That (the bit after the whistle) was quite refreshing - it shows the players know what hard work they have infront of them.

Of course it could be that Brooker hates Jevons with a pashion - it makes it more fun on here doesn't it :whistle2:

My Good God it was a football match not a soap opera!! I know some of you lot don't particuarly like Jevons but its a bit much to blame him for Brooks going to prison!! :noexpression:

I'm sure you are all reading to much into that. I thought it was Jennison and Jevons who didn't get on not Brooks and Jevons. hehe.

Not a soap opera? Are you telling me that you missed the incident, after he scored, when Tracey Barlow rushed over and smashed Phil Jevons over the head with a heavy ornament - so hard that he had to be substituted!

Maybe instead of running off and congratulating eachother for equalising perhaps Brooker felt that whilst the momentum was with City he just wanted to crack on and try to get the winner. Which he nearly did!

Yep exactly!! Apparently GJ likes them to get on with it after scoring rather than go mad celebrating and be in danger of losing their concentration.

Not a soap opera? Are you telling me that you missed the incident, after he scored, when Tracey Barlow rushed over and smashed Phil Jevons over the head with a heavy ornament - so hard that he had to be substituted!

So long as we don't wake up to find Pulis is still in charge and last few years have been a dream.

Although waking up to find it is 1981, we weren't relegated but are challenging for the (proper) first division title and I am young again (and just for OC Thatcher is still in power) would be great.

It's not pal. I'm sorry for being so subtle. I wanted to see whether anyone else had seen the incident without me giving it away.

Basically, after Jevons scored Brooker's reaction was unbelievable - he shook his head, turned around and walked off. The rest of the players went off to congratulate Jevons, and Brooker walked in the opposite direction and didn't even shake his hand when he returned to the semi-circle.

There's something going on there, and I don't know what it is. But the prison incident has got something to do with it. :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

As the game was about to be restarted, Brooks put his thumb up to Jevons and applauded him.

As the game was about to be restarted, Brooks put his thumb up to Jevons and applauded him.

Yes but these people only see what they want to see so they were blind to that. :disapointed2se:

I didn't notice anything on Saturday but I've been wondering why he didn't celebrate his goal against

Coventry the previous week, looked completely pissed off

Tired, emotional, glad to be back scoring? getting over what must have been the worst period of his life!?

Maybe not pee'd off but overwelmed?(sp)

No we were all watching Brooker tutting and shaking his head and dropping his knitting. And Scott Murray wagging his finger at JMW and shaking his head too.

And probably tutting.

How do you tut without any teeth in? I thought Murray was puckering at JMW? Disgraceful.

I didn't notice anything on Saturday but I've been wondering why he didn't celebrate his goal against

Coventry the previous week, looked completely pissed off

Who Brooker? He did celebrate his goal against Coventry. There is evidence of this in Tranmere's programme incase you missed it at the match.

Brooker and Showunmi are quite right, get the game won and celebrate at the end. All this celebrating and stuff is childish nonsense that should have been left on the U11 mini pitch. Grown men sliding into corner flags like some demi-gods or rocking the baby etc etc.

Did you see Moyes doing his absolute nut when Johnson was celebrating his equaliser against Reading in the 80odd minute. Jesus what a dipstick - celebrating a goal for 2 minutes when you have about 5 minutes left to grab a winner!!

Archived