IGNORED

Johnson going?

icamanicity

Perhaps he will go to a club where the fans appretiate him more than the moaners do here.

I wouldn`t blame him one little bit if he was to move on and if i was a betting man then my money would be on him going. I don`t think he will turn down Coventry for a second time.

IF he does stay, get behind him ( not just when we are doing well !! ) ..

:disapointed2se:

Perhaps he will go to a club where the fans appretiate him more than the moaners do here.

I wouldn`t blame him one little bit if he was to move on and if i was a betting man then my money would be on him going. I don`t think he will turn down Coventry for a second time.

I agree, but if he goes it will cost coventry a lot of money, he still got two years left on contract, could lansdown turn that sort of compensation down. never dull here is it.

could lansdown turn that sort of compensation down.

Why not. We have sold players over the past year accounting for several million pounds, why lose one of your best assets in your manager for much less than you would a player.

If he goes and Lansdown lets him, he needs stringing up!

MM

He's not finished the job here yet!

Although they are in the championship, we just beat them 0-2, if I were him I would give it a wide berth.

Didn't he say he would only leave Yeovil for two clubs? apparently us and another unamed club (probably Watford or West Ham!?)

All clubs have a percentage of fans who moan & groan. Why make out Bristol City fans are so much worse than any other club?

Johnson is a professional and will be going no where until he's finished the job here, more likely to leave in the summer especially if he gets us promotion.

:sleeping: What a stupid pathetic rumor at least make something semi-believable up.

Rumour wasn't started on this forum (for once) .....

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...tentPK=16429038

Good news for all you Johnson haters out there. Why would Coventry have a "conference" manager who is "totally out of his depth at League One level" on their short list???

Rumour wasn't started on this forum (for once) .....

http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...tentPK=16429038

Good news for all you Johnson haters out there. Why would Coventry have a "conference" manager who is "totally out of his depth at League One level" on their short list???

The first thing you need to do is distinguish between moaning and constructive criticism.I haven't seen very many, if any, Johnson out type postings for about nine months, so leave that in the past where it belongs.

Johnson doesn't strike me as a bloke to walk away from a club without at least getting "one phase" of the job done and that'll take him to the end of the season and hopefully promotion.He also saw what shape Coventry are in first hand and the reaction of a large section of their fans in a largely deserted stadium.He also saw the manager fired the next day.

Adams finished just outside the play offs last season in eigth position after dragging the side up the table in the same way that GJ did here.The Board sold his best player out from under him (Sound Familiar?) and you can't normally replace a five million pound player unless you spend about that again.That money has clearly not been available to him in the transfer market although he has signed 30 players in his 99 games at the club.

I said a long time ago that the funny thing about football is that if GJ's very successfull he'll go and if he's a failure he'll go as well.Win-Win or Lose-Lose, you decide.

Any manager that has a run in the cup attracts attention and column inches......you trying finding something different to write about if your filling dozens of national newspapers not to mention the local ones, TV & Media, seven days a week.He'll be linked with every job outside th Premiership and may well rue not taking over at Derby when he sees where they are now......although, you don't know that he would have done as well as Billy Davies who has far more experience in Championship Football.

The same thing happened with Martin Allen.....where does he finish up? MK Dons in League Two.......although with a new, £40m ground and a board that rejected a £1m bid for their best player, who's to say that they won't sail past us?

The higher you go the less time you have, the more boards panic (Les Reed) and there is enough doubt about GJ's ability to motivate bigger name players.....and you'll come across plenty of those in The Championship, to make people waver and go for what they consider the safer option.

Geography is another factor and he seems settled with his family in the SW.His relationship with SL seems very strong.

If a comparatively big club comes in,(West Ham, Reading, Man City,Birm, Wolves :dunno: ) then we may well lose him in the same way as we lose our better, younger players to Prem sides that have cruised past us.Clubs we laughed at years ago like Wigan & Reading.GJ will never get a chance to manage the giants like L'Pool, Arsenal, Chel, Man Utd, so forget that.

My advice to the fans would be, wait and see.Like all managers, one way or the other and sooner or later,GJ will be gone.Enjoy the good bits while he's here.

My tip?

Gary McAllister & Eric Black......outside bet, Iain Dowie.

i know from a trusted source that something big is happening today.

both lansdowne and sexton have been at the training ground all morning regarding this issue.

theres more to the story but, i'm waiting on confirmation.

No idea what it could be about. But seeing as this rumour going about that johnsons off then i'm assuming it might be linked.

trusted source has said nothing about coventy

He's not finished the job here yet!

Although they are in the championship, we just beat them 0-2, if I were him I would give it a wide berth.

Didn't he say he would only leave Yeovil for two clubs? apparently us and another unamed club (probably Watford or West Ham!?)

Job not finished, when he left us he had signed up a full squad and the season had barely begun, not exactly job finished was it.

GJ is very ambitous, that's what makes him a good manager, he will go when it's right for GJ, nothing wrong with that. I doubt Coventry would be right for him as to be a success he would have to get them promoted, and I don't see that club as promotion material until the are in a much better financial position.

As for what he said about leaving Yeovil that was just saying what you want to hear, again nothing wrong with that. He was hardly likely to say 'I've made a few bad signings in the summer and it looks like we are going to struggle so when Mr Lansdowne rang I bit his hand off.

i know from a trusted source that something big is happening today.

both lansdowne and sexton have been at the training ground all morning regarding this issue.

Let's see-Transfer Activity-FA Cup Game against Premeirship Opposition-Four Massive Games in Ten Days-12 Days Until The End of The Window.......No, you're right, nothing much for them to talk about other than some trumped up attempt at a Non Story in the WDP-Remember GJ to Norwich?-By a sports media determined to climb up the northern orifice of mount Gary

theres more to the story but, i'm waiting on confirmation.

Let us know :whistle2:

No idea what it could be about. But seeing as this rumour going about that johnsons off then i'm assuming it might be linked.

Pretty big assumption :disapointed2se:

trusted source has said nothing about coventy

Must be going there then :shocking:

The fact that Johnson has already declined talks with Norwich this season tells me that it won't happen.

The fact that GJ turned down talks with Norwich isn't a fact as he himself confirmed at the ST Dinner. :disapointed2se:

Norwich didn't want him.

Norwich didn't approach City.

Norwih never offered anything to be "declined"

There was never, ever, any connection or approach.

Fact? :blink:

The fact that GJ turned down talks with Norwich isn't a fact as he himself confirmed at the ST Dinner. :disapointed2se:

He's lying!

Norwich didn't want him.

Yes, they did (or at least wanted to talk to him)

Norwich didn't approach City.

Yes they did

Norwih never offered anything to be "declined"

There was never, ever, any connection or approach.

Yes, there was

Fact? :blink:

As for what he said about leaving Yeovil that was just saying what you want to hear, again nothing wrong with that. He was hardly likely to say 'I've made a few bad signings in the summer and it looks like we are going to struggle so when Mr Lansdowne rang I bit his hand off.

Bitter?

Archived