IGNORED

League 1 Top Scorers

dezgimed

A fit Brooker looks a class act. He would have no probs in playing in the championship.

The problem is.....A FIT BROOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good point, will he ever be fully fit for the course of a season, well i think we just have to take that risk with a player of this ability and provide adequate cover for him and another injury-prone yet excellent striker in enoch which we did not 2 earlier this season. GJ though seems to be sorting this out.

Brooker, as good as what he is, only makes 20 games a season, always injured.

Saying that, a fit Steve Brooker is STILL THE BEST PLAYER AT BRISTOL CITY

Id agree with that, On his day Brooker is the best player at the club. Problem is, we havent seen Brooker "on his day" for a long time.

The good thing about it though, is that we have a far greater team ethic, and quality throughout the squad, the only place we look a little thin is on the flanks.

Showunmi is a class act IMO.

If Andrews does a job here during the month, GJ will keep and i for one believe he is an excellent signing. A striking combination, of Brooks, Enoch, Jevo and Andrews would give us excellent options upfront as all 4 are quality players.

i don't agree with the criticism that jevons gets, now we have a team full of confidence and creating chances he will score goals.

I also have to agree with the comments, ie Brooker, when he is fit he is still our best asset.

Yep he sure is. once he is firing on all cylinders again perhaps you lot will start believing in him again. He works his heart out on that pitch for this football club yes he has had his injury problems granted but he is a prescence that is needed in the team.

Id agree with that, On his day Brooker is the best player at the club. Problem is, we havent seen Brooker "on his day" for a long time.

The good thing about it though, is that we have a far greater team ethic, and quality throughout the squad, the only place we look a little thin is on the flanks.

Showunmi is a class act IMO.

Could,nt agree more Mr Browner_11.........

No way will Johnson drop Jevons. I to be honest rate him anyway. I think some of you miss the work he does when he is out there. And he does score goals if you check the stats!!

I think the last 2 games have shown that we have a far better strikeforce when Jevons isnt playing. Ok, he started at Coventry but when he went off our game picked up.

As for you saying he works hard..........come on be serious :rofl2br:.

After 32 games this season i just don't see it. Keep the strikeforce we have at the moment ,as IMO its far better.

I think the last 2 games have shown that we have a far better strikeforce when Jevons isnt playing. Ok, he started at Coventry but when he went off our game picked up.

As for you saying he works hard..........come on be serious :rofl2br:

Yes he does work hard out there. Just because his name isn't Enoch Showumni doesn't mean he isn't any good!!

And just because his name is Steve Brooker doesn't mean he is any good either!!

I rate Jevons as i have said on numerous occasions. I'm still confident Jevo/Brooker can be an effective partnership.

fact is if Andrews performs with us, he will stay simple as, Enoch & Jevons are both Johnson signings,

Brooker on the other hand seems incapable of playing anything like 10 games in a row and constantly has to be rested,

if Andrews performs, I wouldn't be surpised to see Jevons & Andrews up front with Enoch on the wing, or just Enoch/Andrews up front, Brooker doesn't do anything Enoch can't but Enoch performs.......simple as

Yep he sure is. once he is firing on all cylinders again perhaps you lot will start believing in him again. He works his heart out on that pitch for this football club yes he has had his injury problems granted but he is a prescence that is needed in the team.

FFS! Please give your fingers a rest regarding anything striker related on this forum.

You turn every thread into 'Brooker this , Brooker that'.

Please read what people say and try and use your brain before writing such gutwrenching love letters about Brooker. (people are 'sick' of it)

Regarding Brooker- 1. When 100% fit, Yes IMO he is our best forward.

2.At the moment and for the majority of this season, He has been jailed/Injured- So has Not been at his best.

3.I'm sure he will get back to his best and score plenty more for City.

Tbh Sarah, Jevon,s is ok....ish, but sat proved we don't rely on him.

And with all due respect, even S Broker was,nt at his best or missed when he wen off.

Suppose, sign of a good squad though

Yep and that is the key for promotion. Steve may not have been at his best but he did feed McCalister for his goal and was unluucky not to score himself. I hope he is fit Tuesday and does play but i can understand if GJ feels it is best to rest him for Boro.

FFS! Please give your fingers a rest regarding anything striker related on this forum.

You turn every thread into 'Brooker this , Brooker that'.

Please read what people say and try and use your brain before writing such gutwrenching love letters about Brooker. (people are 'sick' of it)

Regarding Brooker- 1. When 100% fit, Yes IMO he is our best forward.

2.At the moment and for the majority of this season, He has been jailed/Injured- So has Not been at his best.

3.I'm sure he will get back to his best and score plenty more for City.

Well all i hear from you lot is Andrews this Enoch that!!! and consistently moaning about Brooker. Yes he will get back to his best and will score plenty more for city. Then you lot will prob deny ever whinging about him.

I rate Jevons as i have said on numerous occasions. I'm still confident Jevo/Brooker can be an effective partnership.

How many games do you give them to get something going ? they were the pair we started the season with and we know how bad our start was. Brooker has to do far to much work when Jevons is his partner. When Brooker plays with Enoch the workload is shared and its no coincidence that we look a better team when these two are the strikeforce.

Well all i hear from you lot is Andrews this Enoch that!!! and consistently moaning about Brooker. Yes he will get back to his best and will score plenty more for city. Then you lot will prob deny ever whinging about him.

Look Miss B. I have not made a single post mentioning Andrews, And i don't exactly go on about Enoch.

Myself and several other users are fed up with your countless posts spouting your unhealthy love for one of our players.

I don't think any forum members "whinge" on about S Brooker.

Most members are realists, that know the guy, when fit, can do a s# ## hot job.

Sad thing is Sarah, he struggles to get 3/4 games in a row without picking up an injury.

Then he,s out for 3/4 games.

The lads that come in do a good job.

So thats the point people are making

Look Miss B. I have not made a single post mentioning Andrews, And i don't exactly go on about Enoch.

Myself and several other users are fed up with your countless posts spouting your unhealthy love for one of our players.

Yep - I am not the most popular poster which I can live with but even I have to say Sarah that you do go on a bit.

If you really fancy him good luck to you but 15 posts in an hour is a bit over the top I think you must agree !

I have never spouted as you put it Love for him on this forum. Just feel a lot of you are being a tad unfair regarding his appearances this season. lay off him a bit.

Yep - I am not the most popular poster which I can live with but even I have to say Sarah that you do go on a bit.

If you really fancy him good luck to you but 15 posts in an hour is a bit over the top I think you must agree !

15 posts in an hour wow i must be typing fast!! Its other people that mentioned him so i gave my opinion back.

I have never spouted as you put it Love for him on this forum. Just feel a lot of you are being a tad unfair regarding his appearances this season. lay off him a bit.

I was always told that one player doesnt make a team. Whilst I rate Brooker he isnt the be all and end all Of Bristol City. We did manage without him for 3 months. No one is slating Brooker on here. A few may have made comments about his fitness which is the truth. You just seem to take everything to heart and get on the defensive. Maybe you should not bite so much and people wouldnt reply to you!!

Never spouted on about Brooker!!!!!

Are you having a laugh? Is she having a laugh?

Ricky Gervais is a comedy genius & You are nothing but a bore.

I have said previously,

PLEASE- read other peoples comments.

Then stop.

Engage brain and think.

Then post a reply if you have anything different to say for a change.

As Arny said We are not having a go at Brooker so stop your constant love for him.

SB has been temporarily banned once already, and TomF gave her another warning. Its a matter of time and she will self destruct.

I for one hope its permanent. This person we were all happily unaware of 4 months ago, is the current holder of the "most annoying poster " award. That should tell us something. Its not comedy, pythonesque, or even an alter ego of Baldrick, its just utter aggravation, and indeed a bud that needs to be nipped.......permanently

He's not needed Sarah at all. We did fine without him when he was injured and resting at Her MAjesty's pleasure.

Don't get me wrong as others have said a FIT Steve Brooker is a fantastic asset for us. However he can't play here and there otherwise he's no good to us. We need him 90 minutes week in week out otherwise he's not an asset to Bristol City.

Archived