IGNORED

Mr Gary Johnson

Andy Horsman

I, like I dare say many other City fans have had my reservations. I have been very reluctant to accept that you are the best man to manage City and deliver what we all want most...PROMOTION!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I have criticized team selections, substitutions, tactics, lacklustre home performances, loan signings and yes I did think MS had something to offer when you persisted with Bas.

However.... I am refreshed at your comments post the superb win at Oldham, the undoubted performance of the week in any division/cup.I am thrilled that after nearly 5 months, we have won 2 successive away games and that we are joint top of the league, facing a Premiership club in the FA cup and are 3 games away from a Millenium Stadium trip to erase the memories of Wilsongate.

GARY JOHNSON YOU ARE THE MAN AND I AM SORRY. I am now, perhaps belatedly fully behind you and so are more and more City fans.

Middlesborough etc bring it on !!!!! :city::city::city:

I, like I dare say many other City fans have had my reservations. I have been very reluctant to accept that you are the best man to manage City and deliver what we all want most...PROMOTION!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I have criticized team selections, substitutions, tactics, lacklustre home performances, loan signings and yes I did think MS had something to offer when you persisted with Bas.

However.... I am refreshed at your comments post the superb win at Oldham, the undoubted performance of the week in any division/cup.I am thrilled that after nearly 5 months, we have won 2 successive away games and that we are joint top of the league, facing a Premiership club in the FA cup and are 3 games away from a Millenium Stadium trip to erase the memories of Wilsongate.

GARY JOHNSON YOU ARE THE MAN AND I AM SORRY. I am now, perhaps belatedly fully behind you and so are more and more City fans.

Fair shout mate...

However, we've won nothing yet.

I think he's doing a fantastic job and as we are seeing.....things take time to come together. My only fear is falling short and still being in League 1 come next season.

We've waited so long....I really do hope that the waiting is over.

Amazing what a couple of impressive performances can do :w00t: ..........Will you retract your apology if City lose three on the trot?

Amazing what a couple of impressive performances can do :w00t: ..........Will you retract your apology if City lose three on the trot?

No because I genuinely believe that we will get there now, and if we lost 3 on the trot, that would be us out of the cups but still sitting pretty wouldn't it?

Fair play to you, and you are joining an ever growing list of people who can now see what GJ is trying to achieve at BCFC. Think back to only last week when we had the 'Scott Brown must stay at BCFC' brigade on here...not too many of them popped up this weekend.

I can appreciate why GJ came up for some stick after the hand grenade incident, but I think we are now reaping the benefits of that and the whole change in culture at the club that this moment instigated.

Some of us predicted at the time that it was neccessary for GJ to ruffle some feathers and accepted that a run of 7 league defeats was a price that would inevitably have to be paid.

That moment it seems has become a defining one in GJ's reign at BCFC and, I repeat, we are now reaping the rewards!

Fair play to you, and you are joining an ever growing list of people who can now see what GJ is trying to achieve at BCFC. Think back to only last week when we had the 'Scott Brown must stay at BCFC' brigade on here...not too many of them popped up this weekend.

I can appreciate why GJ came up for some stick after the hand grenade incident, but I think we are now reaping the benefits of that and the whole change in culture at the club that this moment instigated.

Some of us predicted at the time that it was neccessary for GJ to ruffle some feathers and accepted that a run of 7 league defeats was a price that would inevitably have to be paid.

That moment it seems has become a defining one in GJ's reign at BCFC and, I repeat, we are now reaping the rewards!

i still think scotty should stay and be in citys squad, what people are not saying is we got a fair few

players looking at yellow card top ups and bans, so the shit could hit the fan yet (hope not)

but when we cross the line and were in the championship i will give the man credit he may well deserve

but lets not get carried away there is a lot of football to play, but the feel good factor right now is good.

it's a rollercoaster ride following city that's for sure.

i still think scotty should stay and be in citys squad, what people are not saying is we got a fair few

players looking at yellow card top ups and bans, so the shit could hit the fan yet (hope not)

Fair enough, and I'm not saying there's still not a chance that Scott B will return to Ashton Gate after his loan spell. However, on yesterdays evidence Brian Wilson looks like a more accomplished player on the left than Brown. Positionally he was excellent, strong in the tackle and he passes the ball with great precision - he even has a pretty sweet shot on him (one long-range y'day that went close)! Added bonus being that he can play at right back and left back as well to cover injuries/suspensions.

Fair enough, and I'm not saying there's still not a chance that Scott B will return to Ashton Gate after his loan spell. However, on yesterdays evidence Brian Wilson looks like a more accomplished player on the left than Brown. Positionally he was excellent, strong in the tackle and he passes the ball with great precision - he even has a pretty sweet shot on him (one long-range y'day that went close)! Added bonus being that he can play at right back and left back as well to cover injuries/suspensions.

yeah the kid looks good but like i said there is always injuries and suspentions

that could hamper your sides run, so you need decent cover and if that cover

is scott brown then it's well covered.

I suppose GJ has done OK..... :whistle2:

Seriously, a great effort so far, and full marks to him and the team - I have not always been his greatest fan, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Now the negativity, are the Cup runs, and associated fixture congestion going to be our downfall? It has happened to other clubs on so many occasions.

Well said Welly.

It takes a BIG man to come on here and eat humble pie.Lets see how many are big enough to follow your lead!

Takes aman to swallow his pride ,welcome to the Gary johnson lovers clubs :shocking:

Sorry but not yet.

We had a fantastic win at Coventry and a superb performance yesterday - no question.

They may compensate for the crap results over Christmas.

Let us get carried away - since September we have won two away league games - GOSH !

Been here before since eternity - the time to eat humble pie / apologise / shoot oneself / pay double the asking price for your season ticket / compliment the refreshments at AG / think GJ and SL are the chosen two etc .............

IS WHEN WE HAVE DONE IT AND ARE AUTOMATICALLY PROMOTED !

Till then, fraid not.

Takes aman to swallow his pride ,welcome to the Gary johnson lovers clubs :shocking:

What exactly has he done wrong.

All I can see is a manager who has turned our team from relegation certainties to promotion candidates.

Along the way bringing in players who are 100% commited to the cause and disposing of those who arent.

What am I missing?

Sorry but not yet.

We had a fantastic win at Coventry and a superb performance yesterday - no question.

Let us get carried away - since September we have won two away league games - GOSH !

Been here before since eternity - the time to eat humble pie / apologise / shoot oneself / pay double the asking price for your season ticket / compliment the refreshments at AG / think GJ and SL are the chosen two etc .............

Till then, fraid not.

Problem is, that you and many others have seen us fail at the final hurdle many many times before.

I wish/hope/pray, Johnson and the lads get my/our team promotion, but just a tad longer before i convince myself...... :rolleyes:

Problem is, that you and many others have seen us fail at the final hurdle many many times before.

I wish/hope/pray, Johnson and the lads get my/our team promotion, but just a tad longer before i convince myself...... :rolleyes:

Same here Arn. We are playing some great football and have the same team spriit we had under John Ward in promotion season. But I am still reserving judgement as for the past 6 years I have expected us to turn the corner only to fail come May. Please prove me wrong this time!!

Sorry but not yet.

Till then, fraid not.

maybe two away wins since Sept, but how many have we lost since September? our away record this season is impressive and we are proving a very hard team to beat, battering one of the top 4 away has shown we are more than capable.

if he makes the play off he would have done a great job in his first full season, if we get promoted than he has done a fantasic job, either way a top 6 finish considering the squad has been totally rebuilt since he has been here is an Excellent Result

that's in the back of my mind to ''the final hurdle'' i keep getting this nasty nightmare

that city will play yeovil in the play off final and up pops marcus stewart in the 90'th

minute to take them up, and a seasons hard work all gone in a moment,

thats the type of thing city fans have had to live with in many years.

:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

Sorry but not yet.

So, just to clarify, promotion via the dreaded play-offs is failure?

Till then, fraid not.

that's in the back of my mind to ''the final hurdle'' i keep getting this nasty nightmare

that city will play yeovil in the play off final and up pops marcus stewart in the 90'th

I know you jest but you are right and I bet you are over 30 to say that !

Same here Arn. We are playing some great football and have the same team spriit we had under John Ward in promotion season. But I am still reserving judgement as for the past 6 years I have expected us to turn the corner only to fail come May. Please prove me wrong this time!!

Lisa, after sat our lot def have the ability in them to push on and get promoted.

God i want it, so do my Mrs, my family, Mum, Dad, brother, the full monty, but its Jan.........perhaps 8/10 more weeks then :banana:

don't go there CH, don't go there....... :badmood:

if he is still in their first team then, seems to be doing the same thing he did at City, put his feet up and his enjoy his nice big wages with minimum effort,

still at least he's off our hands

I've always been a Johnson fan and thought he would take this club forward, however, I understand where a lot of people are coming from with their wait and see comments. So many years of failing at the last hurdle makes it very difficult to truly believe it will be different this time. I'm hopeful, I'm optimistic, I'm really looking forward to the Boro game and I feel that if we carry on this form we can beat anybody but there is still this tiny niggling "but" at the back of my mind. I suppose my biggest worry is that we become victims of our own success and end up with a chronic fixture pile up.

Archived