IGNORED

Mr Gary Johnson

Andy Horsman

I've always been a Johnson fan and thought he would take this club forward, however, I understand where a lot of people are coming from with their wait and see comments. So many years of failing at the last hurdle makes it very difficult to truly believe it will be different this time. I'm hopeful, I'm optimistic, I'm really looking forward to the Boro game and I feel that if we carry on this form we can beat anybody but there is still this tiny niggling "but" at the back of my mind. I suppose my biggest worry is that we become victims of our own success and end up with a chronic fixture pile up.

good thing with Johnson is have a proven ability of getting teams promoted, I think he is experienced enough to know how to make sure the players don't get to complacent. The mentality he has stamped on the team is of a never say die attitude, never give up and keep fighting till the end, something that Johnson's teams always have, if he can just continue as he has during his time at the club, I'm confident of auto promotion come the end of season.

Other managers/teams you could question their ability and desire, that can't be said about the current squad.

yep i am.

but it's those play off's we don't do well in them do we :unsure:

Quite right - RRH says promo via play offs are failure ( he asks the question ) and I would reply that of course it is not.

BUT they are a bloody lottery - one injury or bad refereeing decision and you have had it !

There are those ( not sure I agree ) who still say if Peacock hadn't been injured we might have made it.

In truth most of us think the third team should go up - if you are points clear of the others after 46 games you deserve it !

Just a money making / extend the season ploy really.

And as you say - we don't do well in them do we ?

In truth most of us think the third team should go up - if you are points clear of the others after 46 games you deserve it !

Just a money making / extend the season ploy really.

And as you say - we don't do well in them do we ?

I bet you wont say that if we don't finish in the top 3 but go up through them?

No need - that thread was written almost a year ago and things have moved on since then.In fact most people have forgotten it......

Quite, And many/some of us haven't, It was a cheap shot aimed at the man brought in to sort out the complete shambles that a certain 'legend' left us in, Who judging by his bitter remarks yesterday is still in denial....

Give me a choice and I'll tell you.

The point I was making is that we all say things which, at the time, we passionately believe. Sometimes it comes back to bite us in the arse. All of us.

Fair point well argued, My point is perhaps RR should have admitted as much and also he really invited my response by his 'dig' at the author of this thread.

Why keep dragging this particular one up ? What does it achieve ? Does it make you and others feel better ? If so, why ?

Another fair point well argued, I personally keep dragging it up because it was a cheap shot aimed at the man brought in to sort out his 'mates' mess.

I never doubted him i always knew we could win games with Garry he seems like a really nice guy but can be serious and really knows his stuff! I would be happy with him for a long time, he obviously knows what he is doing in every aspect of managing the team. Well done Garry, proud to have my pic with you and look like a nob and have it as my sig :laugh:

Sgt Gary Johnson

# The Grand Ol' Sgt Gaz, He Had A Squad Of Men,

He Marched Them Up To The Top Of The League -

& He Marched 'em Down Again...

When They Were Up They Were Up -

When They Were Down They Were Down...

& When They Were Only Halfway Up -

They Were Neither Up Nor Down! #

('bout time he sorted the bloody pasties out!) :)

Sgt Gary Johnson

# The Grand Ol' Sgt Gaz, He Had A Squad Of Men,

He Marched Them Up To The Top Of The League -

& He Marched 'em Down Again...

When They Were Up They Were Up -

When They Were Down They Were Down...

& When They Were Only Halfway Up -

They Were Neither Up Nor Down! #

('bout time he sorted the bloody pasties out!) :)

Cor! You makes I laugh :rofl2br:

Even during that 9 game losing streak, when some oh so wise folk doubted :whistle2: , I for one believed we were on to a winner with the bloke.

Easy to pop up with this kind of statement now I know and I take for granted I'll be shot down in May if things do go tits up (although I do reserve the right to change my mind, as that is deemed a reasonable enough thing to do by the one of all knowledge on here, when proved wrong anyway), but the reasoning behind such confidence lies, firstly in the performances witnessed in the last two 1/2 games, secondly in the belief we're being now run by a bloke who knows what he's doing, has motivation, ambition and belief and has thankflly seen that the player power piss taking that haunted the Club for too many years had to be brought to a holt.

Young Scott's depature didn't please me, Orr and Brooker on their way out too, mark my words.

• Admin
Fair play to you, and you are joining an ever growing list of people who can now see what GJ is trying to achieve at BCFC. Think back to only last week when we had the 'Scott Brown must stay at BCFC' brigade on here...not too many of them popped up this weekend.

I can appreciate why GJ came up for some stick after the hand grenade incident, but I think we are now reaping the benefits of that and the whole change in culture at the club that this moment instigated.

Some of us predicted at the time that it was neccessary for GJ to ruffle some feathers and accepted that a run of 7 league defeats was a price that would inevitably have to be paid.

That moment it seems has become a defining one in GJ's reign at BCFC and, I repeat, we are now reaping the rewards!

Remembering that Club record run of 9 defeats last season, did anyone realise we are 3 games from equalling our post-war unbeaten record and 8 from equalling our overall unbeaten record?

• Admin
Problem is, that you and many others have seen us fail at the final hurdle many many times before.

I wish/hope/pray, Johnson and the lads get my/our team promotion, but just a tad longer before i convince myself...... :rolleyes:

The problem with that argument though is the suggestion that previous managers were given a grace period where Johnson through no fault of his own isn't.

For example, what exactly could Johnson have done differently to stop us getting relegated under Lennartson or promoted under Wilson or Tinnion?

Archived